• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
Well I was exchanging messages with this cute girl, and I thought it seemed to be going well. She mentioned that she was really busy lately because of school, so I asked if she wanted my number so she could give me a text or call when she's not so busy.

A few hours later and no reply, even though it says she's been online the whole time.

I think I fucked up by making a move too soon. :/

I really suck at this. Even on the off chance that I do get a reply, I seem incapable of doing much with it.

Maddocks

Don't even trip, the online/offline notification is broken right now. It will remain on for hours and hours after the person is logged out. It was annoying me because it kept saying I was logged in when I wasn't so I did a search and the site forum said it has been broke for over a week and they hope to fix it soon.

mooooose

Well I was exchanging messages with this cute girl, and I thought it seemed to be going well. She mentioned that she was really busy lately because of school, so I asked if she wanted my number so she could give me a text or call when she's not so busy.

A few hours later and no reply, even though it says she's been online the whole time.

I think I fucked up by making a move too soon. :/

I really suck at this. Even on the off chance that I do get a reply, I seem incapable of doing much with it.

Who cares. Don't worry about. Plenty of other girls out there.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
panty line?..

There was huge image back a couple pages that showed where a guy created a fake profile with a professional model as the pic and used the line: "I'd like to pull down your panties and lick you for hours. You're gorgeous." And he got back several positive replies back from it.

Then he tried the same using a pic of an average looking guy and it went horribly.

His point being that physical attraction is the #1 thing when it comes to success with girls.

I've sent it to about two dozen girls already and gotten two replies back that were totally down for it. The others viewed my profile but didn't message back.

Ugh at the last couple pages. I thought you guys were better than this.

thisisneogaf.gif

Maddocks

Okay so when you say "active member" how many unsolicited dick pictures am I expected to send?

lol that will get you reported very fast....or many dates. its varies from city to city, state to state.

Mostly it checks to see if you sign in and actually change your profile, pictures, send messages. If you only sign in 4 times a year, chances are they will not bump you into moderator status.

Az987

all good things
I'd like to pull down your panties and lick you for hours. You're gorgeous.

Though your YMMV depending on how good looking you are.

Well that's an interesting approach.

I usually don't eat pussy so it would be a straight up lie though.

I'd like to pull down your panties and lick you for hours. You're gorgeous.

Though your YMMV depending on how good looking you are.
Hahahaha, did DrBo come up with that?

That's an incredibly skeevy line. YMMV both depending on how good looking you are, AND how pathetic the self-esteem level of the girl in question is

DrBo42

Hahahaha, did DrBo come up with that?

That's an incredibly skeevy line. YMMV both depending on how good looking you are, AND how pathetic the self-esteem level of the girl in question is

No I didn't come up with it. Just re-posted. I'm not that much of a douche.

(._.)

Banned
just a heads up to yall. upload 5+ pics and make sure you look halfway decent in them. girls on this site don't give a shit about your personality if you just have a webcam pic or two on your profile.

i don't wanna hear that you're shy or some shit, just do it. fill your profile out with witty comments but keep it short. make sure it isn't too long but gives them an idea of what you're into. for heaven's sake make sure you have a ton of photos though.

this is coming from guy in 18-22 age range. idk how it works when you're older but i'm swimming in female attention from this site and i'm about one digit lower in terms of looks compared to sexynerd. wasn't getting much when i only had two pics.

After sending two super brief emails to this girl, she wants to start texting. My, "she might be crazy" alarm is going off. Anybody had that happen before?

After sending two super brief emails to this girl, she wants to start texting. My, "she might be crazy" alarm is going off. Anybody had that happen before?
I don't know. That seems completely normal to me. Like it or not, texting is how a lot of people between the ages of 18-30 communicate before meeting up a good majority of the time.

RichieS99

Banned
I wont take up a lot of your time gentlemen but as I have seen this talk of 5 starring I think I should say that I have a date with a gorgeous Russian girl tomorrow and have done it without all this 5 star stuff. Believe in yourself gentlemen and look for the gems in your own bracket. She was a red dot but I still got a reply and now Im on a date tomorrow. Wish me luck Gentlemen.

Went well. Had an awesome date and oh yeah her visa expires at end of the month. Got two choices here that were offered. See each other for a month or marry her so she can stay. Oh well on to the next one.

Xun

Debating what to say next, hmm:

Me said:
Hey.

Good to see another Pixar lover on here! Any faves? I'm relatively new to this site but if you fancy a chat feel free to message me back.

Her said:
Hi,

Hands down 'Monsters Inc'. Although 'Up' is a close second... the first 10 minutes are magic. Oh and 'Finding Nemo', ahh they're all good. And yours?

I see you do animation! That's pretty exciting- are you a student? I did an animation course for a summer school once and it took me a whole day to make a football bounce around. So time consuming!

Nice to meet you,

Amber

Sound interested? I've just got to message back with something worthwhile.

Should just drop her like a bad habit. Ratatouille is by far the best they've ever done.

Talk about your animation, seems she's interested enough in the subject

Bleepey

Make a joke/comment about Pixar movies you like. Maybe talk about what you did related to animation and how it might be funny or interesting. Maybe joke about how it might be a while before you are animating like Pixar cos in your animation classes ____ but the journey of 1000 miles begins with one step and the Journey to be able to *insert humerous scene from Pixar film* begins with *insert mundane animation task like I dunno bouncing balls*

Should just drop her like a bad habit. Ratatouille is by far the best they've ever done.

Hmm, I think her interest in animation is limited, she just used that bit to drive the conversation forward. I feel like Xun shouldn't assault her with animation talk or he might appear to be boring/one-dimensional, etc.

How do you guys deal with the girls who "Would strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background"?

Do you still message them or not bother? If you do, what's the success rate?

Maddocks

How do you guys deal with the girls who "Would strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background"?

Do you still message them or not bother? If you do, what's the success rate?

does it say that in their profile or was it in the questions answered?

if its in the profile, toss her aside. But if its in questions answered and has no explanation, i say message anyway because people forget their own questions all the time.

Xun

Make a joke/comment about Pixar movies you like. Maybe talk about what you did related to animation and how it might be funny or interesting. Maybe joke about how it might be a while before you are animating like Pixar cos in your animation classes ____ but the journey of 1000 miles begins with one step and the Journey to be able to *insert humerous scene from Pixar film* begins with *insert mundane animation task like I dunno bouncing balls*

Hmm, I think her interest in animation is limited, she just used that bit to drive the conversation forward. I feel like Xun shouldn't assault her with animation talk or he might appear to be boring/one-dimensional, etc.
Thanks for the comments guys, I'll try and get something together.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll try and get something together.

The fact that she replied with her name (when you didn't even give yours) is a big sign that she's interested in you.

Continue the conversation about animation but feel free to explore other topics. Heck, you could even move immediately towards setting up a date.

"How would you like to spend a whole day bouncing a real football around?"

Don't say this.

Ovid

Uh..GAF...I took your advice about giving everyone who visited my profile 5-stars. So now what do I do if someone I'm not interested in messages me?

Loona

Uh..GAF...I took your advice about giving everyone who visited my profile 5-stars. So now what do I do if someone I'm not interested in messages me?

Not to sure about that piece of advice (applied only to GAF visitors?...), but messages you don't reply to help you reach the covered yellow dot, right? (at least I figure yellow would make the profile standout without making it look rigged)

Ovid

Not to sure about that piece of advice (applied only to GAF visitors?...), but messages you don't reply to help you reach the covered yellow dot, right? (at least I figure yellow would make the profile standout without making it look rigged)

So just leave it alone? I don't want to come off as a jerk though.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd

I think you misunderstood us. You were supposed to have GAF visit your profile and rate you 5 stars or create a couple fake accounts and do it from them.

Loona

So just leave it alone? I don't want to come off as a jerk though.

You're the one who said you're not interested - if there's some question in the message you feel like replying or something along those lines, it's ultimately your choice. I have no idea of how many people you can find in a search in your area, ignoring people seems like less of an issue when the "numbers game" thing actually involves large numbers of available people.

Ovid

I think you misunderstood us. You were supposed to have GAF visit your profile and rate you 5 stars or create a couple fake accounts and do it from them.
Oh boy, seriously!? I just rated like 20 women 5-stars, great.

You're the one who said you're not interested - if there's some question in the message you feel like replying or something along those lines, it's ultimately your choice. I have no idea of how many people you can find in a search in your area, ignoring people seems like less of an issue when the "numbers game" thing actually involves large numbers of available people.
Makes sense.

You do what girls do to most of GAF: ignore them.
LOL.

Ashhong

Hate when a girl I message (in this case someone I really wanted to get to know) views my profile but doesn't reply. Sadface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom