• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az987

all good things
lol last night I sent a happy valentines day to someone I went to school with without even realizing it.

I was home schooled for high school though so when she messaged me back I was like you kind of look familar.... Ah, that's funny. I can't believe I recognized someone after 14 years from when she was 12. I must have a better memory than I thought.

zlatko

Banned
Disabled account because I met someone and am too tired to make contingency conversations.

I'm in the same boat. On one hand I want to keep messaging other girls so I don't set myself up for a disappointment, but date 2 last night was just stellar.

I took her to a place here that is an arcade, bowling alley, laser tag, and just a cool fun center. We had a blast, super flirtatious, and I like how cool we are when we interact with each other.

After we went to a cool little Italian food place that was 30 minutes away. Talked a lot in my car there and back. The dinner was a hilarious exchange of conversations, and our waiter was a funny dude too. We were the last ones there, so the staff was pretty laid back, and I sat next to her instead of across from her.

Date ended with a kiss in my car, and us wanting to hang out again. It really blows my mind how much we have in common, even with our ex's and why break ups happened.

So yeah I don't see the point into keeping my OKC up anymore, but I know she's still using hers. She's been on one other date that went poorly from what she told me, but I don't know if I've made a good enough impression yet that she'd shut hers down too if I did mine.

I'm going to disable mine now...and see if at our next date she followed suit.

I can't stand how shallow and feeble minded some of these women can be.

Ohh you are everything I want, you're funny, romantic, etc....BUT You're a couple inches shorter than me, and well that's like totally awkward and against the norm, and it'd make me feel odd being seen with you in public, no kthanksbai

I can't stand how shallow and feeble minded some of these women can be.

Ohh you are everything I want, you're funny, romantic, etc....BUT You're a couple inches shorter than me, and well that's like totally awkward and against the norm, and it'd make me feel odd being seen with you in public, no kthanksbai

Someone actually said that to you?

zlatko

Banned
Pretty much except the knothanksbai

Not worth your time anyway if she's that petty. At the same time, if that means a lot to her, you have to just respect it on some level and let her keep hunting like you are. It seems like a minor thing to me, but if she feels she's "settling" because of the height issue, then it'd never work in the long run anyway.

Shit sucks, and she's probably not what you really want anyway.

Not worth your time anyway if she's that petty. At the same time, if that means a lot to her, you have to just respect it on some level and let her keep hunting like you are. It seems like a minor thing to me, but if she feels she's "settling" because of the height issue, then it'd never work in the long run anyway.

Shit sucks, and she's probably not what you really want anyway.

I know, I just find it a bit more awkward when she was the one who initiated the conversation...

The sad bit, it's not she was some 5'10 Amazon Goddess, she's 5'6 and I'm 5'5.

zlatko

Banned
I know, I just find it a bit more awkward when she was the one who initiated the conversation...

The sad bit, it's not she was some 5'10 Amazon Goddess, she's 5'6 and I'm 5'5.

LMAO! Well that's just fucked up. I guess she just wanted some kind of excuse to drop the conversation with you and saw that as an out....

dralla

Ever since I put up a new pic, I've been getting messaged! I'm surprised, it's no the best pic, but I was told to put it up from a female friend and it worked! Picture - http://i1.minus.com/jbbtxKPdSTE4GY_e.jpg

Anyway, it's been going well with the girl I've been talking to. Hopefully we can finally meet up next week once our schedules get a little less busy. She went to visit a friend in PA and asked if I wanted anything :D

zlatko

Banned
Ever since I put up a new pic, I've been getting messaged! I'm surprised, it's no the best pic, but I was told to put it up from a female friend and it worked! Picture - http://i1.minus.com/jbbtxKPdSTE4GY_e.jpg

Anyway, it's been going well with the girl I've been talking to. Hopefully we can finally meet up next week once our schedules get a little less busy. She went to visit a friend in PA and asked if I wanted anything :D

That's one of the biggest hurdles to these sites: time. Plus, shit comes up and people have to rain check. If you can actually sync it up, and the first date goes well, then you are in the clear. :)

I'm having date 3 it seems Monday with this girl I think is amazing.

This will be the biggest challenge night to see if she would potentially want to date me thereafter. I rent out a room from my brother in law and sister. It's not by any means much, and while it is of course temporary, I think it could be a deal breaker for her. She has her own place, is a bit older than me, and has a kid. While I have a great job, more plans for college, am driven, it can all still be unraveled by my current living situation.

Either way date 3 is Castle Crasher co-op, and a movie off NetFlix. If it all goes well then hopefully we can start seeing each other... at least to the extent of not wanting to go on dates with others. I think she's more of the go at it slow kind of girl, and so I won't be asking her out to officially date or anything until a few more good dates/hang outs.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I feel like the current text messaging back and forth between the girl I started talking to two weeks back on the site is going well, but far too formal. I'm not sure if it's okay to act flirtatious.
We've only gone out once and that was this past Sunday.
Any update on this? I thought about your situation today related to mine.

fjmkZFa.png

I can't help I got two degrees in English and Writing.

bjb

Banned
Except her profile was littered with all that gushy sweep me off your feet dribble

That's irrelevant. Admitting you're a hopeless romantic is essentially flashing the loser / can't get laid card. It's a negative and unfavorable insinuation under any circumstance.

Futureman

girl who I dated for a few weeks in college just looked at my profile. Her account is pretty annoying... apparently she's engaged and she has something like, "Please send me a message so me and my fiance can laugh at you." OH REAL COOL.

if I was engaged to someone and they still had an OKC profile up checking guys out I'd be kinda worried.

fjmkZFa.png

So awkward. I'm glad she called you out.

It's like you're flirting with someone in real life. Do you ask all these questions and tell your generic life story? Most people just use a few suggestive jokes and get witty banter going. Like you say you're good at sarcasm. SHOW IT. Be sarcastic and funny rather than saying you are.

pikablu

I've found that saying little at first keeps them more interested. And if they actually reply you didn't waste all of your time typing up a life changing introduction.

Biggest problem I've been having lately is starting it off really good though texts and then meeting them. Usually I screw something up and then they never want to see me again. Either that or another date they recently went on went better. I just wish more girls would be brutally honest and not leave you wondering what/if anything went wrong.

Popped into my fake account after a few days of inactivity

77 messages
280 visitors

Here are some messages from females

You seem interesting, and I'd be down to learn more if you're into it. Name's Avery :)

I like to read, and am not a gent (at least at last check).

Saw your message to the gents but I didn't know if that applied to the ladies as well (and I am a lady too).

Not sure what you're looking for but I thought I would at least drop a quick note to say hi =]

A bro
Ok, so I made this thing last night because my friends told me it was a newer site that had decent girls on here. I found out they lied about decent girls already and honestly think you are the best looking girl i've came across so far. You look like my type of girl physically soooo now i'd like to find out if our personalities match up.

And seriously?

I first noticed your seductive gaze.

8==D. Thanks. Get to know me, I'll challenge you.

SolKane

I just found an old friend of mine on OkCupid. I used to have a huge crush on her but never did anything about it. We are a 93% match, and I think I might even be in love with her.

http://i.imgur.com/fjmkZFa.png[IMG]

I can't help I got two degrees in English and Writing.[/QUOTE]

You ended your last sentence with a semicolon? You should send those degrees back.

fmpanda

Haha, amazing.

Indeed. Her short attention span is short.

That does make me think about some profiles that I hop on while browsing for matches, that have a list of requirements for how they want to be messaged, usually starting with that the male in question is not allowed to just say "Hello", "Hi", or "How's it going?", and that he needs to put some excitement and effort into his message. Of course, when one does try to send a message holding to those lines, they don't reply. You almost need a message generator now and days.....I wonder if that 30 Shades of Grey one would work out?

fjmkZFa.png

Ha, I know what that's like. My BA is in LA Film Studies and I work partially within the anime/gaming press industry so I hate writing short messages. Granted though, I usually look at it like this. First message nothing more than 3-4 sentences as there's a good chance I'll never receive a response so why waste more than five minutes?

I usually start to write longer and longer messages from there until I (hopefully) meet them. Anddddd, it's best not to get too caught up in writing to any particular girl on OKC. Speaking from my experiences :p.

I got an email saying that one girl had rated me highly, so I visited her profile. Liked what I saw enough to send her a message. I kept it pretty short, complimented her movie taste (we both list The Big Lebowski #1), and said we should chat sometime.

I swear, if this one turns into a no-reply, I might give up on the site.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So out of the blue this attractive girl started messaging me. She seems cool, except that she's about to go to school to be a minister. She just got done going to the college I went to, and she notes that she likes to go out and party, but mentions religion a lot in her profile and I'm Agnostic.

She seems to be interested, do I give it a shot? I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I'm not sure we'll ever work out being that I don't care about religion at all, but who knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to find someone who's only interested in meeting up about twice a month is severely limiting the people I talk to. I just don't have time for others! I mention in my profile I'm only looking to meet up with someone a couple times in a month as that's all I can spare (and honestly, all I want to even bother with) but damn.

Ha, I know what that's like. My BA is in LA Film Studies and I work partially within the anime/gaming press industry so I hate writing short messages. Granted though, I usually look at it like this. First message nothing more than 3-4 sentences as there's a good chance I'll never receive a response so why waste more than five minutes?

I usually start to write longer and longer messages from there until I (hopefully) meet them. Anddddd, it's best not to get too caught up in writing to any particular girl on OKC. Speaking from my experiences :p.

When it comes to messages like that the thing to remember is that it's essentially a conversation. Would you just start asking questions rapidly one after the other before she has a chance to answer? No. So don't do it on OKC either.

When it comes to messages like that the thing to remember is that it's essentially a conversation. Would you just start asking questions rapidly one after the other before she has a chance to answer? No. So don't do it on OKC either.

I don't think asking 2-3 questions about their profile is overly rapidly...

It's not an interrogation..

So out of the blue this attractive girl started messaging me. She seems cool, except that she's about to go to school to be a minister. She just got done going to the college I went to, and she notes that she likes to go out and party, but mentions religion a lot in her profile and I'm Agnostic.

She seems to be interested, do I give it a shot? I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I'm not sure we'll ever work out being that I don't care about religion at all, but who knows.

Pretend you are interested in religion. Sniff out the dtf vibe. If detected, smash with extreme prejudice. Continue as long as beneficial.

bjb

Banned
I don't think asking 2-3 questions about their profile is overly rapidly...

It's not an interrogation..

No it just radiates an unwelcoming sense of clingy/neediness that you should be trying to avoid.

In addition to mentioning your a hopeless romantic. That was your critical error beyond the length of your message.

Pastry

Banned
Back to the grind! Was dating/talking to a girl for a bit and she was trying to move way too fast and it kind of freaked me out. Going to focus on OKC for now instead of POF and see how that works for me.

Alright, looks like this one is going to be a no-reply. She visited my profile half an hour ago, but nothing in the inbox.

I'm wondering if my message sucked. I said "Hi (her profile name), how's it going? I noticed that your taste in movies is phenomenal, particularly your top choice. I was just thinking of including Groundhog's Day too, since I watched it earlier this month. :)

You seem cool. I moved recently, and I'm also looking for someone to have a fun adventure with, so we should chat sometime."

The part of her profile where it says You Should Message Me If listed "if you're looking for someone to have adventures with," but I might have overplayed that part of the message.

Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom