• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

guitar, curly hair, swag shirt. 10/10 would rate again

I tossed you a shiny 5/5. I dug your profile. Some good pictures, your profile seems a little sparse though. I would recommend adding some more meat to it. At the moment, I only know you dig music, you're an animator, and you play the guitar.

Rated. You should come to the States or any other country, for that matter.
Play the whole, British Rocker angle

It would work.

So goddamn well. He has no idea.

Wow you're right, he does kind of look like Michael Fassbender.

5/5

btw I could use some critiques and ratings too.

Quote for the link.

Speaking as a straight guy you totally #cangetit
Thanks guys! I'll definitely try and put more information onto my profile.

Oh and I am generally curious as to how things would be in America, because over here being able to play the guitar hasn't done anything for me (although granted I'm not gigging yet).

Also not really sure what to suggest GeneralIroh, but I think your profile looks pretty solid personally!

Devo, rate me. I need to know how horrible uninteresting I am.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ComicConGuy42

Ditch the second pic.

Oh and I am generally curious as to how things would be in America, because over here being able to play the guitar hasn't done anything for me (although granted I'm not gigging yet).

Also not really sure what to suggest GeneralIroh, but I think your profile looks pretty solid personally!

Gigging over here would definitely get you some cool indie scene chicks.

Loona

Hmm - Devo, if you still have the patience for critiques (there's probably no point in getting votes in an area like this with few people in it, I think I already see everyone...), I'm all ears - usual "quote to see":

I just went through the last 2 pages to check other profiles out/do the rating thing. They all seem pretty solid; I got a few ideas out of them. (Think the garfield line was the best)

Been exchanging long paragraphs with this really cute girl over the past couple of days. It's been especially surprising because my first message was just complimenting her on her smile and I didn't expect anything back. Normally I would have sent a message asking to meet up by now, but I'm not even sweating it. She's listed as only looking for friends, so it actually takes a lot of the stress out of wanting to invite her to meet up for me. As far as I'm concerned she's just someone to chat with online at the moment.

dang this thing is actually pretty tight. lot's of cuties that are pretty rad. i wanna sex em all haha let's be honest here, but also uh intellectually too. i thought dating sites were like super creep and bot domains but this is seemingly the opposite

yea definitely. i'm just saying in comparison to other ones where hotbab3dtf69 and her harem of virgins who happen to live next door messages you one second after registering type of thing.

Maddocks

it was like my profile reverted back to 3 star status lol or I exhausted all 4-5 star avenues and now all they can show me the 3 star girls.

kiryogi

Banned
Sorta funny, I got a mod invite too.

I'll ask one more time but more direct. Devo and fellow gaffers give me your worse!

If you guys see someone with an incomplete profile checking you out, it's actually just me. I figured I'd throw myself out there and might as well give this a try. Probably less dangerous than what I attempted before. So don't mind me if you see some guy without much written looking through.

Seth C

Having awful luck. Probably sent 100 or so messages and less then half even viewed my profile.

Well I'm pretty sure I gave you 5 stars, so you're well on your way.

Hmm... I sort of feel like there is a way that you should gracefully mention you're a viral video star.
EDIT: Without exploiting it of course, this is a tough one

I mentioned that I accidentally started a non-profit and suggested that people ask about that, but seriously so far only two have even bothered (went out for drinks with one of them).

I mentioned that I accidentally started a non-profit and suggested that people ask about that, but seriously so far only two have even bothered (went out for drinks with one of them).

Yeah I noticed that but it's almost a little too subtle... I'll think of a way I'd phrase it and get back to you.

Maddocks

Hmm - Devo, if you still have the patience for critiques (there's probably no point in getting votes in an area like this with few people in it, I think I already see everyone...), I'm all ears - usual "quote to see":

Best pic is facial hair pic, consider taking more of those =p. "To beard or not to beard?" Beard.

I think my profile might be hindering me a little bit. Would you guys have a look and tell me what you think? (Quote for link)

Your "I'm really good at" has a nice ending to it, "cartwheels", more guys should try stuff like that. It's humorous and kind of a reward for reading all the way through. More pics though =p.

Sorta funny, I got a mod invite too.

I'll ask one more time but more direct. Devo and fellow gaffers give me your worse!

More pics. Needs more of a glimpse into your personality. A lot of you guys tell but don't show. Don't mean to just put you on the spot for it, but it's one thing to say A or B and also come across in a certain manner. You can see my or TD's okc's for examples really. Personality type just kind of shines through. Not trying to boast or anything but we both get messages about the jokes/humor/sarcasm/references in our profiles. And they're both quite different.

Hey guys. Feel free to give me ratings so I can be special and see the pretty girls.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MjolnirSeth

See above about the personality thing otherwise I think your answers are fine.

As an aside: One thing I'll never understand with this shit is how someone can get a higher match % than friendship %. What.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
If you guys and gals are giving feedback on profiles, I'd be interested in hearing suggestions to improve mine. http://www.okcupid.com/profile/eggoinabox I posted it before but didn't get much feedback. I'm debating whether to shorten my answers or not. Anyone think it's too wordy? I could flesh it out and write more, but I think less is more to a certain degree.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I don't understand the metrics at all, I'm a 70% match with someone who I am 0% friends with.

One girl I was talking to was 91% match 19% Friend, not sure I understand.

Also, do you guys respond back to messages even if you aren't interested? Sometimes I feel like a jerk ignoring them, other times I'll send a message back saying thanks for the comments but I'm not interested. I think I've only had one or two I flat out just didn't respond to.

equap

Banned
So i just msg'd 4 girls and was feeling good about it. but now i remember nobody is going to reply...just like all the other times before. :(

Hey Devolution. What changes should I make with my profile and pics?

I just went through the last 2 pages to check other profiles out/do the rating thing. They all seem pretty solid; I got a few ideas out of them. (Think the garfield line was the best)

Thanks for the critque and rating brah. I made some small adjustments based on your recommendations. You seem to have a lot going for you though. I need to take more out going and adventurous pics.

I'm surprised you're not getting luck with your guitar. Most of my female friends always mention being attracted to someone with musical talent. I was thinking of taking pictures of me holding a dog or guitar but then it would be too fake for me.

Oh, man.
There's a cute girl with a 92% match and a great profile.
She seems to like Pink Floyd a good bit so I asked her what her favorite album was.
Hope she says Meddle.
Seriously, how sick would that be?

If you guys and gals are giving feedback on profiles, I'd be interested in hearing suggestions to improve mine. http://www.okcupid.com/profile/eggoinabox I posted it before but didn't get much feedback. I'm debating whether to shorten my answers or not. Anyone think it's too wordy? I could flesh it out and write more, but I think less is more to a certain degree.

I'd consider fleshing out the story in your self-summary. It's cool but I feel like it could be written better. Also the second pic in your profile is a no-no =p.

Hey Devolution. What changes should I make with my profile and pics?

I missed the link you posted earlier. Can you post/quote hide it again?

any tips/advice on my profile? I know I am weak on the pics side of things.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/JoelJD14

Self-summary is huge. Consider putting a bunch of that in the following categories. Answer more questions. We got issues =x.

Also I forgot to tell Ashhong something. I listen to TATW episodes all of the time. Hell I am right now. =o.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Critique is welcome, I seem to have trouble with balancing serious with funny on my profile, as a consequence I sway drastically towards one or the other. Also, how are my pics? I know I should have one of me in the wild, but my friends dont really take pics, I might have to stage a game of pool or bowling.

Quote to see me.

Maddocks

Critique is welcome, I seem to have trouble with balancing serious with funny on my profile, as a consequence I sway drastically towards one or the other. Also, how are my pics? I know I should have one of me in the wild, but my friends dont really take pics, I might have to stage a game of pool or bowling.

Quote to see me.

rated ya. I can totally see why you said it shifts. Some of it sounds like you are under FBI watch lol I get the joke, but as a person who is flying by the seat of her pants, she might miss it.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
rated ya. I can totally see why you said it shifts. Some of it sounds like you are under FBI watch lol I get the joke, but as a person who is flying by the seat of her pants, she might miss it.

Rated you and the gaffer who visited me earlier back.

Keikaku

Cross-posting from the LadyGAF Advice thread but I could use some more eyes on this. BladeWorker gave me a bunch of good advice on my old profile, so I re-did most of it and gave it more "flavor".

Let me know what you think. Quote for link, as usual :)

DrBo42

Decided I'm going to try to get into beautiful people, wish me luck.

Like this?
tumblr_lzdd8tnGa51qeqd52o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom