• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az987

all good things
My whole thing (after my long post earlier) is not so much that I need to date someone for a long period necessarily, I kind of like the single life, it's mainly that I'd kill for a hook-up every once in a while. Not that that's what I look for on the site, because that doesn't work. Just be nice to have the single life, but have the option there to get together with someone.

We all know those feels.

Honestly, I'd much rather have a mental connection with a woman than a purely psychical one. A lot of the time it feels like I can get myself off better than she can get me off anyway so why would I put myself at risk for catching something for 15-45 minutes of fun? And once you cum the connection is gone.

Don't get me wrong, I love sex but to me its so much better when there is something else there. Fucking is fucking but to make love to someone is a beautiful thing. Waking up in the morning next to someone you really care about and just watching them sleep lol this probably sounds corny as shit but that's really how I feel.

I've had one night stands before and they just make me feel so... empty.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Honestly, I'd much rather have a mental connection with a woman than a purely psychical one. A lot of the time it feels like I can get myself off better than she can get me off anyway so why would I put myself at risk for catching something for 15-45 minutes of fun? And once you cum the connection is gone.

Don't get me wrong, I love sex but to me its so much better when there is something else there. Fucking is fucking but to make love to someone is a beautiful thing. Waking up in the morning next to someone you really care about and just watching them sleep lol this probably sounds corny as shit but that's really how I feel.

I've had one night stands before and they just make me feel so... empty.

Oh I agree, but it's nice to have once in a while. If a relationship happens, even better.

Give a semblance of mystery and intrigue to your profile. Don't message anyone, let the messages come to you. It's really that simple.

Can I pretend I'm James Bond?

Just don't reveal every detail about your self on your profile. Give her a reason to message you and ask a question. If she messages you first that gives you the upper hand. Mass emailing every local single certainly isn't gonna help your cause.

Servbot24

Banned
Have you guys seen the new blind date thing?
It seems kind of weird... basically the girl says a time and place they're available and evidently you can just claim that time. :S
Their photos are scrambled but you can still pretty much tell if they're hot, hehe
Haven't tried it yet but tempted to >_>

Az987

all good things
It seems kind of weird... basically the girl says a time and place they're available and evidently you can just claim that time. :S
Their photos are scrambled but you can still pretty much tell if they're hot, hehe

Yeah, we were talking about it on the last page.

So what's everyone's verdict on the women who have pictures of themselves shooting guns on their profiles? I never message them lol. Is that a turn on for some guys?

_Ph03n1x_

Haven't tried it yet but tempted to >_>

I gave it a whirl but it does not look like a lot of people are using it yet. I think it could be interesting. The only thing I don't really like is after your date you can choose to give your date 'kudos' which are $.99 each. Kudos gives a person preferential treatment when it comes to getting the blind dates; you basically are helping the other person get more dates. More info: http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/15/ok...razy-blind-date-service-for-blind-mini-dates/

Bleepey

Booooo, they unscrambled everything. I got about 10 responses today. I am not sure what to think of this, am I ugly but write good messages, were hot girls messaged less so they actually read my messages?

Misterhbk

Booooo, they unscrambled everything. I got about 10 responses today. I am not sure what to think of this, am I ugly but write good messages, were hot girls messaged less so they actually read my messages?

Were they fat chicks? Nothing against bigger people but I get a lot of messages from them. Much less from the girls I'm actually interested in.

NateDrake

One girl posted about 5 dates for the rest of the week. Sad part is it is a girl that messaged me once that I never replied to and when I finally did she was rude in return. I understand why she was rude, though. She was slightly overweight and now lost a lot, so guys are interested in the new hot her. I replied when she was still a bit heavy since her personality seemed cool enough.

Spinluck

PicsArt_1358301759855.jpg

Well talking to this very very cute chick. Nice as hell. Met her on POF.

Been texting her like crazy today, through FB messenger since she said she doesn't give her # until after the first date. I can tell she's really into me. So we talk and talk. Then of course sex comes up. She explained that it was the reason she doesn't date much, cause that's all guys want? Amarite GAF? Jk.

Anyway, she then tells me she's a virgin, and that she's saving herself for marriage...
She claims to have never masturbated, or even participate in like anything sexual.

Most guys would say fuck it and jump ship. Of course I like her so I didn't. Also I am respectful of her views and everything.. She then said her beliefs come first, then asked me if I was a Christian. I tell her how I grew up in that household, and even had a stint and private school. Then said I'm Agnostic, she didn't know what the was so I briefly explained it lol.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should just be friends with her, cause I don't really see eye to eye with her on the marriage thing. I am not some sex hound, I just think it's a lot to ask of someone to spend the rest of their life with you just to have sex. No disrespect to any of Christian-GAF. I've just never been in this situation lol.

Misterhbk

Yeah, we were talking about it on the last page.

So what's everyone's verdict on the women who have pictures of themselves shooting guns on their profiles? I never message them lol. Is that a turn on for some guys?

I never message them. Instantly close the page in fact. You use guns enough that you needed to post pictures of you using them? No thanks

Servbot24

Banned
Now I'm trying to decide if I should just be friends with her, cause I don't really see eye to eye with her on the marriage thing. I am not some sex hound, I just think it's a lot to ask of someone to spend the rest of their life with you just to have sex. No disrespect to any of Christian-GAF. I've just never been in this situation lol.

To be honest dude companionship is a lot better than sex. At least in my opinion. Just hang out with her, have fun and keep expectations down.

Also keep in mind, people who grew up thinking that sex is wrong tend to be a lot more adventurous once they're 'unleashed'. :p

Spinluck

Thanks dude. I hope so.

It's just that at this stage in my life I'm sure if I'm ready to settle down.

But love is random. Had a friend say the same shit, and now he's married with a kid on the way lol.

NateDrake

Anyone care to offer advice on my profile? http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Avyre
Replies have been sparse lately... probably because I'm too ugly or because I only message the most attractive people, haha :p
Most of my messages I just comment on something in their profile and then ask a question about it.

Briefly skimmed it, but it looks fine. OKC doesn't really have a set formula of success. Depends the girls in your area and whatnot.

Well talking to this very very cute chick. Nice as hell. Met her on POF.

Been texting her like crazy today, through FB messenger since she said she doesn't give her # until after the first date. I can tell she's really into me. So we talk and talk. Then of course sex comes up. She explained that it was the reason she doesn't date much, cause that's all guys want? Amarite GAF? Jk.

Anyway, she then tells me she's a virgin, and that she's saving herself for marriage...
She claims to have never masturbated, or even participate in like anything sexual.

Most guys would say fuck it and jump ship. Of course I like her so I didn't. Also I am respectful of her views and everything.. She then said her beliefs come first, then asked me if I was a Christian. I tell her how I grew up in that household, and even had a stint and private school. Then said I'm Agnostic, she didn't know what the was so I briefly explained it lol.

I wouldn't date someone who said "that is just the devil working on you", it's cool for her to have imaginary friends but I shouldn't have to indulge them. You can maybe be friends with her if you really want but that really couldn't be much fun.

Servbot24

Banned
I wouldn't date someone who said "that is just the devil working on you", it's cool for her to have imaginary friends but I shouldn't have to indulge them. You can maybe be friends with her if you really want but that really couldn't be much fun.

I doubt she's running around talking about the devil all day. Christianity shouldn't be a deal-breaker. I'm a Christian and I'd happily date an atheist or someone of another religion.

Sent 17 PMs. Only 1 replied back after liking the compliment about her chest size and the other 16 was me being a nice guy with none. All visitors, and 1 reply.

Extending my account due date for another week.

I doubt she's running around talking about the devil all day. Christianity shouldn't be a deal-breaker. I'm a Christian and I'd happily date an atheist or someone of another religion.

I'm a Christian and dated an atheist from okc. One of the coolest girls I've ever met.

Sorry I phrased that really really poorly, I didn't mean it with any of the venom.

What I mean is there are different types of Christians. If she's the type to preach and try and convert me all the time (and at a guess I would say this one is) then that is a dealbreaker as it shows a deep lack of respect for my beliefs.

Spinluck

Thanks dude. I hope so.

It's just that at this stage in my life I'm sure if I'm ready to settle down.

But love is random. Had a friend say the same shit, and now he's married with a kid on the way lol.

Well, the girl I chatted with a few times that said she had to take a rain check on a date this past weekend never even got back to me. I tried to continue the conversation from before, but no reply.

Bummed about that one. She seemed like the right personality type for sure. No active conversations with any other women either.

Big sigh.

Same shit just happened to me. Plan to put her on back burner for a few days while I try to game this one girl who sent me an unsolicited message today. Will message her again in a few days, if she doesn't respond...well, fuck it.

Just keep being persistent and messaging people. It's what I plan to do. Granted, I'm picky as fuck so there's that too.

Ashhong

My whole thing (after my long post earlier) is not so much that I need to date someone for a long period necessarily, I kind of like the single life, it's mainly that I'd kill for a hook-up every once in a while. Not that that's what I look for on the site, because that doesn't work. Just be nice to have the single life, but have the option there to get together with someone.

We all know those feels.

I don't know those feels. For as long as I can remember I have always preferred the couple life. Maybe I'm too dependent, but I would much rather have someone in my life all the time than deal with the single life. I see No benefits of a single life for me.

Damn man, that's some bad sex hahah.

And regarding the gun picture, do u mean at the shooting range? I don't see anything wrong with it, they are showing their activities. Also I think most of them think they just look cool. Plus it makes their arms and back look good if its exposed.

nimbus

Banned
As a guy without many close friends, I feel a relationship is my only route to not feel crushingly alone. Of course, this makes me not all that attractive. I'm texting this girl from the site and now I'm dreading going further, not wanting to show my hand. I think therapy is needed before I try to seriously date.

Welp, I'm really depressed and I'm angry on top of that. I see everyone else around me find happiness while I continue to grow more and more alone and depressed each day. How come I got the shit end of the stick? What did I do to deserve never having a happy waking moment?

Dude, as a recovering hikkikomori (no job, no friends, no relationship, no hope) I can only tell you that things do get better. I had the same exact attitude. However, the only person who can change your attitude is yourself.

I can't tell you how depressed I became after college and left my ex due to utter bullshit stupidity on my behalf. (Not wanting a long-distance relationship.) I became a dakimakura hugging otaku who spent more money on anime shit than anything else. However, one day two years ago I decided to end my negativity.

Find something to give your life some meaning. I found mine in exercising and doing press work. Eventually one thing led to another and I got a full-time job, bought a new car and then started dating again since I know my own value. You'll find out that there's only one person who you'll need to validate your life: yourself.

As a guy without many close friends, I feel a relationship is my only route to not feel crushingly alone. Of course, this makes me not all that attractive. I'm texting this girl from the site and now I'm dreading going further, not wanting to show my hand. I think therapy is needed before I try to seriously date.

Hate to borrow from Persona 4, but it's best to face and accept your true self. Once you do, everything becomes easier.

Ashhong

What do you mean by this? I related with you up until this point.

you need to have some confidence in yourself
A lifetime of failure and zero success makes that incredibly difficult.

if your posts in this thread are ANY indication of how you're acting while trying to court someone, you're turning every body off by your attitude. Period.
That's the thing: I don't even get that far. Women are automatically repelled by me for some reason.

Do you feel like you need a relationship to be happy?
I don't know but I think that by (almost) 26 I should have been able to at least get one relationship going.

I feel like I'm just repeating what everyone else has said but you need to be happy with yourself regardless of a relationship.
I keep hearing that and it's probably true but it reads like "You're going to be alone forever so you may as well just kill yourself now."

As for some advice.. find a few things you can work on yourself and go from there.
I started working out four years ago with the intention that it would help me look more appealing to women. Here we are four years later...

Practically when it comes to relationships, what do you have to offer?
Shit. So again, I'm SOL.

Find something to give your life some meaning. I found mine in exercising and doing press work. Eventually one thing led to another and I got a full-time job, bought a new car and then started dating again since I know my own value.
Been working out for four years, I have a regular 9-5, bought a new car three years ago (only 9 payments left) and right now I'm looking into buying a house due to circumstances beyond my control.

You'll find out that there's only one person who you'll need to validate your life: yourself.
That's the thing. I was horribly depressed years ago, I finally tried to clean up my act, lost a lot of weight that anti-depressants help put on and I've been doing my own thing with the idea in my head that things will work out and I'll meet someone and not to worry about it too much. It hasn't worked and that's extra depressing. What's left?

Ashhong

Dude, and you wonder why you haven't had a relationship? Girls can tell when someone isn't confident and reeks of negativity. You're only 26.

When would you say your depression started? 24? 22? Plenty of people don't get into relationships before this time. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with them. If you realize this then maybe you will see that you've spent years feeling sorry for yourself when nothing was wrong in the first place.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!

What exactly constitutes a success and failure for you? A couple things you need to remember: 1) the people you probably consider successful failed WAY more times than you did; it's just that they kept going and you've decided to stop after, at your age, could probably be counted as a handful of "failures" and 2) there is no such thing as failure unless you literally walk away from something you're working at; "failures" are just forks in the road, not massive walls that stop you; even the Great Wall of China can be countered by either going over or around it. Nothing is impossible.

My point is that you need to stop thinking that success and failure at some binary absolutes. They aren't. They never will be. Whatever your true love is, work at it and don't think it's going to happen overnight. If you keep going, it will come. It might not be the way you thought it would work out, but it will be better than just walking away from it because the fork changed into something you didn't consider at the beginning.

That's the thing: I don't even get that far. Women are automatically repelled by me for some reason.

If I read correctly, you've refused to post your profile again and again and I'm almost CERTAIN that your profile reeks of negativity. You probably have some self-defacing lines in there, don't you? Or things like "I don't really do anything because I don't have any friends"? Even if you don't post the profile, at least post snippets from parts of it. Because, if your profile DOES say those things, there's a reason no one is messaging you. If, from reading your text, people can tell that you'd be an angry, judgemental person, why would they contact you at all? No one can help you if 1) you're not showing us what your profile says and 2) you're just being really angry and talking in absolutes that really have no bearing on reality.

I started working out four years ago with the intention that it would help me look more appealing to women. Here we are four years later...

A couple things to remember: 1) women are attracted WAY more to personalities than to physical looks; a girl I was madly interested in dated one of the ugliest dudes I've ever seen before she hooked up with me for a couple months and it was because he was a good dude who treated her right and 2) not all women are going to like a fit guy; some love skinny ass dudes and some love fat ass dudes; that's just how things are.

You want dates? Change your personality. Every one of your posts is wafting negativity all over the place and I'm of the mind that it is NOT contained to just this forum.

We really want to help you, man, but you have to want to also help yourself and it needs to start with you putting on that smile, perking up, and thinking of life as an awesome adventure that knows no bounds. People, not just women, are attracted to that.

Ashhong

By that I mean not wanting to show how dependent I feel or how starved for affection I am when talking to someone new.

Haha alright that's what I thought. I'm exactly the same way. I have to hold back from texting back right away. I let it slowly come out. Usually the girl is also kind of dependent so that makes it a bit better.

ooohh boy did I just have an interesting first date, girl was much more attractive than I expected and I totally floundered for almost 4 hours. I just wasn't prepared for that sort of heat.

She was nice to me but I doubt I'll see her again, she emailed first and set up the meeting, so I'm thinking I'll wait up to a day before contacting her, hopefully she'll continue to take the initiative. almost definitely going to be rejected eIther way though. Man what a stressful day.

DatDude

Banned
What should I do if all my messages asking me to hang are coming from either seriously unattractive women (like i'm talking like meth addict bad), or seriously obese women?

I mean, I know I aint awful looking. But I'm looking for someone that's sorta on my level, not 20 leagues under.

Maddocks

if she gives you her number, you should text it as soon as you get it so you and her know its correct. never know. She might have typed it fast and fucked up a number and its best to get that mistake out of the way fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom