• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird in a good way or weird in a bad way?

I dunno, it's like it seemed too easy at first to get a date then she went awol for about five days (but she does work out of town and I guess had a busy last weekend) then now she wants to meet again. Just something about this is triggering my spidey sense. Meh.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yeah, it's been a whole day since I last contacted this chick I was supposed to have a date with yesterday. Guess I officially blew it. :(

This probably goes without saying, but Perspicacity, don't flake on her!

Ovid

Yeah, it's been a whole day since I last contacted this chick I was supposed to have a date with yesterday. Guess I officially blew it. :(

This probably goes without saying, but Perspicacity, don't flake on her!

Ugh, why did you wait so long?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ugh, why did you wait so long?

Well, no. What actually happened was that we had a date for 12 yesterday. Unfortunately, for whatever stupid reason, my alarm didn't go off, and I woke up at 11:30. She lives far as hell, and I have no car, and the buses run horrendously on holidays so I had to tell her I couldn't make it. I did tell her that we could meet later in the afternoon, to which she said he had "other plans".

After that I contacted her again in a few hours to ask when she'd be free to try again, and she hasn't gotten back to me. :(

Ovid

Well, no. What actually happened was that we had a date for 12 yesterday. Unfortunately, for whatever stupid reason, my alarm didn't go off, and I woke up at 11:30. She lives far as hell, and I have no car, and the buses run horrendously on holidays so I had to tell her I couldn't make it. I did tell her that we could meet later in the afternoon, to which she said he had "other plans".

After that I contacted her again in a few hours to ask when she'd be free to try again, and she hasn't gotten back to me. :(
You done goofed.

I'd say keep your head up though, she might give you another chance.

Necrovex

A happy post

Combine was banned (I believe it was a perma-ban), since he came back after his year ban and started to complain how his life blew and was utter garbage. I believe Evilore had enough and finally gave him the boot.

Hell, I still remember the OG dating thread. I cannot believe it has been about two-to-three years since that thread was created. I have come so far since those dark days. Before Gaf came along, I had ZERO dates coming my way, and I was a mess when it came to women; I was a shy horrified bastard. Then, I placed myself in Gaf's hand, and I was utterly changed by its magical properties.

I am a far healthier human being now, Gaf convinced me to work out, eat healthier, become open-minded about certain subjects, confidence, and I have gone out on a lot of dates. Since I started to participate in the dating thread, I have probably gone out with more than ten women. It wouldn't be possible without Gaf.

I also have met a lot of good friends on Gaf.

Xun

I would've said sooner, but it's a very busy week this week.

Out tomorrow evening for my birthday, friday I'm out with my family for my birthday, and saturday I'm out with some old college friends.

Next week made more sense, otherwise I would've done it earlier.

I sent it already anyway, ah well. I'm sure it'll be fine.
She's messaged back! I'll respond tomorrow morning:

I've seen the teaser trailer if that's what you mean- if there's a website you must send it to me! A while back I heard they were going to make a Monsters Inc 2- and focus the story on a grown up Boo. So glad they didn't go down that avenue!

TV runner sounds alright! At least you're in the creative industry and can get some experience! Woo.

I know Ravensbourne- and heard mixed reviews too. How did your 'guy' get away with not teaching you!? That's so silly. I'm at Goldsmiths- so not too far from Greenwich actually. Although Greenwich as I'm sure you would agree, is generally a lot nicer than New Cross. Ick.

Oo, I'd stay in Lithuania as long as possible- free lodging!
America aye? Some kind of road trip in mind?

Coffee sounds good- I might be free Wednesday lunch time if that suits?

Amber x

And hey- do you have a website or something? Would like to see your animations if they're up anywhere :)
This could very well be the first date with anyone from OkCupid.

In some ways it would also be one of my first ever dates.

No real changes for me. I've been talking to two girls and both conversations seem to be going nowhere so I might end up bailing.

Beyond that, same old, same old. Everyone else is "too far", or rather, I'm too far from them since I don't live in the same town and the ladies don't seem to want to travel more than a few miles to find someone. But what can you do, I guess. Just have to keep punching away.

8byte

Banned
I signed up for the site on a whim, just fooling around since I've been single for 3 weeks.

I run across this girl who intrigues me a lot. We had similar taste in movies, music, and TV shows. We've been messaging back and forth for about 5 days or so now. Asked if she wanted to grab coffee sometime and she said sure.

I'm excited.

Movement

Just got home from a date. We talked for about two hours and got good vibes from her. After getting home, she sent me a text saying "thanks for hanging out, I had a good time". Do you guys think it's strange she worded hanging out vs going out?

Ashhong

It is a little strange. Girls know exactly what they're doing so I would assume it was intentional. Set up a new date ASAP.

Make sure you use the word date. Like, "My pleasure. I look forward to our next date, how is (insert day)?"

Superman00

Liverpool01
Finally went on a date with a girl from POF. She didn't look bad from her pictures. But I should have guess what was up since none of them really has her body. She is nice enough, but she has like 50+ lbs on me and I'm 140+. Oh well, just gotta keep playing the game.

Marz

Finally went on a date with a girl from POF. She didn't look bad from her pictures. But I should have guess what was up since none of them really has her body. She is nice enough, but she has like 50+ lbs on me and I'm 140+. Oh well, just gotta keep playing the game.

This has happened to me a couple of times. I learned though that usually if it's just face pictures then you can expect that.

They don't have to have pictures of them in bikini's or anything but it would be nice to know what all of them looks like especially when in my pics you can tell exactly how I look

Superman00

Liverpool01
This has happened to me a couple of times. I learned though that usually if it's just face pictures then you can expect that.

They don't have to have pictures of them in bikini's or anything but it would be nice to know what all of them looks like especially when in my pics you can tell exactly how I look

Yeah, on top of that I think they were older pictures, cause her face looks a lot chubbier. I just wanted to give online dating a try since I been bored. But I guess I should stick more with face to face, since I can at least tell up front.

Just got home from a date. We talked for about two hours and got good vibes from her. After getting home, she sent me a text saying "thanks for hanging out, I had a good time". Do you guys think it's strange she worded hanging out vs going out?

If you felt good vibes and good chemistry it's a safe bet you both found it to be a good date. Don't worry yourself with too much post-game analysis.

Hmm... That was a very good date. She didn't come in at the end and we only hugged but we share a ton of the same interests. Large parts of the conversation were geared towards comics, Game of Thrones, and Star Wars. I think there is a good chance we'll see each other again.

Maddocks

I don't know why but when I see in my activity feed..."what is bigger the earth or the sun?" and the answer is "the earth" I want to grab that person and just shake them.

Hmm... That was a very good date. She didn't come in at the end and we only hugged but we share a ton of the same interests. Large parts of the conversation were geared towards comics, Game of Thrones, and Star Wars. I think there is a good chance we'll see each other again.

nice! Keep us updated

I don't know why but when I see in my activity feed..."what is bigger the earth or the sun?" and the answer is "the earth" I want to grab that person and just shake them.

I feel that way about people who say they want to stop people with low IQs from reproducing.

I have a three strike policy, and that answer, along with a few choice racist and other answers, would add a strike.

I feel that way about people who say they want to stop people with low IQs from reproducing.

I have a three strike policy, and that answer, along with a few choice racist and other answers, would add a strike.

You know the question that bugs me more than anything else on that site? Even more than the burning flags or books or homosexuality is a sin questions?

It's the "Do women have a responsibility to keep their legs shaved?" question. Til this day I dont get the girls who mark it down as bad that the guy marks down no.

It's your fucking body FFS - how is it bad that I don't think you should be forced to groom your legs?

It is a little strange. Girls know exactly what they're doing so I would assume it was intentional. Set up a new date ASAP.

Make sure you use the word date. Like, "My pleasure. I look forward to our next date, how is (insert day)?"

Oh how I wish that was true. Though in this case it may well be.

Also 5 starred the new profiles posted.

Lucario

For me it's racists, homeopaths, and astrologists.

Can't do it.
(They also tend to be the same people who think the earth is larger than the sun....)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Can't do it.
(They also tend to be the same people who think the earth is larger than the sun....)
The "Would you strongly prefer to date people of your same race?" question is my deal-breaker. It's probably unfair to immediately get turned off by people who answer yes, and most of the people on OKCupid are white (as am I), but it always bothers me and I really don't understand the sentiment.

Lucario

The "Would you strongly prefer to date people of your same race?" question is my deal-breaker. It's probably unfair to immediately get turned off by people who answer yes, and most of the people on OKCupid are white (as am I), but it always bothers me and I really don't understand the sentiment.
It's also a deal-breaker for me. It's okay to not respond to people who have answers that disgust you.

Loona

About the astrology bit, it's not something I'm into, but years ago I got to meet a girl at the site who was really into it while studying psychology, so I messaged her adking how she reconcilliated those 2 things - that went places.

I was supposed to meet someone today to go pick out furniture, but she messaged some hours earlier postponing for another day since she was feeling a bit sick, let's see how that turns out...

I did 100 questions :lol

Some of them make sense to me and are deal breakers like you guys are talking about, and others make me angry at how they're worded and the answers they have.

crush7337

Banned
Was chatting with this one really cute girl (probably the hottest I've had a conversation with on the site) about Portlandia. Asked her on a date last night be she hasn't responded. I know she's read the message since she viewed my profile. I'll give it until tomorrow. Considering sending her a playful message seeing if I can get her interest again. Nothing to lose by sending it really.

Otherwise I'm attempting to bring back the cheese/peanut butter stuff and see if that still has success.

Marz

Yes. If you view it more than five times they're given a stalker warning.

Nah, you're good. It just updates the most recent time you visited.

Haha that still isn't good, was creeping on this one girls profile at like 2 a.m.....lol oh well.

_Ph03n1x_

Stumbled onto this thread and thought I'd post my profile. Quote to reveal link: Any advice would be appreciated and ratings will also be appreciated. I'm also in the process of going through the profiles posted and rating them as well.

Lucario

Haha that still isn't good, was creeping on this one girls profile at like 2 a.m.....lol oh well.

1-3am is when a -lot- of people come to my profile, and I don't think anything of it. You're fine.

I'm basically a girl.
Good this thread is at the top of the page. Does anyone know what it means if the girl says shes not a fan of "PDA" in her ad?
It means "don't be a clingy fuck".

(Public displays of affection.)

Ask her out, I like her already!

crush7337

Banned
Otherwise I'm attempting to bring back the cheese/peanut butter stuff and see if that still has success.

1 for 1 at getting a reply so far. Glad to see it still works. This girl suggested neither are a good choice though to build a house with and that jello would be better. This may be a fun conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom