• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzero

Since changing my profile up I think I have a near 100% response rate, and plenty of times I go to a girls page, and if I see we have things in common, I don't message her just to get her to message me and it has been working like crazy.

Problem is, I can't find the perfect lady.
They don't exist.

Since changing my profile up I think I have a near 100% response rate, and plenty of times I go to a girls page, and if I see we have things in common, I don't message her just to get her to message me and it has been working like crazy.

whats your secret

Damn. Mind sharing your profile for some tips?

bcl0328

this girl keeps finding me on every dating site i've been on. she messaged me on okcupid and now i signed up on POF and i got an email saying she wants to meet me. i'm not sure what to do yet. she isn't ugly or fat, has a master's degree in my field which is cool, a good job (i assume), doesn't smoke, and likes some of the same things i do. i'm not really attracted to her though. should i go for it?

staticshade

Neo Member
this girl keeps finding me on every dating site i've been on. she messaged me on okcupid and now i signed up on POF and i got an email saying she wants to meet me. i'm not sure what to do yet. she isn't ugly or fat, has a master's degree in my field which is cool, a good job (i assume), doesn't smoke, and likes some of the same things i do. i'm not really attracted to her though. should i go for it?

Lol depends on what your going in for ?

bcl0328

Lol depends on what your going in for ?

a relationship would be nice. seems like good wife material (just thinking ahead). i remember her from a few classes we had together in college so i know she is pretty smart. most hot girls that i am attracted to aren't very bright and don't share the same interests as me so i'm just wondering if i should stop going for the lookers and try for something different.

staticshade

Neo Member
a relationship would be nice. seems like good wife material (just thinking ahead). i remember her from a few classes we had together in college so i know she is pretty smart. most hot girls that i am attracted to aren't very bright and don't share the same interests as me so i'm just wondering if i should stop going for the lookers and try for something different.

Go for it. You never know, might turn out better than you could have hoped

LaneDS

Just don't talk about Garfield. People fucking hate Garfield.

Many years ago I messaged a girl who in one of her photos was in a Garfield costume, and I decided it would be amusing to write to her as if she actually was Garfield (she was not at all amused, but I was!).

Does actually, weve been IMing for an hour.

Edit: Number acquired.

Great success.

Honestly, i don't even read profiles anymore. I just look and pics and message away. If the match % is really low, i look at the answers to questions and unless i see something retarded like "No sex until after marriage" or "Creationism should be taught in schools" i usually message anyway. I had been messaging back and forth with some chick and got her number before i found out she had a kid, which she clearly stated on her profile. On the other hand, it saves me a ton of time reading tons of bs like "i like to laugh" and "i'm a social butterfly" and the rest of that shit.

Xun

Good luck!

You'll be fine. Don't overthink the messaging too much. If she's really interested in you, even if you say some things that she doesn't agree with or like, she'll overlook that if she wants to meet you.

Now, after just a couple more exchanges with her, start moving in on asking about a date and meeting up.

The next mistake a lot of guys make is they do the messaging back and forth too long and she loses interest.
No message back yet, but ah well.

Maybe she'll respond soon.

If she does I'll do what you said.

Az987

all good things
Oh this cute girl looked at my profile, lets se-

You should message me if
You've got a super hot body.

Welp. Guess that's that.

Well.. do you have a super hot body? If so, go for it.

You can't tell much about a person from a few lines they typed in an online dating profile so don't assume shes shallow. It's hard to tell if someone is joking online sometimes.

How many of you guys are overweight?

My biggest downfall in this site is always getting too worked up before a first date thinking that she'll immediately not like what she sees. Because, ya know, I put the best pictures up of me as possible. I mean, I'm not THAT misleading, and the "A little bit extra" descriptor is certainly a great way to spin it, but despite all of my charm and ability to excel at conversing I always mentally trip over my body image

Jzero

My biggest downfall in this site is always getting too worked up before a first date thinking that she'll immediately not like what she sees. Because, ya know, I put the best pictures up of me as possible. It's not THAT misleading, and the "A little bit extra" descriptor is certainly a great way to spin it, but despite all of my charm and ability to excel at conversing I always mentally trip over my body image
You should start working out and join P90X gaf (if you haven't already)

This way you'll look better and feel better about yourself.

Az987

all good things

My biggest downfall in this site is always getting too worked up before a first date thinking that she'll immediately not like what she sees. Because, ya know, I put the best pictures up of me as possible. I mean, I'm not THAT misleading, and the "A little bit extra" descriptor is certainly a great way to spin it, but despite all of my charm and ability to excel at conversing I always mentally trip over my body image

I have a super hot body (lol) so I don't have that problem. My biggest downfall is I don't have a job and still live at home with my parents! Sexy.

I have some medical problems so its whatever but its kind of hard to explain that in a dating website profile which is probably why I do better on hook up sites. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Loona

Not worth it. I don't want to date someone that shallow anyways

It said

"You should message me if
You've got a super hot body."

not

"Don't message me unless
You've got a super hot body."

The worst that can happen is no reply, which tends to be the norm anyway. And even then, odds are that she wrote that so long ago she already forgot about it anyway.

Clearly some girls there don't put much thought into what they write - I've come across one that in the "I'm really good at" section wrote "spending money", which immediatly inspires the question "Whose money?"...

I have a super hot body (lol) so I don't have that problem. My biggest downfall is I don't have a job and still live at home with my parents! Sexy.

I have some medical problems so its whatever but its kind of hard to explain that in a dating website profile which is probably why I do better on hook up sites. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

What atre these hookup sites you speak of? POF?

DrBo42

No, hes gotta say he has a super cold body in the trunk of his car.

She'll think its hilarious.

Add :D and ;) to the end of the sentence and she'll really think its funny.

I would actually do this. Without the emoticon of course. Love fucking with people on this stupid site.

Holy fuck, i missed out on all the 5 stars and messaging going on a few pages back. How's it working out for those who did, and can a brother get in on the action?

Holy fuck, i missed out on all the 5 stars and messaging going on a few pages back. How's it working out for those who did, and can a brother get in on the action?

Many of those comments have profiles written in secret (quote to see). Usually, if you have a random dude view your profile, assume its a gaffer and also give them five stars.

Im at

edit....how do you do the secret thing again? :/

DrBo42

Many of those comments have profiles written in secret (quote to see). Usually, if you have a random dude view your profile, assume its a gaffer and also give them five stars.

Im at

edit....how do you do the secret thing again? :/

It's email link I think. Already got you.

Always nice to know a 91 percent match rating isn't good enough for you. :-/

I think there's just something wrong with me. I know the girls on OKC are super, super picky but I can't be getting rejected by everyone for no reason, right?

DrBo42

Always nice to know a 91 percent match rating isn't good enough for you. :-/

I think there's just something wrong with me. I know the girls on OKC are super, super picky but I can't be getting rejected by everyone for no reason, right?

I don't think many people care about the match rating to be honest. Don't be discouraged.

Az987

all good things
What atre these hookup sites you speak of? POF?

No, the ones for just sex.

I've had a profile on adultfriendfinder.com for a while but to be able to send messages you need to pay money. You can reply if someone messages you though and usually I just get old men sending me messages which is um... flattering but not my thing. Every once in a while a woman will send me a message though.

DrBo42

lol nooo

I need to change my profile but the thought of why even bother has stopped me from doing it. how do you guys do it? how do you make it interesting?

Man I have no idea. Mine is terrible. I'm thinking of just deleting everything and filling bare minimum bullshit. (quote to see)

equap

Banned
Man I have no idea. Mine is terrible. I'm thinking of just deleting everything and filling bare minimum bullshit. (quote to see)
I don't think it's terrible but I wouldn't trust me since I think my profile is terrible. :-

I think I should just delete and start a new one with new user name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom