• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Is A list a scam?

Someone rated me highly but when I search based on their match/friend/enemy % and location and age there's no direct match based on what okcupid let's me see.
Go to the e-mail assigned to your OKC account. If you have notifications on it will tell you who rated you. Its a trick to bypass for those of us who are regular members. I always see when I get a high rating that way. :)

Van Owen

Banned
Go to the e-mail assigned to your OKC account. If you have notifications on it will tell you who rated you. Its a trick to bypass for those of us who are regular members. I always see when I get a high rating that way. :)

Hmm, it didn't send me anything on my mail or phone.

There are two ways to rate people and it will only show it to you when they do it one of those ways. Can't remember if it is from the Quickmatch area or when they rate you directly from your profile.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm pretty sure without A-list, it only sometimes sends you an e-mail. Like in a "you'd be getting these emails for everyone that rates you if you had A-list, this is a teaser" kind of way.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yup. It's exactly the same as how they start showing your visitors after a while (with usernames excluded) even if you browse invisibly. Another preview type deal for the A List "browse invisibly but still see your visitors" feature.

stn

Hm, don't know. I've been getting an e-mail every time someone ranks me highly. As for dating a transsexual...Yeah, definitely wouldn't.

stn

You guys are right. I just got rated highly and didn't get an e-mail about it. :(

EDIT: Got another high rating just this minute. No e-mail. Bah, I was getting e-mails for all my previous ratings.

big_z

POF iOS iPhone app users I have a request. The app just updated to 1.36.1 they claim it fixes bugs but it only removes features And limits search results.

Those still using version 1.36 or 1.35 could you back up the app and upload it somewhere for download. Im not sure which i had before so links to both would be greatly appreciated.

Any of you guys ever have an experience where you've been messaging a girl back and forth, and she seems into it, but when you suggest a meet-up, she stops replying?

What is that?

Maddocks

Any of you guys ever have an experience where you've been messaging a girl back and forth, and she seems into it, but when you suggest a meet-up, she stops replying?

What is that?

sadly that's what happens. some girls use it as an ego boost more so then a dating site. Fear is probably another reason they stop.

So, how different is the second date experience compared to the first date?

For some reason, I usually avoid going out with people again, no matter how I found the first date. They'll usually ask me out a few more times before kind of giving up. I've got to stop that.

Maddocks

So, how different is the second date experience compared to the first date?

For some reason, I usually avoid going out with people again, no matter how I found the first date. They'll usually ask me out a few more times before kind of giving up. I've got to stop that.

the 2nd date is the real date. 1st date is the sizing up stage. but the 2nd date is where you are loose and free and a little more carefree because you made it to that stage.

embrace it, don't push it away.

Leeness

O6kXjU6.png

:(

the 2nd date is the real date. 1st date is the sizing up stage. but the 2nd date is where you are loose and free and a little more carefree because you made it to that stage.

embrace it, don't push it away.

Hm... maybe I'll have I'll start continuing some of the stuff I start off.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seriously, who watches Star Wars on TV? I'd have more respect for her if she was watching the bluray or something.

And now imagine girls are 10x as picky when it comes to guys with online dating and you really wonder why it's hard to get dates on OKC, when things like that are reason enough to bail out?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I wish i could discard messages from cute girls because of shit like that. If i ever do get a message from a cute girl, might as well be a fucking miracle.

maxxpower

I wish i could discard messages from cute girls because of shit like that. If i ever do get a message from a cute girl, might as well be a fucking miracle.

If it helps, I'm ugly as fuck and I've gotten messages from 3 cute girls. You're way better looking than me so I'm sure you'll get messaged soon enough.

Van Owen

Banned
My profile is a joke but I've been getting messages still. I wonder how well I'd do if I put some effort into it. I'm sure if you're decent looking with an ok profile you'll do fine.

This latest chick wears thick rimmed glasses too which I dig, and she looks good without them.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If it helps, I'm ugly as fuck and I've gotten messages from 3 cute girls. You're way better looking than me so I'm sure you'll get messaged soon enough.

If you're the same maxpower that visited my profile you arent ugly at all man. You are probably considered good looking by most.

Seriously, I don't think I've seen a bad looking dude's profile on here yet. If I didn't have some strange luck, I wouldn't even bother knowing what I was competing against.

Hey kinggy that's a better picture. I would just make sure that you stop playing pocket pool and get your hands out of your pockets if you can. Also, try to edit it a little more so your face is better illuminated.

Buy it's a great improvement from before!

And I would love to meet a girl to hang out on Friday and watch star wars with... Seems like a super cheap date

Van Owen

Banned
I'm just saying, standards are important. You can't let every okcupid girl through the door without some sort of filter.

I'm still taking to her though.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Seriously, who watches Star Wars on TV? I'd have more respect for her if she was watching the bluray or something.

My profile is a joke but I've been getting messages still. I wonder how well I'd do if I put some effort into it. I'm sure if you're decent looking with an ok profile you'll do fine.

This latest chick wears thick rimmed glasses too which I dig, and she looks good without them.
I love cute brunettes with glasses.

Seriously though, you should open up a bit. I just wanna be sure I got this right but it turns you off watching Star Wars on TV? I don't know you, but if you're worried about something so petty you come off as being rather judgmental. Try to open up a bit.... ah, but then again you said it was a joke account.

eh. I made a profile. not really sure if I'm gonna use it. there are cute girls but I haven't messaged anyone. What the hell am I supposed to say when I don't know them? I've only ever met chicks/gfs in real life...
Also all my matches "reply selectively"

Can people see that you've never messaged anyone?

I've gotten emails about people rating me and me being "one of the most attractive members" but I have a feeling they do that for everyone...

Jzero

eh. I made a profile. not really sure if I'm gonna use it. there are cute girls but I haven't messaged anyone. What the hell am I supposed to say when I don't know them. I've only ever met chicks/gfs in real life...
Also all my matches "reply selectively"

Can people see that you've never messaged anyone?

Nope. They could only see if you visit their profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom