• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
what's with POF attracting all these corny boring southern girls who think they're super hot shit? they're all ugly and they all seem to have this thing about them where they think they're better than everybody else. "I'M A SOUTHERN BELLE TREAT ME LIEK A PRINCESS WAHHH." at least okcupid gets some pretty cool chicks and the site has a more fun vibe to it. POF is just awful.

dralla

dude, so I said..peanut butter or cheese?

SHE SAYS NEITHER AGAIN

she takes the cheese off her pizza. TAKES THE CHEESE OFF. what is going on right now

dralla

guys, what?

OKCWHAT.png

Spinluck

The pizza or sushi question hasn't done much for me.

Maybe some brainstorming can give us better ice breakers. Lol.

what's with POF attracting all these corny boring southern girls who think they're super hot shit? they're all ugly and they all seem to have this thing about them where they think they're better than everybody else. "I'M A SOUTHERN BELLE TREAT ME LIEK A PRINCESS WAHHH." at least okcupid gets some pretty cool chicks and the site has a more fun vibe to it. POF is just awful.

And I'm still contemplating your method lol. Do you just say that to any random chick, or do you at least run past their profile? I tried it a few times on POF since I use that as a a guinea pig and got cussed out once, and a "Lol you first" the other time. I'm still talking to that girl too.

Where do you live btw? Cause here in Ocala all I get is the I'm a southern/country girl blah blah this somehow makes us better than most girls. My favorites is the, "I'm not here for sex!" *has pics of themselves in lingerie with their cleavage being centered, or asses sticking out*.

maxxpower

So I created a profile three days ago just for the fuck of it and I actually got a message from a cute girl. We messaged each other like four times and then she gave me her phone number and told me to text her. The problem is that I'm terrible at texting, I hate it. Any tips on being an interesting person over texts? I'm really good at talking to girls in person but when it comes to texting I can't keep their attention.

dralla

oh, I just thought of a good way to follow up to the "X or Y" questions. You say, something like..'you chose the correct answer, now I'll reward you with a 5 star rating' eh? that should get the ball rolling

considering the amount of messages a day girls get, it's not surprising. are you really judging someone because of how often they reply? cmon son

Disclaimer: I know I'm not supposed to take this personally, and I do make an effort not to do that. But the involuntary thought process is more or less the following:

I was pretty damn insulted by a recent no-reply. Girl hit up my profile after I sent the message, then viewed it again a few days later. Picturing her sitting there and mentally saying "Nope, not gonna reply" just filled me with rage. It's like you're saying that this other person is literally not worth the time it takes to write out an "I'm not interested" or whatever.

Not replying to the "Hai gurl, dat booty is bangin!" messages is one thing, but not replying to well thought out messages is just insulting.

Given that I'm not really messaging Adriana Lima either, it's even more insulting.

Az987

all good things
Lets see if anyone gets a reference to the movie Speed tonight.

Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?

Now who do I send this gem to... Hmm

Women get a truck load of messages on OKCupid so that "replies selectively" stuff doesn't mean a lot.

It makes me think that maybe okcupid should have some moderators to "cull the herd" so to speak. I'm picturing a system where women could report the "Hai gurl, dat ass..." kind of posts, and those users would get banned. You'd have fewer idiots clogging up the inboxes of women that regular dudes want to get with.

It makes me think that maybe okcupid should have some moderators to "cull the herd" so to speak. I'm picturing a system where women could report the "Hai gurl, dat ass..." kind of posts, and those users would get banned. You'd have fewer idiots clogging up the inboxes of women that regular dudes want to get with.

this would basically end OkCupid

dralla

It gets conversations going, which can lead to dates. I've been on about 5 or 6. Gonna be meeting another one sometime next week most likely too.

dralla

How about pickles or cucumbers and boxers or briefs.
XBOX OR PS3!?

Guy seems to be getting more replies than i have ever gotten in my 2 years on that shit site. Granted i dont use it a lot but still, fucked up and makes me want to rage.

dude, try asking dumb questions, you'd be really surprised at how effective it can be. think of all the shit girls have to wade through, getting a simple/playful/thoughtless question is probably a nice change of pace for them.

I'm off to bed now. Well, actually I need to play ODST, than bed.

Maddocks

they might be dumb questions, but they are ice breakers. To get your foot in the door. He still has to sell himself. You don't start in a relationship, you build to it via dumb questions that put you above the rest.

I was pretty damn insulted by a recent no-reply. Girl hit up my profile after I sent the message, then viewed it again a few days later. Picturing her sitting there and mentally saying "Nope, not gonna reply" just filled me with rage. It's like you're saying that this other person is literally not worth the time it takes to write out an "I'm not interested" or whatever.

If nothing else, you can use the site as a learning tool to curb the (irrational) indignation. A person may visit your profile and not send a message for a variety of reasons, only one of which is some all-encompassing judgment of you as a person. Besides, what's the relevance of some stranger thinking as such?

You're in control of your reactions to such events. Or, if you aren't, you can be with practice.

Unicorn

Well, since I'm not in a position to date right now, might as well give this pancake waffle thing a shot. Rarely got replies in the past. Then again I was super picky. I think OkC is just shitty in my area.

For whatever reason, POF attracts the flotsam and jetsam. Not good but for the occasional wet willy adventure, say I.

Pastry

Banned
Date tonight went awesome. We ended up hanging out and drinking for 5 hours. By the end of the night she was just like well I'm pretty blunt but I'd like a second date how do you feel... she was hot and cool as shit so clearly I said yes. Didn't get a kiss tonight but she was digging it so I'm okay with that.

(._.)

Banned
And I'm still contemplating your method lol. Do you just say that to any random chick, or do you at least run past their profile? I tried it a few times on POF since I use that as a a guinea pig and got cussed out once, and a "Lol you first" the other time. I'm still talking to that girl too.

Where do you live btw? Cause here in Ocala all I get is the I'm a southern/country girl blah blah this somehow makes us better than most girls. My favorites is the, "I'm not here for sex!" *has pics of themselves in lingerie with their cleavage being centered, or asses sticking out*.

I've just been spamming it to any girl I think looks sexy/cute. Some of them get overly offended, some think I'm actually 100% serious and call me a sicko/freak/asshole. I am sorta one, but in like a good way that crazy/fun/artistic girls enjoy!

Gotten nothing but hate from trying to joke/tease the girls on POF. HATE them so much, seriously hate them. boring chicks who are either overly religious or think they're god's gift to man. I'd hate to see what they think is a good message sent to them. probably the most disgusting ass kissing imaginable. I'm in the southeast so there are a ton of annoying souther girls here who range from looking pretty hot to being walking planets.

Either way I can see why some of these unbearable drama queens need dating sites so badly.

currently talking to this chick. borrowed some material from this thread at one point in our messages. she seems pretty cool and she is fucken banging. I love girls with a sense of humor. she can't sleep so I may be skyping with her in a sec :)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So yeah, finally decided I'd ask you guys and girls for your opinions on my profile:
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Beruto

What do you think?

It's actually kind of hard to find girls (that interest me) where I am, and I don't seem to be very successful so far. I've just tried the 'pizza or sushi' thing. We'll see if that works.

Obviously if anyone is kind enough to give me a 5-star rating I'll take it!

Unicorn

I've just been spamming it to any girl I think looks sexy/cute. Some of them get overly offended, some think I'm actually 100% serious and call me a sicko/freak/asshole. I am sorta one, but in like a good way that crazy/fun/artistic girls enjoy!

Gotten nothing but hate from trying to joke/tease the girls on POF. HATE them so much, seriously hate them. boring chicks who are either overly religious or think they're god's gift to man. I'd hate to see what they think is a good message sent to them. probably the most disgusting ass kissing imaginable. I'm in the southeast so there are a ton of annoying souther girls here who range from looking pretty hot to being walking planets.

Either way I can see why some of these unbearable drama queens need dating sites so badly.

currently talking to this chick. borrowed some material from this thread at one point in our messages. she seems pretty cool and she is fucken banging. I love girls with a sense of humor. she can't sleep so I may be skyping with her in a sec :)

fuuuuuu

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom