• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastry

Banned
Bah, I'm five messages deep with this girl and she's responding pretty well, actually having a conversation that is more than a couple of sentences. Can't decide if I should pull the trigger and ask her if she wants to get a drink later this week or wait another couple of messages. Don't want to ask too soon but I also don't want her to lose interest. She's hot so this one feels slightly intimidating as opposed to the other girls I'v asked out on this where I was just like fuck it.

Update: Got a date with this girl on Saturday, I'm pretty excited. Hopefully all goes well, she seems pretty chill.

Duderz

Banned
Put me down also for recommending "pizza or sushi" as a conversation opener. Was curious enough to try it and sure enough!

Landed a number and a date within 2 messages.

This is getting annoying. I've messaged like 6 different girls and haven't really gotten any responses.

I'm assuming it's my profile so if any OKCupid experts want to help me touch up my profile that would be awesome.

Darklord

Banned
I seem to be getting a lot of profile views and even several high ratings but no messages. Should I message girls who visit my profile?

Man i suck at dating. 3rd time where I failed after first date. First time, the girl replied with a short message and politely decline any further date. The next 2 dates both never reply back. I only sent one msg out the dat after saying that I had a good time so it is not like I bombarded them with txt asking for second date. Maybe I didn't compliment them or know how to flirt or something. This is pretty disappointing.

Live and learn, my friend. I'm in the same boat so I've picked up a dating book again. What's funny is that the last three girls before the last two I asked out/went out with were digging me and I could have easily gone out with all them again. I just wast digging them so I went MIA.

Best advice is to stay composed, which is easier said than done. After passing tests from hee dates, I got a bit complacent that I could pass most tests from girls. Whoops lol.

If the okcupid date didn't cancel last night, I don't think I would've had as much fun as I did last night. I always forget how much easier it is for me to meet people out in the wild. So mental. xD

This is getting annoying. I've messaged like 6 different girls and haven't really gotten any responses.

I'm assuming it's my profile so if any OKCupid experts want to help me touch up my profile that would be awesome.

1) 6 girls is a very, very small sample size to get discouraged
2) It could be your messages and not your profile
3) post a link to your profile

Ultima_5

If the okcupid date didn't cancel last night, I don't think I would've had as much fun as I did last night. I always forget how much easier it is for me to meet people out in the wild. So mental. xD

idk why but i find it impressive how you keep trying to get attention by beating around the bush

So what. I doubt anyone in here will flat out tell you they think you're full of shit.

Now if you made a new thread that would be another story.

Now share.
image.php

Ashodin, the stuff of legend

So what. I doubt anyone in here will flat out tell you they think you're full of shit.

Now if you made a new thread that would be another story.

Now share.

Fair enough. Apologies for the back and forth. :(

So after date got canceled right after I got out of work, I walked to a local pub to drink the sorrows away. Some girl (who I will call mom) comes to the bar and kinda makes a hilarious scene with her actual mom, I start to laugh at it, and we ended up talking for a bit. We exchange names and she goes off to her table and I go back to drinking and sending messages on OKCupid, lol. So after a couple pints, I think I'm about to head home, but mom comes up to me and starts saying what's up. We talk a little more and I end up going to her table and basically meeting her mom, dad, and friends. I learn she has 4 kids, a deadbeat father to her kids, 2 years older than me, and to top it off, she is taking me to karaoke with her friends after this. Having nothing better to do that night, I say fuck it and go. We end up doing karaoke with her friends and make our way into city centre.

The mom and I kinda get separated from the group and we go to a couple bars. We're both pretty fucked and I tell her we should probably head home, especially since she started talking about getting her kids ready for school in the morning. We leave and meet up with two of her friends in the street with some African American dude from New Jersey who was telling them to come to his house for some fried chicken and drinks, I shit you not. Red flags all over the place, but mom and I end up going with them in a taxi. There, Snorlax (the one who was snoring like crazy this morning) starts to hold my hand, which I was definitely not expecting. Then the mom was getting creeped out by the chicken dude so she pulls me to her side of the taxi and starts making out with me. Cool fucking deal. We eventually get to chicken dude's house and things got interesting. While chicken dude was trying his best to get with one of the friends, I was making the fuck out with the mom on the couch. Snorlax eventually came over and started giving me a handy. Fair enough, shit was getting real. xD And then, the mom mentioned her and Snorlax should try kissing each other and it totally started happening. Mind you, the smell of fried chicken cooking was overpowering the room. xD

So, the two girls end up forgetting about me and take their make out session to the bathroom. Sad, I end up going to the kitchen to see how the chicken is going and see chicken dude mad creeping on the other friend. I subtlety butt in and start talking about the states and what he's doing here in Sheffield. The other friend thanks me for stopping the creep from getting too crazy. She asks me if her friend basically became a lesbian with the mom and I tell her it has definitely happened. The other two come back from the bathroom talking about fish fingers and continue to make out on the couch. With the chicken finished, hardly anyone eats it as we're all pretty fucked. I decide to call a taxi and get us out of there since chicken dude began to creep again while one of the friends was sleeping on the couch. Taxi came and I got everyone out of there.

The mom started complaining how the deadbeat dad was waiting for her at the house (it was like 4 AM) and how she had to jump the gate to get in. She talked about bringing the other two back to her place (especially since Snorlax was still trying to mack out with her in the taxi), but when we got there, none of them were in a state to jump the gate. Since they lived up the street from me, we just left after watching the mom get over.

So we finally get to their place, but no one has any keys to get in. While one of the friends was looking for her keys in her bag, Snorlax grabs me and tells her to keep her warm. As we were hugging, she again proceeded to reach down my pants. Fair enough. xD So, the other friend (who kinda looks like the girl on YouTube that has the big boobs and teaches Japanese) says she can't find her keys. We all don't want to freeze outside so I say we should go to my place down the street. So we head to mine and attempt to go to bed. I get them some water, give them some pajamas, and I tell them I'll sleep on the couch, but Snorlax insists I sleep next to her. So things start happening while her friend is coughing like mad in the bed. It gets pretty awkward for me so I try to stop, but Snorlax keeps on going. While its getting hot and heavy, my hand gets pulled by the other chick and she places it on her bare ass. Whoa. So things got a little wild afterwards and then the snoring orchestra began.

It was a bit nuts last night.

image.php

Ashodin, the stuff of legend

Bless him.

^^ It's hard to find that story titillating once you started calling them Mom and Snorlax. But hey, good on ya, a threesome is on my bucket list so I'm jealous

^^ It's hard to find that story titillating once you started calling them Mom and Snorlax. But hey, good on ya, a threesome is on my bucket list so I'm jealous

Haha, yeah it is a bit silly, but her snoring was near impossible to sleep through. :(

And has anybody tried howaboutwe? I know nothing about it really and was wondering if it was a decent alternative to anything really.

Pastry

Banned
It's funny how hot and this can be. I was in a funk on OKC and not getting any replies and now I have a date on Saturday and two other good conversations going. Don't get discouraged.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I had a report done on the MyBestFace thang, to see which of my pics were found most appealing. Turns out, all of my pics but one were down-voted by women across all age groups! The one that everyone liked happens to be the one of me, in a pair of jeans and a white, non-description shirt, leaning against a tree looking all pensive.

Now my goal is to have my friends help me take some new photos, in non-nerd shirts of course.

It's funny how hot and this can be. I was in a funk on OKC and not getting any replies and now I have a date on Saturday and two other good conversations going. Don't get discouraged.

As we all know though, getting a date is only about 10-15% of the battle, everything else begins from there. Have fun!

Trez

Neo Member
Meeting up next sunday with this girl I messaged, funny enough she was the one who asked if I wanted to go for a cup of coffee, instead of I her.

She's 2 years older and about a quarter of my lenght shorter, but we just really get along with the apps, so I'm curious as to how all this is going to work out.

It was a bit nuts last night.

Telling us that you met the mom of the woman you name 'mom' creates a most distressing case of referential ambiguity when you later inform us of your sexual escapades with "the mom." At first I thought you randomly started making out with mom's mom in the taxi and was laughing at the thought.

Also, labeling mom's friend 'Snorlax' brings along certain connotations you may not have intended regarding her appearance. At least, I hope they weren't intended.

Ashhong

Got dammit donkey, give details on the threesome itself!

Also, is it wrong that I originally thought the threesome would be with a mom and her daughter? I'm only slightly disappointed...

Spinluck

So Donkey Show got the belt? Nice.

That destroys my Date with the Drug Dealer story, and my last OKc date.

Where the fuck do you live man?

(._.)

Banned
"HEY GURL WHEN YOU GONNA MAKE THEM CHEEKS CLAP FOR ME?!"

copypaste this to every good looking girl in your search.

LOL @ how EZ it is to get numbers from some of these chicks.

zlatko

Banned
Rated

Haha good story but like someone said above, I can't picture someone hot being referred to as Mom and snorlax.

The part of the story I don't find believable is that everyone lived down the street from each other. That isn't fishy to anyone else ?

So, two things:

1. Add another check to the "pizza or sushi" success list. Tried that line + a little line about Doctor Who (she's a fan). Worked well.

2. Found a girl I was a 98% negative match for, so I asked if she wanted to be "my new arch-nemesis". She actually looks really...wonderful. In product design, seems very fun.

zlatko

Banned
So, two things:

1. Add another check to the "pizza or sushi" success list. Tried that line + a little line about Doctor Who (she's a fan). Worked well.

2. Found a girl I was a 98% negative match for, so I asked if she wanted to be "my new arch-nemesis". She actually looks really...wonderful. In product design, seems very fun.

Doctor Who girls are the ones of dream man! Good luck. :)

Girl 2 may have just answered 1 question. Check the comparison stuff. ;)

Spinluck

Rated

Haha good story but like someone said above, I can't picture someone hot being referred to as Mom and snorlax.

Thanks mang, I returned the favor.

EDIT: Ever since I asked for the ratings, I've got double the views and that's excluding the GAFers hooking me up.

I'm currently talking to 3 girls who weren't on my local home list before. All are pretty attractive and had interesting profiles. One of them I think isn't really into me, but seems to message back like instantly, maybe it's just me making a crappy assumption.

The pizza and sushi worked only on those 3, but hey, I'm not complaining.

EDIT2: Why do some girls insist on flipping the bird in their pick, and not smiling? Those pics immediately put me off lol.

(._.)

Banned

lj7YRoo.png

IT WORKKKKKK JUST A FEW HOURS AGO FOR ME
I didn't actually end up going to see her tonight HOPEFULLY SUPER SOON

just make sure you have the playful/fun profile/personality to back it up, don't take yourself too seriously with your responses if they find it funny, and don't get put off by the prissy responses you'll get back from some of the drama queens on the site.

So, two things:

The pizza or sushi line appears to be ineffective against Asian Bay Area girls...Either that ir someone else has beat me to the punch in my area....back to my old strat!

LOL, I never said they were hot. xD
The part of the story I don't find believable is that everyone lived down the street from each other. That isn't fishy to anyone else ?
Well relatively speaking they were all in the same neighborhood. It only takes a couple minutes walk downhill from theirs to mine. Local pubs here in Sheffield and the UK in general are literally local.

ToD_

Alright! Going to meet up with someone tonight! We look like a good match on paper and she seems like a smart and attractive girl. Pretty nervous, it has been a while since I've done anything at all. The relationships I've had in the past have all been really long term.

Dicer

Banned
Back in the groove, met this new girl for dinner we made small talk and hardly ate, then ended up sweaty and naked in the front seat of my Jetta. I saw her again last night, and had quite the marathon.

Feels good man...except a little sore from banging in the front seat of a Jetta, lol

Raiden

Banned
Hey GAF, what's wrong with me: my profile?

Haven't been on there too long, but so far nothing much except messages from corpulent housewives. I'm thinking either A) I'm fairly ugly, B) I somehow come across as too geeky, or C) My profile contains something that I'm missing that's sending women in my area clicking away in horror.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance.

Dude change your profile picture to the one where you're wearing your white shirt next to the tree. Its your best one.

Ultimatum

Banned
I deleted my profile ages ago, but is there a way to get it back? Setting up a profile and answering those question takes soo long...

Pastry

Banned
I deleted my profile ages ago, but is there a way to get it back? Setting up a profile and answering those question takes soo long...

Not if you deleted it, you can disable your account and reactive it and everything will still be there. If you delete it though you're out of luck.

has anyone been emailed their OKCUPID best match results based on geographic areas?

Im left leaning, so lots of my answers to the questions were "liberal" (ie "is homosexuality a sin?" "do religious beliefs play a significant role in your life", "do you strongly prefer to date a member of your own race")..these were the questions I answered "no" on ...and the states with my best result were Oregon, Massachusetts, Rhode Island (whut?) Colorada and New York..states with my worst matches are Alabama (lol), Oklahoma, Wyoming, Louisiana, and North Dakota.
Countries with my best matches are Switzerland, South Korea(?!), Spain, Turkey (again,,whut?) and Denmark.
Worst countries were Lithuania, Singapore, Russia, South Africa, and Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom