• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoH

Nice, tossed you a rating

Thanks!

and Red_taiyaki, Tough Mudder will be physically challenging yes, but I think this mud run in particular is more geared to team work, and determination rather than speed/time though the course. Our group is very diverse in respect to the physical, but I think we've got strong organizational skills.

Thanks!

and Red_taiyaki, Tough Mudder will be physically challenging yes, but I think this mud run in particular is more geared to team work, and determination rather than speed/time though the course. Our group is very diverse in respect to the physical, but I think we've got strong organizational skills.

Yah, I've watched a few clips on Youtube. I'll definitely agree with what you just said. I think the biggest run I'm planning for 2013 is probably going to be the Spartan Run. It gives me plenty of time to train and is a nice precursor to the Tough Mudder imo.

Saw that you competed in the Warrior Dash. I did it last October, was some seriously fun shit!

moop1167

Weird because I get a few messages per week and hardly ever respond. I've gone back and forth with a few though. Some girl I did reply to a while back said it was replies selectively. Gah.

crush7337

Banned
Weird because I get a few messages per week and hardly ever respond. I've gone back and forth with a few though. Some girl I did reply to a while back said it was replies selectively. Gah.

It resets the color every week. It's also based on the amount of messages you get. If you get less than 5 per week and don't respond to any, you'll still have "Replies Often". The only guys who have yellow and red are getting close to 10 messages a week.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think being exhausted boosts my confidence. That or it makes me more inclined to think 'fuck it, what's there to lose?' I reactivated my account and wrote what I think is the best message I've ever sent:

Me said:
Soooooo I know you never responded to my last messages, but I want to say you should because I'm awesome and you're awesome, so obviously we should get to know each other more! It's simple math. I know you get messaged constantly everyday, but this one is worth responding too. Pinky swear. No dick pics, no neediness, just fun talk. Message now while supplies last! :O

Got a response back in one minute. Sure she was already online, but I think that's a good sign. Now to keep it up...

moop1167

It resets the color every week. It's also based on the amount of messages you get. If you get less than 5 per week and don't respond to any, you'll still have "Replies Often". The only guys who have yellow and red are getting close to 10 messages a week.

Interesting. But I guess it doesn't matter because the girls that actually send out messages aren't anything special.

I am so good at getting visitors from my messages. Granted, I never get replies, but I must be one hell of an opener. If only I was 6'5" and attractive, I'd be tearing this site up.

Az987

all good things
I got a message a few hours ago. She seems nice but shes kind of big and I'm not attracted to her at all. Plus she has a kid but shes really cool and wants to be my friend lol.

She invited me over her house. She said she'd cook dinner for me and we could watch movies, drink beer and play pool.

Am I going to get a drugged and molested if I go over there?

EdmondD

Just go Az. It might be fun. Just make sure she realizes that you only intend to be friends. If you end up dead I'm not responsible. Please don't haunt me. ;)

Az987

all good things
Just go Az. It might be fun. Just make sure she realizes that you only intend to be friends. If you end up dead I'm not responsible. Please don't haunt me. ;)

Ok but if I die I'm going to haunt you and everyone else here. I'm going to haunt GAF for ever.

Maddocks

GO

I made an okcupid account today

you have made the first step of many steps that involve rejection and patience and sometimes great rewards. I welcome you to our little band of misfits, hope you find what you want to find. You will go into this a bright eyed kid, but in the end, you will return a battle hardened solider!

I got a message a few hours ago. She seems nice but shes kind of big and I'm not attracted to her at all. Plus she has a kid but shes really cool and wants to be my friend lol.

She invited me over her house. She said she'd cook dinner for me and we could watch movies, drink beer and play pool.

big girls need love too. Its only a date, explore your options. As I have said many time to our fallen brother, always check the bathroom first. If its filled with ice, escape through the window.

Ok but if I die I'm going to haunt you and everyone else here. I'm going to haunt GAF for ever.

Hey, if you're lucky maybe she'll turn out to be a blood thirsty kuchisake-onna.

tumblr_lrbwveYcUx1r2npq6o1_500.jpg

Am I pretttty?

I think being exhausted boosts my confidence. That or it makes me more inclined to think 'fuck it, what's there to lose?' I reactivated my account and wrote what I think is the best message I've ever sent:

Got a response back in one minute. Sure she was already online, but I think that's a good sign. Now to keep it up...

That's a pretty good second message to send. And you're right; the "fuck it" attitude works way more than the weenie "hey, um... I like to travel and eat at restaurants too! Let's talk!" attitude.

Ashhong

Dude what is your profile? You seem to have nonstop messages coming your way lol.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
That's a pretty good second message to send. And you're right; the "fuck it" attitude works way more than the weenie "hey, um... I like to travel and eat at restaurants too! Let's talk!" attitude.
I had already messaged her back and forth and chatted for two hours before she stopped responding. That message was sincere; I do think she's awesome. I can be a weenie if I'm unsure about a person.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... after wasting nearly 2 months trying to talk to girls(and most of them ignoring me) on different online dating websites, i finally saw one this week that sounds a bit like me (not big on sports, loves WoW and RPG games, read mangas, plus she watch the fucking AVGN :p, etc.), and she's only 2 years younger than me, lives 2 hours away from me and she looks cute. We chatted a bit, made her laugh a few times and she sounds fun, curious to see where it will go.

Of course, her being 2 hours away is a bit troublesome, but it could be much worse knowing how hard it is for me to find someone with similar tastes.

OK gaf, help a brother out. I've literally been out of the dating game for 8 years, became single again after a really long term relationship, and I don't even know if I'm doing this right. Mind checking out my profile and seeing if I am putzing up anywhere? It's very much a "how do I use computer" situation. :S

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/thirtytoone

So... after wasting nearly 2 months trying to talk to girls(and most of them ignoring me) on different online dating websites, i finally saw one this week that sounds a bit like me (not big on sports, loves WoW and RPG games, read mangas, plus she watch the fucking AVGN :p, etc.), and she's only 2 years younger than me, lives 2 hours away from me and she looks cute. We chatted a bit, made her laugh a few times and she sounds fun, curious to see where it will go.

Of course, her being 2 hours away is a bit troublesome, but it could be much worse knowing how hard it is for me to find someone with similar tastes.
Good man

Distance technically shouldn't matter. Granted I say that and going 45 minutes from my house to SF was killer on me since I work in San Jose....so I only saw this one girl about once a week for three weeks before we decided to split up.

PK Gaming

!

2nd day on OKCupid and I got a reply from a cute girl. I think we hit it off, but admittedly it wasn't because of my looks or my charm. No she said herself that she rarely replies to anyone on that site; I lucked out because we were both Homestuck fans.

Thank you Andrew Hussie, your webcomic might get me laid.

RoH

That distance can be cool for a while, but I find it really tough personally. Sometimes you just want to see someone and not travel 200 miles round trip to see them by 10PM

Bisnic

Distance technically shouldn't matter. Granted I say that and going 45 minutes from my house to SF was killer on me since I work in San Jose....so I only saw this one girl about once a week for three weeks before we decided to split up.

I know, but with 2 hours between the two of us, there's no chance we will see each other outside the weekends. We both got a job after all and cannot afford to do a 2 hours road trip during the evening just to see each other for one hour and then another 2 hours road trip to go back home just in time for midnight and go to bed.

But she plays WoW and Diablo 3, at least we'll be able to play together during the week days. Better than nothing. :p Anyway, it's too soon to say how well that will go, i just started talking with her yesterday after all.

I know, but with 2 hours between the two of us, there's no chance we will see each other outside the weekends. We both got a job after all and cannot afford to do a 2 hours road trip during the evening just to see each other for one hour and then another 2 hours road trip to go back home just in time for midnight and go to bed.

But she plays WoW and Diablo 3, at least we'll be able to play together during the week days. Better than nothing. :p Anyway, it's too soon to say how well that will go, i just started talking with her yesterday after all.

Ah, well no use getting TOO excited yet. Trust me, I speak from experience...

But ya, that was the same as me and the other girl I was dating last August. G/l!

Hey that's still good. At least you'll be interacting with her, who knows what could happen, maybe your circumstances will change.

Bisnic

Hey that's still good. At least you'll be interacting with her, who knows what could happen, maybe your circumstances will change.

Yeah, we have enough in common for me to not give up so easily despite the distance. Being able to play the same games will help a lot with that i think. Who knows what will happen later huh?

Doubt that I will turn into another Ashodin though. :p

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Well I'm getting bored of the usual bar stars I date\bring home so have ventured into the creepy world of online dating. It feels so......strange. I'm very confident at pubs\bars\parties with speaking to anyone and this online shit seems so disconnected. I'll give it a week and see how it goes.

Az987

all good things
Dude what is your profile? You seem to have nonstop messages coming your way lol.

I never posted it in here because I.. don't know.

I don't think its anything special and like 95% of the messages I get first are from women that aren't very attractive or old but I get waaaaay more on POF. One day I got 5 or 6 but that was the most I've ever gotten in 1 day.

I'd probably do a lot better on OKC if I bothered sending messages more than like once a week.

I keep adding and removing a picture of me without a shirt on too lol.

I just post some of the messages because they make me laugh like the old lady who called me sexy.

Maddocks

we know what happened to Ashodin. it was already written. He was very much like Icarus. We told him not to fly to close to the sun. He ignored our warnings and the sun melted his wax and he plummeted down to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom