• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Alright... I've asked her out and given her my number. We'll see. I think she's interested.
I also just replied to a couple of girls and asked if they wanted to hang out. I edited my profile a bit tonight and am feeling fairly confident, so fuck it.

Welp. 1st Girl I met on Okc. Was to go on the date didn't turnout well. She doesn't care to add anything interesting to conversations over the phone and has a crappy sense of humor.

Everything was going smooth in the beginning. Moving on.

Welp. 1st Girl I met on Okc. Was to go on the date didn't turnout well. She doesn't care to add anything interesting to conversations over the phone and has a crappy sense of humor.

If you're positive that she doesn't deserve another chance, then by all means move on. HOWEVER, if there's any lingering doubt ask her out again. Sometimes it takes people a bit of time to get warmed up to strangers. Don't make the same mistake I did the first time I got a date off OKC two years ago. I built this Godly image of this one girl I was talking to over messaging that she couldn't possibly live up to and ljbf'd her...and I was in a very similar predicament as you (no date in five years).

dralla

hah, this happened to me before. I decided to ask her our for a second time and give it another shot, and nope..same thing happened, trying to talk to her was like pulling teeth.

hah, this happened to me before. I decided to ask her our for a second time and give it another shot, and nope..same thing happened, trying to talk to her was like pulling teeth.

At least you knew FOR SURE before deciding to break it off. One of my bad habits (I admit) is that I'll often move on from person-to-person with online dating if I find one teensy little thing that bothers me after the first date....doesn't help when you know that with persistence you have another date right around the corner....thus the trappings of online dating.

That said, one of my NY resolutions in regards to dating is to give every girl at least one more chance after a first date...we'll see how this goes.

omgkitty

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the friend percentage and match percentage? One time I had a match percentage of liek 92% but the friend was literally like 30%. Makes no damn sense!

I have two dates scheduled for today. One for coffee and the other for dinner. I think I'm taking a break after this. Out of the 50 or so dates I've been on there has been only a handful that went past the first date.

I guess I was more surprised that you remembered the number, I think i've only been on like 10, but I'm definitely starting to lose track

I think I've been on somewhere around six online dates, but didn't really start getting into it until last August when I went on a date three times with a girl. I'm actually starting to lose track as well...but, if you're willing to count how many times a girl has told me she'd meet me and then she either stopped messaging or flaked.....shittons.

I guess I was more surprised that you remembered the number, I think i've only been on like 10, but I'm definitely starting to lose track

It's really just an estimate. I was going through my phone contacts to delete people I'm not in contact with anymore. I still had most of them in there.

I think I've been on somewhere around six online dates, but didn't really start getting into it until last August when I went on a date three times with a girl. I'm actually starting to lose track as well...but, if you're willing to count how many times a girl has told me she'd meet me and then she either stopped messaging or flaked.....shittons.

If I kept track of that, I'd be depressed in like 2 weeks. Thank god for selective memory

Just came back from a date with the girl who canceled on me last week. Everything went really well and we have something planned on Sunday, assuming I get back from the London-GAF meetup relatively unscathed. She was so shy and dorky cute, it was too much. :3

And as I got home, I got some messages from other girls as well on OKC. Can't complain. ^^

Just came back from a date with the girl who canceled on me last week. Everything went really well and we have something planned on Sunday, assuming I get back from the London-GAF meetup relatively unscathed. She was so shy and dorky cute, it was too much. :3

And as I got home, I got some messages from other girls as well on OKC. Can't complain.

Nice. You should invite her to the GAF meet up if you never wanna see her again :p

Spinluck

Of course these two girls that I've been texting all day say on their profile that they aren't interested in meeting in person.

Unless they put that there to scare off some of the pervys.

They're pretty cool. One is totally into my humor, and the other has a BUNCH of common interest with me.

Maddocks

pretty safe to assume I pissed someone off at okc. I must have sent,"make it clap for me gurl" to a admin or something lol Because I cant log in and I asked whats the deal and they havent got back to me yet. Safe to say my online dating days are, well gone as I only really like okc.

goodnight sweet okc, Ill miss your nipple slip pictures the most.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Of course these two girls that I've been texting all day say on their profile that they aren't interested in meeting in person.

Unless they put that there to scare off some of the pervys.

They're pretty cool. One is totally into my humor, and the other has a BUNCH of common interest with me.

Ask them to hang out.

Maddocks

wait, there's nipple slip pictures on there?

of course. some girls don't care and will post their modeling pictures that are more see through. Also okc downscale pictures, so you can always view picture and bring up their HQ pictures if the girl took a HQ picture. So might get lucky.

Things finally died out between mean and this woman I met on OKCupid.

Definitely a relief since I was getting sick of all the annoying text messages which was her primary method of communication. Since our schedules didn't mesh she seemed to be wanting more of a connection to happen though texts, which doesn't work for me at all. There's a lot of subtlety lost in communication when you receive "LMBO!!" as a response to your own nicely worded 140 or so character text.

Well I didn't say anything to her in person, that would've been weird. I messaged her months ago, no response, than I saw her and who I assumed was her BF in the store afterwards. Just a few days ago I did my pancake/waffle thang and she responded. Which has happened a lot, after getting no replies, sending the new message, and now I do. But It's hard to say why. I've added new pictures and changed my profile since I've sent out messages, so I don't know if it's that or the message. I know my profile is A LOT better now though, for sure. So are my pictures.

Still waiting on another girl too. Whose been busy with midterms/school, said she'd 'love' to meet up once she's finished, and honestly, this is the one who I think has the most potential, I'm not gonna lie, I'd be upset if we don't end up meeting, we seemed to really hit it off online. New girl is great though. And the..boring one, sent her my number today too, might as well take a chance with her too.

Spiritual successor to ashodin right here.

of course. some girls don't care and will post their modeling pictures that are more see through. Also okc downscale pictures, so you can always view picture and bring up their HQ pictures if the girl took a HQ picture. So might get lucky.

Just make a new account with a different email/username bro ;P. Then you can message girls who may have previously ignored you for a second time!

(._.)

Banned
Think I've found somebody on okcupid who isn't a total dumbass or insanely self absorbed. LOVE ON THE INTERNET. She has some killer blue eyes and knows how to rock red lipstick. She seems to really like my humor too. Gonna ask and see if she wants to go someplace fun this weekend :]

Think I've found somebody on okcupid who isn't a total dumbass or insanely self absorbed. LOVE ON THE INTERNET. She has some killer blue eyes and knows how to rock red lipstick. She seems to really like my humor too. Gonna ask and see if she wants to go someplace fun this weekend :]

Calm down there, broskue. You can't measure chemistry with someone until you're face-to-face; but good on you to take the initiative.

Hmm looks like my borderline trollish new profile is catching some attention. I notice the same person checking out my profile twice. Though she probably had to do a double take.

My dates yesterday were blah...first girl was really great but I don't think she was interested. The second girl was not as pretty as her pictures and she was boring. I'm thinking of taking a break for awhile.

My dates yesterday were blah...first girl was really great but I don't think she was interested. The second girl was not as pretty as her pictures and she was boring. I'm thinking of taking a break for awhile.

That's a shame but hey at least you got a fair few dates! Must be doing something right :)

(._.)

Banned
Calm down there, broskue. You can't measure chemistry with someone until you're face-to-face; but good on you to take the initiative.
No we gettin MARRIED this weekend. Gonna pick out the furnature for our first home on sunday.

I've met a few girls from the interwebz before not just from dating sites and I know what you're saying. The ones that were actual dates where i asked them out to dinner were awkward. I can't deal with super quiet girls. It's like they're chatty as hell in texr but when you meet they're super quiet and acan't hold a conversation :-/

No we gettin MARRIED this weekend. Gonna pick out the furnature for our first home on sunday.

I've met a few girls from the interwebz before not just from dating sites and I know what you're saying. The ones that were actual dates where i asked them out to dinner were awkward. I can't deal with super quiet girls. It's like they're chatty as hell in texr but when you meet they're super quiet and acan't hold a conversation :-/

You should try something more casual like a drink or coffee or even doing something since one on one dinner can be awkward if you've never met the person IRL. But yeah, I feel you, it happens

(._.)

Banned
You should try something more casual like a drink or coffee or even doing something since one on one dinner can be awkward if you've never met the person IRL. But yeah, I feel you, it happens
Good idea. I've been feeling way more casual/flirty lately so I dont think Im gonna bother suggesting dinner or something super traditional/boring as a first date again. Never taken a girl to a bar as a date? Usually pretty good first date?

Good idea. I've been feeling way more casual/flirty lately so I dont think Im gonna bother suggesting dinner or something super traditional/boring as a first date again. Never taken a girl to a bar as a date? Usually pretty good first date?

I usually ask for coffee or a drink, if a girl prefers drinks, she's probably more my type. Also it depends on the time of day, how you're feeling, etc. I think it's good because it lets me be my chivalrous self and pay for the girl, but you're not on the hook for much.

The key is finding a low key bar that's not gonna be filled with drunken idiots or loud music

I usually ask for coffee or a drink, if a girl prefers drinks, she's probably more my type. Also it depends on the time of day, how you're feeling, etc. I think it's good because it lets me be my chivalrous self and pay for the girl, but you're not on the hook for much.

The key is finding a low key bar that's not gonna be filled with drunken idiots or loud music

Another good piece of advice is to try and keep the first date short. Now it's hard if they live quite a distance from you, but I'm going to agree with this one piece of advice that I forgot over the past couple of years until recently. GIVE HER THE GIFT OF MISSING YOU. At least within the first couple dates of courtship.

Another good piece of advice is to try and keep the first date short. Now it's hard if they live quite a distance from you, but I'm going to agree with this one piece of advice that I forgot over the past couple of years until recently. GIVE HER THE GIFT OF MISSING YOU. At least within the first couple dates of courtship.

That's solid, I think I'll try that out. Sometimes if I'm having a good time, I'll just let it drag

I would always suggest drinks as a first date, I feel alcohol makes it feel less awkward. Doing it on a week night gives you an excuse to bail early and doesn't waste your weekend if it doesn't go to plan. Pub quizzes are good because it gives you something to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom