• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

He wanted to make his trip a very public affair. He wanted fame and fortune. A tag, a gif made of his story.

ego will kill any man, and it proved true in this case. If he kept a low profile, only told the story to this thread and updated us from time to time he would have still been posting.

Why ban the guy? It's all in good fun. An abuse of power!!! I say we all "revolt", don't let the mods know... We'll all "meet" at "Burger King" at "0900 hours" on the "day" we "agreed" to. See you "all" there. Believe.

-Major Alpha OUT.

Tom_Cody

I posted my profile here a few weeks ago and GAF looking people from all over the world still pop up in my visitors list from time to time. Nothing special to report here, it's just mildly amusing whenever this happens.

Pastry

Banned
Hmmm Supposed to have a date tonight. Texted the girl last night to confirm and got no response. I sent a message to her on POF earlier asking if its still on an I'll probably text once more. I'm not going to waste my time going to this place when she won't confirm If I can be doing something with friends instead.

So I took the "IDGAF" route and messaged a girl:

"I could tell you what we have in common, and make some excuse to message you, but I just wanted to tell you that you seem awesome and would like to know you more.

Demi Lovato has nothing on you."

(Demi Lovato, she stated, was her celeb look-alike.)

Let's see.

Ashhong

I didn't see this, was it a thread? If so, can someone repost?

I don't have a link but I think the thread was called "don't do dumbshit like this" or something like that.

I don't get what he lied about; the girl was real. Was his trip the BS part?

I believe he got banned because he wasn't coming through with his promise to update and such, and was also begging for tags/Sunhi gifs in his thread or something

zlatko

Banned
So I get plenty of traffic and responses on my profile. Have gotten numbers, dates, facebooks, had a g/f from OKC, etc.

That's why today GAF I'll relink to my profile. If it somehow helps you guys out, then great, I'm glad I could help. However, there is far better ones out there, and for mine I give very little of a fuck what is on it, and make sure my messages are solid. Girls I feel are 10/10's in my book, still reply to me, and I know that the majority of the time is I come up with clever/funny messages, and it's far less to do with the actual profile. Some of the profile matters obviously.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/LuckySleven7

Edit: Whoever on here has the profile name "Shlong Taco"... here's a pro tip... don't make your username penis related. :/ Come on now son.

Keikaku

So the entire journey was actually fake? I didn't know it was confirmed as a troll thread.

Dude posted a fake story thread. Never updated. Mods got pissed. Perma Banned him. And called him a "Dumbshit" and reposted about his BS in the off-topic discussion threads.
Don't think the journey was fake as he did post a real ticket, photos of the plane ride over and all that jazz. DetectiveGAF also found out that the girl was real, her Facebook was real and that on that profile, she and Ashodin were listed as being "In a relationship".

So, he didn't really fail anything and the story itself likely wasn't fake. However, he did make the mistake of not posting any updates to his story and instead just kept refreshing his thread.

Don't think the journey was fake as he did post a real ticket, photos of the plane ride over and all that jazz. DetectiveGAF also found out that the girl was real, her Facebook was real and that on that profile, she and Ashodin were listed as being "In a relationship".

So, he didn't really fail anything and the story itself likely wasn't fake. However, he did make the mistake of not posting any updates to his story and instead just kept refreshing his thread.
Anyone can acquire an account.
Forge fake documents.
Make false stories.
All towards their amusement.
I don't believe his "Adventure" is true.
With respect believe whatever you'd like.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=507918&page=1

keh

i've already messaged 25 women, but none of them have responded

i'm putting my all in getting a date with [Homestuck girl]

You must be doing something wrong. If you want, feel free to leave your profile on here and we'll try to critique it.

My golden rule for messages is never send anything longer than 3-4 sentences. I have a 100% reply back rate this week with this strat and I've only sent messages to five other "very selective" girls aside from girl I should be dating sometime next week.

You must be doing something wrong. If you want, feel free to leave your profile on here and we'll try to critique it.

My golden rule for messages is never send anything longer than 3-4 sentences. I have a 100% reply back rate this week with this strat and I've only sent messages to five other "very selective" girls aside from girl I should be dating sometime next week.

Post your messages if you want. I wanna see what you're doing right.

Interesting. Suprisingly, the girl I meet on okc has A Lot of things in common interest with me.

I asked if she uses FB, she replied wanting to add me and did so. She's shy, cute, and very artsy. Last night I was asked out to go to a concert that's coming up in March.

4220951.jpg

Post your messages if you want. I wanna see what you're doing right.

Hmmmm, instead of posting my messages I'll just post a link here to the type of template I use when sending out messages.

http://www.spark.com/Applications/Article/ArticleView.aspx?CategoryID=2314&ArticleID=100000807

It's easy to modify and I've found out that the less you write, the more confident you seem as it's not as desperate.

Also, here's a link to my profile. Don't everyone stalk me at once now.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/rezznik

I'm having most of my success with this current version of my profile so hopefully it helps someone out.

Interesting. Suprisingly, the girl I meet on okc has A Lot of things in common interest with me.
I asked if she uses FB, she replied wanting to add me and did so. She's shy, cute, and very artsy. Last night I was asked out to go to a concert that's coming up in March.

Reminds me of one girl I met on Match two years ago. Please remember to ask her out on a coffee date before the actual concert. I'm talking about weeks in advance just so you two learn at least some things about the other. It's hard to talk person-to-person at a concert so feel free to learn from my mistakes :D.

Even moderate success stories give me hope.

I trust that getting approx. one-two dates per month (when I try...) with different girls counts as moderate success story?

Granted, I'm not highly addicted to the website and/or the dating process for that matter. I'd still rather try and focus on one girl at a time since I have other shit I need to do and not just have three or four dates a week. So ya, I'm picky and I also tend to stop messaging girls when I get bored or weirded out. So to be fair, don't ever be shocked if someone ignores your message(s).

Reminds me of one girl I met on Match two years ago. Please remember to ask her out on a coffee date before the actual concert. I'm talking about weeks in advance just so you two learn at least some things about the other. It's hard to talk person-to-person at a concert so feel free to learn from my mistakes :D.
Lol. Thanks Brosky! I'll take your suggestion :)
Just make sure that you're confident when you do ask her. G/l!
Will DO!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

I don't think his story was ever proven to be true or false but evidence seemed to point at it being legit. I don't think he was banned for not following up, but because it went too deep with people uncovering the information. I guess much like getting to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world will never know.

zlatko

Banned
shit, got messaged by an attractive girl, all she said though.. "hey".. fuck man, put a little effort into it :(

I roll with it. The fact she said hey means she at least finds you attractive. Shy girls are on the site too man.

I hate short and awful replies myself, but I do the best I can to get them to come out of their shells.

dralla

That's usually all girls ever send.

Hey. Hi. What's up? How are you?

I actually got a really good message from a good looking girl, like a couple of paragraphs. All the others though, just one or two words :/

and it seems like I may have jumped the gun on the 'attractive' part, there were 2 girls in the pic, I thought she was the other one lol

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Should evolution and creationism be taught side-by-side in school?

Yes, students should hear both sides

Students have to consider religion when learning about history and different cultures. I don't think students should be taught to think one religion is more or less correct than another or more correct than science.
This killed me.

zlatko

Banned
You trying to hit on me bro? :p

Not even bro. I'd let you double team a fine lady from OKC with me though. SHOTGUN THE FRONT! :D

I actually got a really good message from a good looking girl, like a couple of paragraphs. All the others though, just one or two words :/

and it seems like I may have jumped the gun on the 'attractive' part, there were 2 girls in the pic, I thought she was the other one lol

I think I've only had that happen once or twice myself. Where it was long and well put together. The shit that sucks is one of them was probably a few days ago, we get to talking, we exchange #'s to text, then stops replying to texts so I don't do any back either since I don't want to come off pushy or annoying, then the profile is off OKC. Oh well. I tried.

Most I get do just say hey or what's up when I get them. Shit's whack, but like most guys if she's cute I'll try to get back at her even if it was just "hey."

Disabled my account for a bit, haven't had much luck recently and I always seem to do better when I've been away for a bit.

Also a gaffer sent me a message which I totally forgot to respond to, sorry! Shoot me a PM or wait till I reactivate and I'll get back to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom