• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Ok, I think officially I can only tolerate using OKC. POF/Match/gk2gk are absolutely urgh. I feel moderately safe on OKC in comparison.

Nah that girl was more like "she might be what I need" or something to that effect. Turns out nope.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but this was only a month ago:

I guess? Another quick update from me?

She's totally my girlfriend and she loves the hell out of me. And I love the hell out of her too.

I think I finally found the one, guys.

I'm pretty sure you've said you've found the one a couple of other times as well, but I might be mis-remembering.

Ashhong

Yea I'm not hating Ashodin, more power to you to find such great matches easily. I just find it amusing and it warms my cold lonely heart.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
As someone stuck in work today with nothing going on, this thread makes a great read.

I split with my girl friend 6 months ago, I am tempted to give this online dating lark ago.

DrBo42

Next crazy update

this is all real I SHIT YOU NOT

Girls on okcupid go nowhere

Girls on POF go nowhere

The girl I was dating is kinda flaking off, whatever, let's just be friends (ok cool)

Girl from gk2gk.

We start talking. really talking. Find out so many things about us click. Line up.

She and I talk until nearly the sun comes up.

We talk again the next night. She is enamored with me so much she wants to

BUY A FUCKING PLANE TICKET FOR ME TO COME SEE HER.

She reassures me that it is okay, and says I wouldn't be taking advantage of her. She apparently has a cushion-y job that allows her to have gobs of disposable money. So being that I have no strings to tie me down here any more (broke up with that girl), I accept.

She wants me to come see her next month.

The lowdown: she's super nerdy, into MMOs, clingy (just like me), and passionate to the core. She is incredibly selfless, genuinely wants to care for me when I told her about my skin conditions that I have, and is grateful she ever found me. I'm not into taking people's money (never have been), but after talking with her the past couple days, I can't ignore the unmistakable comfort and attraction between us over the phone/internet. It's like pieces of me fit pieces of her and vice versa. She's said that no one has made her felt the way I make her feel, and it's something she's been wanting for a long time. She's said things to me NO OTHER GIRL has ever said to me. EVER. Things I've always wanted to hear.

I really think this could be it, guys.

I think you're talking to somewhere that wants to wear your face as a mask. So many warning signs screaming abort.

Next crazy update

Girls on POF go nowhere

The girl I was dating is kinda flaking off, whatever, let's just be friends (ok cool)

Girl from gk2gk.

We start talking. really talking. Find out so many things about us click. Line up.

She reassures me that it is okay, and says I wouldn't be taking advantage of her. She apparently has a cushion-y job that allows her to have gobs of disposable money. So being that I have no strings to tie me down here any more (broke up with that girl), I accept.

The lowdown: she's super nerdy, into MMOs, clingy (just like me), and passionate to the core. She is incredibly selfless, genuinely wants to care for me when I told her about my skin conditions that I have, and is grateful she ever found me. I'm not into taking people's money (never have been), but after talking with her the past couple days, I can't ignore the unmistakable comfort and attraction between us over the phone/internet. It's like pieces of me fit pieces of her and vice versa. She's said that no one has made her felt the way I make her feel, and it's something she's been wanting for a long time. She's said things to me NO OTHER GIRL has ever said to me. EVER. Things I've always wanted to hear.

It feels like I hear this from one you at least once a month.

FairyD

Next crazy update

Girls on POF go nowhere

Girl from gk2gk.

I demand daily, nay, hourly updates on this.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Next crazy update

Girls on POF go nowhere

Girl from gk2gk.

This is seriously one of the creepiest things I've ever read regarding online dating.

Or are you joking?

I thought Ashodin was a joke character. I just can't take any of those "stories" coupled with that avatar seriously. Sorry , i'm not hating. More power to you brutha

Ashodin

I love you guys so much hahaha

geek2geek is a pay site, yes. Somehow I got a free month out of it (some weird thing with their paypal where they tried to charge it to paypal, but it set up a subscription, and I immediately canceled it upon them setting it up, but the site still thinks I paid). If it weren't for that I wouldn't have met this girl.

electricshake: that post, the first two sentences should have been a clue to anyone that I wasn't really feeling the relationship and I was settling. I'm so glad I didn't, however.

Devo: I thrive in clingy relationships. I don't think anyone could get any more clingy than I get with women (I have been trying to not be so clingy to open my relationship options, the previous girl I was with was my attempt at a very non-clingy relationship). It usually ruins my relationships, sure, but it's also possible that I have yet to meet my match (or equal). I'm going to find out if this girl fits the bill.

And we've been talking since before Christmas. Like I said, the girl only wants to SEE me, not "I'm moving to her state lol" or "I'm going to visit and never leave"!

Worst comes to worst she is too much for me or turns into Basic Instinct and I get the hell back home and escape safely.

Loona

Worst comes to worst she is too much for me or turns into Basic Instinct and I get the hell back home and escape safely.

Even if she buys your ticket and you pay for your return trip, how do you reach the airport if you end up locked in a bsement or something? "Before christmas" doesn't seem like that lobg a tine, pay sites might have a sunk cost fallacy factor to them, but this is odd... Don't do anything rash without letting some famiky and friends know...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Next crazy update

Girls on POF go nowhere

Girl from gk2gk.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONGG FUUICKKKKK

Even if she buys your ticket and you pay for your return trip, how do you reach the airport if you end up locked in a bsement or something? "Before christmas" doesn't seem like that lobg a tine, pay sites might have a sunk cost fallacy factor to them, but this is odd... Don't do anything rash without letting some famiky and friends know...

I immediately disregard anyone's opinion when they say something like the bolded.

Ashodin

She's sending me a check with her money for a roundtrip ticket. This girl is incredibly enamored with me.

She lives in an apartment with a roommate.

Like I said before, I have no ill intentions, and I'm quite enamored with her too especially only after a couple of days. She wants me to come up to see her sometime next month, so it won't be like I'm leaving immediately to be there. It'll be close to a month since we've first talked.

I'm not going to leave without letting my family know first, of course. I'll keep in contact with them and this thread while I'm there.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONGG FUUICKKKKK

It's fucking insane to me that you guys think this is the right way to go about things. Read back a few pages, he does this every month, the stories getting progressively more "OMG SO CRAZY GUYS."

What this girl is offering to do is not healthy, and (as some of you remember, I have experience with girls from online with mental health issues) reeks of behavior that comes with a manic state.

Ashodin

I could just not talk about the stuff that goes on in my online relationships. Considering that this is a thread for them where I can get opinions and advice on what I'm doing (and offer the same to like-minded), why wouldn't I post in here? Some people get enjoyment out of what I'm doing, others use it as a tool to avoid doing what I'm doing.

The point is that I'm enriching the thread by posting in it rather than abstaining.

The only times you don't see me post for stretches at a time is when A) I forget to post because I'm having a wonderful time in my relationship or B) I genuinely forget about the thread

mj1108

She's sending me a check with her money for a roundtrip ticket. This girl is incredibly enamored with me.

She lives in an apartment with a roommate.

Like I said before, I have no ill intentions, and I'm quite enamored with her too especially only after a couple of days. She wants me to come up to see her sometime next month, so it won't be like I'm leaving immediately to be there. It'll be close to a month since we've first talked.

I'm not going to leave without letting my family know first, of course. I'll keep in contact with them and this thread while I'm there.

I'm sorry but that chick sounds insane.

Maddocks

just do it. nothing holding you back. sure people have doubts but who cares. Congratulations. You found someone you connect with on every level and is what you want. Enjoy yourself.

bud

Next crazy update

Girls on POF go nowhere

Girl from gk2gk.

have you seen and heard this girl on camera or did you just see a picture and only had a text chat?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I am thinking about asking her to Skype. I've seen pictures and heard her voice already though.

Why are you only thinking about it? That's like the closest thing to actually meeting someone. Gives you a feel for how she is in real life. Do it, man.

Maddocks

he said he texts and calls her. Gets a round trip ticket. Endless sex and blowies and connects with her and their shared clingyness. Treat yo self.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It's fucking insane to me that you guys think this is the right way to go about things. Read back a few pages, he does this every month, the stories getting progressively more "OMG SO CRAZY GUYS."

What this girl is offering to do is not healthy, and (as some of you remember, I have experience with girls from online with mental health issues) reeks of behavior that comes with a manic state.

Who the fuck cares, he's getting pussy and I'm not. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/DGrapsas

GabDX

Banned
Who the fuck cares, he's getting pussy and I'm not. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/DGrapsas

I would remove "Females" as one the things you could never do without. A close up picture of a face rarely helps. Also, maybe it's just me but I don't like when girls have a picture of themselves with a guy who could more than just a friend. Maybe girls don't like it either but what do I know.

The rest is good in my opinion. Try sending more interesting messages.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I would remove "Females" as one the things you could never do without. A close up picture of a face rarely helps. Also, maybe it's just me but I don't like when girls have a picture of themselves with a guy who could more than just a friend. Maybe girls don't like it either but what do I know.

The rest is good in my opinion. Try sending more interesting messages.

Done. Now I have to find a good looking picture of mine.

crush7337

Banned
For one, I enjoy Ashodin's stories. I still remember the first one from July where he attempted to cook a girl dinner and instead just had sex with her about 10 times. Thought he was in love and then she broke up like a week later. Always enjoyable in some form so hopefully this one has a better ending to it.

Better than my stories of dating for a few weeks/months then breaking up or getting stood up at bars.

As for me, that girl never contacted me back so whatever. Messaged 7 girls last night and got 4 replies. 2 of them went for the Pizza/sushi question. Works so well when you just drop it into the end of a message. Not expecting much of any of them at this point, based on how my past 2 weeks have went, but I'll see where it goes.

crush7337

Banned
I've had the worst luck as of late. Hitting it off with this girl and then she reveals that she's moving to Vermont next week (I'm in NJ). She said if she wasn't moving she would have definitely wanted to meet up.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I haven't been on the site or sent any messages in a while since I've been talking to a couple of different people off site now. Noticed I got a message today so I jumped on to check it out. Looked her profile out, not much on there but her message did say she just setup an account. Pic was cute too. Weird thing was after I viewed her profile, I went back to reply to the message and it was gone. WTF just happened?

maverick40

Man it must be an american thing or something but can you not just go to a club and get a nice girl there?

Internet sites are not healthy plus going to clubs/bars will increase your confidence.

Oh and that clingy trait of yours isn't a good thing, you need to keep that in check. Chicks will like that up to a certain point and will then eventually get turned off it.

crush7337

Banned
Man it must be an american thing or something but can you not just go to a club and get a nice girl there?

Internet sites are not healthy plus going to clubs/bars will increase your confidence.

Oh and that clingy trait of yours isn't a good thing, you need to keep that in check. Chicks will like that up to a certain point and will then eventually get turned off it.

Some of us use it to supplement meeting people in real life also. I've had better relationships off OKC than I have from meeting girls at bars. Girls at clubs/bars usually just end up being a hook up for me and that's it. That's fine and all if that's what you're looking for, but at this point I'd rather a girlfriend.

And I'd say this site has definitely increased my confidence over the past few months. I'm a lot more flirty and chatty with girls I meet in real life and I'd say that's because getting some good dates through OKCupid has increased my confidence.

Maddocks

clubs and bars are for hookups and one night stands. The type of girl you meet at the club, you wouldn't want a relationship with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom