• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I have an interesting story to tell you guys. I had been talking to this girl on the site for a couple of weeks. We couldn't meet up because we were both out of town for the holidays. We sorta talked about meeting up last night at her favorite place to dance, but we didn't. We were gonna meet up this afternoon.

So I call her at 1 to ask her if she wants to meet up still. She says she lost her voice the night before and would rather wait to have our first date when she can talk and suggests tomorrow. I say I can't really because I want to see my little from Big Brothers Big Sisters since I haven't seen him for a month and I also need to get ready for the work week and suggest next weekend.

I see her on the site a little while ago and I IM her and ask her how her night was. She proceeds to tell me that she made out with a guy that couldn't speak English on the dance floor and that's why she didn't invite me to go out dancing. Because she would be "too horny" and didn't want to go that fast on the first night. Then she tells me she had her FWB over after dancing and that's how she lost her voice.

I'm not even mad because we haven't even met, but I was like "WTF". She asks if I still want to go on a date. Which was an even bigger wtf. I tell her I"m not mad, we aren't even dating, but that I've lost complete interest. She then says that she doesn't answer to me and that she still wants to see me but the ball is in my court. I say no thanks and delete her from Facebook.

I mean, I'm not sure how to explain to someone "You didn't go out with me today because last night you were with two seperate guys. Yeah, we aren't dating, but that's still way too fucking weird for me, especially since we were supposed to go out today".

You both sort of acted like dicks, she overshared and you hit her back with some righteous indignation. Not sure why she'd want to see you again after the "I'm not mad" comment either, so I guess no real harm done.

You both sort of acted like dicks, she overshared and you hit her back with some righteous indignation. Not sure why she'd want to see you again after the "I'm not mad" comment either, so I guess no real harm done.

*shrug* After she told me about the FWB, she flat out asked "Are you mad" which is why I said that. I wasn't mad. I just lost interest in seeing her and don't want to pursue it. Like she said, she's single and can do what she wants. Just thought it was an interesting story due to to the over sharing.

*shrug* After she told me about the FWB, she flat out asked "Are you mad" which is why I said that. I wasn't mad. I just lost interest in seeing her and don't want to pursue it. Like she said, she's single and can do what she wants. Just thought it was an interesting story due to to the over sharing.
Okay, that changes it. Unsolicited "I'm not mad"s are gross.

Okay, that changes it. Unsolicited "I'm not mad"s are gross.

Np. Yeah those do suck in real life. They can be funny in image/gif forms though.

What had happened was I stepped away from the laptop before she had sent the paragraph about the FWB so it took me a minute or two to get to it. So it was like the paragraph and the question "Are you mad" right after it.

I think my initial reaction was a suprised wtf, followed by a literal lol.

You sound like a nice guy.

I'm not going to judge her as a person. I mean, I was interested in meeting her so I did want to pursue her at one point. It was a FWB not a random guy she fucked. Even it was a random guy, its her right to have sex with whoever she wants. Thats why I said I wasn't mad. I just don't know what she thought she'd gain from telling me that, especially if she did actually want to go on a date with me.

Maddocks

its a bit of a ego killer, she pretty much told you that she lost her voice because she was screaming so loud based on sex.

He told her of his nice gesture to help kids, his reward? being told she was horny and didnt want to use it on him, but make out with a random stranger and fuck her 2am guy? you lucked out on not dating that one.

Ashhong

You dodged a bullet. I don't know what kind of girl would openly say "hey, I'm going to have to cancel our date because I was out fucking another guy last night". Like what the fuck? Nobody wants to hear that.

edit: unless of course you just wanted an easy lay

Ashodin

I sent my girl a beautiful poetic email last night, and she responded with "we may just end up spending our lives together." :)

Maddocks

I sent my girl a beautiful poetic email last night, and she responded with "we may just end up spending our lives together." :)

you totally getting married. I posted how it sounds more and more in love. you will have many children together and will post in this thread about how okc is a great site and will be on okc front page of success stories.

She was toying with you dude, maybe you said something to piss her off so she started adding seeming ridiculous additions to her story to see when you'd flip. No sane person would ever divulge they were out fucking someone while post-poning your date.

Np. Yeah those do suck in real life. They can be funny in image/gif forms though.

What had happened was I stepped away from the laptop before she had sent the paragraph about the FWB so it took me a minute or two to get to it. So it was like the paragraph and the question "Are you mad" right after it.

I think my initial reaction was a suprised wtf, followed by a literal lol.

you did the right thing and your response is justified.

Ashodin

you totally getting married. I posted how it sounds more and more in love. you will have many children together and will post in this thread about how okc is a great site and will be on okc front page of success stories.

except she doesn't want kids and I never met her on okc. Fail!

Oh and I'm guaranteeing you all pictures from the trip. it's gonna happen.

Ohwiseone

So, Update on my end.

The girl never replied back to me from last saturday, So obviously she was just humoring me. (and I do not want to seem pushy by sending her another message, when she never replied from my second one).

And Cupid, has been giving me crap matches so far, But I am gonna keep looking and waiting.

Oh well, keep rating and keep looking.

EDIT: just noticed that the girl that messages me a week ago, her account is GONE. So Obviously she was done with this whole Okcupid thing.

Oh well.

Az987

all good things
Tell her that it's easier to share a dreamscape when you're both in the same bed. I'm a scientist.

You gotta ease into it lol can't jump the gun. I asked her what we should do in my dreams and she said she didn't care, whatever I wanted so I said I didn't care either I just want to be close to someone.

She said I can be close to her if I want to. I said I'd like that and she replied with me too.

Then I told her that I hate just feeling a physcial connection with a woman and that without a mental connection a physical connection is worthless. Then I asked her if she felt that way too and I felt we might have a mental connection.

She told me she loves mental connections and feels that way too.

Time to have hot dream sex! I hope dream me has condoms.

It sounds like I'm just feeding her lines doesn't it?

Maddocks

You gotta ease into it lol can't jump the gun. I asked her what we should do in my dreams and she said she didn't care, whatever I wanted so I said I didn't care either I just want to be close to someone.

She said I can be close to her if I want to. I said I'd like that and she replied with me too.

Then I told her that I hate just feeling a physcial connection with a woman and that without a mental connection a physical connection is worthless. Then I asked her if she felt that way too and I felt we might have a mental connection.

you are totally falling in love. have fun with dream babies.

I don't want to be negative, and I totally respect you for staying adamant amongst all the negative comments... but that's a little crazy. I'm also a hopeless romantic and pretty dumb about being clingy with women. Just be careful. I'm interested to hear what happens here, but I've learned the hard way that getting your hopes up usually hurts pretty bad.

Ashhong

wtf is going on here

Madrin

What is the proper etiquette if a girl messages you and you have no interest? I don't know if I should ignore the message, reply with a disinterested tone, or straight-up tell her I'm not interested.

Maddocks

What is the proper etiquette if a girl messages you and you have no interest? I don't know if I should ignore the message, reply with a disinterested tone, or straight-up tell her I'm not interested.

you tell them

Someday you'll be sorry
Someday when you're free
Memories will remind you
That our love was meant to be
Late at night when you call my name
The only sound you'll hear
Is the sound of your voice calling
Calling after me.

She was toying with you dude, maybe you said something to piss her off so she started adding seeming ridiculous additions to her story to see when you'd flip. No sane person would ever divulge they were out fucking someone while post-poning your date.

Trolling was one aspect I considered. The other two were 1. Secret cuckold fantasy. E.G. wanted to see how I'd react to her fucking other guys. 2. She thought by telling me how wild she is sexually (prior to this, she used to talk about how kinky she is) that I'd be more into her.

In any case, I'm not worried about it. I'm not talking to her anymore, and I lined up another date for next weekend :)

Friendly reminder.

Use your google image search guys.

Been noticing a definite uptick in fake users in the past few days. Use it on anyone you're gonna message.

Kozak

Banned
This app isnt so bad haha.

Kinda dissappointed I didnt get a response from a seemingly mysterious girl whos a psychonaut. I enjoy talking to people like that so thats a shame :-/

Sent a few messages and got replies. Recieved a message from a girl who I hadnt visited/rated and we domt even match well. Ill send her a response just to be nice/get a feel for online dating but Im really not interested in her cause well..she isnt so good looking (yeah I know. My bad.)

Trolling was one aspect I considered. The other two were 1. Secret cuckold fantasy. E.G. wanted to see how I'd react to her fucking other guys. 2. She thought by telling me how wild she is sexually (prior to this, she used to talk about how kinky she is) that I'd be more into her.

In any case, I'm not worried about it. I'm not talking to her anymore, and I lined up another date for next weekend :)

I'd have had her ass waiting for me in some inconvenient ass place and then told her to fuck off, so you're a better man than me.

GabDX

Banned
The biggest advantage is knowing who rated you highly. You obviously have a much better chance with them. You'll be wasting less time with people who don't find you attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom