• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said anything about looking at my profile?? I guess I can tell myself she's browsing privately lol

I know that feel bro, I know that feel

I've been talking to a Hungarian chick, surprised she messaged me back, we talk a lot on Skype, and we're on FB now. I don't think it'll go far, but it's sometimes nice to make e-friends out of it

..plus we want to fuck each others brains out (pictures, and some lewd convos), but we'll see what happens when she comes over :)

Maddocks

whenever someone stops talking to you, its best to assume she found someone better or you died. Rico's OKCupid roughnecks.

The best way to play your game is not to care whether you win or lose. Just consider every reply a bonus and not an ignore a loss - you've lost nothing.

droopy

Alright, sorry for creeping a bunch of people here (five stars all around) but I just made my OKC account and was trying to make use of all the great advice in this thread while writing my profile.

This is what I ended up with (almost done), profile. All criticism welcome, I'm not particularly proud of it or anything.

Alright, sorry for creeping a bunch of people here (five stars all around) but I just made my OKC account and was trying to make use of all the great advice in this thread while writing my profile.

This is what I ended up with (almost done), profile. All criticism welcome, I'm not particularly proud of it or anything.

I like it, post more pictures of your dog.

Non-dating related: If you're having that much trouble finding work start looking West. There are tons of engineering opportunities out here and it's much easier to find people who are into skiing.

y2dvd

So yall finally convinced me to create a profile last night. I kept it really basic and bare boned. I answered several questions and stopped when I realized there was no end to it. Added a few pictures. What are some good advice to using this site? Never did this online thing before but since I'm in a new city I figured why not! I messaged about 4 girls and got a response back from 3 of them. All I said was "cute pic, i like [whatever pic in particular]". Can't exactly check what they reply with yet since I'm at work but hope it's positive!

So yall finally convinced me to create a profile last night. I kept it really basic and bare boned. I answered several questions and stopped when I realized there was no end to it. Added a few pictures. What are some good advice to using this site? Never did this online thing before but since I'm in a new city I figured why not! I messaged about 4 girls and got a response back from 3 of them. All I said was "cute pic, i like [whatever pic in particular]". Can't exactly check what they reply with yet since I'm at work but hope it's positive!

Try going through the quick match option and rate a bunch of girls you fancy. If they rate you back you'll both get an email. Its prompted a few girls to email me first when I couldn't be arsed to a tailor a message to each one

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Meanwhile, i send nearly 15 messages with more thoughts than a simple "cute pic" and only 1 girl bother to reply back(and she haven't talked to me for the last 4 days despite being online a few times).

*tag quote myself*

Ashhong

I know that feel bro, I know that feel

I've been talking to a Hungarian chick, surprised she messaged me back, we talk a lot on Skype, and we're on FB now. I don't think it'll go far, but it's sometimes nice to make e-friends out of it

..plus we want to fuck each others brains out (pictures, and some lewd convos), but we'll see what happens when she comes over :)

Well then, make it happen! I've had that experience before, and it was actually pretty awkward for a while when we were actually alone lol. Though that was probably just me being too shy. Some weed helped clear that right up.

Paper Fox

Genuine naive question but does anyone use OKC purely for friendships? I joined as a joke mainly, but now I'm kinda wanting to use it to meet interesting people. I've put on my profile that I'm seeing someone, but I'm still getting a few messages from people that have other ideas.
Also I don't know what the difference is between "single" and "available".

Genuine naive question but does anyone use OKC purely for friendships? I joined as a joke mainly, but now I'm kinda wanting to use it to meet interesting people. I've put on my profile that I'm seeing someone, but I'm still getting a few messages from people that have other ideas.
Also I don't know what the difference is between "single" and "available".

Maybe open relationship? Just list your status as "in a relationship" or whatever it is. I'd suggest something like badoo for meeting people though, okcupid is kinda geared towards full on dating hence the name

Paper Fox

Maybe open relationship? Just list your status as "in a relationship" or whatever it is. I'd suggest something like badoo for meeting people though, okcupid is kinda geared towards full on dating hence the name

I thought that's what it probably meant. Alrighty thanks for the info, might give badoo a try.

Maddocks

you put open relationship, you will get 50 couples a day asking for group sex, 3 somes, and guys asking you to fuck their wife while they jerk off in a corner.

Bisnic

Do you guys think its worth it to send a message to a girl that mention she likes bars in her profile when its something i almost never go to, on top of being someone who barely drink alcohol? I have a feeling it wouldn't work between the 2 of us. It's a shame, cause she's really pretty/sexy and only 2 years younger than me + same city.

Do you guys think its worth it to send a message to a girl that mention she likes bars in her profile when its something i almost never go to, on top of being someone who barely drink alcohol? I have a feeling it wouldn't work between the 2 of us. It's a shame, cause she's really pretty/sexy and only 2 years younger than me + same city.

Ask her for tips on bars to go to. There's your in.

Maddocks

Personal experience?

My friend has an account and has it set to open relationship. If you are a girl, you get 15-20 messages a day no matter what if you are in the activity feed. If you put bi, another 10-15 of just couples wanting to add spice to their relationship. If you add open relationship. Then it becomes a playground as everyone will view you as a plaything.

Bisnic

Ask her for tips on bars to go to. There's your in.

Sounds like a good idea... if i was interested into going to bars. But the interest is pretty low. No point in trying to lie to a girl until she realize I did all this just to go out with her.

But who knows, maybe i will like bars more than i imagine, i just never bothered with them since i've always been the timid guy who don't like big crowds all that much.

Sounds like a good idea... if i was interested into going to bars. But the interest is pretty low. No point in trying to lie to a girl until she realize I did all this just to go out with her.

But who knows, maybe i will like bars more than i imagine, i just never bothered with them since i've always been the timid guy who don't like big crowds all that much.

Why aren't you interested in them exactly? Have you gone to many?

Well what do you do for fun?

There are all sorts of bars that play different types of music that have different types of atmospheres etc.

Bisnic

Why aren't you interested in them exactly? Have you gone to many?

Like i said, i haven't really gone to them because
1) I barely drink alcohol.
2) I don't like big crowds(although it doesn't stop me going to a restaurant of course)
3) I've always been the timid kind of guy since my childhood

Bars always felt like they weren't for me because of that. But who knows, maybe i got the whole thing fucking wrong.

Maddocks

2) I don't like big crowds(although it doesn't stop me going to a restaurant of course)

Bars always felt like they weren't for me because of that. But who knows, maybe i got the whole thing fucking wrong.

I was the same way, the problem was for a long time I viewed all bars as biker bars. So I would assume I would be lost in one, but once you go and see the people having a good time and if you have a date it only gets better because a bar is a good social setting. Its a lot like a restaurant, just instead of families you have co-workers and borderline alcoholics. Don't have to actively go to one, but if you happen to go on a date with her, a bar is a nice comfortable setting for her and a new experience for you. So it will all work out.

This girl isn't for you. But you should try going to bars more, they are welcoming places once you open yourself to it.

Bisnic

This girl isn't for you. But you should try going to bars more, they are welcoming places once you open yourself to it.

Yeah i guess it wouldn't hurt to try them one day, but maybe not with this girl. In other news, i talked again for the 3rd time this week with another one, the only one who bothered to reply to my messages so far, and she seems cool, so hopefully it will lead to something one day.

Yeah i guess it wouldn't hurt to try them one day, but maybe not with this girl. In other news, i talked again for the 3rd time this week with another one, the only one who bothered to reply to my messages so far, and she seems cool, so hopefully it will lead to something one day.

I doesn't hurt to try. I'm like you, but I've been to a few bars and they're not bad. Nothing bad is going to happen as long as you're not drunk.

You don't have to drink a bunch of alcohol. You can just nurse a drink. Some bars have awesome as fuck deals on food. I go to one every now and then because they have Taco Tues, each taco is like 1.50 and they're damn good. It's not a big bar either. You could totally just chill by yourself or a couple of folks. Most people at bars are paying attention to their own thing and couldn't give a fuck less what you are doing, no need to feel insecure, you're just psyching yourself out.

Az987

all good things
How come on POF girls get a 'flirt' option and guys don't and it puts it in your message box? That's so not cool because then I still have to think up a damn message.

Edit: See look, I killed it already.

Me: Hi, how are you tonight?
Her: Good, watching a movie.
Me: Oh yeah? What are you watching?
Her: A lifetime movie
Me; Those movies are bad.

She stopped replying.

Damn, where did I go wrong!?

Edit2: Oh wait. I sent another message that said I mean those movies are awesome and they're all I watch!! and she laughed.

Ha, I still got it.

Edit3: Got her phone number, that was easy.

had a great date tonight, girl from OKC who I met for drinks before
She's a concert violinist. Took her out to dinner (I paid) and went to Dave and Busters (she paid). Seems like there's great potential for us. I love a girl who's got their own stuff going on and doesn't need to be pampered and get everything paid for.

oh, and we got a little kissy-kissy at the end :-D

So much better than my date last night...
click for the gory details

SteeloDMZ

Banned
What the shit? I had over 26 messages with this girl. We were gonna do something last Wednesday but she rescheduled. She messaged me yesterday asking when I'm available and I told her Sunday. I visit my profile and see she doesn't have an account anymore.

faaroqdamn.gif

I'm ashamed to admit but I stalked her and found her instagram. I don't know if I should even bother contacting her. There seemed to be a lot of flirting/playfulness in our messages.

Yeah, it does, but whatevs, at least I got a good story our of it. Hey Devo, could you take a look at my profile? I don't need anymore dates like this. haha

hidden:

Forgot about this. Less lists more substance and personality.

What the shit? I had over 26 messages with this girl. We were gonna do something last Wednesday but she rescheduled. She messaged me yesterday asking when I'm available and I told her Sunday. I visit my profile and see she doesn't have an account anymore.

faaroqdamn.gif

I'm ashamed to admit but I stalked her and found her instagram. I don't know if I should even bother contacting her. There seemed to be a lot of flirting/playfulness in our messages.

Don't message bro, that's some cyberstalker shit.

Does anyone know how many high ratings you have to get to get the "you are hot" email to where you can see the higher rated girls? Or is there no set number and it's just kind of at random?

Had a girl message me out of the blue and we're having a really awesome conversation, she's totally my type, if only a little young for me.

Oh and she's seeing someone and lives 600km away.

Had a girl message me out of the blue and we're having a really awesome conversation, she's totally my type, if only a little young for me.

Oh and she's seeing someone and lives 600km away.

Keep talkin' to her, who knows what will happen. Don't get your hopes up though.

kiryogi

Banned

faaroqdamn.gif

Don't, sounds like she might have found someone else. Move on, you'll only come off as total stalker or something if you do that.

On a different note, been noticing the generation gap with ladies in my age group either not open about their being a nerd/geek or it's just straight faux pas. (Of course they're all successful, love the outdoors etc etc) But get a few years younger and it's all very widely accepted . . . Also a lot of the younger ones declare being Bi. Maybe they're just experimenting, but modern society :eek:

Darklord

Banned
So I go back into my account for the first time in ages. I get 3 visits while I'm on the site. All 3 are from girls in Asian countries. Err, why are they visiting me?

Maddocks

So I go back into my account for the first time in ages. I get 3 visits while I'm on the site. All 3 are from girls in Asian countries. Err, why are they visiting me?

the only logical answer would be to message them and tell them to call you "daddy"

Keep talkin' to her, who knows what will happen. Don't get your hopes up though.
Yeah, I will. I have no problems with just talking to people when they're cool, I just wish that the best people I've chatted with live so far away.
Greencardposter.jpg

SolKane

I was drinking a bit two nights ago and feeling very lonely, so I sent out about half a dozen messages on OkCupid. I checked this morning and nobody responded :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom