• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I had a short exchange of words with this girl (5 messages) who asked me if I have plans this weekend, to which I replied I don't, and now she sends me a message saying she wants to go out tonight and her phone number. Her profile seems legit, pictures and phone number too.

Chances of this being a trap guys?

I had a short exchange of words with this girl (5 messages) who asked me if I have plans this weekend, to which I replied I don't, and now she sends me a message saying she wants to go out tonight and her phone number. Her profile seems legit, pictures and phone number too.

You don't value your kidneys do you?

Just give her a tinkle and ask where you want to meet, might alleviate some of the worry.

Uh, she's probably into you. Most traps seem to involving fake girls asking for dick pics or something. Go out with her.

mjc

This has probably been asked 100 times, but what's the general etiquette on texting/calling between dates? (From online dating sites, I mean.)

I have a second date about a week from now with one girl and I haven't talked to her since this last Wednesday. She's a med student in the thick of finals right now so I know she's busy..do I keep contact to a minimum/none at all until we set concrete plans? I could always send the check up text like how was your weekend sometime tomorrow night...but I'm not sure. (And I know this is usually a case by case basis)

Maddocks

I would check in every 3-4 days since its finals and then try to set something up when shes all done and a congratulations you didn't die during finals date.

This has probably been asked 100 times, but what's the general etiquette on texting/calling between dates? (From online dating sites, I mean.)

I have a second date about a week from now with one girl and I haven't talked to her since this last Wednesday. She's a med student in the thick of finals right now so I know she's busy..do I keep contact to a minimum/none at all until we set concrete plans? I could always send the check up text like how was your weekend sometime tomorrow night...but I'm not sure. (And I know this is usually a case by case basis)

Do you know specifically when her finals are? No harm in sending a good luck message.

crush7337

Banned
Well I was just made a moderator. A little disappointed since I got the notification that I got a new message so I figured it was a reply from the girl I messaged this morning. At least my time on OKC will be made more enjoyable now.

y2dvd

So here's my profile.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/y2dvd

Pretty straightforward. I think it may be boring but what do yall think? Also, maybe I have too many pics up?

So the ratio of messaging and getting a response back isn't looking too good now. Not too much of a surprise because I'm still using the "cute pics, blah blah blah" lol, but I got two girls to message me back here and there. Maybe I should try opening with something else. XD

So here's my profile.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/y2dvd

Pretty straightforward. I think it may be boring but what do yall think? Also, maybe I have too many pics up?

So the ratio of messaging and getting a response back isn't looking too good now. Not too much of a surprise because I'm still using the "cute pics, blah blah blah" lol, but I got two girls to message me back here and there. Maybe I should try opening with something else. XD

Too simple of a profile. The amount of pics is fine.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Uh, she's probably into you. Most traps seem to involving fake girls asking for dick pics or something. Go out with her.

Looks like my spidey sense is right on this one. There's something fishy with this girl. I texted here, she said she's going to a bar with some friends and I should join them. She tells me where I could meet her and follow her, but I say that I don't have a car. 10 minutes later she says she'll get me a drink if I take a cab and get there, to which I reply that it would be better if we meet tomorrow for lunch instead. She replies that she wants to meet me right now!

I didn't reply anymore. After 25 minutes she sends me a text saying that I'll be missing out because she's wearing a really short skirt........

lol

Out of curiosity, how do you guys pick what girls to message? Sometimes I see really good looking ones with almost nothing interesting to say in their profile, and despite being pretty, I just ignore them and move on. I couldn't send her any kind of interesting message based on what I had to work with.

neptunes

Looks like my spidey sense is right on this one. There's something fishy with this girl. I texted here, she said she's going to a bar with some friends and I should join them. She tells me where I could meet her and follow her, but I say that I don't have a car. 10 minutes later she says she'll get me a drink if I take a cab and get there, to which I reply that it would be better if we meet tomorrow for lunch instead. She replies that she wants to meet me right now!

I didn't reply anymore. After 25 minutes she sends me a text saying that I'll be missing out because she's wearing a really short skirt........

lol

I'd be paranoid if it was at some secluded place, but a bar seems like an open enough place to set you.at ease. It's usually women that are this paranoid,

Out of curiosity, how do you guys pick what girls to message? Sometimes I see really good looking ones with almost nothing interesting to say in their profile, and despite being pretty, I just ignore them and move on. I couldn't send her any kind of interesting message based on what I had to work with.

I look for the ones with DTF written in their Self Description

You still want to have sex with her though, right?
Joke about some detail in her profile and get it out of your system - maybe she'll catch the bait.
Just spam ppl. you don't think are a perfect match or such. I even message girls without pics and one sent me her fb-link and now we talk over fb, so there is that.

lol

Did you try calling the number? Whatsapp to check for a pic? It just sounds like shes horny as fuck and wants your dick, not sure why you're so skeptical.

Maddocks

for me I read their profile first, then look at the pictures, then finally match and friend %.

then I message commenting on something about her profile. If her "you should message me if" section is a big ass list of questions. Then I answer each and every question and that usually freaks them out and they never reply. But I enjoy answering questions, so I don't mind.

Edit: Unless she has red hair. Then all that shit goes out the window and I message her blindly and foolishly.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
She just sent me a picture. I'm using a piece of shit prepaid cellphone, so I can barely recognize if she's the one in the okcupid profile. She might be.

This is creepy as fuck, lol.

The answers for the questions in her profile were a lot more conservative.

Ashhong

Sooo I found this girls tumblr when I google imaged her to make sure she's real, and decided to just send her a quote from Adventure Time that I saw on there. Creepy? Maybe, though it's not like I hired some kind of detective. We'll see if this works lol

neptunes

She just sent me a picture. I'm using a piece of shit prepaid cellphone, so I can barely recognize if she's the one in the okcupid profile. She might be.

why are you still here? what's the worst that could happen?

I get stabbed in an alley and then dumped into a river?

If she wanted to fuck my brains out, she could do it any other time, no reason why it should be right now.

Yeah, she'll think you're way cooler for just sitting around at home rather than taking a very minor risk anyway.

kiryogi

Banned
O
Personally I just message girls that look decent and have a profile that's of interest. So whatever floats your boat really.

Like maddocks, for the plain profile ones you could just rate them and see if you get a reaction... Or use some pick up line about wanting to learn more about them.

Yeah... Sounds like she's desperate bro, unless you are too. I wouldn't, unless you're really that adventurous.

There it is GAF - look what you made me do:

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/lasthope106

Commence the bashing!

Personal thought - it's difficult to look for both "Casual Sex" and a "Long Term Dating" as most people who are on there want one or the other and won't want someone for either who is looking for both. But I may be wrong about this.

I dunno, it's not the worst profile I've seen and the only things I really disliked were the "You ;)" in your Six Things and your answer to "I spend a lot of time thinking about" seems kind of forced.

Personal thought - it's difficult to look for both "Casual Sex" and a "Long Term Dating" as most people who are on there want one or the other and won't want someone for either who is looking for both. But I may be wrong about this.

I dunno, it's not the worst profile I've seen and the only things I really disliked were the "You ;)" in your Six Things and your answer to "I spend a lot of time thinking about" seems kind of forced.

Thanks man. Well in my defense, I really do spend a considerable amount of time thinking about those two things. It's kind of an obsession.

Maddocks

never put casual sex, that will turn off almost all girls. even the ones that want casual sex. do a search of girls who list casual sex....you will find a list of girls you wouldn't fuck.

never put casual sex, that will turn off almost all girls. even the ones that want casual sex. do a search of girls who list casual sex....you will find a list of girls you wouldn't fuck.

Removed the casual sex. I honestly didn't know about the options - I just clicked all of them.

Got an e-mail me telling me I'm hot. So they will give me more attractive people to look at. Just went and checked my matches, the top 20-25...I'm pretty sure are the same, I don't think anything changed lol.

edit: & I am so sick of okcupid showing me a billion good looking girls in Toronto and almost nothing in Buffalo, ugh. Well the few in Buffalo that I find good lucking haven't responded to me ._.

put your face pic as your main. pictures of faces are more important to women than pictures of sports mascots, this is based on science

Done. I hadn't considered that. Thank you SolKane.

I love getting to check out all of these hot guys.

Keep posting your profiles, gents.

8WpQE.gif

This shit will give me nightmares for weeks.

ohhgodwhy.jpg

Got an e-mail me telling me I'm hot. So they will give me more attractive people to look at. Just went and checked my matches, the top 20-25...I'm pretty sure are the same, I don't think anything changed lol.

edit: & I am so sick of okcupid showing me a billion good looking girls in Toronto and almost nothing in Buffalo, ugh. Well the few in Buffalo that I find good lucking haven't responded to me ._.

Probably too many people rating anything highly so it doesn't change much for some.

kiryogi

Banned

Lol I'm still waiting for that ;-;

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
My success comes in waves; been on a dry spell on this site for a month now. I feel like i'm not putting enough effort; the process is becoming mundane for me. I am considering deactivating my account soon. Here's my profile; what say gaf?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/AnnexBondi

Ha! Got my first message, after about 7 hours on the site. Not sure if good or bad - have only sent messages to about 5 girls so far. Where do I go from here oh-knowledgeable Okcupid-GAF?

I've rated everyone I've seen. Rate me back :p (I'm the black guy from NY,NY)

Quote to see my profile.

I just went on a match search today, something I don't really do often. I decided to look at black females, and speaking of the ones I saw, it made me sad that either 1) they almost always had a high enemy rating with me (15%+) usually due to them being too conservative and/or religious, or 2) they mostly or exclusively want white or Asian guys.

Maddocks

Ha! Got my first message, after about 7 hours on the site. Not sure if good or bad - have only sent messages to about 5 girls so far. Where do I go from here oh-knowledgeable Okcupid-GAF?

you talk about a topic for 2-3 messages and then ask for a phone number, then text her nude pictures(don't do this) and try to set up a date.

Maddocks

My success comes in waves; been on a dry spell on this site for a month now. I feel like i'm not putting enough effort; the process is becoming mundane for me. I am considering deactivating my account soon. Here's my profile; what say gaf?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/AnnexBondi

Okay, here is my profile. Any advice would be great; I can't seem to get any play on here.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/orko60

rated everyone I've seen. Rate me back :p (I'm the black guy from NY,NY)

Quote to see my profile.

I just went on a match search today, something I don't really do often. I decided to look at black females, and speaking of the ones I saw, it made me sad that either 1) they almost always had a high enemy rating with me (15%+) usually due to them being too conservative and/or religious, or 2) they mostly or exclusively want white or Asian guys.

rated everyone.

Okay, here is my profile. Any advice would be great; I can't seem to get any play on here.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/orko60

Your profile was boring to me. I skip girls with profiles like yours. (Edit: I hope that doesn't sound so harsh. lol)

Try to make yourself sound more unique and not just any ol' guy. Be more specific. Don't say "love to have fun," say what you do to have fun. You mention being an animator, which is interesting, but you never expand on it. Maybe link to an example piece, or talk about past projects. Don't say that you're really good at "being me." Say something more attention-grabbing, something predictable like "I was known for beíng a good artist/animator" to something simple like "I can cook a mean steak" to something weird like "I can stuff 20 raisins up my nose" is guaranteed to get more of a reaction than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom