• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quickmatch is the best at being a nice icebreaker. 4 star a cute girl and bam it sends them to your profile. I have gotten more messages from just that then I ever have blind messaging.

How many girls on OKC even pay for the A-List features, would you say? I've never bothered with the ratings just because I don't see the point when they won't even know who it was that rated them highly.

i couldnt see a reason to ever give a 5 star, unless you're ego feeding. i have the feeling that a 4 star is the good but not perfect, like i'd never give a video game 10/10 5/5 etc

That's really not the way ratings should work. If a 9/10 is the highest you would ever give something, wouldn't that just become something unattainable after a while? Would you start refusing to go above 8/10 and so on? The highest ranks don't equate to being perfect, because perfection doesn't exist. They just mean "Best in Class" or whatever.

Filters regarding what? Sometimes the untamed ones are the ones you can go the farthest with.

Some people just like to talk loudly about wild subjects in the most inappropriate of places. I can understand how that can grate on someone they are out with in a public place. This girl who asked me out on Date My School was kind of like that. Sometimes it is good to have a filter when out in the world. Speaking of which, I think I've had much more luck with Date My School than I have with OKC. Maybe it's because the ladies on there are much more forward about asking the guys out. Fits with my way of doing things just right.

Maddocks

quickmatch ratings work differently. If you rate a profile you find while doing a search based on match % and rate it 4-5 stars, then it needs A-list. But if you rate 4-5 stars in quickmatch it emails them saying,"this person thinks highly of you" no A-list required.

Aegus

So I rewrote my profile today and messaged a girl.

Her profile said she liked Stargate so this was my opener.

Hi,

You seem interesting so I was wondering if you wanted to chat?

[My Name]

ps. Your liking of Stargate made it very difficult to not open with "Chevron locked on your profile" or something equally geekish.

Talking to her now, so thanks Stargate if I meet someone...

Found a girl last night dressed as Princess Bubblegum, and all I said in my message was that
the answer was "4."

Very odd message today.

d37Mh.jpg

Ashodin

Okay this girl is awesome. She went out and bought a humidifier and is grabbing snacks to prepare for my arrival. This sounds like it's going to be amazing.

y2dvd

Filters regarding what? Sometimes the untamed ones are the ones you can go the farthest with.

The stuff she says. Like she can't drop a joke or let go of a certain topic or is insensitive to certain subjects. She was better about it when I told her she needs to calm down on this during lunch.

As long as Ashodin has web-cam chat with this woman to ensure legitimacy and she doesn't suddenly ask him for $1500 not to be deported back to Fakegeria, then it should be fine. I look forward to reading this thread come January 11th. We must get updates!

Ashodin

As long as Ashodin has web-cam chat with this woman to ensure legitimacy and she doesn't suddenly ask him for $1500 not to be deported back to Fakegeria, then it should be fine. I look forward to reading this thread come January 11th. We must get updates!

It shall be glorious

Jhoan

Speaking of which, I think I've had much more luck with Date My School than I have with OKC. Maybe it's because the ladies on there are much more forward about asking the guys out. Fits with my way of doing things just right.

Wait, you've had success on Date My School?! That site's always getting advertised at my college all the time. I always see ads on bulletin boards, pasted on bathroom stall doors, and in stair cases.

Wait, you've had success on Date My School?! That site's always getting advertised at my college all the time. I always see ads on bulletin boards, pasted on bathroom stall doors, and in stair cases.

Well, success for me generally just means that I'm the one being asked out. I've gone on a few dates with girls on DMS that didn't go that badly. Unfortunately, the girls just lived a little too far from me for it to be worth continuing.

crush7337

Banned
Maddocks you are a genius. Rated a few people highly on Quickmatch earlier today. Got 2 mutual 4/5 star ratings back and one of the girls even messaged me (just a simple "Hey, how's it going?"), but she's really cute.

Ashodin

Maddocks you are a genius. Rated a few people highly on Quickmatch earlier today. Got 2 mutual 4/5 star ratings back and one of the girls even messaged me (just a simple "Hey, how's it going?"), but she's really cute.

quickmatch is glorious.

My girl just told me to bank the money she sent me for the plane ticket. WAT

Maddocks

I never steer my okc brothers and sisters wrong.

Ultima_5

i couldnt see a reason to ever give a 5 star, unless you're ego feeding. i have the feeling that a 4 star is the good but not perfect, like i'd never give a video game 10/10 5/5 etc

Then what's the damn point of having a 10 or 5 on your scale.

Az987

all good things
So if I'm a tad crazy and I start seeing a girl who's just as crazy or more our crazyness cancels each others out, right?

I saw someone had something about being stressed out in their profile so I told them what I do when I'm stressed and they told me thanks I'll try it. I guess I figured she wasnt interested so I told her to have a good night and she replied with you too.

Then a few minutes later I get a message asking me when I go to sleep to think of her so she can be in my dreams with me. Ruh roh scooby doo I think she may have some baggage.

Jhoan

Well, success for me generally just means that I'm the one being asked out. I've gone on a few dates with girls on DMS that didn't go that badly. Unfortunately, the girls just lived a little too far from me for it to be worth continuing.

It doesn't matter; success is success either way so that's good. It sucks about the whole distance thing though. EDIT: I bit the bullet and registered. The only thing that scares me is that since I work for the student government, people might recognize from the website.

Maddocks

So if I'm a tad crazy and I start seeing a girl who's just as crazy or more our crazyness cancels each others out, right?

I saw someone had something about being stressed out in their profile so I told them what I do when I'm stressed and they told me thanks I'll try it. I guess I figured she wasnt interested so I told her to have a good night and she replied with you too.

Then a few minutes later I get a message asking me when I go to sleep to think of her so she can be in my dreams with me. Ruh roh scooby doo I think she may have some baggage.

counter with super creepy, like how you dream of bathwater dripping upwards. Wait that's a bad idea.

Az987

all good things
counter with super creepy, like how you dream of bathwater dripping upwards. Wait that's a bad idea.

Lol I told her it would be better if I was in her dreams because I hardly remember mine and she said ok but I have to take her hand so I can find her in her dreams because she's afraid.

I asked what shes afraid of and she told shes been having bad nightmares with a guy chasing her with a knife or some shit.

So I told her I'd come protect her and to message me tomorrow to let me know how our first date went.

Maddocks

Lol I told her it would be better if I was in her dreams because I hardly remember mine and she said ok but I have to take her hand so I can find her in her dreams because she's afraid.

I asked what shes afraid of and she told shes been having bad nightmares with a guy chasing her with a knife or some shit.

So I told her I'd come protect her and to message me tomorrow to let me know how our first date went.

lol cancel out the crazy.

Ashodin

I'm not sure you want to put your dick in that kind of cray-cray.

This girl man. THIS GIRL. She wants me to meet her parents while I'm there. Sure why not!

Meatfist

What's the absolute worst case scenario? Murder-suicide? Bah!

Go for it!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I feel kind of bad for her.... or she is trolling the fuck out of you.

Ashhong

TOO MUCH CRAY

Az987

all good things
She sent me message saying that her dream wasn't as bad because she felt I was standing behind her in the distance in it but she woke up every hour.

Then she asked how my dream was and I said it was restless because we weren't in mine we were in hers and maybe tonight she can come to mine.

She said she would love to. I said sounds good, and asked what should we do in my dreams?

I'm feeling bad just typing this conversation for you guys.

She sent me message saying that her dream wasn't as bad because she felt I was standing behind her in the distance in it but she woke up every hour.

Then she asked how my dream was and I said it was restless because we weren't in mine we were in hers and maybe tonight she can come to mine.

She said she would love to. I said sounds good, and asked what should we do in my dreams?

I'm feeling bad just typing this conversation for you guys.
Tell her that it's easier to share a dreamscape when you're both in the same bed. I'm a scientist.

Aegus

Follow up on this.

I think I possibly offended her. She asked me to guess her last name (this is after she told me where she works and stuff) and she'd give me a penny if I got it right. Anyways I guessed Smith because it's fairly common last name. And kinda mentioned that it's common to her.

No reply.

Just leave it for a few days or move on? Felt like we were getting on okay I think.

Aegus

Hindsight is a lovely thing.

I do a have a tendency to say the most obvious thing without thinking about it even though it's probably not the thing the person wants to hear.

Wazzim

Banned
Follow up on this.

I think I possibly offended her. She asked me to guess her last name (this is after she told me where she works and stuff) and she'd give me a penny if I got it right. Anyways I guessed Smith because it's fairly common last name. And kinda mentioned that it's common to her.

No reply.

Just leave it for a few days or move on? Felt like we were getting on okay I think.
That's nothing to be offended about lol, maybe she's just busy.

Hey guys, I recently updated my profile because I've noticed that even though lots of cool girls visit my profile, they never message me. Is there anything on there that might be off putting? Thanks in advance!
It's really, really basic and cliche. You seem good and positive, but everyone says "I'm a great person who listens well and likes fun." Make yourself stand out.

Throw in a little bit of legit humor and were more clear about who you really are. I'd also drop the "no drama" part. No one thinks they're dramatic, and it makes you seem like you have baggage.

_Ph03n1x_

took a little break from OKC but I decided to come back. Looking for some advice on my profile. Ratings are also appreciated
Quote for profile link:

RyuHayate

I'd also drop the "no drama" part. No one thinks they're dramatic, and it makes you seem like you have baggage.

No baggage here; I just don't want any unnecessary bullshit in my life. No one might like to be called dramatic, but there are most certainly people who thrive on drama day in and day out.

But, I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for the tips!

So...I have an interesting story to tell you guys. I had been talking to this girl on the site for a couple of weeks. We couldn't meet up because we were both out of town for the holidays. We sorta talked about meeting up last night at her favorite place to dance, but we didn't. We were gonna meet up this afternoon.

So I call her at 1 to ask her if she wants to meet up still. She says she lost her voice the night before and would rather wait to have our first date when she can talk and suggests tomorrow. I say I can't really because I want to see my little from Big Brothers Big Sisters since I haven't seen him for a month and I also need to get ready for the work week and suggest next weekend.

I see her on the site a little while ago and I IM her and ask her how her night was. She proceeds to tell me that she made out with a guy that couldn't speak English on the dance floor and that's why she didn't invite me to go out dancing. Because she would be "too horny" and didn't want to go that fast on the first night. Then she tells me she had her FWB over after dancing and that's how she lost her voice.

I'm not even mad because we haven't even met, but I was like "WTF". She asks if I still want to go on a date. Which was an even bigger wtf. I tell her I"m not mad, we aren't even dating, but that I've lost complete interest. She then says that she doesn't answer to me and that she still wants to see me but the ball is in my court. I say no thanks and delete her from Facebook.

I mean, I'm not sure how to explain to someone "You didn't go out with me today because last night you were with two seperate guys. Yeah, we aren't dating, but that's still way too fucking weird for me, especially since we were supposed to go out today".

Ashodin

I had been talking to this guy on the site for a couple of weeks. We couldn't meet up because we were both out of town for the holidays. We sorta talked about meeting up last night at her favorite place to dance, but we didn't. We were gonna meet up this afternoon.

Tell us the -real- story.

Actually reading the entire story, that is hilarious. She's trying to add you as a notch under her belt.

Tell us the -real- story.

Actually reading the entire story, that is hilarious. She's trying to add you as a notch under her belt.

Damn, you caught the edit. LOL. But as far as I knew, she was a girl. I mean we didn't meet, but that's some weird ass shit to saying to a guy right before a first date. And actually if she was trying to do that, she could have just invited me out last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom