• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I added one line in my profile about where I'm at in my career, and then sent out a few messages. I got three replies instantly (which is equal to what I got from my previous 80 messages).

First message was from a woman who said she was the friend of the woman I messaged. She said she loved my message and thought it was hilarious. Her message was pretty sexually charged. We did another back and forth, and she said she wanted me to date her friend so she could hear the stories. I said that was great and she should see if her friend would be interested this (past) Saturday. No reply.

Second potential person was someone I went back and forth for 4 messages each (total 8). We were talking about hiking spots in the area. I eventually mentioned that we should go hiking together. No reply.

Third person was someone I really was digging. We seemed to have a lot in common, not just hobbies, but demeanor. I was really crossing my fingers for this one. I sent her a message saying we should totally talk, and she sent me a long message back, signed with her real name. I sent her a message back. No reply.

This fuckin' site. I swear people are just on it for their ego.

Ashodin

Is one of you going to cry and scream "You were the chosen one!" when it ends?

"I LOVED YOU"

Three days away, gents. Until my kidneys are no more. WOOHOO

So I added one line in my profile about where I'm at in my career, and then sent out a few messages. I got three replies instantly (which is equal to what I got from my previous 80 messages).

First message was from a woman who said she was the friend of the woman I messaged. She said she loved my message and thought it was hilarious. Her message was pretty sexually charged. We did another back and forth, and she said she wanted me to date her friend so she could hear the stories. I said that was great and she should see if her friend would be interested this (past) Saturday. No reply.

Second potential person was someone I went back and forth for 4 messages each (total 8). We were talking about hiking spots in the area. I eventually mentioned that we should go hiking together. No reply.

Third person was someone I really was digging. We seemed to have a lot in common, not just hobbies, but demeanor. I was really crossing my fingers for this one. I sent her a message saying we should totally talk, and she sent me a long message back, signed with her real name. I sent her a message back. No reply.

Waiting is the hardest part bro.

crush7337

Banned
Weird. My friend and I who both use OKCupid both got the same text (not message on OKC) saying that we looked sexy in our Facebook picture and we should add them on Yahoo to get naughty with them.

Unless its a coincidence seems like there's a scammer on OKC in my area. One of my pictures is my Facebook pic so I guess that could be reverse searched. Creepy just getting those random texts though.

Ovid

Wait, if I visit someone's profile more than one, will I keep showing up in that person's "Recent Visitors" list?

zlatko

Banned
"I LOVED YOU"

Three days away, gents. Until my kidneys are no more. WOOHOO

Waiting is the hardest part bro.

Naw. Asking a girl to go hiking = You are a serial killer. xD

So I'm completely off my moral compass and giving 0 shits. I like the girl I'm with. Been about 5 months now, going to be 6 next month, but honestly I know she isn't the one. At least I haven't started to feel remotely that after almost 6 months of dating.

And with that I am on OKC to see what's poppin. Created a new profile and am grinding out messages like before. I've had a few replies from girls much cuter than my current girl. Plus I have a new job that is all people my age, 100's of good looking women afoot. Started to hit it off with this extremely cute girl during my breaks who is in a different training course class.

I figure if at any point I get a date with a potential hotty, then I'll finally have a good enough reason to propel me to break it off with my g/f. If nothing happens in a week or so though, then I'll just take it as a sign from the universe to stay where I am for longer and see how my feelings for her pan out.

I am a terrible human being. :/

So I'm completely off my moral compass and giving 0 shits. I like the girl I'm with. Been about 5 months now, going to be 6 next month, but honestly I know she isn't the one. At least I haven't started to feel remotely that after almost 6 months of dating.

And with that I am on OKC to see what's poppin. Created a new profile and am grinding out messages like before. I've had a few replies from girls much cuter than my current girl. Plus I have a new job that is all people my age, 100's of good looking women afoot. Started to hit it off with this extremely cute girl during my breaks who is in a different training course class.

I figure if at any point I get a date with a potential hotty, then I'll finally have a good enough reason to propel me to break it off with my g/f. If nothing happens in a week or so though, then I'll just take it as a sign from the universe to stay where I am for longer and see how my feelings for her pan out.

Aw man, I hate to tell you what to do, but you should just break it off with her. This is the number one thing I hate about most girls is that they won't break up unless they have someone else lined up to be the next bf

For them, it's because they're insecure about single. I think you should try being single for awhile and being happy alone even though you're out on the dating circuit

Just drop the current girl, don't be a douche.

Ashodin

I have to agree, if you're not feeling it with the current girl, just drop her bro. I don't keep things going until another girl comes along, I end it before it becomes nasty.

Loona

Fuck. This girl is fucking awesome.

If you haven't seen it already, this is us hanging out in SWTOR together

Jsvc1.png

I couldn't help but notice neither of you dismissed your droid companions even if the game gives you the option at any time.

I can't help but think of those match questions about filming intimate moments.

I've been there.

Here's the question: Is she not the one or are you just not at a point in your life where you're ready for the one?

Because sometimes when we're young we just enjoy the chase and we can go through women who would be great for us like toilet paper. You need to determine if its your mentality that isn't ready for a long term commitment, and if its even worth it to change given your youth, or if she simply isn't the one, or maybe a combination of all of that.

TxdoHawk

Oh, this dumb site. How does it keep pulling me back in? Oh right, women.

Received an email that this cute Pacific Islander checked out my profile. Dropped her a message, she almost immediately wanted to start texting, and now I've got a dinner date tomorrow. Thought she was kind of eager to meet up compared to the average woman...and then I find out she was just dumped. BWOOP BWOOP REBOUND ALERT.

I'm going anyway, even though I have a pretty good idea how this is going to end.

Most people are, despite what they will tell you. Everyone, women especially, are terrified of meeting people with no connections to their social circle. That said: Don't even THINK about asking to meet up until you are at the point where you are no longer messaging each other on the site itself. You need more patience. If you feel yourself getting eager or frustrated, log off and cool down.

Weird. My friend and I who both use OKCupid both got the same text (not message on OKC) saying that we looked sexy in our Facebook picture and we should add them on Yahoo to get naughty with them.

Camwhores looking for money.

had a date on Sunday, went great. she said she wanted to go out again. She's vanished off the earth. Guess thats her way of saying no thanks.

Don't take it personally. Just remind yourself that you never want to meet the woman mean enough to tell you point-blank why you don't live up to her standards, from personal experience it's an ego bruiser.

Ashodin

I couldn't help but notice neither of you dismissed your droid companions even if the game gives you the option at any time.

I can't help but think of those match questions about filming intimate moments.

She actually made a joke about how they were our table lamps.

Most people are, despite what they will tell you. Everyone, women especially, are terrified of meeting people with no connections to their social circle. That said: Don't even THINK about asking to meet up until you are at the point where you are no longer messaging each other on the site itself. You need more patience. If you feel yourself getting eager or frustrated, log off and cool down.

So ask for the phone number, then ask to meet up? Don't just ask to meet up?

Maddocks

went to geek2geek. signed up, waited the 24 hours. get a message from a girl and as I go to reply it says,"you can't send messages to members unless you pay 15 dollars" chucked up the deuces on that site.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, on the OKC front, I haven't been messaging girls as much as I used to (sending only 3 or 4 every other day as opposed to like dozens every single day) and I finally had someone respond to me. Hopefully she sticks around so that I can ask her out (she's got some major melons :D).

I'd also like to thank whoever suggested Badoo. It kinda sucks cause it only allows you to chat with 6 people a day (for the free version anyway), but at the very least I've gotten quite a few conversations going.

In fact, I'm talking to this one particular chick, who's actually smokin' hot. Like, the kind that would make you think they're using random pictures on the internet as their profile, but she seems legit. Weird thing is she's been talking to me for two weeks so far, so she seems like she would give me a chance, otherwise I'd assume she'd ignore me entirely.

Never had a situation like this.

Alright, it's a work in progress, but...

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/inspectrdetectr

Lay it on me, GAF.

You seem pretty decent, and your profile is overall okay, IMO, but if I would suggest one thing, remove the "casual sex" part in the bottom. Might make women think you're just looking for a one night stand or whatever.

Arozay

So I thought I'd try this out for the new year, made a profile yesterday. Not gonna lie though, haven't had the balls to send out a message yet. Still just dicking around with questions.

Alright, it's a work in progress, but...

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/inspectrdetectr

Lay it on me, GAF.

Like mentioned above: remove the "casual sex" part, even girls who want that don't want to see that on a dude's profile

So I thought I'd try this out for the new year, made a profile yesterday. Not gonna lie though, haven't had the balls to send out a message yet. Still just dicking around with questions.

If you're so worried about sending out a message, why not post your profile and we can give you feedback?

You seem pretty decent, and your profile is overall okay, IMO, but if I would suggest one thing, remove the "casual sex" part in the bottom. Might make women think you're just looking for a one night stand or whatever.

Like mentioned above: remove the "casual sex" part, even girls who want that don't want to see that on a dude's profile

Noted and removed. I had checked off pretty much every option on the "What are you looking for?" list except the long distance pen pals one cuz I figured I'd cover all my bases, but you guys are right -- that's probably keeping it a little too real.

Many thanks for the stars to those who rated me!

So OKC lets you "bribe" then $1 now to send a message to people whose mailboxes are full? LOL

I mean if a girl literally has what...5000 messages and hasn't found a dude she liked, chances pretty damn low that you'll be the dude that breaks that pattern.

Girls that have that many emails are definitely ego stroking/blogging via the site with no real intentions of finding someone.

Az987

all good things
Uh I hope it goes great. I make it a point not to talk to people I can't drive to see, how far away from you is she?

Ashodin

Uh I hope it goes great. I make it a point not to talk to people I can't drive to see, how far away from you is she?

Over a thousand miles.

I generally make it a point too, but it was her entire idea to fund the plane ticket AND send me $300 I could keep.

I'm a man of honor - I don't let people spend that kind of money on me and get away with it.

Lucario

Over a thousand miles.

I generally make it a point too, but it was her entire idea to fund the plane ticket AND send me $300 I could keep.

I'm a man of honor - I don't let people spend that kind of money on me and get away with it.

You're being paid to date her?

Over a thousand miles.

Are you gonna have sex on top of the humidifier?

Sarye

Over a thousand miles.

a gorgeous girl who desperately wants you to fly over and gives you $300 just like that? Whelp good luck

Ashodin

You're being paid to date her?

No, she tells me she would rather have happiness than money.

Are you gonna have sex on top of the humidifier?

It's probably very small, so no.

What up Perspiration!

a gorgeous girl who desperately wants you to fly over and gives you $300 just like that? Whelp good luck

Thanks man. I didn't initially intend to keep the $300, but she told me to bank it when I told her I was going to rip it up. I was shocked - no one has ever supported me in this way before.

No, she tells me she would rather have happiness than money.

It's probably very small, so no.

What up Perspiration!

Thanks man. I didn't initially intend to keep the $300, but she told me to bank it when I told her I was going to rip it up. I was shocked - no one has ever supported me in this way before.

Ashodin have you considered making a thread for this new adventure you're about to take? I think Gaf at large would be entertained by your hijinks

Ashodin

Ashodin have you considered making a thread for this new adventure you're about to take? I think Gaf at large would be entertained by your hijinks

I've thought about it - but I imagine I would get a lot more nasty replies than if I kept it to this thread, so I'd rather not. And there would be much more who would think this is a joke thread or joke poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom