• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Got a message earlier from someone who looked cute and interesting (girls who initiate rarely meet both criteria) — hours later she's already deactivated her account, ha. And by the way, damn it people, stop doing that, you're taking ratings away from me.

1. Set your profile pic to some handsome bastard
2. Set your income to 80K+
3. get easy 5 star ratings and a 'selectively replies' status by ignoring every single message

God, I have found the most perfect girl physically for me EVER.

I fell in love right away.

Sad part is, I don't pay so I can't contact her until she contact me.
I'm even thinking to start paying just so I can contact her...
Damn...
Damn...

Just ignore it and move on.

I make people feel way too comfortable around me. They always end up revealing way too much about themselves to me than they would ever really like to admit to and then they become separated from me because of that.

Bossun

Don't worry I didn't fall in love, figure of speech because she is very nice.
I always do reverse search and nothing came up.

But I'm on a french website, which requires you, if you're a man, to pay for everything, that means even seeing your messages.
The only way to go past that is to use the mobile app, then you can see and send messages, otherwise, well the site is useless for men if we don't pay.

stn

If you rate someone will they know if you gave them a 4 or 5? I could see some girl you're talking to getting pissed you don't think she's a 5, hahahah.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Interesting that I've been secretly getting 5 star ratings every now and then. They aren't from Gaffers. I got it via quick match.
I don't think there's anything weird about that. I think that's why the site dangles the "complete your profile" carrot in front of you, when there really is no "complete" profile possible — they want you to use the rating system. I've been on the site for three months and have 57 high ratings, all from random visitors. I don't even know if that's good/bad (I'm honestly not trying to brag), and I'm not sure if it makes a difference once you surpass the 20 high ratings checkpoint anyway. I wonder if there's another level?

If you rate someone will they know if you gave them a 4 or 5? I could see some girl you're talking to getting pissed you don't think she's a 5, hahahah.
I think either a 4 or 5 is a "high" rating — there's no difference between the two. I've never given a 5, for what it's worth.

SpiritGAF, halp: I found a pretty cute and nerdy girl who happens to live near me and isn't grossly overweight! I didn't think they existed :p She's also a decent match (85/67/19) so I shot her a message.

So now I'm waiting to see if I'll even get a response. She's barely been on, it seems (looks like she's been on once since I sent the message) so I don't know how long to wait before I think of send another one. I'm thinking maybe a week or two at the soonest? I do not want to seem like I'm being pushy or such.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to try and do things to keep myself busy and away from OKC so I'm not checking it constantly.

maxxpower

SpiritGAF, halp: I found a pretty cute and nerdy girl who happens to live near me and isn't grossly overweight! I didn't think they existed :p She's also a decent match (85/67/19) so I shot her a message.

So now I'm waiting to see if I'll even get a response. She's barely been on, it seems (looks like she's been on once since I sent the message) so I don't know how long to wait before I think of send another one. I'm thinking maybe a week or two at the soonest? I do not want to seem like I'm being pushy or such.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to try and do things to keep myself busy and away from OKC so I'm not checking it constantly.

Do not send her another one, she either responds or she doesn't. If she doesn't respond then you move on.

Do not send her another one, she either responds or she doesn't. If she doesn't respond then you move on.

I actually disagree. Send another one if the first one doesn't get a response, just don't come across as needy (e.g. "WHY DIDN"T YOU RESPOND?!"). Don't send more than 3 though, after that you're just wasting time. But I've had some success with sending a second and third message.

I would not send another message at all. It's possible that your message got lost in the sea of them she no doubt gets, but still. I don't recommend it.

Why not? Other than a minute of your time, what does it cost you to send a second message? Are you afraid the girls might dislike you for sending a second message? Don't see how it matters lol.

dralla

damn, girl IM's me on the chat thing like an hour ago, she wants to meet up tonight! she's crazy aggressive to say the least. I said we could meet up tomorrow and she agreed. nice change of pace though, no wasting each others time.

dralla

damn, this chick is telling me how she's had one night stands on OKC and how she's got a high sex drive and all that, this is the one who wanted to meet me tonight too, i'll be meeting her tomorrow, this should be..interesting. ive got no interest in one night stands or anything like that, which I made clear to her

Ghostmate

Neo Member
Wondering if OKC-Gaf can give me a hand. I don't know much about online dating and even though I've had this profile for a while, I'm on and off with it. Just wondering what I may be doing right or wrong because I get no luck with the site at all. Is my profile a little much? Too sarcastic? Too condescending? Pics are awful? Lemme know what you think guys - any feedback would be awesome.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Ghostmate?cf=profile

any tips on the type of first time messages to make? I am new to the site and feel like all the messages I make are boring as shit. I always say Hi , thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you blah blah, even I know this is boring I can imagine the girl

big_z

any tips on the type of first time messages to make? I am new to the site and feel like all the messages I make are boring as shit. I always say Hi , thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you blah blah, even I know this is boring I can imagine the girl

offer to get high and/or drunk at your place and make sure to include a dick pic.

Honestly, Ive used the NeoGAF approved "Pizza or sushi?" all the way to giant letters, from serious to joking, and everything in between. They all work about the same IMO.

1% of the time, with all ways of communication, I get something back. So now, I just say what you say. Saw you, liked you, cute, wanna talk? On to the next one.

stn

Honestly, don't put TOO much thought into your first message. Take one corny but smart joke and just send it to every girl you like.

dralla

so you resisting her only makes her want you more, or something?
Well I'm not resisting, I'm meeting her today. She IM'd me, then immediately asked me to meet up, I wanted to give it at least 1 day before I met her, get some texting to go to see how it went.

I'd... be very wary of using internet dating for serial one nighters.

That's why I made it clear I've got no interest in doing that. She seems cool though, we'll see I guess.

Wondering if OKC-Gaf can give me a hand. I don't know much about online dating and even though I've had this profile for a while, I'm on and off with it. Just wondering what I may be doing right or wrong because I get no luck with the site at all. Is my profile a little much? Too sarcastic? Too condescending? Pics are awful? Lemme know what you think guys - any feedback would be awesome.

You seem like a pretty fit guy, yet none of your profile pics seem to reflect that. Also, most of your pics don't have you in them, or have your face obscured. These photos might actually get taken down by mods.

I think you're a little too self deprecating, comes off a little as unconfident. Just go ahead and say that you dress well, don't need to explain it. And tone down the use of all those question marks, just say who you are. Don't need to ask a rhetorical

Gave you a five star rating too

dralla

ok so I'm getting a little nervous. This chick is super aggressive, if I don't answer her texts right away she gets annoyed or will straight up call me. She needs to relax, fuck lol

Az987

all good things
Do you guys respond to women who message you first and you have no interest in what so ever?

If they compliment you do you say thanks?

vatstep

Do you guys respond to women who message you first and you have no interest in what so ever?

If they compliment you do you say thanks?
I did at first, but realized that I was just being nice, and that's not always the best quality to have. No sense in leading them on. Plus, some of the initial messages I get are so lame (I can't even imagine being a girl...). "Hi, I'm <name>!" Just gives me the impression that they're messaging everything warm-blooded.

But, even if I'm not physically attracted to them, I've messaged a few back if they seem really cool and live close by, since I'm using this thing to make friends, too.

Gvaz

Banned

Just rated you 5 stars, :)

After you hit it, then quit it. Crazy chicks are awesome in the sack

This.

dralla

well, that was definitely the most interesting OKC meet up I've ever had. The girl is straight up wild, like..I don't even know how to explain it. She's incredibly loud, outgoing, literally dancing in the the middle of the store..she's "out there" to say the very least, I've never met anyone quite like her. Other people were looking at me like I was crazy for being with her. She was throwing her boobs in peoples faces [mine included]. I know she wanted me to make a move on her, but because she told me about her one night stands, I wanted to make it very obvious I did not want that and held off. She's crazy for sure, but also a lot of fun, I'm in a weird spot here lol. I told her I'd go out with her again though.

well, that was definitely the most interesting OKC meet up I've ever had. The girl is straight up wild, like..I don't even know how to explain it. She's incredibly loud, outgoing, literally dancing in the the middle of the store..she's "out there" to say the very least, I've never met anyone quite like her. Other people were looking at me like I was crazy for being with her. She was throwing her boobs in peoples faces [mine included]. I know she wanted me to make a move on her, but because she told me about her one night stands, I wanted to make it very obvious I did not want that and held off. She's crazy for sure, but also a lot of fun, I'm in a weird spot here lol. I told her I'd go out with her again though.

There are some wild girls on okcupid that's for sure. I went on a date with a girl who was perfect for me but it ended in disaster, no chemistry IRL. I got some more dates lined up though so there is that.

Jzero

I wouldn't be able to date someone like that. Too crazy for my taste.

yeah it's about time you hit that and then quit that

dralla

nah brah, that is not my style. it's very doable, probably could have done it today honestly, she was like DO YOU WANNA GO HANG OUT IN MY CAR, I just kinda brushed it off though. Than she asked why I didn't make a move when I got home. I kinda want to meet like..a potential girlfriend, keep on truckin' I guess

beanman25

Got another date set up once this girl finishes up finals next week.

And another girl messaged me asking to go couponing with her. I didn't say anything about coupons anywhere, so I've got no clue how to take that.

-PXG-

Got another date set up once this girl finishes up finals next week.

And another girl messaged me asking to go couponing with her. I didn't say anything about coupons anywhere, so I've got no clue how to take that.

What the fuck is couponing? Just buying shit with coupons?

beanman25

What the fuck is couponing? Just buying shit with coupons?

I'm not sure to what level she "coupons", but some of the people on TV seem to get $500 orders for $5 bucks. I don't know how they do it though. The only coupons I ever use are 2 for 1 coupons, haha. Not counting things like coupons for discounts online, because I'm not sure couponing is possible online.

nah brah, that is not my style. it's very doable, probably could have done it today honestly, she was like DO YOU WANNA GO HANG OUT IN MY CAR, I just kinda brushed it off though. Than she asked why I didn't make a move when I got home. I kinda want to meet like..a potential girlfriend, keep on truckin' I guess

Haha that's too bad, would have enjoyed an interesting story, but good on ya for turning down crazy chick sex. My friends always give me shit cuz I can never do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom