• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone messaged someone who's higher percentage in their enemy zone? I just found this girl that's 83% my enemy and 1% friend. I feel really compelled to message her for shits and giggles. Plus I read her profile and she actually doesn't seem that bad.

Necrovex

Alright, in a conversation with a girl about music and shows, how do I transition to some real meaty topics?

Ask her if she loves Hatsune Miku and if not, convert her to the righteous side,
the dark side.

I guarantee you the moment you show her a Miku video, you'll get into her pants.

crush7337

Banned
About 8 messages back and forth covering the past week, ask her if she's interested in meeting and no response.

Don't even know why you're keeping up the conversation on a dating website if you have no interest in meeting the person or wanting to get to know them better.

At least I have another date set up later in the week, although I'm not sure how interested I am in her.

GabDX

Banned
Have any of you guys got embarrassed at the thought of having some one you know see your profile on these sites? I feel like this would bite me in the ass some how, somewhere down the road.

My supervisor at work is on there. Fortunately she's looking for guys at least one year older than me so she probably hasn't seen my profile.

beanman25

Found a girl who enjoys running charity events similar to what my family helps with. Hopefully we can hit it off.

EDIT: It's nice to get replies even if nothing comes from it. I never have thought that I'm the most handsome guy, but it's reassuring getting replies from even semi attractive women.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just double messaged a gal and it worked! She said I came off too strong the first time, but is talking to me now, so wooo!

kiryogi

Banned
Well, she still wants to keep talking, but we've set up a meeting for weds :D My inability to keep a conversation going is the rough part here though D: Called her at first and she eventually said she wanted to continue doing what she was doing. (Felt like we were running out of things to say) But a bit later, she messaged me, we chatted briefly on the OKC IM, then she asked to call me again. This time we hit it off and ended the night with her laughing :D

crush7337

Banned
I really get the winners on girls who send me unsolicited messages. This girl IM'ed me this morning and her self summary has this in it:

"i love being naked. i love fingering myself. i love being horny."

Not even a troll account either from what I can tell. I'll just say I won't answer this one though.

Ok guys, I finally have a picture of me up. I'm kind of uncomfortable with this simply because I don't look my age. I'm 30, and just look at the picture I have up. I don't take many pictures of myself. The last one was when I was around 23. Not that I look any different, but at least this one was from a few weeks ago. I've had problems with woman online because they don't believe my picture.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/WorkingGears

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Have any of you guys got embarrassed at the thought of having some one you know see your profile on these sites? I feel like this would bite me in the ass some how, somewhere down the road.
I was initially, but when I discovered my roommate in my Quiver matches and saw that he had visited my profile twice, I found myself significantly less embarrassed about it than I thought I'd be. The only weird thing is that we never talked about it.

equap

Banned
Ok guys, I finally have a picture of me up. I'm kind of uncomfortable with this simply because I don't look my age. I'm 30, and just look at the picture I have up. I don't take many pictures of myself. The last one was when I was around 23. Not that I look any different, but at least this one was from a few weeks ago. I've had problems with woman online because they don't believe my picture.

5/5.

we're like soul mate, bro!

Necrovex

Are you a detective? Your picture screams out "I am from a Yakuza game, and I am a police officer!!!"

Loona

There's stuff going on at my company that's getting everyone worried, and the country in general's going down the drain so emmigration's becoming a popular option - I might consider running a few Anywhere match and friend searches and check what areas come up most often for the best possible results for the sake of a general suggestion...

Ovid

Has anyone messaged someone who's higher percentage in their enemy zone? I just found this girl that's 83% my enemy and 1% friend. I feel really compelled to message her for shits and giggles. Plus I read her profile and she actually doesn't seem that bad.
Some woman care about the percentages and some don't. Message her and let us know if she responds.

What's the worse that can happen?

Some woman care about the percentages and some don't. Message her and let us know if she responds.

What's the worse that can happen?

Yeah, I did it this morning. I thought it would just be funny. Let see if she responds. I wrote something like she having the highest enemy rating with me and wanting to find out if we'll be mortal enemies.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, I did it this morning. I thought it would just be funny. Let see if she responds. I wrote something like she having the highest enemy rating with me and wanting to find out if we'll be mortal enemies.

Could be more like an opposites attract situation :eek:

mj1108

I've found that the percentages are really meaningless. Just message her. You have nothing to lose.

Edit: I see that you did....good luck!

Oh I'm not worried. I was just curious how many people like to do something like this. If she responds, it should at least be interesting.

wulff83

Neo Member
This website is how I met my fiancee.

After a couple of weird dates with women who, based on their profiles and our chats, seemed normal before we met - one even told me that she killed her ex-boyfriend's hamster.... o_O .... I met my fiancee on there. We've been together now for 2 1/2 years and getting married at the 3rd anniversary of our first date.

I give okcupid a big thumbs up. And after hearing about that person who's perfect match was a cousin on eharmony, even more-so. XD

crush7337

Banned
So about a week and a half ago, this cute girl visited my profile. I decided to send her a message, which I guess she read because she looked at my profile again. Never responded. This weekend and again today she's looked at my profile again. I figured if she was interested she would have responded already. I haven't even visited her profile since my message so I'm not creeping on hers or anything.

Figure its worth a shot to send another message if she's looking at my profile again. Should I call out the fact that she didn't respond to the first one though? Her profile does mention that you should message her if she's creeping on your profile because she likely won't send a message.

Ovid

After a couple of weird dates with women who, based on their profiles and our chats, seemed normal before we met - one even told me that she killed her ex-boyfriend's hamster.... o_O .... I met my fiancee on there. We've been together now for 2 1/2 years and getting married at the 3rd anniversary of our first date.

I give okcupid a big thumbs up. And after hearing about that person who's perfect match was a cousin on eharmony, even more-so. XD
I love stories like this.

beanman25

I guess it's possible they are working, but this girl always seems to reply late at night after signing on during the day. Maybe she doesn't want to seem to quick?

wulff83

Neo Member
So about a week and a half ago, this cute girl visited my profile. I decided to send her a message, which I guess she read because she looked at my profile again. Never responded. This weekend and again today she's looked at my profile again. I figured if she was interested she would have responded already. I haven't even visited her profile since my message so I'm not creeping on hers or anything.

Figure its worth a shot to send another message if she's looking at my profile again. Should I call out the fact that she didn't respond to the first one though? Her profile does mention that you should message her if she's creeping on your profile because she likely won't send a message.

What have you got to lose for messaging her again? As it stands, you've received no reply and some profile creeps. XD

Just message her again, say something fun about how she's poking around your profile. Light-hearted humor tends to go a long way, despite how we all think coolness is the way to go.

crush7337

Banned
What have you got to lose for messaging her again? As it stands, you've received no reply and some profile creeps. XD

Just message her again, say something fun about how she's poking around your profile. Light-hearted humor tends to go a long way, despite how we all think coolness is the way to go.

Oh I was going to message her, just wondering if I should call her out for not responding to the first one and then still creeping on my profile.

Ovid

Oh I was going to message her, just wondering if I should call her out for not responding to the first one and then still creeping on my profile.
Why would you call her out? What purpose would that serve?

Like another Gaffer mentioned before, aggression is not an attractive trait.

crush7337

Banned
Why would you call her out? What purpose would that serve?

Like another Gaffer mentioned before, aggression is not an attractive trait.

Not call her out with aggression, more like in a playful manner like wulff suggested. I'm not going to step down and start doing negging or any of that PUA bullshit.

Was more so just wondering if I should throw a playful quip in about it or just act like I never sent her one before.

Not call her out with aggression, more like in a playful manner like wulff suggested. I'm not going to step down and start doing negging or any of that PUA bullshit.

Was more so just wondering if I should throw a playful quip in about it or just act like I never sent her one before.

"Is this the online equivalent of one person staring at another but looking away when they stare back?"

I made a profile last Thursday with a simple mugshot-like photo of me wearing headphones and my nerdiest harry potter-esque glasses. I haven't logged in since. Too nervous to, but I hope I meet a girl like Marla Singer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I have yet to have a date from here in over a year, this should keep me going for a bit longer.

defel

1. Smile in the photo. Will make you immeasurably more attractive.

2. Even sitting down I can tell you buy clothes 1 size too big.

Better fitting clothes and a cheeky little smile will work wonders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom