• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastry

Banned
When asking a girl if she wants to meet up do y'all try and steer the conversation towards that so there is an opening or just ask out of the blue?

Been messaging this cute girl on POF, about five or six messages deep right now. Our conversation started by talking about a restaurant/bar we both like in a certain part of town and the conversation has since moved to music. She seems really cool and the responses are good I just can't figure out how to go about this one.

When asking a girl if she wants to meet up do y'all try and steer the conversation towards that so there is an opening or just ask out of the blue?
"Hey would you like to meet up, I don't like to waste time so if I'm going to murder you then we better fit it in soon, I got a busy schedule".

Something like that.

zlatko

Banned
"Hey would you like to meet up, I don't like to waste time so if I'm going to murder you then we better fit it in soon, I got a busy schedule".

Something like that.

^ this. Hook, line and sinker!

Personally, I wouldn't just flat out ask her. I'd exchange numbers, text for a day, then ask her out on a day that works for both of you.

That's just me. :)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think I might be religious intolerant. Just now when reading a profile of a girl who seemed pretty cool I instantly became incredibly hesitant when I see "Catholicism and somewhat serious about it". I know not all religious people are wackos, but as I'm agnostic I see it being a huge potential issue.

zlatko

Banned
I think I might be religious intolerant. Just now when reading a profile of a girl who seemed pretty cool I instantly became incredibly hesitant when I see "Catholicism and somewhat serious about it". I know not all religious people are wackos, but as I'm agnostic I see it being a huge potential issue.

Just win her over to your darkside. Unless the profile says super serious about it, and I see Godly things on the profile, I'll still message.

Hell I've set records for messages in the last few days I'm sure. IDGAF attitude is the best way to approach it. She's cute, not above 20% enemy, has something I can start a topic a message off of(even was able to from an empty profile except the side being filled out), and I'm golden.

Got another number for a girl to text, and made plans with one for this weekend. Probably will be making plans with 1 more girl from work.

At this point I just want to go out and talk to more girls. If I happen upon a cute NERDY girl, then I'll pump the breaks on anyone else.

Maddocks

I agree, I seen that as a deal breaker only because if they are serious about it, then that means preaching. I only say that because in the past if it was serious then that means,"hey you let God in your heart?" I always always always quote my main man Robert Langdon,"My mind tells me I will never understand God. And my heart tells me I am not meant to. Faith is a gift that i am yet to receive."

thats when the girl usually bails out.

Pastry

Banned
^ this. Hook, line and sinker!

Personally, I wouldn't just flat out ask her. I'd exchange numbers, text for a day, then ask her out on a day that works for both of you.

That's just me. :)

Hmm yeah the way I usually go about it is schedule a date on OKC or POF then send my number just in case they need to change plans or need directions or whatever. Not sure why this one feels different.

zlatko

Banned
Just saw a profile of a girl wearing a t-shirt that says "I swallow." Then in another pic she has a tattoo, of a swallow holding a word banner that also reads, "I swallow."

My brain hurts. Hold me GAF. :(

Maddocks

Just saw a profile of a girl wearing a t-shirt that says "I swallow." Then in another pic she has a tattoo, of a swallow holding a word banner that also reads, "I swallow."

My brain hurts. Hold me GAF. :(

link it so we can discuss it like adults and with luck....meet our future ex wife.

That happens to me when I see agnostic. I feel like 5 percent of the ethusiasm die. Its sort of a sad feeling that me and her wont be compat because of beliefs.

Joined Plenty of Fish recently, setup a nice profile with a decent pic of me. Still no response from girls, so I changed my profile from seeking female to male and boom...God why wasn't I gay?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You're not paying for dinner, right?

Once out the four dates I paid for dinner. Date 2. She's mentioned the whole finding a job thing is holding her back. I've kind of moved on to looking for others and an just leaving this one sit. If it goes it goes.

Sucks though because I haven't had a ton of luck on there. Ill keep sending messages though.

It's been getting a little easier now, especially now that I kinda have a schtick, lol.

- look at profile
- sees they like video games
- mentions I work in the gaming industry, blah blah blah
- ???
- profit (well, if it was only that easy)

2 numbers just last night from pretty cute girls. Feels good man.

tumblr_lwhfppYTrx1qeuugko1_r1_500.gif

Just celebrated the one-year anniversary with this girl. It's been a very fulfilling year with her, she's far and away my best friend now. We're on track to move in together once I transfer to school in Milwaukee, which is a year and a half away, which sucks, but it gives us more time to save up so we're not living in squalor.

Damn, I love her.

Anyone having trouble with the site, don't fret. Just message someone who captures your fancy and be chill about it.

Aegus

Progress Report on this Girl

So been talking via Steam twice since then. But she's always been the one to initiate contact and I reply. Like I see she's on Steam and message her, but she doesn't reply.

First time I was at a friend's and couldn't really talk to her for long, the second time was on Sunday where talked for like an hour and a half. And it was really fun talking to her and I could tell she liked talking to me.

Anyways.... she ended up giving me her number and email so I could...wait for it...let her know when I was going to be playing L4D2 with my friends so she could join us. I even had a perfect opportunity to ask her for coffee when she asked if their was a ritual to join our group.

Her profile did make her sound shy so I'm not really fussed about what feels like a slow pace to this.

Will probably ask her if she wants to meet next time I talk to her.

Just celebrated the one-year anniversary with this girl. It's been a very fulfilling year with her, she's far and away my best friend now. We're on track to move in together once I transfer to school in Milwaukee, which is a year and a half away, which sucks, but it gives us more time to save up so we're not living in squalor.

Damn, I love her.

Anyone having trouble with the site, don't fret. Just message someone who captures your fancy and be chill about it.

Congrats!

Progress Report on this Girl

So been talking via Steam twice since then. But she's always been the one to initiate contact and I reply. Like I see she's on Steam and message her, but she doesn't reply.

First time I was at a friend's and couldn't really talk to her for long, the second time was on Sunday where talked for like an hour and a half. And it was really fun talking to her and I could tell she liked talking to me.

Anyways.... she ended up giving me her number and email so I could...wait for it...let her know when I was going to be playing L4D2 with my friends so she could join us. I even had a perfect opportunity to ask her for coffee when she asked if their was a ritual to join our group.

Her profile did make her sound shy so I'm not really fussed about what feels like a slow pace to this.

Will probably ask her if she wants to meet next time I talk to her.

Go for it, what do you have to lose?

jorma

is now taking requests
So i just got an (unsolicited) mail from Mistress Mia.

She informed me that i might be a sub without knowing. And that she'd be cool with it if i wanted to wear womens clothes in private or in public. And some other stuff.

I'm positively intrigued.

So i just got an (unsolicited) mail from Mistress Mia.

She informed me that i might be a sub without knowing. And that she'd be cool with it if i wanted to wear womens clothes in private or in public. And some other stuff.

I'm positively intrigued.

Someone post a SFW picture.

I think that pretty much no matter what I'm going to recommend that you proceed.

jorma

is now taking requests
Someone post a SFW picture.

I think that pretty much no matter what I'm going to recommend that you proceed.

There's no picture in the profile. Her presentation indicates that she wants me to

"chauffeur me Gardening financial worship shopping , writing research Building fence.balcony etc. You can cross dress inside or outside"

I might also have to wear a chastity belt.

Is your recommendation still that i proceed? :p

Maddocks

There's no picture in the profile. Her presentation indicates that she wants me to

"chauffeur me Gardening financial worship shopping , writing research Building fence.balcony etc. You can cross dress inside or outside"

I might also have to wear a chastity belt.

Is your recommendation still that i proceed? :p

I recommend you ignore it.

So I'm still seeing the one girl I went out with a couple weeks ago.

Had for the first time in a long time message me first unprovoked, and all she wanted to know is how can I like Twin Peaks >_<

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm starting to worry that I haven't heard back from the woman I asked to go out on a date with Thursday. She's been online in the last 24 hours since I messaged her; I felt pretty confident she'd say yes. Maybe it was just too soon.

RoH

I'm starting to worry that I haven't heard back from the woman I asked to go out on a date with Thursday. She's been online in the last 24 hours since I messaged her; I felt pretty confident she'd say yes. Maybe it was just too soon.

All is lost until it's not lost. Go grab a smoothie, then start talking to other women while she thinks things over.

Futureman

Had for the first time in a long time message me first unprovoked, and all she wanted to know is how can I like Twin Peaks >_<

what? Tell her to fuck off.

I've had terrible luck lately with having a few back and forth messages with promising girls and then nothing. The highest match in my area (94%) has a username for a band I love and our music taste is crazy close and she didn't even respond :(

Gonna hit up this one other chick and then maybe deactivate and lay LOW for a month or two if she doesn't respond. OKC can become kind of addictive.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
All is lost until it's not lost. Go grab a smoothie, then start talking to other women while she thinks things over.
Of all the things you could have picked.
KuGsj.gif
Inside joke between a friend and I.

I've learned to NEVER put all my eggs in one basket; I'm chatting with another lady right now. I just migrate from one to the other. I gave up on the girl who was super awesome because I felt there was too many suitors after her and I couldn't be the person she wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom