• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

I decided to recreate my OkCupid profile. I am creating the content for my profile as I type this. So, I'll eventually post it, acquire some criticism, and hopefully acquire some five-star ratings.

Maddocks

I finally did it, I double messaged a girl. I sent her a message on the 7th and then one again last night. I sent it by accident because I never send a double message, and it didn't tell me I contacted her before till ill I sent the 2nd message. Now we play the....if she ignores me the 2nd time, we burn the site to the ground game.

Mars

Banned
I have been getting so much more attention on here since the rating spike and putting up a new picture of myself. There's this really cute blonde girl that I'm talking to, and another girl that goes to UBC that wants to party with me. Thanks guys :)

Quote to see the link to my profile, I'll 5-star you back. Pretty soon all the highest rated people on OKC will be gaffers soon!

>>><<<

EDIT: I actually keep meaning to ask this: what do you guys think of my profile? Am I painting myself in a good or bad light? I just tried to be honest when I made it.

Got a message a few days ago from a decent looking girl who says she is moving out to my area soon. I reply a few days later and we send a few messages back and forth. Today, we start chatting, and the topic almost instantly turns to sex. She basically wanted to cyber with me. Is this normal? Makes me think that she's actually a dude or a kid or something. Also, she tells me she won't send more pics for a few more days. I'm scared, GAF.

Mars

Banned
Women are kind of dicks w/r/t dating. Then again the pool of cute girls to decent guys is like 1:100

I don't think that's true at all, there are so many cute girls. You probably just are more accepting of male character flaws than female character flaws, which makes you think there are soooo many decent guys.

Maddocks

I have been getting so much more attention on here since the rating spike and putting up a new picture of myself. There's this really cute blonde girl that I'm talking to, and another girl that goes to UBC that wants to party with me. Thanks guys :)

Quote to see the link to my profile, I'll 5-star you back. Pretty soon all the highest rated people on OKC will be gaffers soon

EDIT: I actually keep meaning to ask this: what do you guys think of my profile? Am I painting myself in a good or bad light? I just tried to be honest when I made it.

I rated you. Solid profile, short and to the point. Some might view it as not enough info but I think it's fine if you are getting messages and sending messages.

Ashhong

Got a message a few days ago from a decent looking girl who says she is moving out to my area soon. I reply a few days later and we send a few messages back and forth. Today, we start chatting, and the topic almost instantly turns to sex. She basically wanted to cyber with me. Is this normal? Makes me think that she's actually a dude or a kid or something. Also, she tells me she won't send more pics for a few more days. I'm scared, GAF.

Did she send you any pictures at all? Set up any dates?

Lucario

Quote to see the link to my profile, I'll 5-star you back. Pretty soon all the highest rated people on OKC will be gaffers soon!

>>><<<

If you're getting attention, you're doing fine. Your profile seems good; just the right length, not preachy or clingy (or bitchy, like mine.)

Good job ^.^ It's hard for straight males to get attention on the site, I hear.

Necrovex

All right, my profile prototype is done. I went a little over the top while writing it, but I got three messages so far. Two that were not initiated by me, so something must be working. Anyway, rate and send me some criticism! It's a little fat at the moment, so it could use a trimming.

Quote to see profile.

Maddocks

All right, my profile prototype is done. I went a little over the top while writing it, but I got three messages so far. Two that were not initiated by me, so something must be working. Anyway, rate and send me some criticism! It's a little fat at the moment, so it could use a trimming.

Quote to see profile.

rated. Good profile, shows you know a different language and has jokes.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Quote to see profile.

I liked it and thought it was well written. A bit wordy though, but you already know that. Also gave you 5 stars, good luck man.

Necrovex

rated. Good profile, shows you know a different language and has jokes.

I liked it and thought it was well written. A bit wordy though, but you already know that. Also gave you 5 stars, good luck man.

So you two were my sweethearts on OkCupid. Thanks for checking it out and for the ratings! I treated this profile like I would with a Statement of Purpose, except for a lot of humor and very informal.

Got a date for tomorrow, the girl looks nice, kinda weird that I got a date.

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico, border city with San Diego.

At the moment I'm renovating my visa, so I can't cross.

I was hoping to find someone from Tijuana, but this girl from San Diego ask me for a date, I told her that I can't cross at the moment, and she was like: no problem, I can go to Tijuana.

So tomorrow I have a date, hope I don't have much problems communicating since my English is kinda rusty.

Maddocks

make sure you tell her you have bad kidneys so she doesn't leave you in a bathtub full of ice. Im joking, good luck on the date. no donkey shows!

Got a date for tomorrow, the girl looks nice, kinda weird that I got a date.

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico, border city with San Diego.

At the moment I'm renovating my visa, so I can't cross.

I was hoping to find someone from Tijuana, but this girl from San Diego ask me for a date, I told her that I can't cross at the moment, and she was like: no problem, I can go to Tijuana.

So tomorrow I have a date, hope I don't have much problems communicating since my English is kinda rusty.

Nice work.

Lucario

Quote to see profile.

You made fun of Ayn Rand in your profile too?

Stop copying me >:[

take out the nude model thing so you don't sound too egocentric; girls can tell you're hot from your pics bro. Otherwise perfect.

Necrovex

You made fun of Ayn Rand in your profile too?

Stop copying me >:[

take out the nude model thing so you don't sound too egocentric; girls can tell you're hot from your pics bro. Otherwise perfect.

When I was writing the 1 percent stuff, how could I not poke fun at Rand?!

And I killed off the nude modeling job. If I get far enough with the girl, I can drop the bombshell on her. Plus, I have a fun story to attach with it.

zl9oP.jpg

Women are kind of dicks w/r/t dating. Then again the pool of cute girls to decent guys is like 1:100

Your posts....

You aren't entitled to a woman because you hold the door open for them, are willing to eat pussy, and put the toilet seat down. Those things do not make a woman bound to you like Pokemon or some shit, bro. Maybe you aren't attractive? Perhaps your personality isn't appealing. It's a dick move to blow off women as dicks just because they don't recognize how awesome you are. Maybe you just aren't awesome.

That goes for everyone complaining about not getting a girlfriend, especially online dating pros.

Lucario

Your posts....

You aren't entitled to a woman because you hold the door open for them, are willing to eat pussy, and put the toilet seat down. Those things do not make a woman bound to you like Pokemon or some shit, bro. Maybe you aren't attractive? Perhaps your personality isn't appealing. It's a dick move to blow off women as dicks just because they don't recognize how awesome you are. Maybe you just aren't awesome.

That goes for everyone complaining about not getting a girlfriend, especially online dating pros.

I like you.

However, if I remember correctly, Tess is a girl... so there might not be sexism here. The entitlement points still stand, though.

also, I take mock offense to the Pokemon remark! :p

EDIT: IRC tells me he's not a girl; just a sexist jackass. Carry on.

Tess3ract

Banned
Your posts....

I never said or thought I was entitled to anything. I'm pointing out that for every girl out there, there's 100 other guys who'd like to date that girl. wtf are you going on a tangent for? Women aren't freakin property, the hell.

to elaborate further: it makes sense that when either gender has overwhelming choice, they're not going to be fair. They're going to pick whichever the person thinks is best for them at that time (even if it isn't, but that's not really something anyone can say except maybe in hindsight I guess). That's what I meant by dicks. You can jump to conclusions and misconstrue that as "boo hoo why do gurls not sleep with me" or something, but that's not what I meant. It's hard to show intent through posts compared to conversation.

EDIT: IRC tells me he's not a girl; just a sexist jackass. Carry on.
Yup it's sexist to point out shit, okay.

Edit: I can feel you'll still have an issue and blow it out of proportion even though my comment was well meaning so I'll step out, but I am personally offended with the sexist comment.

crush7337

Banned

>>><<<

I think its good. Short and easy to read through, but you have good pictures and that's really what matters most.

Quote to see profile.

Being tall and good looking will get you those unsolicited messages. Damn you tall guys! If you're already getting messages then I would say its fine. 5 starred both you guys.

Reminds me of a profile I saw the other day that said "IF YOU THINK OBAMA WON THE LAST DEBATE, DON'T MESSAGE ME"

I laughed and immediately clicked out because I knew exactly where that profile was going.
I checked later and yep, she's a hardcore Tea Partier who thinks the election was a conspiracy.

crush7337

Banned
I have been having some crazy luck after changing up my profile. Sent out 6 messages this weekend so far and have gotten 4 replies, plus another 2 unsolicited messages that I won't reply back to.

Never had this kind of success before. Let's just hope some of these lead to dates though. With the amount of conversations I have going I figure some have to lead to dates, its just a numbers game.

Necrovex

I have been having some crazy luck after changing up my profile. Sent out 6 messages this weekend so far and have gotten 4 replies, plus another 2 unsolicited messages that I won't reply back to.

Never had this kind of success before. Let's just hope some of these lead to dates though. With the amount of conversations I have going I figure some have to lead to dates, its just a numbers game.

It's the Gaf bump. ;-)

And I went ahead and rated the Gaffers who saw my profile.

Got another message from a Whovian girl. Pretty darn cute too.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think I'll re-write my profile, it's been a while. I did finally have someone message me first, and we've been chatting. We'll see where it goes. Most of the women I am finding are 40 minutes away though in another town.

Necrovex

I think I'll re-write my profile, it's been a while. I did finally have someone message me first, and we've been chatting. We'll see where it goes. Most of the women I am finding are 40 minutes away though in another town.

That's an issue I have been having, a lot of girls I find interesting live in another town, which is about 40 minutes away from my little town. So, I'm going to widen my net a little bit when it comes to distance.

ZeroRay

Quote to see profile.

Rated! As the other dude said, only crit is that it's a bit too tl;dr and you know that. You'll do great, judging from your pictures and profile. And if you want to find this particular admirer, I'm the brown one.

_Ph03n1x_

Stumbled onto this thread and thought I'd post my profile. Quote to reveal link: Any advice would be appreciated and ratings will also be appreciated. I'm also in the process of going through the profiles posted and rating them as well.

Just wanted to say thanks for the ratings. I rated everyone back that rated me plus a few from previous pages. Anyone have any critiques for my profile?

Necrovex

Rated! As the other dude said, only crit is that it's a bit too tl;dr and you know that. You'll do great, judging from your pictures and profile. And if you want to find this particular admirer, I'm the brown one.

Thanks for the heads up. I can probably kill around 200 words easily from my profile when I become a stricter editor on it.

I'll rate the new profiles in a bit; make sure to rate back of course :)

Whenever I see someone sees my profile, and it's a guy (or someone far away), I give them five stars. Gotta help my bros out.

Edit: I have started to edit some of my writing to make it shorter. What would you guys say is a good length for a profile?

Xun

She's messaged back! I'll respond tomorrow morning:

This could very well be the first date with anyone from OkCupid.

In some ways it would also be one of my first ever dates.
Gonna have to respond to her tonight.

I will have to say I doubt I can make lunch due to work, so I'll have to try and organise it for the evening if possible.

Reminds me of a profile I saw the other day that said "IF YOU THINK OBAMA WON THE LAST DEBATE, DON'T MESSAGE ME"

I laughed and immediately clicked out because I knew exactly where that profile was going.
I checked later and yep, she's a hardcore Tea Partier who thinks the election was a conspiracy.
Yeah those are the best. I particularly liked the misspelling.

Necrovex

What's up the negative posters coming in here suddenly? No offense but please keep your crap in the dating thread.

This isn't out of the ordinary, this type of negative discussion does happen once in a while on this thread.

It can't all be about us bros supporting each other, giving constructive criticism, and giving each other five stars rating on our profiles.

Xun

Gonna have to respond to her tonight.

I will have to say I doubt I can make lunch due to work, so I'll have to try and organise it for the evening if possible.
How's this response?

Definitely agree! A story based on a grown up Boo wouldn't have worked that well, so it is good they went a different route! Oh and the website can be found here:

http://monstersuniversity.com/edu/

Lots of good gems on it!

Yeah the job isn't too bad, I just wish I was doing something more creative. But that'll come soon I'm sure!

Free lodging? Very nice! As for when I travel America, it'll definitely a road trip. ;) Music, sun, the open road, I'd be living the dream!

Wednesday lunch is fine with me! The only problem is due to work I will be limited to being in the central London area if that's cool?

Also I don't have much on my website aside from my old showreel, so I've really got to update it! :p

Website link will be added here

Ashhong

This isn't out of the ordinary, this type of negative discussion does happen once in a while on this thread.

It can't all be about us bros supporting each other, giving constructive criticism, and giving each other five stars rating on our profiles.

Sure it can, if they stay out and in their crappy judgmental dating age thread.

crush7337

Banned
How's this response?

Looks good Xun. Don't worry too much, she already agreed to the coffee date so she's into you. You just mostly have to worry about keeping her attention during the date now.

The lunch date works well also for the first date. If you find out you two don't really work out you have an easy excuse to end the date and go back to work. If it goes great, then tell her you want to spend more time getting to know her and set up another date for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom