• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very pleasant surprise turned up in my inbox today: a reply I honestly wasn't expecting.

She's relocated from the Midwest, she's really friendly, and was very enthusiastic about everything - specifically my liking Doctor Who (one of my pictures has me holding a Sonic Screwdriver). I think she's a redhead too, which would be awesome.

A very pleasant surprise turned up in my inbox today: a reply I honestly wasn't expecting.

She's relocated from the Midwest, she's really friendly, and was very enthusiastic about everything - specifically my liking Doctor Who (one of my pictures has me holding a Sonic Screwdriver). I think she's a redhead too, which would be awesome.

Gaf is the only place I know that loves redheads. Wish everyone else was so accepting!

Jzero

I OKC doing Aprils Fools jokes or are there new "replies selectively" choices?
I saw some girl with "Replies very very very very very very selectively" haha

I just rated the above gaffer....

okc_zps56e27650.jpg

I think there should be an OKC OT if there isn't one already. I find this conversation interesting. I do not have an account my self. So I couldn't make such an OT.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Noticed this as well. Saw some girl with "Replies to GOOD messages."

Maybe a paid feature?

Futureman

never seen this next to someone's name:

"Replies and replies and replies" w/ a light green circle. Must reply to every message ha.

edit: actually I'm seeing a bunch of different ones now, guess they updated that.

So I finally met the girl I've been talking to at a local coffee shop. I expected it to be a quick visit (maybe an hour) because she had mentioned that she had to get some stuff done before Easter. We ended up talking for about 2 and a half hours. It was pretty cool. She's incredibly intelligent which is a good thing. We didn't really talk about what we had in common, so I'm kind of afraid that there actually may not be much there. I did find out that she's quite savvy with the internet so that's a good start. We talked about a lot of heavy subjects like religion, equal rights, and immigrants. I have to say that, throughout the conversation, never did I think to myself that anything she said was a deal breaker. In fact, I really didn't disagree with anything she said. I'm not sure if this is just me being laid back or if this is part of our compatibility kicking in. She's also very laid back but this may have just been because we were both a little nervous.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to date #2 but we haven't set anything up yet. As I said before, she's got a lot going on right now so her schedule is pretty packed. I'm planning on calling her tonight. Too soon?

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
So I finally met the girl I've been talking to at a local coffee shop. I expected it to be a quick visit (maybe an hour) because she had mentioned that she had to get some stuff done before Easter. We ended up talking for about 2 and a half hours. It was pretty cool. She's incredibly intelligent which is a good thing. We didn't really talk about what we had in common, so I'm kind of afraid that there actually may not be much there. I did find out that she's quite savvy with the internet so that's a good start. We talked about a lot of heavy subjects like religion, equal rights, and immigrants. I have to say that, throughout the conversation, never did I think to myself that anything she said was a deal breaker. In fact, I really didn't disagree with anything she said. I'm not sure if this is just me being laid back or if this is part of our compatibility kicking in. She's also very laid back but this may have just been because we were both a little nervous.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to date #2 but we haven't set anything up yet. As I said before, she's got a lot going on right now so her schedule is pretty packed. I'm planning on calling her tonight. Too soon?

You met her today and you want to call her tonight? There is no general rule but this is probably not a good idea. Maybe just a short text message saying it was nice to meet in person or something like that.

dralla

So a girl I've texted with randomly came in today where I work, I went over and said Hi. She was cool, and now I just need to set up a proper meet up, not sure if she's interested or not though. I think I came off nervous, which is weird since I don't really get nervous on real dates, hopefully she's up for it.

Maddocks

rating isn't behind a paywall, only looking at who rated you high is.

so what you do is go to visitors and find them and rate that person high.

rating isn't behind a paywall, only looking at who rated you high is.

so what you do is go to visitors and find them and rate that person high.

I'll just rate everyone not located nearby me highly. I'll just assume they came from GAF.

Damn: If my assumptions are right, then only 1 person on GAF rated me highly. My stupid fat face, holding me down.

EDIT: Ya saw that Maddocks. Thanks bro

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll just rate everyone not located nearby me highly. I'll just assume they came from GAF.

I actually had a couple visitors from Indonesia. Don't ask me why. I get locals and then randomly, two from Indonesia. I was very confused.

Maddocks

Damn: If my assumptions are right, then only 1 person on GAF rated me highly. My stupid fat face, holding me down.

I rated you high also. As in I just did it lol

EDIT: Ya saw that Maddocks. Thanks bro

Ok, I know I rated you 5 stars so there's def more than 1 person if you count maddocks

beanman25

Gaf I'm really nervous.

I have my first date set up through POF. Girl seems fantastic, and said she wanted to do something outdoors in the daytime. I suggested going for a walk and she was down for it! One of these weekends coming up, and we exchanged numbers.

Thing is I've NEVER been on any sort of date or anything like that hence why I'm nervous. I'll try to be myself, haha. I'm probably going to sweat a hole into my shirt!

Gaf I'm really nervous.

I have my first date set up through POF. Girl seems fantastic, and said she wanted to do something outdoors in the daytime. I suggested going for a walk and she was down for it! One of these weekends coming up, and we exchanged numbers.

Thing is I've NEVER been on any sort of date or anything like that hence why I'm nervous. I'll try to be myself, haha. I'm probably going to sweat a hole into my shirt!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414419
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459177
The OP of these old dating age OT's have helpful tips.
But the most important thing (IMO) to combat nervousness? The instinct on a first date is to worry if you're good enough for her, the question will run through your mind and make you nervous and too eager to impress. Instead, think: Is she good enough for me?

Jzero

Gaf I'm really nervous.

Try not to sweat dude seriously. I remember when i had my first girlfriend in high school my hands were sweating on our first date and it was freaken weird and gross
KuGsj.gif

So girl I'm talkkng to disables her account, but before she does so she sends me a message saying that she didnt want to close her account without leaving me her email address....I'm confused lol. HELP ME OKC GAF!!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Figured I will...this is just....strange @.@

Maybe she's too busy to respond to too many messages these days and doesn't potentially want to piss off all the guys that message her in the meantime by not responding. Better delete the account in the meantime and come back and then be able to respond.

I can easily imagine a scenario like that.

Maybe she's too busy to respond to too many messages these days and doesn't potentially want to piss off all the guys that message her in the meantime by not responding. Better delete the account in the meantime and come back and then be able to respond.

I can easily imagine a scenario like that.

exactly. You're lucky, this has never happened to me. Hate it when girls just vanish

Ovid

So girl I'm talkkng to disables her account, but before she does so she sends me a message saying that she didnt want to close her account without leaving me her email address....I'm confused lol. HELP ME OKC GAF!!!!
Sounds like a good sign to me. Why would you question her actions? She want to continue talking to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom