• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

i got a message from a girl 2 days ago about my profile. she said it's funny and made her laugh...not sure if that's a good comment or bad one. :

and she lives 1000 miles away.

feelsbadman.
I never got a message from anyone overseas.

Heh, I was contacted by a prostitute..

nOvm5.jpg

-> google reverse search ->

nfRdz.jpg

from a German site with an url that would translate into "red light whores".com

yes, I still messaged her back
to inquire about her pries and solicit more revealing pics :p

I went and revised my profile with the feedback that everyone provided me on this thread provided and other tips I found scattered across the internet. I would really appreciate it if you all could tell me if I'm going in the right direction.

Also, if you have an account, could you please rate me. I will rate you in return.

yep, it was more inconvenient for us to walk the 10 minutes to the pizza place and back than the 10 seconds to her doorstep.

Nice man! So if things go sour, you will have to see her everyday :p

Just kidding. I wish you the best of luck Bleepey!

I went and revised my profile with the feedback that everyone provided me on this thread provided and other tips I found scattered across the internet. I would really appreciate it if you all could tell me if I'm going in the right direction.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/lasthope106

Also, if you have an account, could you please rate me. I will rate you in return.

Rated. What do you need our feedback for? You're already messaging a beautiful girl, you shouldn't mess with it at all.

Except you should put neogaf FIRST on your favorite sites. Especially over reddit

Bleepey

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/lasthope106

It's kinda funny. I gave her my number and she informed me she had my number already. I completely forgot I met her once when she moved into my neighbourhood and I have her directions. I chatted to her and gave her my number without asking for hers. I assumed if she was interested she'd call me but she never did.

Kuntz

Is Okcupid okay to find interesting people to talk to around the world ?

Just created an account and now sending a message to anyone with >70% match anywhere just to have nice chat.

If it's anything like french sites (because I am, sorry about that), is the answer rate in the 1-2% bracket ?

A lot of profiles are nicely filled with contructive ideas and humour, makes me wanna make friends ! (Well maybe i'll find a nice foreign girlfriend too !)

Just tell me people are here to find dates in a 20km radius only in the US and I'll stop wasting my time.

Have any of you had success sending another message after the girl has visited your profile? There's obviously nothing to lose but what could I say?

It's kinda funny. I gave her my number and she informed me she had my number already. I completely forgot I met her once when she moved into my neighbourhood and I have her directions. I chatted to her and gave her my number without asking for hers. I assumed if she was interested she'd call me but she never did.

Nice. SO you tap dat shit?

3Sixty

Used OKC a couple of years back never got too much out of it but a few friends of mine mentioned POF to me over the last few weeks so i signed up.

Damn that place is ghetto as hell.

blueICE

Banned
Guys, does incognito mode on google chrome really work? I simply don't want people checking me out while I'm checking them out since my profile still isn't 100% the way I like it yet. I had a few instances where I'm checking this girl out and she checked my profile back. I messaged her and no reply.

if you give a fuck. you lose. even your avatar mirrors fear and desperation.

"guys, guys... am i doing it right?"

check who ever you want out, have a finished profile or not. it really does. not. matter...

be the boss of yourself. cast the whiner mode out the window and damn say 'fuck it!'.

if you give a fuck. you lose. even your avatar mirrors fear and desperation.

"guys, guys... am i doing it right?"

check who ever you want out, have a finished profile or not. it really does. not. matter...

be the boss of yourself. cast the whiner mode out the window and damn say 'fuck it!'.

No, I'm not giving too much of a fuck. Only thing is I feel a little cheated that they looked at my stuff without being ready.

I've even messaged random women just for shits and giggles not caring. Just feels weird that they're reading incomplete stuff is all.

blueICE

Banned
No, I'm not giving too much of a fuck. Only thing is I feel a little cheated that they looked at my stuff without being ready.

I've even messaged random women just for shits and giggles not caring. Just feels weird that they're reading incomplete stuff is all.

my bio has 1 sentence and no photo. . . and i've two women chatting me back and forth.

'nuff said.

Rated. What do you need our feedback for? You're already messaging a beautiful girl, you shouldn't mess with it at all.

Except you should put neogaf FIRST on your favorite sites. Especially over reddit

You never put all your eggs on one basket. She is back online, but didn't reply back. So I think this one is toast.

I'll still appreciate any ratings you gents and ladies can provide.

my bio has 1 sentence and no photo. . . and i've two women chatting me back and forth.

'nuff said.

What is this magical sentence that is dropping panties everywhere?!

RedAssedApe

Banned

'nuff said.

I'm assuming these are attractive girls otherwise there would be no not so stealth bragging LOL. What is your secret sauce in terms of your first message?

SolKane

if you accidentally send a message to someone that you're not too happy about, can you erase it somehow? or do you just have to send a new one? i just sent a message to a pretty spritely girl, but i immediately regretted it because i thought of a better one.

kiryogi

Banned
if you accidentally send a message to someone that you're not too happy about, can you erase it somehow? or do you just have to send a new one? i just sent a message to a pretty spritely girl, but i immediately regretted it because i thought of a better one.

Nope gotta send a new one... But of course sending 2 in a row is a bad thing usually.

WTF, well it looks like someone trolled the hell out of my ratings. For those asking for ratings, be weary of posting your profile here. Make invisible by using the email tag.

All my match results are showing overweight girls. What a step back.

droopy

Keep sending messages until she forgets the one you want back.

I like it, post more pictures of your dog.

Non-dating related: If you're having that much trouble finding work start looking West. There are tons of engineering opportunities out here and it's much easier to find people who are into skiing.

Thanks for the input, it's starting to look like he is more attractive than I am :lol.
Think I finished it now, please anyone feel free to let me know if I'm missing anything big.

And just wondering, what's the difference between the quiver and the profiles in the sidebar (other than them not changing)?

kiryogi

Banned
Keep sending messages until she forgets the one you want back.

Thanks for the input, it's starting to look like he is more attractive than I am :lol.
Think I finished it now, please anyone feel free to let me know if I'm missing anything big.

And just wondering, what's the difference between the quiver and the profiles in the sidebar (other than them not changing)?

Honestly the dog photo + the quib about him high fiving is a total attention grabber for the ladies. I approve! Or at least Yknow it comes off like aww that's so cute.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Speaking of POF. Since it originated in Canada I would expect that there would be more members from that region. Is it just as slummy for you Canadians as it is for us Americans? lol

y2dvd

If possible, I'd like some criticism of my profile, I will 5 star anyone who visits, so please rate me 5 back!

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Uncle0wnage

5 starred. Does it do anything though?

So I down to one person who replies back. Guess I should've expected it to be difficult. I would consider it a success though if it goes further with that one person. She seems semi interested because she now asking what I like to do. We'll see how it goes!

kiryogi

Banned
The first week was great, but now I haven't had a reply in a few days now... I'm happy if they even at least visit lol. I can't help but wonder if it's my approach or profile... Or something

The first week was great, but now I haven't had a reply in a few days now... I'm happy if they even at least visit lol. I can't help but wonder if it's my approach or profile... Or something

Last like 10 messages I've sent out now haven't even gotten views. Yet the last few views I've had are from beautiful girls that are 50+ miles away from me. I hate this city.

kiryogi

Banned
Last like 10 messages I've sent out now haven't even gotten views. Yet the last few views I've had are from beautiful girls that are 50+ miles away from me. I hate this city.

I guess I'm lucky to be in the Seattle area. Regardless, I said it earlier, we just have to keep trucking. I'm not going to give up this time, but I'm also taking steps to further myself as well.

crush7337

Banned
I've hit a rough spot recently. Still have 1 girls number but she's supposedly busy this week and will let me know when she's free for a date. At this point I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Added a new picture and sent out some more messages tonight, hopefully get some replies by in the next few days.

Maddocks

WTF, well it looks like someone trolled the hell out of my ratings. For those asking for ratings, be weary of posting your profile here. Make invisible by using the email tag.

All my match results are showing overweight girls. What a step back.

Good advice. gaf is visited by lots of people, some think it would be funny to 1 star you, but if lurker after lurker does it you get punished.

it is best to never publicly give out your profile incase things like this happen. even an lurker with a gaf account who don't post in this thread will help you before a stranger would.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I guess I'm lucky to be in the Seattle area. Regardless, I said it earlier, we just have to keep trucking. I'm not going to give up this time, but I'm also taking steps to further myself as well.

Say what? how old are you if I may ask. Because we are probably messaging the same girls!

Maddocks

competition breads innovation!

I have rated a guy people on here in my area and age range. But they have abs, so the girls they will get and the girls ill get will be pretty different, so I have no fear.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Wait what the hell. You're my competition?! Lol fuck me. 28 here

Alright. As long as you stay away from the 18-22 range we are fine :p

Speaking of which, I got the phone number of a gorgeous mexican girl who seemed pretty excited about meeting. I also have a date this Friday with other girl that looks really damn cute in pics.

I've been having kind of fun with this site.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright. As long as you stay away from the 18-22 range we are fine :p

Speaking of which, I got the phone number of a gorgeous mexican girl who seemed pretty excited about meeting. I also have a date rhis Friday with other girl that looks really damn cute.

I've been having kind of fun with this site.

Lol I well actually my original group range was 24-30. But the ladies around my age just don't seem like my thing. So I changed it to 20-30 now.

Paper Fox

Is Okcupid okay to find interesting people to talk to around the world ?

Just created an account and now sending a message to anyone with >70% match anywhere just to have nice chat.

A lot of profiles are nicely filled with contructive ideas and humour, makes me wanna make friends !

This is what I wanted to know as well. I ended up disabling my OKC profile because I didn't want to find dates, just interesting people to talk to. Even after I put an unflattering photo on my profile and stated "Please don't message me" and that I was already seeing someone, I still got messages from guys offering to bite my fanny.
I felt like I didn't want to get into a great/funny conversation with someone, then have to tell them "Oh, I just joined this site as a joke, I'm not interested in you at all".

kiryogi

Banned
Bring it then! Haha. I'm wondering if you already messaged the crazy girl I was talking a couple pages ago. If so, good luck!

Hrm which one is the crazy one again? I think I saw her and it looked familiar, so I was like nuhuh.

That aside, I have no game man lol. Thing is, finding a openly nerdy/geek girl or one with some mild interest at my age seems hard as hell. Either they don't admit it or its that my generation still sees gaming etc. As faux pas. Which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I've been getting the most success just by sending ridiculous as fuck messages. Maybe that works better with younger girls, but who knows.

I messaged a girl who would win: King Kong or Godzilla and from there we had a long ass conversation. Lol

kiryogi

Banned
I've been getting the most success just by sending ridiculous as fuck messages. Maybe that works better with younger girls, but who knows.

I messaged a girl who would win: King Kong or Godzilla and from there we had a long ass conversation. Lol

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if it's my approach or what. Maybe I should make less serious comments. I tend to craft it based off their profile somehow.

But case in point with someone recent I screwed up with. She actually had lots of gaming things on her profile and something Japan related. I actually got a reply from her and I was able to actually call her at least 3 times. It seemed like it was going well and we were set to meet sometime last weds. The next few days I tried calling her but no luck. (and this was based on the fact she was up for it the night before) I'm pretty sure I overdid it on trying to contact her. For some dumb reason, I just wanted to get weds figured out. I managed to get finally get in touch for a few minutes the night before, but I was @ work. She said it was OK to call her back later, and I did albeit late with no luck again. Anyway, she did finally reply back to me to a text I sent her the day of. (and before this we've never texted, but I decided to try it)

Now the funny thing is that I noticed a few days after, she edited all of the stuff out. So I imagine she was sick of dealing with that crowd. Maybe the competition in my age group is so massive for that kinda girl that it's overwhelming. Who knows D:

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
That aside, I have no game man lol. Thing is, finding a openly nerdy/geek girl or one with some mild interest at my age seems hard as hell. Either they don't admit it or its that my generation still sees gaming etc. As faux pas. Which I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Man that's weird. I randomly browsed Okcupid and looked around for girls 20-24 in a city that's a 1 hour drive away from me. And there was plenty of openly nerdy/geek girls from a quick glance on the site. I think it was at least 7 out of the 16 profiles I browsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom