• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Man, so there's this other girl I'm talking to that wanted to talk online and I told her I'm wrapping up @ work... then she said I could call her too. This is before names or anything, are these red flags. lol

Man, so there's this other girl I'm talking to that wanted to talk online and I told her I'm wrapping up @ work... then she said I could call her too. This is before names or anything, are these red flags. lol

Why not call her and feel it out?? If she asks to meet ASAP, then you run

Critique is welcome, I seem to have trouble with balancing serious with funny on my profile, as a consequence I sway drastically towards one or the other. Also, how are my pics? I know I should have one of me in the wild, but my friends dont really take pics, I might have to stage a game of pool or bowling.

Quote to see me.

More variety of pics.

Cross-posting from the LadyGAF Advice thread but I could use some more eyes on this. BladeWorker gave me a bunch of good advice on my old profile, so I re-did most of it and gave it more "flavor".

Let me know what you think. Quote for link, as usual :)

Get a pic of yourself cookin' korean bbq and you'll be all set.

Well if more advice is going around, may I get more input? :3

Profile in the quote.

I'd expand a bit if I were you. Write a bit more. Just listing stuff gives no insight to the kind of person you are.

Ashhong

I love getting to check out all of these hot guys.

Keep posting your profiles, gents.

8WpQE.gif

Holy shit this is disturbing lol

Konosuke

I've just checked most of the profiles. I feel that we all need more activity pics, I mean, a standard profile has face pics, and we have to stand out right?
But all of the profiles are so fleshed out, it's definitely a source of inspiration for me.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Huh, just got a message that I'm now a moderator for OkCupid.

Edit:

Also, so far it looks like I'll be joining beautiful people!

8byte

Banned
Someone messaged me, and this was in their profile. Clearly a typo, but made me laugh my ass off.

While I'm a full time office manager, I do photography part time, and my specialty is BBW's.

here's mine, i'd appreciate any whatevers

prof

k guys i think i basically 'met' the fucking most damn perfect girl haha idk how else to explain it. as in, ok, not met, i just saw her profile. but fuck. just take my word on this one. but... her message box is full. what do i do. do i pay a doll hair ? i'd feel so weird if i did that

Let me ask you guys. What cities do you live in? I'm in NYC and just going by the thumb nails, I see a lot of pretty good looking women in my area. I didn't click to enlarge though. I just browsed through for shits and giggles.

Maddocks

Would appreciate a rate! Will do the same as well.

here's mine, i'd appreciate any whatevers

prof

k guys i think i basically 'met' the fucking most damn perfect girl haha idk how else to explain it. as in, ok, not met, i just saw her profile. but fuck. just take my word on this one. but... her message box is full. what do i do. do i pay a doll hair ? i'd feel so weird if i did that

rated you both.

Let me ask you guys. What cities do you live in? I'm in NYC and just going by the thumb nails, I see a lot of pretty good looking women in my area. I didn't click to enlarge though. I just browsed through for shits and giggles.

NYC as well. I think the women are fine, but that might just be my personal taste.

Also, I got a message back from a girl I wrote about a week ago. She said she thought she'd replied, but something must've fucked up. Then she proceeded to say she really wanted to talk more, and called me "fucking awesome". Needless to say, pretty fucking hyped right now.

dralla

ugh, so I'm talking to this girl via text and we get along well, we like each other for sure, but for some reason she's really hesitant to meet up in person, I dunno what to do, I don't wanna just sit here and wait around but I do like her. It's been like 5 days? since we started texting. Usually I set something up within 1 day of texting, hmm

ugh, so I'm talking to this girl via text and we get along well, we like each other for sure, but for some reason she's really hesitant to meet up in person, I dunno what to do, I don't wanna just sit here and wait around but I do like her. It's been like 5 days? since we started texting. Usually I set something up within 1 day of texting, hmm

This is just from a guy's perspective but I probably wouldn't want to meet someone after just 5 days of chatting unless we REALLY hit it off.

dralla

Isn't the whole point of the site to meet people though? I've met quite a few people just after 1 day of messaging. I'd much rather get to know someone in person than texting, that's why I've been purposely avoiding he more serious conversations. I'm gonna keep talking to her for sure since we do get along and seem to like each other, I just hope it's soon!

Maddocks

yup, you want to get offsite and off phone as fast as possible. So one day is fine. not like shes going to harvest your organs, unless she wants to hang out in Mexico as a first date.

Laekon

This is just from a guy's perspective but I probably wouldn't want to meet someone after just 5 days of chatting unless we REALLY hit it off.
Why do you want to put it off? One of the things I don't like about online dating is that you can have a great feeling about someone texting and chatting for weeks and then realize you don't really click after 20 minutes in person.

mjc

In my experience, the sooner both parties agree to meet up the better. Some people don't like divulging their life stories online so they just use it as a springboard. Plus you gotta know if you connect in person..otherwise it's all for naught.

As an aside, I've got a coffee date tomorrow morning. It's my first one in about two months, (had a very short relationship since the last one) so I'm making sure I have all my ducks in a row. I'm a bit nervous but that's pretty normal.

Konosuke

Ugh, it's such a bad feeling when you see that a person you were having a nice talk with just deletes her profile out of the blue. It's happened to me like 3 times already.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Do you guys bother sending a 2nd message to someone you know have read your profile and 1st message? Even if it's a good idea, I have no idea what I should say. "Hey, y u no reply to me?" :lol

Do you guys bother sending a 2nd message to someone you know have read your profile and 1st message? Even if it's a good idea, I have no idea what I should say. "Hey, y u no reply to me?" :lol

If you know they read your profile and you sent them a message then it's more than likely that they're not interested is how I feel :\

Maddocks

yeah, I didn't get it also.

for the first time in a long time im actually nervous about a message. This one I want a reply and hope she actually does. I feel we would be so eye to eye on many things. First time I actually feel like if it fails, ill bail on the site. But I probably won't, because I need my okc brothers and sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom