• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

The biggest advantage is knowing who rated you highly. You obviously have a much better chance with them. You'll be wasting less time with people who don't find you attractive.

Yeah, that's an advantage too. How much is it again?

Az987

all good things
So usually when I get a good back and fourth going and I run out of things to talk about I'll ask a lady "so what do you want to talk about?" followed with a "whats on your mind?"

And in the back of my mind I'm thinking say sex say sex say sex say sex.

and you know what happens sometimes? They say sex!

Do you guys do that?

Az987

all good things
Neat, I just had a guy send me a chat pop up message on okc. That's the first time Ive ever gotten one and it was from a guy who is bisexual.

Maddocks

So usually when I get a good back and fourth going and I run out of things to talk about I'll ask a lady "so what do you want to talk about?" followed with a "whats on your mind?"

And in the back of my mind I'm thinking say sex say sex say sex say sex.

and you know what happens sometimes? They say sex!

Do you guys do that?

Yup. both times it actually worked very well. I found myself wanting to talk to them more but not about sex because we got sex out of the way pretty soon. So we then moved on to our lives and it works out for the better I believe. Breaking that sexual tension.

Ohwiseone

So, I do not what happend, but I currently am conversing with 3 girls.

Seriously, all I did was change my Introduction when I Message them and they replied.

I feel like a total idiot.

crush7337

Banned
Wasn't that excited about the date I had this afternoon, but it turned out the exact opposite. Had a great time and so did she. Conversation flowed real well. I do wonder if she was a little intimidated because at the start she couldn't keep eye contact with me and then seem surprised (but excited) that I was interested in seeing her again. Maybe she thinks I'm out of her league? Seeing her next weekend for some dinner and drinks though.

Holidays must have had an effect on people because in addition to her I've got 4 other conversations on the site. Now I know some probably won't go out with me, or end up finding better guys while we're dating, but I'm excited (and kind of overwhelmed) to say the least. At least 2 of them are into the idea of open relationships, so if it comes down to them I could theoretically see both.

Az987

all good things
Any tips for messaging women? I've yet to come with anything clever or funny from most profiles.

Really? I can pull something completely out of my ass on OKC. POF is a lot harder because they don't ask questions in the profile.

One girl for what she was good at had shes good at untying knots so I sent her this.

Hello there. Have I got a proposition for you! So I see you are good at unknotting things and it just so happens I am amazing at tying things in knots!

So I think we could start a business where I sneak into peoples houses, tie everything they own in a knot and then you just so happen to be in the same area to offer your services! Well be rich!!!!

She replied with

ha... i could give that a try. Why pass up the potential to aquire copious amounts of cash.

You know its good when you pull it from really far down in your ass lol. I'm bored. That's my tip.

Necrovex

Thanks! No reason not to try this out for a month. Most of my high ratings are from Gaffers, but I got a few from some ladies.

What's the real advantage of A-List?

Change your username
Anonymous profile visits (you can still see visitors)
Message a person with a full inbox
See who rated you 4-5 stars

I think that's it.

The bold is no longer the case. I tested this one out, and OKC still asked me to bribe them as an A-list user.

Any tips for messaging women? I've yet to come with anything clever or funny from most profiles.

There's no formula. It helps to show you read the profile and don't come off as being uneducated or only interested in sex, but beyond that it's just going to depend if they like your profile.

I've literally had a girl say I wrote her the best message she's ever gotten but never gotten a date out of it. I've also sent out bland messages that resulted in great sex/dates/etc.

Loona

One thing that came from this free period was discovering that the A-list "filter by questions" option in the search screen refers only to the amount of questions.
GUI-wise it would be tricky to be able to select any available question and preferred replies, but for folks in cities with lots of options that might actually be worth the money.

So, last follow up to that story I posted about the girl who postponed a date with me because she slept with another dude. Turns out, she is one of the non-Gaffers who rated me highly. LOL That makes the story even more awesome to me.

Ashodin

Fuck. This girl is fucking awesome.

If you haven't seen it already, this is us hanging out in SWTOR together

Jsvc1.png

Az987

all good things
So, last follow up to that story I posted about the girl who postponed a date with me because she slept with another dude. Turns out, she is one of the non-Gaffers who rated me highly. LOL That makes the story even more awesome to me.

lol what.

I've been dating someone I met off of adult friend finder for the past 8 months although I think it may have just ended. I have advice for everyone here, don't date people who are on sites to find casual sex.

Bleepey

lol what.

I've been dating someone I met off of adult friend finder for the past 8 months although I think it may have just ended. I have advice for everyone here, don't date people who are on sites to find casual sex.

Why would a girl pay for adult friend finder seems pointless. Also what went round, your relationship lasted a while.

Az987

all good things
Why would a girl pay for adult friend finder seems pointless. Also what went round, your relationship lasted a while.

I don't think she had to pay for it, its free for a basic membership.

But she slept with someone else! Shocker. A random dude. I guess guys like to think they're special. "Ha, I had sex with this girl the first night! Now we're together. Of course she'll never do that again."

She said we weren't in a committed relationship which is bullshit because we were not fuck buddies. I'd stay at her place every weekend since we met and sometimes the entire week. We'd talk on the phone every night when I wasn't there. We were basically together as much as we could be.

I told her I wanted to have sex with someone else to get back at her and she said "So you want to chea...err.. have sex with someone else to hurt me?" I guess she had a little Freudian slip because she was definitely about to say "cheat on me."

When I didn't automatically end it after I found out the next day she told me she felt closer to me because she thought we worked through it. It was like the ultimate stab in the back, you betraying me brings you closer to me! How nice.

Then she told me if I found a job near her I could move into her place. Then we had a huge fight and I guess its not officially over yet but according to her we were never really together in the first place.

Ashodin

But she slept with someone else! Shocker. A random dude. I guess guys like to think they're special. "Ha, I had sex with this girl the first night! Now we're together. Of course she'll never do that again."

She said we weren't in a committed relationship which is bullshit because we were not fuck buddies. I'd stay at her place every weekend since we met and sometimes the entire week. We'd talk on the phone every night when I wasn't there. We were basically together as much as we could be.

I told her I wanted to have sex with someone else to get back at her and she said "So you want to chea...err.. have sex with someone else to hurt me?" I guess she had a little Freudian slip because she was definitely about to say "cheat on me."

When I didn't automatically end it after I found out the next day she told me she felt closer to me because she thought we worked through it. It was like the ultimate stab in the back, you betraying me brings you closer to me! How nice.

Then she told me if I found a job near her I could move into her place. Then we had a huge fight and I guess its not officially over yet but according to her we were never really together in the first place.

This sounds similar to the previous relationship I just ended before talking to this new girl. She didn't treat it as a real relationship until I tried to end it the first time, and then because of the "trauma of me leaving her" she wanted me back and said it brought her closer to me. When all I wanted to do was get the fuck away.

Blader

It's not a committed thing unless one of you explicitly says it's a committed thing.

Az987

all good things
It's not a committed thing unless one of you explicitly says it's a committed thing.

Yeah, I get that but she definitely confused the fuck out of me. Literally telling me different things every other day so I didn't know what to think. But you live you learn I guess.

This sounds similar to the previous relationship I just ended before talking to this new girl. She didn't treat it as a real relationship until I tried to end it the first time, and then because of the "trauma of me leaving her" she wanted me back and said it brought her closer to me. When all I wanted to do was get the fuck away.

Yeah, kind of like that. She even said she felt like she was trying to sabotage us on some level and now she thinks shes ready to be with me. Really?

Oh well.

Ashhong

Arent you the one having dream sex and looking for new girls on OKC? Why are you doing that when you are in (to you) a committed relationship? Why didn't you just settle down with this girl before she cheated on you?

I've had so many unsolicited messages this weekend. 5 dates lined up- but some simple coffee ones, some are hotel based ;)...One is with an awesome 37 year old. 2 kids, but she is aweeeesome

But I've been walking and getting along well with one chick, went for the big question and she replied with the usual "not been out with anyone- so I don't know"...Just makes me wonder what women expect men are on this site to do (lol not THAT), but take it as fact that we WILL ask you to meet up in the physical! And not carry on with 20 questions...

Sounds harsh, but meh!

NateDrake

Just had my first message from a guy. He shared a rather lengthy message and concluded asking me if I were bi. Kinda felt bad telling him I wasn't.

Az987

all good things
Arent you the one having dream sex and looking for new girls on OKC? Why are you doing that when you are in (to you) a committed relationship? Why didn't you just settle down with this girl before she cheated on you?

I started talking to that girl after I found out what happened with who I've been seeing. About a day.

I wasn't actively looking for other girls until after I found out that she had been with someone else. I still checked my messages and whatever though when I started to get a sense that she was lying to me but I wasn't looking for anything until I found out.

Haven't had much (any) luck the last time I poked around on the site, but figured I'd give it another shot--mind any feedback/criticism? Can 5 star anyone who doesn't mind taking a look.

Quote:

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Damn, kind of disappointed right now. The one girl I was actually having luck with (we'd been messaging for a few weeks and I was working to set up a date. She wanted to chat more) closed her account. She's the best luck I've had on this site in a year.

Don't know what else to do on here now, I've yet to get a date. My messages usually result in one of two things:
1. Girl replies back once or twice, then never again.
2. Girl looks at my profile and never messages at all.

Agh. So frustrating when even online dating won't work.

HeySeuss

Why don't you just text her? Messaging for a few weeks you should have her number by now. If you didn't, she probably gave up waiting on you to ask for it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why don't you just text her? Messaging for a few weeks you should have her number by now. If you didn't, she probably gave up waiting on you to ask for it.

She was playing it pretty slow, so maybe she just didn't care anyways. Didn't want to do a number yet nor meet quite yet. She said her last date from the site went pretty badly.

Who knows. On to the next one, if there ever is one.

Aegus

I feel bad. Signed up on POF. Got a "So and so wants to meet up" about 5 minutes later.

Took one look at her picture, went UGHHH and closed the entire browser down. I don't like that you don't get a percentage on POF for matches either like OKC.

Speaking of OKC when do you guys feel you should ask if they're up for IM? I have to resist the urge to write lots in a single message.

Ugh, might just give up with this girl now...

me asking to take her for a coffee/drink said:
Um I'm not too sure if I'm honest. Haven't met anyone on here before so it wouldn't be right away :)

me asking her to tell me more about herself said:
There's nothing else lol ask me if u wana know something else. I hate that question lol

me asking her for a number said:
Sorry but can we just stick to this. I'm not one to give out my number

Ovid

I'd end it. Not worth the time or effort.

Does she ask you questions? If not, then that's a sign that she's not that into you.

Ashhong

Ugh, might just give up with this girl now...

Do you enjoy talking to her? She just seems very hesitant with the whole online stranger thing. I wouldn't hold it against her that she doesn't want to give her number or go out. If she's not that engaging though, dump it.

I feel bad. Signed up on POF. Got a "So and so wants to meet up" about 5 minutes later.

Took one look at her picture, went UGHHH and closed the entire browser down. I don't like that you don't get a percentage on POF for matches either like OKC.

Speaking of OKC when do you guys feel you should ask if they're up for IM? I have to resist the urge to write lots in a single message.

Happens to me all the time on POF. Never on okc though lol. I'd rather ask for their number than IM

Maddocks

had a date on Sunday, went great. she said she wanted to go out again. She's vanished off the earth. Guess thats her way of saying no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom