• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

the more I look at it the more random and robotic it looks to me. Anywho, I sent that response about two days ago I think

edit: but idk, like I think I said in my other post, I'm completely new to this kind of thing

i'd given up on this one girl who hadn't decided on a meetup time. today (about a week later) she messaged me asking if next friday would be good. sometimes it's a matter of scheduling (school, work)... and maybe other guys not working out.

lol i would pay to see this.

also, velvet, it seems I already rated you before you posted your profile today

Thx man, i just rated everyone back 5 stars.

Sidetalk, but there was this girl that i contacted on OKC last fall that went to the same college as me but we'd never met. We exchanged numbers and facebook and were all set to meet. It wasn't an ideal time for me as i wasn't working and my car was in the shop getting fixed so i was broke and immobile. I guess she thought i was stringing her along so when i finally got my shit squared away and asked her out, she said she was already talking to some other dude.

Fast forward to this week and i noticed that she liked a bunch of my pics on instagram. Wth a bit of detective work on instagram and facebook, i noticed that she's single again and deleted all the pics of her and the guy she was seeing.So this evening i noticed she posted a pic of a vodka martini and i asked her if it was shaken or stirred. Long story short, i've got a date for friday night.

Fast forward to this week and i noticed that she liked a bunch of my pics on instagram. Wth a bit of detective work on instagram and facebook, i noticed that she's single again and deleted all the pics of her and the guy she was seeing.So this evening i noticed she posted a pic of a vodka martini and i asked her if it was shaken or stirred. Long story short, i've got a date for friday night.

Nice. It seems like you were cool about it when she initially told you about this other guy and that came back to you in a positive way. Props

Thx man, i just rated everyone back 5 stars.

Sidetalk, but there was this girl that i contacted on OKC last fall that went to the same college as me but we'd never met. We exchanged numbers and facebook and were all set to meet. It wasn't an ideal time for me as i wasn't working and my car was in the shop getting fixed so i was broke and immobile. I guess she thought i was stringing her along so when i finally got my shit squared away and asked her out, she said she was already talking to some other dude.

Awesome bro. Hope things works out for you!

In other news, I'm going on a dinner date tomorrow (I usually prefer coffee), should be fun. Wanted a change of pace from the usual spot (it gets boring and repetitive going to the same place every first date), so this will definitely be interesting.

Jzero

I made a "fake" profile to rate you guys haha. Wait, does it show i rated you guys on my profile? Just asking just in case i ever want to use the profile for reals.

Oh and btw a lot of the girls in the "You might like" section look so familiar for some reason even though i've never seen them o.0

because everyone else was doing it lol, anyone wanna give me some feedback on my profile?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/cxg21

Glad to see i'm not the only one with look aside syndrome.

http://i.imgur.com/Ki1TThu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C0wHpLT.jpg

Although sometimes I don't even look anywhere!

http://i.imgur.com/7Lo4vWM.jpg

And I have an okcupid account (without pictures) but... the people around my area, ugh... not for now at least. Then again I had the chance to talk with a girl for quite some days (gorgeous seemingly classy girl) and I wasted it by not talking to her. Now I regret it since it was a rehab center (for pain) and now she be gone :'(

PS: and if it wasn't obvious, rated!

dralla

damn, one of the girls I'm texting is texting me like I'm her BF already and we haven't even met yet, aka all day every day. Don't get me wrong, I like talking to her, but damn, I can see this ending badly lol I can tell I'm the only person she is talking to ATM too. Last night she asked if we could skype or talk on the phone, I said NO, hah. I'm gonna try and meet her tomorrow though, now I'm getting a little nervous.

Ashodin

damn, one of the girls I'm texting is texting me like I'm her BF already and we haven't even met yet, aka all day every day. Don't get me wrong, I like talking to her, but damn, I can see this ending badly lol I can tell I'm the only person she is talking to ATM too. Last night she asked if we could skype or talk on the phone, I said NO, hah. I'm gonna try and meet her tomorrow though, now I'm getting a little nervous.
Be careful man. Overly attached girlfriend starts early.

Also: the only streams ya'll mofos are getting is one when we're together to laugh at GAF :p

bailout.gif

dralla

nah, like I said, I like talking to her, I'd just to meet her before getting into 'text every day' territory.

On a side note, I asked out this girl for tonight who I just started talking to yesterday. Maybe it's too soon, but we've been talking HAMBURGERS and that gets me hype.

nah, like I said, I like talking to her, I'd just to meet her before getting into 'text every day' territory.

On a side note, I asked out this girl for tonight who I just started talking to yesterday. Maybe it's too soon, but we've been talking HAMBURGERS and that gets me hype.

Hence why I don't give the girl my number until we meet! Good luck, brah, Just make sure that you're not responding to every single one of her text messages. Be unpredictable ;). Assuming you're even vaguely interested in her....

Also: the only streams ya'll mofos are getting is one when we're together to laugh at GAF :p

I demand a refund!!!!! :V

So I was supposed to meet this girl for a late lunch today.

We planned to meet up at 2pm.

I got out of work at 12pm, she wouldn't give me her phone number so I sent her a message, telling her that was I just getting into the shower and ready, and I'll most likely leave by 1. At 12:50pm I see she hasn't viewed the message, so I sent her another, asking if we are still on, and no reply until 5 minutes ago. That she's at the place wondering where I am, and why would I want to re-confirm our date if we confirmed it last night.

I got out of work at 12pm, she wouldn't give me her phone number so I sent her a message, telling her that was I just getting into the shower and ready, and I'll most likely leave by 1. At 12:50pm I see she hasn't viewed the message, so I sent her another, asking if we are still on, and no reply until 5 minutes ago. That she's at the place wondering where I am, and why would I want to re-confirm our date if we confirmed it last night.

She's got a point, bro.

Something new that I learned from reading, always take their word that they're going to be there if you've already confirmed. If she's not going to be there, then she's doing YOU a favor as why would you want to date a flake? Also, by having to reconfirm after confirming, you're not doing yourself any favors and instead painting yourself in a negative light. Be CONFIDENT :).

haha what is wrong with you?

Something new that I learned from reading, always take their word that they're going to be there if you've already confirmed. If she's not going to be there, then she's doing YOU a favor as why would you want to date a flake?

I don't want to date a flake, but when I'm driving 45 minutes to SEE HER, I'd prefer some sort of confirmation that I'm not royally wasting my time, money and energy. I've gone on blind trust before, and that ended up with me getting stood up numerous times.

I don't want to date a flake, but when I'm driving 45 minutes to SEE HER, I'd prefer some sort of confirmation that I'm not royally wasting my time, money and energy. I've gone on blind trust before, and that ended up with me getting stood up numerous times.
Getting multiple confirmations isn't going to change that possibility. If you don't trust her, that's your problem, not hers.

Getting multiple confirmations isn't going to change that possibility. If you don't trust her, that's your problem, not hers.

I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm not the sort to go out on blind trust and assume everything is okay. All I asked was, are we still on, I'm just waiting for an okay to start driving down, because for her it would've been a 2 minute drive, and for me 45 minutes.

I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm not the sort to go out on blind trust and assume everything is okay. All I asked was, are we still on, I'm just waiting for an okay to start driving down, because for her it would've been a 2 minute drive, and for me 45 minutes.

lol so what happened?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in this predicament today as well. But you know what? All relationships start off based on trust so I'm going to go and drive that 35 minutes and chance it. If she doesn't show up, her loss.

Jzero

Hmm the majority of my matches are bisexual(not that there's anything wrong with that). I wonder why though.

By the way, what does rating do exactly?

I usually send a text to say that I'm running a wee bit late and I'll be there soon - usually get a text back saying that's fine or whatever so I know I'm not getting stood up. It's only ever 5 or 10 mins so it's not like I'm being a total dick, and I would only ever do it on the first date. Yeh I have trust issues apparently. I wouldn't normally do multiple confirmations beforehand though, unless there was a reason (eg we changed our plans).

I usually send a text to say that I'm running a wee bit late and I'll be there soon - usually get a text back saying that's fine or whatever so I know I'm not getting stood up. It's only ever 5 or 10 mins so it's not like I'm being a total dick, and I would only ever do it on the first date. Yeh I have trust issues apparently. I wouldn't normally do multiple confirmations beforehand though, unless there was a reason (eg we changed our plans).

You know, I think like 90% of girls are late on first dates and send me a similar text. Interesting to see that it's not just because girls are late in general, but they have an ulterior motive haha

I always try to be 5 minutes early for a date, but with all this talk of people getting stood up, I must just show up on time or slightly late from now on. I'd hate to start driving to a place then getting that text

I always try to be 5 minutes early for a date, but with all this talk of people getting stood up, I must just show up on time or slightly late from now on. I'd hate to start driving to a place then getting that text

Dude, if you're the one who suggested the date/time. You better be there on time. Just sayin'...

Ashodin

peteykirch: what if the woman you were about to stand up was Leeness? that would be cold man

electricshake: yo where you been at my UK girl? You seen I'm back right? :p

Trez

Neo Member
rated. Are all the okcupid sites in English? I ask because I though people from the Netherlands spoke/wrote dutch

Thanks everyone for the ratings, rated each of you back!

I guess since It's a world language everyone from the Netherlands write their profiles in English, I also messaged with a few girls who live in the Netherlands as well but only spoke English.

Loona

Odd thing last night - someone across the Atlantic sent me a message about me visiting ber profile without saying anything. I only visited her profile because she visited mine a few days ago.
Had short fub exchange from there, but still quite unexpected, I figure with how girls seem to get more visits and messages, a measly visit might go unnoticed. Then again, she mentions having a kid in her profile, which likely affects that sort of tendency on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom