• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Got back from my "coffee" date. I use "coffee" because we ended up drinking cider.

Long story short, the date was awesome. She looked so great, we talked for a long while about personal lives (my school, her job, our families). She'd mentioned that this was her second OKC date, but that he was more of a "friend" than any things .

We've made plans to go on another date next weekend, and she seemed really enthusiastic about it (making me think I might be more than "friend" - at least right now). We hugged, and then we split. Better than I ever expected.

This is basically where I'm at. Tho we didn't bring up okc at all aside from some quib about her friends on there. We've been still emailing/texting/talking on the phone since. . She responded positively about going out a 2nd time too.

Ashodin

This is basically where I'm at. Tho we didn't bring up okc at all aside from some quib about her friends on there. We've been still emailing/texting/talking on the phone since. . She responded positively about going out a 2nd time too.

Awesome bro!

On my side of things, holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I'm getting mad messages now. That is a result of sending witty, engaging messages to females who are of the sufficiently nerdy variety.

Friggz

Many years ago I messaged a girl who in one of her photos was in a Garfield costume, and I decided it would be amusing to write to her as if she actually was Garfield (she was not at all amused, but I was!).

my god...TEH FACE

i also remember this.

Movement

Damn that sucks hardcore bro. How did you move too fast exactly? I want deets, my man. Only if you're comfortable. If not, you can always throw me the PM.
Sex on the second date. She's still talking to me though, I'm probably just over thinking it all. She's going out of town for a week, so maybe it'll build tension for our next meet.

Ashodin

Sex on the second date. She's still talking to me though, I'm probably just over thinking it all. She's going out of town for a week, so maybe it'll build tension for our next meet.

Definitely. Keep it simple, ask her if you want to keep talking while she's out of town or whatever. I bet she really liked it bro.

crush7337

Banned

This almost happened to me with the girl I dated for a few months. Sex on second date and she was worried we were moving too fast. She said she wanted to get to know me better so we held off for a month before having it again. Just tell her you're okay with slowing things down and want to get to know her better (assuming you're fine with holding off on having sex again).

Looking back on it we were both glad we had sex that early, because in the month we didn't we still slept together, so that sexual tension wasn't there as much. She said it made her more comfortable knowing she could trust me.

And if it does work out for you, that next time you have sex, with all the build up, is pretty awesome.

Movement

This almost happened to me with the girl I dated for a few months. Sex on second date and she was worried we were moving too fast. She said she wanted to get to know me better so we held off for a month before having it again. Just tell her you're okay with slowing things down and want to get to know her better (assuming you're fine with holding off on having sex again).

Looking back on it we were both glad we had sex that early, because in the month we didn't we still slept together, so that sexual tension wasn't there as much. She said it made her more comfortable knowing she could trust me.

And if it does work out for you, that next time you have sex, with all the build up, is pretty awesome.

Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll bring it up if I see her again. What you said about the tension not being there will definitely be nice.

Just got back from the coffee date and it went pretty well. Would it come off too clingy if I sent a follow-up text tonight letting her know I had a good time? Not scheduling a second date, mind you. Will do that later.

Vidocq

Neo Member
Just got back from the coffee date and it went pretty well. Would it come off too clingy if I sent a follow-up text tonight letting her know I had a good time? Not scheduling a second date, mind you. Will do that later.

Not at all. It makes it clear that you enjoyed yourself. Just don't send like a hundred texts or anything.

Crownjo

After removing all the negative stuff from my profile and decided to start fresh it really does wonders.

One girl messages me introducing herself plus she loves video games.

Movement

After removing all the negative stuff from my profile and decided to start fresh it really does wonders.

One girl messages me introducing herself plus she loves video games.

It's always nice when a girl messages you first. I feel like it takes away some of the responsibility of planning everything.
So, you're going to schedule a video game date then, right?!

Crownjo

It's always nice when a girl messages you first. I feel like it takes away some of the responsibility of planning everything.
So, you're going to schedule a video game date then, right?!

I gotta talk to her more and know her better before I make such plans. Rushing it is never a good idea.
Anyways see I had a harsh dating life, I don't really share my private life but you guys are cool so it would be nice to share it.

I remember I think it was around 2008 or 2009 I met this girl at a birthday party at my friends house. We talked and we would call each other. We went out to the mall for a bit and hugged and kissed. Then she was nice enough to drop me off home. Then of course she threw me out because I didn't have a awesome job or sorts.

Now she does have that right but she was never really supportive or gave me motivation to get a job or even start one. Then a friend I know that knows her said she was a guy hopper so I was happy that I broke up quick.

Second one was a long distance relationship and was the one that made me bitter and made me into a very big misogyny person.

We talked for years then she wanted to visit me for the holidays back in 2010. Then she got xbox live and it was cool so we can play games together. But in the party chat her actual boyfriend came and it pissed me off to no end. She had someone the whole time!

tl dr version: Life gives you lemons.

Maddocks

life does give you lemons, girl I hit on awhile back who pretty much shat on me just now came back into my life and in a positive way. I finally got over thinking of her and now shes back acting nice to me.

guess ill make lemonade.

I got burned so many times in person, that online dating is kinda burn free for me. which is why I use it, the past molds us for the future. Maybe the online dating will burn me enough to get me back to bars lol doubt it though.

Movement

It's understandable Crown, I think a lot of us here can relate to the bad dating history. Thanks for sharing some of your experiences.

I've never been in a relationship longer than a couple months, and my biggest problem is communicating to my partner how I feel emotionally and also what I want out of our relationship.

Long distance dating never goes well, at least from all cases I've seen or heard of. That's messed up she had a boyfriend the whole time. Good thing you found out before you spent a ton of money to see her.

But, alas, I'm still really shocked I found such an awesome girl on OkC and things might maybe just work. Just shows that you never know. I hate how my anxiety is constantly nagging at me, even when things are going well for me. It's like I just can't relax and enjoy things.

dralla

It's really weird, sometimes you see a profile and each of the pictures looks like a different person, sometimes they look attractive and other times not so much, hmm. I wonder if people think the same about mine

It sucks being sprung. Girl and I already agreed to get a drink after Christmas, and I have her number already, but it is taking all my willpower not to overtext.

The dialogue is just so good, it feels like I'm in some kind of 40s movie with Greta Garbo and shit where they just rapid-fire quips back and forth.

Ashhong

Heh, went to a bar and this girl that I talked to before on okc approached me asking if I'm on okc and making small talk. Pretty weird...didn't know what to say, especially since we were both in big groups.

kiryogi

Banned
It sucks being sprung. Girl and I already agreed to get a drink after Christmas, and I have her number already, but it is taking all my willpower not to overtext.

The dialogue is just so good, it feels like I'm in some kind of 40s movie with Greta Garbo and shit where they just rapid-fire quips back and forth.

Haha yeah its so hard. So far doing pretty good tho . Only sending texts when need be. I'm trying my best to keep our communication mainly in person or on the phone.

Ashhong

I dont understand. Text. Text as your heart desires. Especially if she responds positively

Has also happened to me. Feels weird man.

I really should have invited her to sit or something. Maybe see if she wanted a drink. I mean, we were at a damn bar! I even saw her again in the parking lot and she yelled out bye to me. I want to talk to her but her account is deactivated lol. Oh well...

Chibits12

Banned
Started an OKCupid account again yesterday. I checked it this morning and two ladies have visited my site with one rating me 4 out of 5. I guess I need to step it up even more by looking to see who I could really get along with.

Huh, so there's a forum on okcupid:
http://www.okcupid.com/forum
Kinda renders this thread obsolete, bye nerds!

Their blog is kinda interesting as well.

xGDPw.png

1gslS.png

:O

hkHfw.png

Proof that vegetarians are generally better people.

Oh hey a second poster coming in to basically offer nothing. Not everyone wants to discuss these things directly on OKC.

I have nothing to discuss atm. - just thought some people might be interested in knowing that there is a forum there since they don't link to it anywhere + there's even more than one female on it :O

Just got a message from some girl that either A: has to be a fake profile or B: Is looking for a fuck buddy.
Did you reverse searched her pic?

I have nothing to discuss atm. - just thought some people might be interested in knowing that there is a forum there since they don't link to it anywhere + there's even more than one female on it :O

There's a forum there sure, I'm sure it's just as great as the moderator sections.

Said girl that I was sprung for. Sent text joke about getting 12 days of atheist matches on okcupid that seemed more like 12 days of people who prove god does not exist.

Thought it was pretty funny, and right up her alley based on previous conversations, plus her first line of profile is about loving dark humor and shit.

No response four hours later. Womp womp.

Have to lock myself down and cut off all contact (at least that I initiate) until like the 27th or something for the agreed-upon "after christmas" drink.

Got caught pressing/fixating, I guess.

Ashhong

Not sure what you mean but I put the url into TinEye (just googled it) and that came up with nothing. I looked at the url myself and it doesn't seem fishy. Is there something else to try?

Go to images.google.com and drag the picture into the search bar. Better results than TinEye.

Go to images.google.com and drag the picture into the search bar. Better results than TinEye.

Well besides the fact that there are a ton of photos of girl with the same shade of hair as her, same color wood in the background, and the same pose, I didn't see any duplicates. Pretty creepy though.

EDIT: I mean't tons of photos of different girls.

Chibits12

Banned
Logged on Okcupid for the 2nd day. Got a message from a pretty cute girl saying that I'm a cute guy. We messaged back and forth and gave me her cell number. I guess it's heading into the right direction? We'll see on day three.

jdogmoney

I've just made a profile, largely because I keep seeing this thread pop up a lot. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good idea; I've been meaning to get back into the dating game, so to speak, but I'm not really one for going out to bars and such just to meet people. Fingers crossed.

How many of those questions do most people answer?

Maddocks

I have answered 3333 questions. One guy actually answered 24k questions. So no idea when it actually ends. You only need to answer 75 to unlock things on the site, but I would say go above and beyond that to make sure you get the best possible answer. You can even answer all of them privately so no one can read your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom