• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

How important is it for someone to have the same food interest as you? This girl I've been messaging with for a while is crazy about Japanese/Asian food, while I don't eat that kind of food that much, if barely. I wonder if this might "hurt" my chances.

uh not important at all? It's just food dude, no need to overthink things

dralla

oh wow, so I start a new job on the 29th and I just came across the profile of the HR lady that did part of my interview lol.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Will be meeting up with the girl with the kid Saturday.

Been texting it up with her and we seem to be kindred spirits both personality wise and sex wise.

Oh, god, she sounds like the perfect girl in regards to sex. Said she loves giving BJs and her "reward" for a job done well ;) Loves it both sensual and dirty and rough.

Can't wait until Saturday night!
3AQmK.gif

Jzero

Will be meeting up with the girl with the kid Saturday.

Been texting it up with her and we seem to be kindred spirits both personality wise and sex wise.

Oh, god, she sounds like the perfect girl in regards to sex. Said she loves giving BJs and her "reward" for a job done well ;) Loves it both sensual and dirty and rough.

Can't wait until Saturday night!
3AQmK.gif

Wear a condom, you don't want her to have another kid haha.

I don't agree - you need to move to the next stage fairly quickly otherwise you'll end up becoming a pen pall. It depends on the conversation, but if you feel a phone number is too soon, exchange IM address or e-mail address and continue the conversation there, then move over to phone. But again, I think moving quickly is the way to go.

Yes, yes it does. If you can get the number fast, and call unexpectedly it's the best bet. Of course you have to be confident, charming, witty and basically just don't be a drooling infant and you can hook her/him in.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol. I'm going to the aquarium with coworkers on Sunday, have a date Wednesday. Offered to take my date to ANY attraction in the city. (Long story short, I have 2 free passes to all of them, comes in handy) She says... Aquarium.

I'm going to the aquarium twice within 4 days. Lol.

lol. I'm going to the aquarium with coworkers on Sunday, have a date Wednesday. Offered to take my date to ANY attraction in the city. (Long story short, I have 2 free passes to all of them, comes in handy) She says... Aquarium.

I'm going to the aquarium twice within 4 days. Lol.

remember the interesting shit about the fish, then impress her with your fishy knowledge. Panties will drop

Xun

What? I don't see it. What are you looking at? Is it a spider???
I may actually send something like this, but I'm not really sure.

Perhaps something like this?

What? I don't see it. What are you looking at? Is it a spider?

I kid, I kid. I'm an aspiring artist and musician, currently working for a TV post-production house in London (not where I want to be mind you, but eh, it's a job!) How's English Lit going for you?

Smiley90

remember the interesting shit about the fish, then impress her with your fishy knowledge. Panties will drop

You're onto something here. My coworkers and me are all biochemists. One of them's bound to know something interesting about fish. :p

About to go and meet a girl for a first ice cream/FroYo date at 8. Let's see how this goes........

Good luck!

Lets talk photos.

I've been looking around online to see what type of photos you would need for the best results, and there appears to be quite a lot of contradictory information out there.

I need to take some professional photographs for my website/job applications, but I'm wondering if it's worth paying a little extra for a few more photos.

Would you say that a profile with just professional photos is good? Or perhaps one with only amateur photos? Or a combination of both, in which you have your profile pic + 1 extra professional photo, and some amateur photos in addition to those? And what type of photos would you say are most appealing? Headshots? Full body? Half body? Doing something interesting?

I'd love to get some insight into this.

Smiley90

Lets talk photos.

I've been looking around online to see what type of photos you would need for the best results, and there appears to be quite a lot of contradictory information out there.

I need to take some professional photographs for my website/job applications, but I'm wondering if it's worth paying a little extra for a few more photos.

Would you say that a profile with just professional photos is good? Or perhaps one with only amateur photos? Or a combination of both, in which you have your profile pic + 1 extra professional photo, and some amateur photos in addition to those? And what type of photos would you say are most appealing? Headshots? Full body? Half body? Doing something interesting?

I'd love to get some insight into this.

I remember reading that it's possible to put your photos up for review, so to say, and then other users will judge them how they look like and it'll tell you which ones are good and which ones aren't. I don't remember how though.

I remember reading that it's possible to put your photos up for review, so to say, and then other users will judge them how they look like and it'll tell you which ones are good and which ones aren't. I don't remember how though.

I did this on two different websites and got very different results. I also don't think the photos I've got at the moment are very good, and I'd like to get some better pictures on there. I'm just wondering if it's worth the investment to get a professional photograph in, and if so - what kind of professional photograph.

If I look at girls' profiles, the professionally shot pictures usually draw me in more, but also make me more reluctant to send a message. I'm curious as to how that works the other way around.

Smiley90

pictures are simple. try to have great lighting, full body if must and if you have abs, show them off.

what? no. I'd actually advice against that. It's tacky as shit, if it's not a "natural" picture, but a pic just to show off your abs. If it's a beach-shot or something, that's probably decent.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Judging from what I've read on many profiles and through some conversations, most women are really not impressed by shirtless pics and are probably put-off by them, if anything.

Maddocks

if House is anything to go by,"everyone lies" so no doubt a girl likes a guy who takes care of themselves. I'm not saying run to the bathroom and take a shirtless picture while making a duckface.

I vote beach picture because its a perfect excuse and the sun is greatness for lighting. If no beach around you, then a normal picture will work. As long as its not in a bathroom with candle lighting.

Smiley90

Judging from what I've read on many profiles and through some conversations, most women are really not impressed by shirtless pics and are probably put-off by them, if anything.

Same here. It comes off as "look at my body"-ish, as if you yourself only care about that.

dralla

Have an OKC meet up tonight, in a few hours, unfortunately I have put no thought into where we're going, I should really plan things out better...nah.

I also get a message from a girl saying how much she liked my profile because it made her laugh, that's definitely a first!

Ashodin

Have an OKC meet up tonight, in a few hours, unfortunately I have put no thought into where we're going, I should really plan things out better...nah.

I also get a message from a girl saying how much she liked my profile because it made her laugh, that's definitely a first!

It's always better when it's made up bro

if House is anything to go by,"everyone lies" so no doubt a girl likes a guy who takes care of themselves. I'm not saying run to the bathroom and take a shirtless picture while making a duckface.

I vote beach picture because its a perfect excuse and the sun is greatness for lighting. If no beach around you, then a normal picture will work. As long as its not in a bathroom with candle lighting.

Also, try using a real camera instead of your phone. There's a timer on your camera so you can take pictures of yourself without having to resort to bathroom mirror pictures.

Smiley90

Aw, I think my time with the boy is over...oh well. It was a nice two dates we had.

No other prospects ahead. Ah well. :)

Wait, you went on an 8h-long first date but nothing past the second date? That seems... odd, because an 8h first date is crazy long.

Smiley90

8 hour first date and 9 hour second date. Lol.

I do not understand then, lol. You both must've gotten along or those dates wouldn't have lasted that long... Or just no attraction and you got along well as "friends" or what?

Leeness

I do not understand then, lol. You both must've gotten along or those dates wouldn't have lasted that long... Or just no attraction and you got along well as "friends" or what?

Both. There was making out and snuggling. Haha. But even if there wasn't, we have a lot to talk about.

I think because we haven't been able to see each other for a couple of weeks and maybe it's just not worth trying to keep up! I don't know. He's admittedly terrible at texting. But I texted him at 1:30 and haven't heard back.

maxxpower

Both. There was making out and snuggling. Haha. But even if there wasn't, we have a lot to talk about.

I think because we haven't been able to see each other for a couple of weeks and maybe it's just not worth trying to keep up! I don't know. He's admittedly terrible at texting. But I texted him at 1:30 and haven't heard back.

Ha I'm in the exact same situation as you, except I'm the one that sucks at texting(I'm a guy). I just hate texting, I don't even text my friends that often.

Smiley90

Well all you guys should stop being terrible at it. Lol.

I will not stand up for these generalizations.

I like to adjust my texting to however the girl is texting. If she likes to just stop texting and answer the next day, fully expect me to do the same. If you text me right back, I will text right back, too.

Leeness

I will not stand up for these generalizations.

I like to adjust my texting to however the girl is texting. If she likes to just stop texting and answer the next day, fully expect me to do the same. If you text me right back, I will text right back, too.

Psh.

But yeah...like I said, texted at 1:30, still nothing. I don't think I'll hear from him again. Ah well!

Smiley90

Psh.

But yeah...like I said, texted at 1:30, still nothing. I don't think I'll hear from him again. Ah well!

That's not even been 24h yet, give it some time. He might be working or just busy. When was the last time you had contact before that?

Leeness

That's not even been 24h yet, give it some time. He might be working or just busy. When was the last time you had contact before that?

Monday! I wanted to leave him be (since he's not much of a texter) for a couple of days and I had exams anyway.

It's kind of weird though because we have each other on this site (FlickChart) and I'm fairly sure he's checked mine quite a few times even in the last couple of days because we're each others only friends on there lol.

dralla

Got back from my meet up a little earlier, went to starbucks and just talked a while.

It was nice finding someone who can actually hold a conversation. No awkward pauses or anything, so that was good. She likes to talk about herself a lot, like..I would say 'Oh I just got a new job' and she didn't even ask where, which was kind of weird. Honestly though, didn't bother me too much just because it was nice to talk to someone who could actually..talk. The problem is physical, she's really skinny, like..she can't donate blood because she's too small. I'm not sure I can be physically attracted to someone that tiny, I've tried dating someone I wasn't physically attracted to before and it didn't work out. I'm debating weather I should set up a second meet up, I don't think she's a bad looking person or anything, just unsure if she's my type. Overall a solid meet up though, better than the last few I went on.

maxxpower

Monday! I wanted to leave him be (since he's not much of a texter) for a couple of days and I had exams anyway.

It's kind of weird though because we have each other on this site (FlickChart) and I'm fairly sure he's checked mine quite a few times even in the last couple of days because we're each others only friends on there lol.

I'm curious about this. As a girl, even if you really like a guy, would you stop talking to him if he wasn't the most active texter out there?

I don't text this girl I was seeing every day, but I do try to text her every other day or so(sometimes every three or four days). Every time we meet in person she's really into me and the last time we saw each other and said our goodbyes she said "I'll talk to you soon". She didn't text me and I didn't text her for four days. I decided to text her on the fifth day and to this day(it's been three days since I texted her) and she hasn't responded, which has made it quite obvious to me that she's over me. I'm mostly thinking it was the texting thing or she could have found someone else guess.

Maddocks

you waited 5 days to even talk to her?

thats sending the wrong message. To her it probably looked like you didn't care and moved on and on top of it ignored her. She could have just texted you, but it seems that you told her you would make contact.

Leeness

I'm curious about this. As a girl, even if you really like a guy, would you stop talking to him if he wasn't the most active texter out there?

I don't text this girl I was seeing every day, but I do try to text her every other day or so(sometimes every three or four days). Every time we meet in person she's really into me and the last time we saw each other and said our goodbyes she said "I'll talk to you soon". She didn't text me and I didn't text her for four days. I decided to text her on the fifth day and to this day(it's been three days since I texted her) and she hasn't responded, which has made it quite obvious to me that she's over me. I'm mostly thinking it was the texting thing or she could have found someone else guess.

Well, if we stop talking, it's on him :p

I dunno. It's always guys who stop talking to me generally so...no experience with such things yet.

maxxpower

you waited 5 days to even talk to her?

thats sending the wrong message. To her it probably looked like you didn't care and moved on and on top of it ignored her. She could have just texted you, but it seems that you told her you would make contact.

Yeah, I guess I did fuck up.

Smiley90

Yeah, I guess I did fuck up.

Yeah, I tend to just send a short message ("had fun today!" or sth) shortly after a date. Then if she doesn't respond, maybe sth else a couple days later. If she still doesn't respond then, too bad. Also, I'd say "Talk to you soon" doesn't mean much, it can either ACTUALLY mean talk to you soon, or it's just a standard goodbye because she didn't wanna tell you on the spot that she's not interested... It happens.

Well all you guys should stop being terrible at it. Lol.

I just broke up with a girl I met through okc because of her texting habits. We had been dating for a few weeks, and I told her I was going to be incredibly busy last weekend, and that I would talk to her on Monday.

So she starts sending me text messages, and when I don't reply in a few hours she begins sending me really passive aggressive messages. This only serves to annoy me even more. By Monday she had sent 43 messages.

When I called her Monday she got really angry when I told her that I had seen he messages was too busy to reply (as I had clearly explained on Friday). I ended up breaking up with her because I didn't like the idea of a text message leash.

Smiley90

I just broke up with a girl I met through okc because of her texting habits. We had been dating for a few weeks, and I told her I was going to be incredibly busy last weekend, and that I would talk to her on Monday.

So she starts sending me text messages, and when I don't reply in a few hours she begins sending me really passive aggressive messages. This only serves to annoy me even more. By Monday she had sent 43 messages.

When I called her Monday she got really angry when I told her that I had seen he messages was too busy to reply (as I had clearly explained on Friday). I ended up breaking up with her because I didn't like the idea of a text message leash.

Holy shit :lol

Yeah no, that's... no. I'd say you dodged a bullet there, wow. I mean, it's one thing to send 43 messages when somebody doesn't tell you they're gone (even though it's still too many messages oO), but if you told her? Oh man. :lol

Still no reply...aw.

Farewell, boy. :(

Give him at least 24h, I'd say. :p Never know, he might be very busy with finals or partying or whatnot. Just distract yourself til he replies, and if he hasn't replied within 2 days or so, move on. :x

Leeness

Looool no I'm not that bad. He went away last weekend so I said "I'll talk to you Monday" and stuck to that haha.

Give him at least 24h, I'd say. :p Never know, he might be very busy with finals or partying or whatnot. Just distract yourself til he replies, and if he hasn't replied within 2 days or so, move on. :x

I have moved on already~

Mostly. Haha. It kind of makes me sad because we had a lot to talk about and had a really nice two dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom