• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
literally the coolest and like my most ideal type ever viewed my profile. She is as hot as the sun. she lives over an hour away though FUCKING WHY :[

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Girl was even cuter in real life than on pictures, we both had fun and we agreed to keep in touch after they kicked us out because apparently there's a 2.5h limit on tables.

I'm happy.

wtfff.jpeg
Nope, not answering her.

Ramirez

literally the coolest and like my most ideal type ever viewed my profile. She is as hot as the sun. she lives over an hour away though FUCKING WHY :[

Long distance can work, I married my long distance relationship.

I've had no luck with this site though, lol. There is the one girl, and we talk sporadically, and we seem to get along, but I'm very skeptical that she is who she says she is based on what she's told me.

I have a date tonight with an old high school friend though, so fuck you OKC!

Claude

Catalina's bitch
What do you guys usually message someone if you're interested in them? I can't seem to think of anything interesting to say.

What do you guys usually message someone if you're interested in them? I can't seem to think of anything interesting to say.

Talk about details from their profile or what you have in common or don't.

Some recent first msgs:

Pic showing her back almost down to her butt crack: " Nice almost-butt you got there :O"

mutual 4/5 star rating: "Hi.
Woah, that is one sexualized nickname, hehe
So it appears like our characters/habits differ in a lot of ways while at the same time both of us are attracted to each other (I'm just assuming you got the same e-mail I did)....interesting. "

Most other msgs are in German or I'm being contacted first.

/btw. the first msg appears to have landed me buttseks - but we'll see where it goes..

Smiley90

Loving all of these success stories. Congrats.

Don't call it a success story just yet :p although I guess "not completely screwing up" is a personal success.

The best/funniest part was that we apparently both have an odd love for trains. Don't even ask me how or why, but I thought that was funny.

Ashodin

Talk about details from their profile or what you have in common or don't.

Some recent first msgs:

Pic showing her back almost down to her butt crack: " Nice almost-butt you got there :O"

mutual 4/5 star rating: "Hi.
Woah, that is one sexualized nickname, hehe
So it appears like our characters/habits differ in a lot of ways while at the same time both of us are attracted to each other (I'm just assuming you got the same e-mail I did)....interesting. "

Most other msgs are in German or I'm being contacted first.

/btw. the first msg appears to have landed me buttseks - but we'll see where it goes..

That conversation. Wat. Also nice Freudian slip with "glaze upon thy butt".

Don't call it a success story just yet :p although I guess "not completely screwing up" is a personal success.

The best/funniest part was that we apparently both have an odd love for trains. Don't even ask me how or why, but I thought that was funny.

Well just keep cool, enjoy company, and

tumblr_me66ooHR4J1rm39dxo1_500.gif

"Bee yourself"

(._.)

Banned
Long distance can work, I married my long distance relationship.

I've had no luck with this site though, lol. There is the one girl, and we talk sporadically, and we seem to get along, but I'm very skeptical that she is who she says she is based on what she's told me.

I have a date tonight with an old high school friend though, so fuck you OKC!

I'm very much against long distance. I'd get very blue very fast if I started crushing on a girl who I could only see on the weekends. I also would probably offer to do all the driving. Either way I don't wanna even get into something like that.

I think I'm going to commit to meeting a girl at a couple bars I frequent since the chicks there are very much like this dream girl of mine who is 80 miles away ._.

Not quite sure how I feel about this, not bothered though. Just never seen anything like this on OKC o_O

anybody have older lady's view your profile?

Fiftyeight

Neo Member
I'm very much against long distance. I'd get very blue very fast if I started crushing on a girl who I could only see on the weekends. I also would probably offer to do all the driving. Either way I don't wanna even get into something like that.

I think I'm going to commit to meeting a girl at a couple bars I frequent since the chicks there are very much like this dream girl of mine who is 80 miles away ._.

Not quite sure how I feel about this, not bothered though. Just never seen anything like this on OKC o_O

DO IT.

Necrovex

She looks like a milf. So, my advice is to go for it!
Yes, I know you aren't asking if you should proceed, but I'm telling you to do so anyway. Milfs are awesome.

ToD_

Yesterday, I had date number 3 with a girl I met through OkCupid. Had a great time, wonderful food and drinks, and spent the night at her apartment. One of the waiters at the restaurant approached us, and said we looked like the best couple he has seen in a long time - he actually seemed genuine. Oh, and she's an attorney, how cool is that? (I think it's impressive!)

Necrovex

I'd leave it alone because she's married.

Older is fine though.

I assume it's an open marriage. Now, if she is simply aiming to cheat on her husband (if that's the case, she is doing an ill job of covering it up), then I agree with your statement.

(._.)

Banned
She looks like a milf. So, my advice is to go for it!
Yes, I know you aren't asking if you should proceed, but I'm telling you to do so anyway. Milfs are awesome.

LMAO it's sort of a fantasy of mine but she is way too old of a milf for me. Like 36 years of age is the MAX I'd go with someone. She's five years younger than my mom. Her face doesn't look very good either imo but her body looks alright judging by pics.

Also, I am morally against affairs.

Yesterday, I had date number 3 with a girl I met through OkCupid. Had a great time, wonderful food and drinks, and spent the night at her apartment. One of the waiters at the restaurant approached us, and said we looked like the best couple he has seen in a long time - he actually seemed genuine. Oh, and she's an attorney, how cool is that? (I think it's impressive!)

Congrats on that. Were the three dates spread out?

Nice, that is impressive!

Ramirez

Fair enough, just throwing in my success story with a long distance relationship!

I was driving up to her place twice a week pretty much every week, which was a 2 1/2 hour drive each way, so it's definitely taxing on you at times.

Az987

all good things
I assume it's an open marriage. Now, if she is simply aiming to cheat on her husband (if that's the case, she is doing an ill job of covering it up), then I agree with your statement.

I don't really go for that either.

A lot of times the guy wants to watch and I'd always have this feeling like the guy is going to hit me in the back of the head while I'm screwing his wife.

So does that mean it is okay to use e-dating now and people won't consider you tainted and desperate for life?

I read this thread recently and went "hmmm".
Then I realized how much of a hassle dating sounded like.

I can just imagine profile preferences, though.

"Must be obsessed with cuteness."
"Must enjoy pink frilly things."
"Must enjoy video games."
"Must look like neither a man or a woman."

Awesome to hear such a success story. Here's hoping for your continued happiness :).

For me, I have a date this Thursday with another girl I met on OKC (one of my 95%ers). I'm taking her to this one restaurant called Mokutanya that serves ramen, rooster balls, snake and a few other exotic things.

Smiley90

I'm having a hard time from holding myself back from texting too much, after being in a relationship with so much texting involved. I have to get used to just "only" texting the bare minimum and not talking about minor things. :lol That's probably the hardest part right now. Not to scare her off by going into full-conversation mode over text. How often do you tend to text? Say, between a first and a second date? Not at all, only for minor things? (like "hope your day is going well, can't wait for Friday" or so)

Ashodin

I'm having a hard time from holding myself back from texting too much, after being in a relationship with so much texting involved. I have to get used to just "only" texting the bare minimum and not talking about minor things. :lol That's probably the hardest part right now. Not to scare her off by going into full-conversation mode over text. How often do you tend to text? Say, between a first and a second date? Not at all, only for minor things? (like "hope your day is going well, can't wait for Friday" or so)

Have you asked her how she likes to text? It's possible she's also waiting to be super textual with you.

Yeah, keep it to solid jokes occasionally. When you feel exclusivity coming on and you know enough about each other to have a lot of good things to talk about, that's when you can start texting all the time.

Smiley90

Have you asked her how she likes to text? It's possible she's also waiting to be super textual with you.

I don't ask, but she didn't seem like the type. I was actually somewhat afraid before the first date that she lost interest, because her texts weren't THAT enthusiastic (or at least they didn't seem to me, but then I only knew that my ex and me were super-texty), but at the actual date we talked a lot more, so I like to think she's just not too much into texting. I don't know for certain though.

Yeah, keep it to solid jokes occasionally. When you feel exclusivity coming on and you know enough about each other to have a lot of good things to talk about, that's when you can start texting all the time.

Yeah I'll try to keep it to that. Went with the classic had a good time/looking forward to hanging out again soon for now, and then I'll see what will come up the next few days. Have to keep myself from texting though, I'm not used to holding back. :p

Should I call about specifying the second date or text as well? I texted to set up the first date and we've already agreed to meet again, just nothing specific yet.

ToD_

Awesome to hear such a success story. Here's hoping for your continued happiness :).

For me, I have a date this Thursday with another girl I met on OKC (one of my 95%ers). I'm taking her to this one restaurant called Mokutanya that serves ramen, rooster balls, snake and a few other exotic things.

Thanks! And good luck on yours.

I have that issue as well. Thankfully, in my case, she responds well to texts and appears to engage in conversation. Try to keep it to a minimum, though.

So does that mean it is okay to use e-dating now and people won't consider you tainted and desperate for life?

In the end, it boils down to YOUR personal perceptions of it. If you worry too much about what people think about you in life, you're going to miss out on a lot of great stuff.

That said, online dating is now A LOT more accepted than it was before amongst peers. It's really a fantastic way to meet people who have similar tastes and values to you, so I'd recommend giving it at least a try if you're interested.

I have that issue as well. Thankfully, in my case, she responds well to texts and appears to engage in conversation. Try to keep it to a minimum, though.

Ya, don't like text 24/7/364. Maybe once or twice a day, send a few messages like you would a best buddy but don't hover around your cell and spend the entire day doing it. I like to keep it to five-six messages back-and-forth messages each then leave.

Ashodin

I don't ask, but she didn't seem like the type. I was actually somewhat afraid before the first date that she lost interest, because her texts weren't THAT enthusiastic (or at least they didn't seem to me, but then I only knew that my ex and me were super-texty), but at the actual date we talked a lot more, so I like to think she's just not too much into texting. I don't know for certain though.

Yeah I'll try to keep it to that. Went with the classic had a good time/looking forward to hanging out again soon for now, and then I'll see what will come up the next few days. Have to keep myself from texting though, I'm not used to holding back. :p

Should I call about specifying the second date or text as well? I texted to set up the first date and we've already agreed to meet again, just nothing specific yet.

I'm actually kind of in the same boat as you as well - my ex was super texty, but my fiancée is pretty much a non-texter. We communicate through facebook messenger, really.

LegendX48

Kinda nice to see some success stories here. I recently signed up for OkCupid after a talk with a friend and now that I have my profile sort of setup and a picture up I've gotten a couple visitors, one of them being said friend. Sent a message to someone yesterday, got a response earlier today and replied and now I'm kinda just anxiously playing the waiting game.

Gotta say, some of the questions that OkCupid asks are a bit odd seeing as I have zero experience with dating in general >.<

Here's me hoping for something positive!

This has probably already been covered but I'm finally getting lots of profile views but no messages. I have no problem sending the first message but I'm assuming this is pretty typical.

That's an awfully defensive response on her part -- strangely so.

Anyway, if you're interested in MILFs then there are a variety of them on OKC who aren't married and who do/do not have offspring, if that factors into your preferences. There's no reason to bonk someone's wife.

X-Frame

So I'm back on the OKC bandwagon after the last relationship (met through OKC) went downhill. I made a new account and it's crazy how many visitors I've gotten just in the last 12 hours since I made the account, and I haven't even completed my profile yet. 27/M btw.

I was sure to put several good pictures up first though.

When in doubt, ask them something random. I still get about 30-40% response rates to the "pizza or sushi" type of questioning.

Kinda nice to see some success stories here. I recently signed up for OkCupid after a talk with a friend and now that I have my profile sort of setup and a picture up I've gotten a couple visitors, one of them being said friend. Sent a message to someone yesterday, got a response earlier today and replied and now I'm kinda just anxiously playing the waiting game.

Gotta say, some of the questions that OkCupid asks are a bit odd seeing as I have zero experience with dating in general >.<

Here's me hoping for something positive!

Welcome to the wonderful world of online dating, where waiting anxiously is 1/2 the battle! Anyways good luck on the site. We're here if you need any feedback/help.

Looks like I got a date for Friday. We're going to a Thai restaurant. Hopefully I don't blow it. We have similar interest in games and television, but that hasn't helped before, so who knows?

Pastry

Banned
Haha well this was a pleasant surprise. Was hanging out with my OKC girl I'v been seeing for a couple of weeks and we got to the topic of board games. She started explaining to me her favorite strategies for Stratego and I figured alright well this is cool. Then we got to Monopoly and she was just like naw Pokemon Monopoly is my favorite version... wait what?

She then proceeds to explain to me how she has played every Pokemon game. I sat there in shock as we argued about Pokemon for the next hour. Sadly she thinks Gyrados is a shit Pokemon but this chick is very much a girly girl. I could not believe that she was this into Pokemon, she gave no indications in her profile about how nerdy she actually is. I can be a bro at times so I had never really brought up any of my nerdy tendencies before this conversation so it was pretty damn refreshing. GAF go find your PokeGal!

kamikaze

She then proceeds to explain to me how she has played every Pokemon game. I sat there in shock as we argued about Pokemon for the next hour. Sadly she thinks Gyrados is a shit Pokemon but this chick is very much a girly girl

lol, nice! gyrados is kinda shitty, though, dude...water and flying type that gets owned by electric types.

haven't posted in here for a long time. good to see other people having some more success.

i'm closing in on 1 year with a wonderful girl i met on OKC...had a few small bumps along the way but it's definitely been worth it and will hopefully last much longer.

persistence pays off...but i found it best to put a bit of effort into messaging a few times per week and not worry too much about the results. sometimes the replies are nonexistent and sometimes they're all responding.

met my current girlfriend after about 2 years on the site; she was the 3rd date in a busy weekend of 3 dates in 3 days with 3 different women. i'm far from a ladies man so that was really new for me.

before that, i think i'd been on dates with a dozen or more women through OKC. one lasted for a few months. a few others for a handful of dates...and the rest were one and done.

other posters are giving good advice so hopefully all of you who're looking will meet someone cool.

beanman25

Just gave the "5 star hack" a try. I've had horrible luck, so what the heck! Saw a few cringeworthy ones that I 5 stared, but whatevs. Hopefully someone likes me too, haha.

EDIT: Also it hardly had any people close to me. Maybe 10-15.

DOUBLE EDIT: One profile was blank and just had a pair of socks as a photo, haha.

Date went pretty well. Short but promising. We just went to a movie theatre and riffed Jack the Giant Slayer but that was pretty fun. Gonna probably see her again next monday and/or watch the GoT season premier with her on the 31st.

Date went pretty well. Short but promising. We just went to a movie theatre and riffed Jack the Giant Slayer but that was pretty fun. Gonna probably see her again next monday and/or watch the GoT season premier with her on the 31st.

This was a first date and you went to see a movie? That's usually a big no-no, but then again, rules are made to be broken. Glad it worked out!

Well I think it worked well because the theatre was empty (because who the fuck cares about Jack the Giant Slayer) so we didn't have to worry about volume control and just asked each other questions over the crappy trailers and had fun making fun of the movie.

LegendX48

so I decided to answer a ton of more questions and send a message to a couple more people instead of waiting for a response...

Coming up with a message is both fun and difficult lol

Well I think it worked well because the theatre was empty (because who the fuck cares about Jack the Giant Slayer) so we didn't have to worry about volume control and just asked each other questions over the crappy trailers and had fun making fun of the movie.

That's cool. I would have enjoyed that too. I guess it's just a rule I usually follow since, in most cases, you wouldn't have a chance to talk much.

That's cool. I would have enjoyed that too. I guess it's just a rule I usually follow since, in most cases, you wouldn't have a chance to talk much.

Agreed. I usually wouldn't recommend going to a movie until maybe 2nd or even 3rd date.

so I decided to answer a ton of more questions and send a message to a couple more people instead of waiting for a response...

Coming up with a message is both fun and difficult lol

It's even harder when they have nothing filled out in their profiles, but it's also not IMPOSSIBLE. Just need to be creative ;).

WriterGK

So I decided to start using this. So far I like it. I made an account on March 16 so like 3 days ago. So far I have had 11 who visited my profile(from who 10 with a picture and 1 without) and I have sent 7 messages and received just 2 answers yet. But most had that ''Reply Very Selectively''button at there profile. One reply was a short message saying that she already seen the movie the imposter and that its one of her favourites.
And the other reply was:
''Hoi .. is it ykrill or kyrill? Anyways, thanks for you message... I fear I don't like to communicate in written Dutch... it's not good enough.
Have a good time.
K ''

So I replied back that I don't mind communicating in English.

And Ok Cupid itself sent me emails I don't get like this one:

We have great news!

About you, Ykrill:

Your personality: Really great
How bad girls want you: So bad
Your profile, as of 8 milliseconds ago: Approved!

and this:

We're letting you know because she's an exceptionally good match. You should check her out too. And a couple things:

• we're smart about sending these: we'll only ever send one
per person you view
• viewing someone a bunch won't send multiples
• therefore you can stalk safely without looking like a stalker

Go get 'em!

But like many of you said in here its a waiting game.

Wazzim

Banned
I don't see how some girls have 'replies very selectively', those are the same who take the trouble to reply with an useless 1/2 word message like 'no' or 'no thanks'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom