• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You seem like a great guy, just not MY great guy."

I fucking give up.

Why are you giving up? Because one girl isn't interested? Everyone in this thread has been blown off by someone, but we're still here. Instead of wallowing in self pity why don't you make some positive changes? View it as her loss and don't get bogged down by it. There are plenty more girls out there. You'll find someone, but you need to stop hating yourself - fix what you can and accept what you can't.

Also, I noticed you posted in another thread that she seemed into you before you met and you don't know what you did wrong - you probably didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes there's just no chemistry. The guy I just had a date with, I thought he was good looking (both in his pics and when I met him), and we had a lot in common; we'd been chatting a reasonable amount via text before meeting up too. On paper it seemed great and should've worked out but it didn't and I don't really know why. But it wasn't something he did (or didn't do), there just wasn't any spark. No big deal.

Been having some good luck last few days. This very attractive woman I messaged a few days ago flat out replied with her number. Will call later tonight. Wouldn't surprised if its a fake number though.

Ashhong

YES!

Got a response from a chick I liked the profile of! I messaged again today after she looked at my profile after ignoring my 1st message

Now to whoo her!

What, that worked? I figured a girl would respond after the first. Why would she reply to the second...how did you even word the second one?

"Hey there, I see you looked at my face but didn't reply, why not?!"

I'll rate you all with my fake account (for anonymous profile visiting)...as soon as I remember the password.

Meanwhile I got rated 4-5 by:
nosebleed.jpeg

Man, I hope it's not a scam :|

/oh, I felt ok posting this because reverse-search didn't work. I'll remove it if it's against the tos or something.

What, that worked? I figured a girl would respond after the first. Why would she reply to the second...how did you even word the second one?

"Hey there, I see you looked at my face but didn't reply, why not?!"

I always have a generic one if a girl visits me and says nothing

"Ahhh, a look at my profile and no message. No fair!"

That's it!

She said she Is terrible at this and we had a little talk. Its last here, so we will carry on tomorrow. I'm going to try and take this offline ASAP

Puddles

Banned
Ok cupid has ratings? Have they always had these?

Edit: okay, I'm going to need some of you guys to help me boost my rating once I get my profile done.

Maddocks

damn kevin. don't give up hope. I sent out 250 messages total up to this post (and ill send out 250 more by next week) and only got 5 replies back. I wanted to give up also at times. But if your serious about relationships and finding women, you need to be comfortable with yourself.

you are at least 6 feet tall, try being a overweight short guy. 6 months in the gym or eating right and exercis and you will be swimming in poon. Girls love tall guys, but they hate self petty. If you lack confidence, then fake it. It will happen for you. But you will need to change that profile up.

Ashhong

That's it!

She said she Is terrible at this and we had a little talk. Its last here, so we will carry on tomorrow. I'm going to try and take this offline ASAP

Man that sounds desperate.

I'm going to do it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How do you know you have been rated. Can you see it anywhere?

it's in the drop down icon for Messages/Visitors/Ratings. When you go into ratings it will default to the people you rated. Should be a tab for people that rated you as well as a little box that says x amount of people rated you 4-5 stars. You have to pay for A-list to see the people that rate you highly. Although sometimes I get an email that says so and so rated me 4-5 stars and I don't pay for A-List, so who knows.

Maddocks

I believe you only get a email when a person is using the quick search and rated you 4-5 stars. If they rated you while doing a normal search(match%, friend%) it will remain hidden unless you pay.

Puddles

Banned
I'm pretty sure that I listed fitness as being extremely important (or even mandatory), but I'm still getting overweight chicks in my top matches section. I think this algorithm needs some work.

Necrovex

I'm pretty sure that I listed fitness as being extremely important (or even mandatory), but I'm still getting overweight chicks in my top matches section. I think this algorithm needs some work.

Maybe they work out, but they eat triple the necessary calories!

Loona

Tess3ract.
when you mention stuff like completing project and achieving stuff you put your mind into, it might help to give an example or two so it won't sound like hot air, and it might get the attention of someone interested in the same things.

They're probably the ones that didn't fill that section, I've seen it happen with other categories, at least when using the regular Search options in the Match screen.

Tess3ract

Banned
Tess3ract.
when you mention stuff like completing project and achieving stuff you put your mind into, it might help to give an example or two so it won't sound like hot air, and it might get the attention of someone interested in the same things.

They're probably the ones that didn't fill that section, I've seen it happen with other categories, at least when using the regular Search options in the Match screen.
How would I word that if my hobbies w/r/t projects tend to be mechanics/electronics related without sounding boring? It'd be like reciting calculus formulas in my profile

Back on OKC and just having some fun fucking around with some of the girls. Not sending anything malicious, but just not giving a shit so much about being cordial and faux-interested in their interests.

Puddles

Banned
I literally have no idea what to write for "The first thing people usually notice about me..."

I don't have any super distinguishing features. I'm average height, brown hair, brown eyes, etc.

For some reason I've been running counter to the statistics, and not the way I want. The majority of my messages are from white girls while I'm mostly attracted to black/hispanic. In fact, the only hits I get from black/hispanic girls are ones that are way out of shape or that have little bundle of joys already. Not sure what to do. I might have to throw on a gold chain or something.
Das Racist

Edit: Talking PoF. Not sure about OkCupid.

TL4E

That happened to me when I first joined okc. I think it has something to do with how attractive OKC deems you as well. When I received the "you're hot" email they started showing more in shape/attractive girls.

(apparently, OKC hides ugly people from pretty people and vice versa).

Have you tried simple flattery instead? Just a simple... "you have beautiful eyes ;)" or "helllo miss sexy glasses". Doesn't have to be particularly clever or funny. Got the ball rolling with me a few times.

I noticed my response rate is the same whether I write a thoughtful paragraph or a single generic sentence.

Which leads me to conclude it's mostly based on looks.

border

I noticed my response rate is the same whether I write a thoughtful paragraph or a single generic sentence.

Which leads me to conclude it's mostly based on looks.

I still kinda believe in the "write a thoughtful first letter" advice that people give, but I am also still inclined to say that response rate hinges on your looks regardless of what sort of introduction letter you write. I don't get many messages out of the blue, but even when I do my first impulse is to check the correspondant's personal photos.....and if I don't like what I see it really doesn't matter whether they just said "Hey what's up?" or if they wrote something to appeal to my specific personality and interests. I suspect women behave much the same way.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why are you guys artificially bumping up ratings...does it actually do something? Do you get featured more often in the feed or something?

Just had an interesting Convo with the girl who gave me her number earlier. Everything was awesome till she started calling white people crackers and basically went on a racist rant about the white devil and called me all kinds of shit for saying you can't judge a race as a whole. Mind you me and her are both mexican.It ended with her telling me to fuck off and hanging up on me. Some people...

I'll rate you all with my fake account (for anonymous profile visiting)...as soon as I remember the password.

Meanwhile I got rated 4-5 by:

Man, I hope it's not a scam :|

/oh, I felt ok posting this because reverse-search didn't work. I'll remove it if it's against the tos or something.

Gotdamn.

I still haven't gotten around to actually messaging anyone yet as I'm currently job hunting and figure it would be good to have some money before doing anything, but have kept an eye out on the site regularly. Since it sounds like that it really does make a difference, I'd appreciate some of the 5 star ratings on my profile also please. Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have some stories to post in here eventually.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/geosein

Ovid

For some reason I've been running counter to the statistics, and not the way I want. The majority of my messages are from white girls while I'm mostly attracted to black/hispanic. In fact, the only hits I get from black/hispanic girls are ones that are way out of shape or that have little bundle of joys already. Not sure what to do. I might have to throw on a gold chain or something.
Das Racist

Edit: Talking PoF. Not sure about OkCupid.
What race are you?

crush7337

Banned
Well girlfriend broke up with me yesterday. :(

So you may see me in this thread again. Just not sure if I feel like getting back on OKC yet. Feel like I need a few weeks to recover before I get back into dating. Got more attached to this girl than anyone I dated before, even if it was only for 3 months.

equap

Banned

That's it!

i did this too and i don't give a fuck!!!

Loona

A generic message for a visitor without a message. Hmmm....that's a great idea.

Would be greater if most of the spontaneous ones I get weren't from other countries - and oddly, sometimes with some pretty discouraging match stats to boot, like the ones I got from this girl from Tunisia that checked me twice or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom