• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
I've been getting plenty of messages and visits from cute girls lately, but I'm sort of dating someone else right now (who I met in the real life. Egads!).

I'll probably end up deleting my profile in the coming months, but it's a pretty fun site and I now understand why a lot of girls in their profile say "please send me more than just 'Hi there!' If you're going to message me." I get lots of "Hi there :]" messages, and I'm never inclined to answer those.

Prologue

I've been getting plenty of messages and visits from cute girls lately, but I'm sort of dating someone else right now (who I met in the real life. Egads!).

I'll probably end up deleting my profile in the coming months, but it's a pretty fun site and I now understand why a lot of girls in their profile say "please send me more than just 'Hi there!' If you're going to message me." I get lots of "Hi there :]" messages, and I'm never inclined to answer those.

If you're just dating this girl, theres no harm in following through with the messages. If anything, they might make you appreciate this girl more.

zethren

Banned
If you're just dating this girl, theres no harm in following through with the messages. If anything, they might make you appreciate this girl more.

Oh I am answering a good deal of the messages I get. The only ones I don't answer are the "hi there" messages where that's literally all they wrote. Lol

I meant I will probably delete my profile in the coming months if things keep going well with my current situation.

dralla

I do love this site sometimes when it gives me very cute redheads to fail at. My biggest weakness on the site is that ill message any and all redheads.

I just came across this girl who near me who sounds like your type, she even has a pic of her dressed up as christina hendricks from Mad Men, mother of god, it's glorious

Necrovex

I used to get this a lot from people during my first time on Okcupid. It got annoying real quickly.

And stop it, we don't meet people in RL, we only meet them through OKC or Gaf.

I just came across this girl who near me who sounds like your type, she even has a pic of her dressed up as christina hendricks from Mad Men, mother of god, it's glorious

Tampa needs more redheads. There is a seriously lack of women in that department.

zlatko

Banned
Better quality photos, photos of you with other people in social settings, no self-deprecating humor in your profile, emphasis on what you bring to the table as an interesting and valuable person.

Can we use our post count on NeoGAF to woo them?

dangeROSS

Better quality photos, photos of you with other people in social settings, no self-deprecating humor in your profile, emphasis on what you bring to the table as an interesting and valuable person.

Thanks for the input. I'll play around with things on there a bit more. Much appreciated!

Some of you guys should consider answering more questions on that site even if they seem asinine. It would boost your match percentage with others since there would be more questions to match up. Not everyone answers the same things. I went crazy and answered something like 600.

I just found someone on OKC who knows me from high school. It's the weirdest feeling in the world, I'll tell you guys that. O.O

It's even weirder because I thought she was engaged last time I'd heard anything about her.

crush7337

Banned
Some of you guys should consider answering more questions on that site even if they seem asinine. It would boost your match percentage with others since there would be more questions to match up. Not everyone answers the same things. I went crazy and answered something like 600.

I used to have something like 200 questions answered on the site. I met my ex and while we were chatting on the site I would just start answering the questions she had answered and got up to around 400. Got a lot more 90% matches after doing that.

Maddocks

Dream come true, I don't know what it is, I was never a red head fan but for some reason I'm all over em on the site and the site gives me plenty to look at lol

Questions.....2132 answered baby, and my highest match is still 99.76, get me dat 100% but after answering 2k+ they get more and more silly.

Loona

Does it ever happen for any of you for someone to reply to a message but not visit your profile? Seems odd, although I think this girl did ages ago while I was seeing someone and wasn't using the site...

KlotePino

Got a response to all three of my last messages, I was probably doing it wrong by being too forward. I keep forgetting some of these girls turn to this site and are shy and don't respond well to being asked to get drinks sometime without having chatted more first. It would make things so much easier though...These messages are moving at such a slow pace, They all check their OKC once a day or so and the messages are so fluffy, we could get this shit out of the way in 5 minutes if we met up in real life and I'm just not the best at making impressions in messages.

EDIT: Just creeped all 3 profiles and they've all been on today but haven't responded yet :(, maybe my streak isn't as hot as I thought.

Maddocks

I wouldnt worry about it, I'm getting messages back from girls now when I sent them messages on the 7-8-9th of November. Some girls just read your opening message and say they will get back to it and forget for a month lol

Lucario

Heh, we have a 91% match. And you are so adorable!!!! A gay man would be in love with your appearance.

^_________^ Thanks!

It's been going pretty well for me so far.
Except the guy I'm dating now is teasing me a bit, and it's makin' me a little sad

Heh, we have a 91% match. And you are so adorable!!!! A gay man would be in love with your appearance.

lol I was thinking the same. He has good pictures, too, showing off a plethora of interesting activities, so he has plenty of good hooks, too.

I actually want to take some new pictures of myself, since I don't have any pics except of me taking pics of myself or posing at a party.

Necrovex

Got a response to all three of my last messages, I was probably doing it wrong by being too forward. I keep forgetting some of these girls turn to this site and are shy and don't respond well to being asked to get drinks sometime without having chatted more first. It would make things so much easier though...These messages are moving at such a slow pace, They all check their OKC once a day or so and the messages are so fluffy, we could get this shit out of the way in 5 minutes if we met up in real life and I'm just not the best at making impressions in messages.

EDIT: Just creeped all 3 profiles and they've all been on today but haven't responded yet :(, maybe my streak isn't as hot as I thought.

Don't be too worried about not having an instant response. If I have a busy day ahead of me, I'll log in to see if I had any activity during the night, and then reply to any messages later. Like today, I checked the site at 8 a.m., and I finally have the chance to actually reply back to people. People are busy, if it has been more than 48 hours, then there is probably an issue.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hopping on the critique-train, if you don't mind please have a look at my profile.

Quote for the URL:

Looks pretty good. I would probably add more than one sentence to the what I'm doing with my life section.

Also, in the looking for section I would probably drop casual sex, even if it is what you're looking for.

Maddocks

Just for fun, here's my profile. But like I said, I may be deleting it shortly:

Quote for the URL:

rated. Nice profile, everything is nice and tight and things are bolded for faster eye travel, I should steal that lol And the jean jacket can work all year around! haterz be dammed.

zethren

Banned
rated. Nice profile, everything is nice and tight and things are bolded for faster eye travel, I should steal that lol And the jean jacket can work all year around! haterz be dammed.

Thanks man. :)

Steal away if it helps your profile.

Funny thing is that's my friend's jacket, right? He lent it to me for that very party. Well, he texts me a few days ago to tell me that the jacket likely won't fit him anymore due to his shoulders having gotten larger over the past few weeks. I pretty much responded saying "you can't do this to me...I won't wear this thing under any other circumstances..." haha

Can't stand jean jackets. He rocks it, I don't feel comfortable in them. But alas.

RayStorm

Looks pretty good. I would probably add more than one sentence to the what I'm doing with my life section.

Also, in the looking for section I would probably drop casual sex, even if it is what you're looking for.

Thank you.

If only I had anything more to write about what I'm doing with my life. I might be able to expand on the "non conformation" thing a bit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This is not really about OKC since its another dating website that i use, but might as well say it in the biggest dating website thread.

So.. what's with girls in their late twenties who can't even bother to reply to my messages, even just to say "sorry not interested"? I always send them a message saying i liked what i saw in their profile, that we have some common interests like this and that... i've sent this to at least 7-8 girls in the past few days, and they've all read my messages... but never replied back!

I'm starting to think that I shouldn't bother with these dating websites anymore.

This is not really about OKC since its another dating website that i use, but might as well say it in the biggest dating website thread.

So.. what's with girls in their late twenties who can't even bother to reply to my messages, even just to say "sorry not interested"? I always send them a message saying i liked what i saw in their profile, that we have some common interests like this and that... i've sent this to at least 7-8 girls in the past few days, and they've all read my messages... but never replied back!

I'm starting to think that I shouldn't bother with these dating websites anymore.

Depending on their interactions they've decided to just ignore the messages rather than reply back. From what I've seen as a mod, I don't blame them. This was sent after someone rejected someone, while I found it comical given how it was worded, they can be much much worse:

38IPh.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Depending on their interactions they've decided to just ignore the messages rather than reply back. From what I've seen as a mod, I don't blame them. This was sent after someone rejected someone, while I found it comical given how it was worded, they can be much much worse:

38IPh.jpg

Yes, but my messages always give the feeling that i'm someone nice and respectful that really wants to know more about them, i don't think they're scared of me replying in harsh words or something.

I dunno... everytime i send a message now, i just expect that she's gonna read it and not reply. If I do get a reply someday, it will be a fucking miracle.

I think it might have something to do with my profile since i said i'm not really a sports fan or a bar/disco kind of guy. Maybe all these girls are looking for a guy who likes this kind of thing.

Yes, but my messages always give the feeling that i'm someone nice and respectful that really wants to know more about them, i don't think they're scared of me replying in harsh words or something.

I dunno... everytime i send a message now, i just expect that she's gonna read it and not reply. If I do get a reply someday, it will be a fucking miracle.

The messages can start nice, then when you reject them the mean comes out. That's the point. Don't take it too personally.

Maddocks

because more times then not guys who get rejected usually don't say "thanks for being upfront." they go on the attack calling them whores, bitches, cunts. When Im rejected I usually say "thanks and bye."But for every thanks for the heads up im sure they get 5 "youz a bitch" messages.

Shouldn't take it personally, It sucks knowing you put your mind to a message and didn't just copy and paste it and it gets tossed in the trash.

Lucario

38IPh.jpg

This. If I'm not interested in a message, I'll almost always visit their profile and send nothing back. "sorry, not interested" almost always causes more unwanted responses.

My desire to politely let people down is easily outweighed by my fear of people reacting poorly to rejection. I have an ego of cracked glass, and a "whatever you're fat anyways," not at all uncommon on OK cupid, can really hurt.

Tess3ract

Banned
I found that I should answer as little as possible because my match percentage just keeps going down haha

It's probably because the answers I put are things like "do you support gay marriage? Yes? how do you weight this answer, Mandatory? Okay." Or ones like "is the world flat or round?" as mandatory

I found that I should answer as little as possible because my match percentage just keeps going down haha

It's probably because the answers I put are things like "do you support gay marriage? Yes? how do you weight this answer, Mandatory? Okay." Or ones like "is the world flat or round?" as mandatory

Yeah, if I was not trying to lower the possible field I'd probably not answer mandatory on anything even though I'd consider some of the answers important.

Ashodin

I guess? Another quick update from me?

She's totally my girlfriend and she loves the hell out of me. And I love the hell out of her too.

I think I finally found the one, guys.

Maddocks

I answered more questions to try and lower a match I had, it made it worse. The more I answered the higher and higher the match and friend % went up and enemy % would go down. According to the site, shes my soul mate.

I did message her, but got ignored. If a 99% match ignored me, then damn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom