• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Smile in the photo. Will make you immeasurably more attractive.

2. Even sitting down I can tell you buy clothes 1 size too big.

Better fitting clothes and a cheeky little smile will work wonders :)

That wasn't a real "photo" so to speak. It was a random candidate shot before I went to work. I just sort of looked up while my dad was messing with his camera.

The jacket is suppose to be big. The shirt just wasn't tucked in properly.

Though thanks for the advise all the same.

mjc

It's weird, I've gotten more messaging and attention on okc than I have on match. Yesterday I went on a coffee date and we had a great conversation. (Went on for like 2.5 hours) So I called her up tonight to ask for a second date...didn't pick up the phone. I've got a feeling she's moved on. It's the worst feeling thinking that you clicked a bit with someone and realizing it might not be reciprocated. Oh well, onto the next!

Emily Chu

Banned
So about a week and a half ago, this cute girl visited my profile. I decided to send her a message, which I guess she read because she looked at my profile again. Never responded. This weekend and again today she's looked at my profile again. I figured if she was interested she would have responded already. I haven't even visited her profile since my message so I'm not creeping on hers or anything.

Figure its worth a shot to send another message if she's looking at my profile again. Should I call out the fact that she didn't respond to the first one though? Her profile does mention that you should message her if she's creeping on your profile because she likely won't send a message.

Your one out of 500 doods sending her messages

It takes time lol for a girl to reject them all amd not respond and only then want to be friends. :3

LOL

border

Probably posted already, but I just came across this tonight. It's probably a good example of how insane the competition is on OKC. Dude creates a vague, mostly unattractive profile on OKC, and still gets a shit ton of responses. Note that Body Type is listed as "Used Up" and the picture does not even show off a face.

20 Guys Trying to Bang a Total Psycho on OkCupid

The goal was to be as incredibly weird, rude, and unattractive as possible to see if guys would still talk to me. Seriously, who would waste more than 0.05 seconds on this white trash bitch? A LOT OF PEOPLE, APPARENTLY.

Marla-Profile.jpeg

okcupid-6.jpg

okcupid-9.jpg

okcupid-20.jpg

Message from a girl just now included the following:
"I'm really bad with this opening messages. I've been reading PUA but I still don't get it sometimes."

Also she listed "Reddit" as a thing she couldn't do without so I think I'll just avoid this one.

How many 5 star ratings do you need to see other 5 star people anyway? I ask simply because I still see some really nice looking girls through my matches. Then again, maybe those that get 5 stars also do it with fake accounts or something.

Anyone feel bad/creepy looking through someone's profile a few times? This girl's eye are mesmerizing. Went through her profile a few times but forgets shit the next minute cause all I remember are her eyes. At this point, I'm like fuck it, even if I don't remember much, I'm not going back. I don't want to feel like a creeper. A lot of people already don't believe my age based in the picture, no point in being creepy.

How many 5 star ratings do you need to see other 5 star people anyway? I ask simply because I still see some really nice looking girls through my matches. Then again, maybe those that get 5 stars also do it with fake accounts or something.

Anyone feel bad/creepy looking through someone's profile a few times? This girl's eye are mesmerizing. Went through her profile a few times but forgets shit the next minute cause all I remember are her eyes. At this point, I'm like fuck it, even if I don't remember much, I'm not going back. I don't want to feel like a creeper. A lot of people already don't believe my age based in the picture, no point in being creepy.

Use incognito mode in chrome. Only works if their profile is visible to non-members though. You could just log out and look at them but incognito saves you the trouble.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's weird, I've gotten more messaging and attention on okc than I have on match. Yesterday I went on a coffee date and we had a great conversation. (Went on for like 2.5 hours) So I called her up tonight to ask for a second date...didn't pick up the phone. I've got a feeling she's moved on. It's the worst feeling thinking that you clicked a bit with someone and realizing it might not be reciprocated. Oh well, onto the next!

You sure are quick to judge. Maybe she wasn't even home?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You sure are quick to judge. Maybe she wasn't even home?

Who has a house phone? :p

I'm still not having much luck here. I finally had a girl message me first that seems cool. She lives an hour away but I'm working on it. Might see if we can grab coffee sometime.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Who has a house phone? :p

I do. ;_; I know, i'm so behind with this stuff.

Personally, i talked with one girl twice so far, we like some similar stuff like comedy shows, tv shows, video games, etc. and she seems like a cool girl + we live in the same city. Too bad she likes hockey a lot while i don't really care about it. But that didn't stop her from sending me a 2nd message, so i guess there is hope! Not sure where to go for the next messages, we're still in the step of "asking questions to know more about the other".

Yeah guys are really sad and clueless on here.

My gf (that I met through there) re-activated to look up our initial messages to each other, and the next day she already had 10 dumb one-liner messages.

I'd like to meet some of the girls that have a positive response to those.

beanman25

Guys. I got a message from a really pretty 27 year old who seems great. I'm 21 though.

Plus the messages said "I feel like I should give you an application or something."

What does that even mean?

Maddocks

The girl in that picture doesn't look ugly at all which kinda takes away from the experiment.

to add to this comment, some of the guys ask legit questions and he gives back legit answers, so of course a guy will keep talking to her. But some of them just want a crazy chick to see if they can tame her.

Maddocks

Guys. I got a message from a really pretty 27 year old who seems great. I'm 21 though.

Plus the messages said "I feel like I should give you an application or something."

What does that even mean?

She wants to show you her worth, why shes better then the other girls who message you.

Hey Dev, thanks for the critique. I trimmed some of the meme's from my profile but I'm not sure if I should get rid of my ancient aliens picture. I've been getting compliments for that actually.

zethren

Banned
Some guy just sent me a message asking me "Are you from Neogaf?"

Is this some sort of hookup codeword?

Women make accounts as men and try to find those worthy by asking guys this. Only after saying "yes, feed me pizza" will the man reveal himself to actually be a woman and you will have won.

You know what to do.

Tess3ract

Banned
anyone think ok cupid is that bad ?

especially for non whites ?

shit seems hopeless most of the time...
I'd say its hopeless for everyone, especially if you're backwater.

I've met a few girls but they're either not that attractive emotionally or physically or just want to be friends. I don't need more friends really, I want someone to cuddle and spend time with and shit

I'm an asian dude, been on OKC for like 2-3 weeks, been on 3 dates so far with 1 pending this week.

One latin girl, one japanese, one white, one vietnamese.

It's not hopeless

EDIT: going on a second date with the japanese girl, too, who is clearly interested romantically

Well for a black male in London there's not that many sisters on it, it's cool if you're like me and prefer white girls, but it's a diamond in the mud. Sometimes the language in women's profiles make you know she doesn't date black folk e.g. "I like blue eyed guys", etc

Although I've had a fair amount of success from OKC, I sometimes wonder if its worth the effort I put in

fucking perfectttt girl, fucking looks like grimes and everything, we were talking about deus ex and cyberpunk and cool things and showing legit interest.. but then just stops replying. im like c'mon.. look at me.. im awesome. guess not :''''(

wulff83

Neo Member
I have yet to have a date from here in over a year, this should keep me going for a bit longer.

I'm still not having much luck here. I finally had a girl message me first that seems cool. She lives an hour away but I'm working on it. Might see if we can grab coffee sometime.

Maybe give your profile a once over and see if everything you posted needs to be said or if you come off too much of one thing or another. Apply a little incentive to the profile, even if it's pointless incentive.

The reason my fiancee and I even met is because my little blurb about myself was: "Passionate, Sincere Goofball."

Then the first thing in my actual description was: "Anyone who can tell me what that's from gets brownie points."

Or at least something to that effect. She messaged me back with simply, "Three to Tango. Do I get points?" We started chatting a day or two later, and really hit it off.

Lucario

so I'm dating someone from OKC who's never dated a boy before (only girls.) He's clingy and a little awkward, but everything else about him is pretty awesome.

I've been out of the dating scene for a while, and I don't want to hurt this boy, but the clinginess and constant texting is bugging me. Someone help.

also, he introduced me to his friends on the second date. I sat in their apartment quietly as they chainsmoked packs of marlboro.

wulff83

Neo Member
so I'm dating someone from OKC who's never dated a boy before (only girls.) He's clingy and a little awkward, but everything else about him is pretty awesome.

I've been out of the dating scene for a while, and I don't want to hurt this boy, but the clinginess and constant texting is bugging me. Someone help.

also, he introduced me to his friends on the second date. I sat in their apartment quietly as they chainsmoked packs of marlboro.

I'd say have a talk with him. How many dates in are you two? Let him know that you think he's awesome, but he needs to tone it down just a bit? Just don't make it sound ominous - "We need to talk." That one's horrifying. XD But make sure he knows he's coming on just a bit strong. He's probably just nervous as hell and wants things to go well and doesn't realize he's his own worst enemy in this situation.

crush7337

Banned
I'd say its hopeless for everyone, especially if you're backwater.

I've met a few girls but they're either not that attractive emotionally or physically or just want to be friends. I don't need more friends really, I want someone to cuddle and spend time with and shit

I've had some moderate success with it. First time I used it for 2 weeks met a girl and went out for 3 weeks or so, until she decided she wasn't that into me and wanted to be friends. I can say my profile was boring at that point and she was the only one I had a conversation with at that point so I only dated her.

Turned it back on after that, for another 2 weeks, before meeting my now ex and we saw each other for 3 months. I had more success getting replies that time, still only dated her though. I had another 2 girls set up to get dates with, but I never messaged them back to set anything up after I had slept with the girl I was going out with.

So, I've had it on this time for a week and a half, so I figure its about time I click with someone else. I guess my first date luck will run out eventually though and I'll get turned down after 1 date. We'll see.

Is this the one that found Furry GAF on your computer?

Just be clear that you like him but don't want to rush into being so attached. Just don't make a big deal about it and you should be fine.

lol
I just wanted to be sure you were from here before I gave you the 5 stars.

But you still didn't :(

One girl that I match really up with and whose profile I like a lot has 2 pictures, but they're just her body, no face. Why do you do this. Why.

Maddocks

I'd say have a talk with him. How many dates in are you two? Let him know that you think he's awesome, but he needs to tone it down just a bit? Just don't make it sound ominous - "We need to talk." That one's horrifying. XD But make sure he knows he's coming on just a bit strong. He's probably just nervous as hell and wants things to go well and doesn't realize he's his own worst enemy in this situation.

to add to this. He is also very nervous dating a man for the first time. He probably doesn't really know how to act yet and is probably finding everything a little jarring as men and women as pretty different when it comes to dating. To him, with his girl dating experience might be good to always be texting and talking. Don't take him to the wood shed just yet, just be upfront like wulff said and let him know hes coming on to strong.

One girl that I match really up with and whose profile I like a lot has 2 pictures, but they're just her body, no face. Why do you do this. Why.

you can always start talking to her and ask her for a drink or something, then you say, "how am I supposed to recognize you?" and get her to send a pic.

Or some other trickeration, asking random questions like, what were you for halloween always helps

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just probably had the best conversation with a girl on this site since I've been on it. I sent the first message and she pretty much instantly responded. Ending up sending about 80 messages back and forth over the past couple of hours and got digits at the end. It was quite possibly the most random and funny conversation I've had with someone in a long time. That along with the date I have lined up Friday night with the girl that asked me out, I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

Just probably had the best conversation with a girl on this site since I've been on it. I sent the first message and she pretty much instantly responded. Ending up sending about 80 messages back and forth over the past couple of hours and got digits at the end. It was quite possibly the most random and funny conversation I've had with someone in a long time. That along with the date I have lined up Friday night with the girl that asked me out, I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

Awesome! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom