• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

Haha that's too bad, would have enjoyed an interesting story, but good on ya for turning down crazy chick sex. My friends always give me shit cuz I can never do that

Well I'm probably gonna meet her again, she was definitely fun, I need to see if she's that "crazy" all the time, or what. There were times where she was very relaxed and we had great conversation and it was awesome. We'll see!

beanman25

I guess I did something right. Had a girl over to watch hockey on Saturday night, and she texted me at 4AM, saying that she couldn't wait to spend more time with me.

I've never been on a "date" prior to this, so it was surprising albeit nice to hear that.

Jzero

Have any of you went out with a bisexual girl? most of the bi girls on the site seem to be more into girls.

I guess I did something right. Had a girl over to watch hockey on Saturday night, and she texted me at 4AM, saying that she couldn't wait to spend more time with me.

I've never been on a "date" prior to this, so it was surprising albeit nice to hear that.

Nice! Always cool to date a girl who's into the same sport as you

My luck finally changed for the better...

I met an amazing girl (she sent the first message) and we've been dating all last thru April its been awesome. We are the total opposite on a lot of things but we meet in the middle when it comes to shit like 80s cartoons, video games, and traveling.

I've been so happy the past few weeks, its contagious. :)

Sounds like you did do something right :)

Jzero

Is it really racist to prefer dating people in your own ethnicity? It's not like i wouldn't date other races/ethnicities, i'm just more attracted to latinas.

These damn OKC Tumblrs are making me self conscious.

It's in the context. You have a preference, but I would recommend answering that question in the way that wouldn't be perceived as potentially racist.

Yea it's these racist assholes that make the question seem weird.

tumblr_mi07eoY9ua1s1av4bo1_500.jpg

Is it really racist to prefer dating people in your own ethnicity? It's not like i wouldn't date other races/ethnicities, i'm just more attracted to latinas.

These damn OKC Tumblrs are making me self conscious.
It's in the context. You have a preference, but I would recommend answering that question in the way that wouldn't be perceived as potentially racist.

stn

Just got this message from some girl, but I honestly doubt I'll respond back.
You should respond anyway. Based on the posts you've made I think it would do you good. Just talk about stuff, get more comfortable. And then try to take that comfort out into the real-world.

Bossun

Man, I don't know if dating sites are for me.

All this talking to girls, I feel like I'm doing something bad to the one I already saw a few time.....

Zozz

Banned
Ok you seem like a pretty fit guy, yet you have no pics of your entire body and you're listed as "a little extra"

I have like 20 extra pounds of extra fat on me. I look normal and fit to people but I still got mah man boobs and some flab under my ripped core Winter took a toll on me, working on it though! I guess I'm average, lol.

Jzero

Just got back from a date with someone who is. We talked a fair bit about it actually. xD

How did it go? I found a cute bi chick but i'm not sure if she like the D or the V more
KuGsj.gif

--------

btw anyone ever get mixed results with match percentage? There's this girl that has a 90% match yet most of her question results suck.

How did it go? I found a cute bi chick but i'm not sure if she like the D or the V more
KuGsj.gif

Went extremely well actually. We had only first contacted each other on Friday and clicked really quick and that continued pretty much all day yesterday. She wants to meet up again, so yeah. :D

Red_taiyaki said:
I've been wondering anyone know the difference between fit and athletic bodies on OKC? I have no idea what to choose haha.

Do you feel you look like an athlete? My litmus test for that was having a muscular build versus looking like a normal healthy individual.

stn

I never look at the match percentage. Why? Some of the questions are sooooooo stupid that it wouldn't even matter to me if I had a match on them.

Well, after a long period of throwing messages into an apparent black hole... have a date on Thursday. Pretty nervous, first date since my divorce, been out of the "game" for a long time! Not exactly in showroom shape either.

We just started talking saturday. She's cute, pretty much a female me in terms of music and TV taste. So we'll see.

I never look at the match percentage. Why? Some of the questions are sooooooo stupid that it wouldn't even matter to me if I had a match on them.

That's why there's a relevance score as well for every question. Found the match % stuff worked reasonably well when I used OKC for dating years ago.

Don't hold out on us. What did she say? I'm curious myself.
Nothing too crazy really. I mentioned my ex was bi (who's now full on lesbian) when we were together and it was no big deal to me. She thought that was pretty cool and started telling me about her experiences during Uni flip flopping between dating girls and guys. xD We also had a decent discussion on gender and whatnot.

I met up with a girl a couple of day ago. I thought it went horrible but I guess she was in to me because she came over last night we made out. I usually take my time but since she's only here on vacation I thought I'd be more aggressive.

-PXG-

I met up with a girl a couple of day ago. I thought it went horrible but I guess she was in to me because she came over last night we made out. I usually take my time but since she's only here on vacation I thought I'd be more aggressive.

What made it horrible?

Also if a girl (especially from the internet) is willing to come to your place on the first date, that means that she is REALLY comfortable with you. Or maybe she's a freak....or just crazy.

Nothing too crazy really. I mentioned my ex was bi (who's now full on lesbian) when we were together and it was no big deal to me. She thought that was pretty cool and started telling me about her experiences during Uni flip flopping between dating girls and guys. xD We also had a decent discussion on gender and whatnot.

No, what I meant was their thoughts on dating. I see this girl with a 98% match with me, but I'm unsure about wasting my time since she's bi. I wonder if it's a good idea.

-PXG-

It was awkward. I couldn't tell if she was into me. I'm a horrible first date because it takes me awhile to warm up to someone.

You met her online. Your first time meeting her was at your place. Y'all made out, and probably had some touching and light groping....Ummm... she's probably into you. Did she say she wanted to see u again?

No. It means shes insane! ;)

Sometimes the crazy ones are a lot of fun. Before meeting my current gf, I noticed I advanced things faster with each new girl I met. I guess it was a combination of confidence and knowing the routine. It got to the point where I was getting head on the first fucking date, lol

I don't think I could go for full blown intercourse. I've always stopped myself at that point and made it clear on dates (those who were on the kinkier side) that it wasn't my intent to make them feel like a whore. But if someone comes along one day and wants to, eh....so be it.

You met her online. Your first time meeting her was at your place. Y'all made out, and probably had some touching and light groping....Ummm... she's probably into you. Did she say she wanted to see u again?

We actually met up for breakfast Sunday morning. She came over last night. We made out. She gave me a bj. She said she wants to come by after I finish work today and stay the night. I know she is just looking for a good time because she goes back home on Thursday.

No, what I meant was their thoughts on dating. I see this girl with a 98% match with me, but I'm unsure about wasting my time since she's bi. I wonder if it's a good idea.
Ah well, she's on the casual side of things with dating at the moment, but she's not against a relationship if the stars align.

Mind you she's the first bi girl I've gone out with on okc, soooo who knows about the others.

We actually met up for breakfast Sunday morning. She came over last night. We made out. She gave me a bj. She said she wants to come by after I finish work today and stay the night. I know she is just looking for a good time because she goes back home on Thursday.

dude sounds perfect, this is a great chance for you to just relax and just enjoy it

dralla

Got damn, girl I'm talking too is a suicide girl, she starting sending me nudes via text from her private collection lol. she lives kinda far, but said she'd drive down here to see me

beanman25

Well as it turns out, that coupon girl was dead serious.

She wants to hit up stores every week. She's pretty and seems like a nice girl. So I suppose this could be alright.

NIGHT-

Well.. This sucks.. I probably won't date someone so young again. I've been dating a 20 year old form POF for about a month and some time now. She sends me a text one night saying she deleted her account. I planned on doing the same but forgot about it. Skip to last night she ends up breaking up with me claiming I'm cheating on her and talking to other people. I find out it's over my account being still active( her sister has it too). I don't really know what to do, I can't really reason with her right now cause she is acting so hurt and just angry. I would never cheat anyone and just totally forgot about using the site but she won't listen. I've tried calling and explaining to her and all that and she won't hear it. What do I do? Did I just dodge a bullet cause she obviously has some issues, but she was an awesome girl at the same time =/

About two weeks ago, due to circumstances I won't go into here, I found myself super depressed in regards to being single. So I took to OKCupid and sent out a ton of messages (I've used it sparingly for years, but barely sent anybody anything, and one single meetup was the most that came from it).

As a result, I'm now currently in back-and-forth messaging with six girls, three of which have given me their number and said they'd be willing to meet up for drinks. I met up with one today, and things went quite well. I texted her afterwards to say I had a good time, and she responded saying she enjoyed it, and that I'm good company.

I feel like there could be something there if I pursue it, but I kind of want to at least meet these other girls. Does that make me an asshole? I would never dream of seeing other girls after committing to somebody, but at what point am I committed to this first girl? I definitely don't want to lead her on. I didn't make any "moves" or anything, but I'm pretty positive she viewed it as an actual date. At one point, when she was telling me something that loosely pertained to her ex-boyfriend, she acknowledged that mentioning him was a faux-pas.

I've never been in a situation even remotely like this before, and I don't want to hurt anybody, but at the same time, I don't want to close any doors I may later regret.

dralla

http://media.tumblr.com/52478fe3bea0e35d1d267fd3ca03cc5c/tumblr_inline_mhg0fgWSuV1qz4rgp.gif[img]

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/52478fe3bea0e35d1d267fd3ca03cc5c/tumblr_inline_mhg0fgWSuV1qz4rgp.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I might actually. Not only did her pics give me massive boner-age, she's cool as hell. But really far.

So I just ended it with crazy girl 1, she kept flirting with me all night and it was really obvious she wanted me to kiss her, but I said I just wasn't feeling it, more friend, and we parted ways. I do think she's cool, I wouldn't mind hangin' with her again as a friend.

Now I've got some high hopes for Saturday meet up. She's cute and really fun to talk to. Hope it goes well.

Prologue

About two weeks ago, due to circumstances I won't go into here, I found myself super depressed in regards to being single. So I took to OKCupid and sent out a ton of messages (I've used it sparingly for years, but barely sent anybody anything, and one single meetup was the most that came from it).

As a result, I'm now currently in back-and-forth messaging with six girls, three of which have given me their number and said they'd be willing to meet up for drinks. I met up with one today, and things went quite well. I texted her afterwards to say I had a good time, and she responded saying she enjoyed it, and that I'm good company.

I feel like there could be something there if I pursue it, but I kind of want to at least meet these other girls. Does that make me an asshole? I would never dream of seeing other girls after committing to somebody, but at what point am I committed to this first girl? I definitely don't want to lead her on. I didn't make any "moves" or anything, but I'm pretty positive she viewed it as an actual date. At one point, when she was telling me something that loosely pertained to her ex-boyfriend, she acknowledged that mentioning him was a faux-pas.

I've never been in a situation even remotely like this before, and I don't want to hurt anybody, but at the same time, I don't want to close any doors I may later regret.

You're more than fine to date other people. Chances are, she is too. Unless you two talk exclusivity , have fun. If anything, seeing those other girls might make you appreciate this one more.

UFRA

No - you're not "committed" to her just because you went on one date. You can go browse the other choices as much as you wish at this point.

You're more than fine to date other people. Chances are, she is too. Unless you two talk exclusivity , have fun. If anything, seeing those other girls might make you appreciate this one more.

Cool, thanks for the input.

Unrelated; does anybody here use any other dating sites? I looked at a few, and they all seem garbage compared to OKC. They all require you to subscribe just to send/view messages, and the subscription fees are outrageous. OKC is the only site I've found that allows you to use it properly, free of charge (there's an optional paid service that gives you a few perks, which I use, but it's not necessary).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cool, thanks for the input.

Unrelated; does anybody here use any other dating sites? I looked at a few, and they all seem garbage compared to OKC. They all require you to subscribe just to send/view messages, and the subscription fees are outrageous. OKC is the only site I've found that allows you to use it properly, free of charge (there's an optional paid service that gives you a few perks, which I use, but it's not necessary).

plenty of fish is in a similar vein, just without the questions, basically. Decent enough, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom