• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my

While I've mentioned how I'm not confident with my body image, I am VERY confident with my social skills. I cobbled together my profile in about an hour last week, and it isn't even up to my standards for humor and writing, but I have had excellent success so far. A few girls have already messaged me first, and most girls I initiate a conversation with have responded to me (with quite a few being "very selective" responders)

Quote to see.

And just to up the swag, I'd appreciate a five-star rating. I'll return the favor for anyone who helps me out :D

I'm confident enough with how things have been working out for me so far to say that my approach to the profile is a good one. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, because there certainly is, but I there are a lot of people here that I'd love to help out and give ideas to.

EDIT: Also I'm not trying to imply this is the only way to go. It's tailored pretty well towards my own personality, which is probably important, but it is lighthearted enough to make the chicas think i'm a dude who is both swell and fun to be around

Az987

all good things
Just sent a girl a picture of my complete comic collection, I can assume she'll respond by sending nudes right?

Write her a sonnet, I'll start you off -

"My heart was beginning to wither;
Until the day you showed up in my quiver"

Now I beg of you to come hither
Shh.. Just lie there and let my tongue make you shiver

Ashhong

Now I beg of you to come hither
Shh.. Just lie there and let my tongue make you shiver

SOMEONE DO THIS

Also, I am afraid that 5 star rating you guys is going to affect my matches or something. What if they start thinking I want dudes or girls that look like girls I don't know lol.

Bossun

OK.....There's one very cute girl, finaly someone I really dig and who seems funny.
Of course her "message box" is full and they want a "bribe" if I want my message to go through....

image.jpg

Sent

Servbot24

Banned
That little ditty seemed pretty creepy to me.

Anyways met my current gf on OKC back in July, now going on 4 months dating. :) She lives an hour away though :(

Maddocks

does that mean you/we are going to try and create a brand new never before seen copy and paste message to be delivered only to quiver matches? awesome.

Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. The version you read is actually a full re-write of my profile I did the other day, and I think it's so much better than before, which was a very wordy mish-mash of lists, smileys, and every little detail I could think of. (One girl did compliment the old profile, calling it candid and not pretentious, but it really was way too wordy...)

Az987

all good things
Let's get cracking, OKCGAF.

Does anyone still use POF anymore? I just realized that I haven't. Becker it in a while.

I do. Actually I don't really use either one anymore but I log on POF occasionally. I don't have anything written in my profile on OKcupid anymore.

I do. Actually I don't really use either one anymore but I log on POF occasionally. I don't have anything written in my profile on OKcupid anymore.
I was pretty drunk when I wrote my OKC profile. I decided to keep it for a while, serious profile wasn't getting it done.

Az987

all good things
I was pretty drunk when I wrote my OKC profile. I decided to keep it for a while, serious profile wasn't getting it done.

Ha, that's funny because I was high on pain killers when I wrote my POF profile but it came out all lovey dovey. I got a few compliments on it but nothing really panned out.

I wrote my OKC profile shortly post-breakup so I just re-did most of it the other day. I think I like the newer version more, but I haven't sent enough messages out to new girls lately to know if the changes made things better. Meh.
Linked in this post for those curious.

Az987

all good things
I wrote my OKC profile shortly post-breakup so I just re-did most of it the other day. I think I like the newer version more, but I haven't sent enough messages out to new girls lately to know if the changes made things better. Meh.
Linked in this post for those curious.

I gave you 5 stars. I'm going to do an experiment and change my profile pic to a new one without me wearing a shirt and see if I get any messages. Im going to try and sound as douchey as possible in the profile.

edit: AND I'M DONE!

Going on a date tomorrow night with a girl who I wooed with my knowledge of foodie TV shows. Feels good man

My first okc date, regardless of how it goes, thanks to all you peeps who started this thread and made me get on okc. And thanks to all those who rated me

Pastry

Banned
Hmmm girl I went to college with but never really knew just started a profile on OKC. I probably met her at some point at a party but I was too drunk to really remember, it was a small school. Always had a crush on her... but she was in the same sorority as my younger sister and my ex (my ex was much older than she is so they didn't know each other well I don't think). There is no way to approach this girl on OKC without it being weird. Guess I'm going to have to get my sister to work some magic, problem is they were only acquaintances :(

Hmmm girl I went to college with but never really knew just started a profile on OKC. I probably met her at some point at a party but I was too drunk to really remember, it was a small school. Always had a crush on her... but she was in the same sorority as my younger sister and my ex (my ex was much older than she is so they didn't know each other well I don't think). There is no way to approach this girl on OKC without it being weird. Guess I'm going to have to get my sister to work some magic, problem is they were only acquaintances :(

No... just lay out how you know her and ask her how she's doing.

Pastry

Banned
No... just lay out how you know her and ask her how she's doing.

Hmm yeah potentially, going to have to run this through my sis first. I'v dated friends of my siblings before and it has ended pretty messy haha so now I kind of always get approval before moving ahead. Plus I need to find out if she's crazy or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom