• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimothy

Welp, just hit the jackpot. I've been messaging back and forth with a girl recently and it turns out she has an extra ticket to a taping of the The Daily Show this Thursday. I was kind of hesitant at first because she was has friends coming along I've never met and I thought it might be awkward, but I decided I'm going to stop being afraid and just said FUCK IT. I've always wanted to see the show in person and now's my chance. I messaged her back and she gave me her number. I'll probably text her tomorrow sometime to hammer out the details. Feeling pretty good right now.

/stealthbragbutireallyneededtotellsomeone

Welp, just hit the jackpot. I've been messaging back and forth with a girl recently and it turns out she has an extra ticket to a taping of the The Daily Show this Thursday. I was kind of hesitant at first because she was has friends coming along I've never met and I thought it might be awkward, but I decided I'm going to stop being afraid and just said FUCK IT. I've always wanted to see the show in person and now's my chance. I messaged her back and she gave me her number. I'll probably text her tomorrow sometime to hammer out the details. Feeling pretty good right now.

That's awesome dude! Enjoy the show.

Nice! I've done that before, basically going to a bar with the girl and her friends. And while I was hesitant at first, I ended up having a pretty good time. Just focus on enjoying yourself and socializing with everyone and not worry too much about just interacting with the girl and you'll be fine

Don't sweat it. In situations like this, the friends usually like to poke fun at what's going on, and they'll be really interested in quizzing you, so you don't have to worry about doing all the right things.

y2dvd

So for the most part, this site has been a failure for me. Nothing much to report except now. I've been messaging lots of girls like crazy and finally got one to respond. We messaged each other back and forth all night and I asked for her number. She was hesitant at first, asking what my intentions were. Now I didn't say this, but I'm thinking 'What else do you think most everyone's intentions be on a site like this?'. My actual response was that I'm just trying to get to know more people. :)

She didn't respond for awhile. I replied, "Too soon? I scared ya off didn't I?" lol. I thought I blew it, but she later replied and we exchanged numbers. We'll see how it goes from here.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
There's this one girl that I exchanged numbers with a couple weeks back, but I haven't been in contact with her because I've been busy during the weekends. She looks at my profile almost every day. I guess I can understand this might be her saying, "Hey, I'm still interested," but it's actually sort of bugging me. My mind tends to wander and it's making me think she might be a clingy type... I may not pursue further.

I also had one girl just message me again (a few days after I didn't respond to her latest message) saying something to the effect of, "Maybe I just didn't take the hint or something, but since this is a dating site, wanna meet up?" Well, there was no "hint" in my one reply to her because she came across as sort of boring and quite a bit different personality-wise. Not sure if I'm looking for someone pushy, either... Fuck, I don't even know why I'm on this site right now, I really don't want anything even close to a relationship, ha.

Jimothy

Nice! I've done that before, basically going to a bar with the girl and her friends. And while I was hesitant at first, I ended up having a pretty good time. Just focus on enjoying yourself and socializing with everyone and not worry too much about just interacting with the girl and you'll be fine

That's awesome dude! Enjoy the show.

Don't sweat it. In situations like this, the friends usually like to poke fun at what's going on, and they'll be really interested in quizzing you, so you don't have to worry about doing all the right things.
Thanks, bros. We're actually going to meet up tomorrow evening 1 on 1. Looking forward to it. I got a couple other girls' numbers yesterday. When it rains it pours I guess.

So for the most part, this site has been a failure for me. Nothing much to report except now. I've been messaging lots of girls like crazy and finally got one to respond. We messaged each other back and forth all night and I asked for her number. She was hesitant at first, asking what my intentions were. Now I didn't say this, but I'm thinking 'What else do you think most everyone's intentions be on a site like this?'. My actual response was that I'm just trying to get to know more people. :)

She didn't respond for awhile. I replied, "Too soon? I scared ya off didn't I?" lol. I thought I blew it, but she later replied and we exchanged numbers. We'll see how it goes from here.

I cringed at that last part, glad it worked out for you though.

Necrovex

This has happened to me before. Went out with this woman from PoF, and her friend joined along. We had a fun time at bowling...until her friend consumed too much alcohol and had to drag his ass out of the bowling place....Then the police saw him and called an ambulance. That was a strange night, but I hung out with the girl a few times after said event.

y2dvd

I cringed at that last part, glad it worked out for you though.

Haha yeah I had an all or nothing mind set and didn't feel like waiting. We were messaging each other at a frequent pace so I wanted to put her on the spot and give me an answer so I know whether to move on or not. It also puts pressure on her. So far it's worked out. We've been texting each other all day and she's already agreed to go out on a date so we'll see how it goes.

Futureman

I don't know how long ago they changed the Locals thing on the app, but it's bullshit. I keep getting matches with people who live across the country.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Has anyone ever messed with someone in an open relationship?

I haven't changed myself from 'Single' to 'Available' or anything, but I've sort of setup with the girl I've been seeing from OKC that I'm gonna (try to) date other people, but keep it open with her and let her know. It's a bit weird, since the conversation started with her saying she DIDN'T want to see other people, but I'm okay with her seeing other people and would want her to if she does want to see others. I'm sure there'll be some natural jealousy, and we won't come out completely unscathed, but I think it will be okay.

I'm kind of embittered right now. I have an OKCupid set up for friends and as a curiosity mostly. Anyway, I was shooting some messages back and forth and a girl asked to meet me. I was kinda apprehensive, but agreed. Now they have told me they are backing out because I'm too intense, when honestly, they asked to meet me and I was happy enough just talking online. What the hell?

I guess I'm more annoyed because I was adverse to meeting someone and it took me a while to think about it and agree to it. Anyway, that's my rant over.

Jhoan

Guys, I have a question. So there's this girl that I'm talking to right now that happens to go to my college and is the same major as me. How do I go about asking her questions about professors and whatnot without sounding like a creep? Keep in mind that I've never met her at school.

Guys, I have a question. So there's this girl that I'm talking to right now that happens to go to my college and is the same major as me. How do I go about asking her questions about professors and whatnot without sounding like a creep? Keep in mind that I've never met her at school.

Why would you sound like a creep for asking her about professors? It seems pretty standard conversation topic for people in college.

Jimothy

Just got back from a really nice date with the girl I mentioned earlier. We got some lemonade and basically just walked around the West Village for 2 hours. There were no awkward pauses in the entire two hours which was pretty amazing. I have a couple other girls that I'm interested in to but this was one is pretty great.

Jhoan

Why would you sound like a creep for asking her about professors? It seems pretty standard conversation topic for people in college.

I responded to her earlier. I was over thinking about it. She hasn't replied. I'm kind of not expecting her to since it's been a couple of hours since I last replied.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Finally had a girl message me back. We have done about 4 rounds of exchanges so far. Which is reaching the limit i think. But its strange, because in my first message i told her my name, and asked questions. And every message after i asked a question and threw in a tidbit about myself to try and spark conversation.

But every one of her messages has just kinda answered the questions in a single sentence and hasnt really varied it up. She hasnt told me her name or anything. Im not even sure we have anything in common now or if she is actually interested.

Do i ask for a number, or give her mine and say 'call me if you want to talk more'? This would be the 2nd girl on the site that i was kinda interested in that actually messaged me back but now her personality is just seeming flat.

stn

Sometimes girls can reply even if they're not interested. Why? A few reasons exist that are not even worth listing. I've had a few girls message me first and still give these boring, one-word answers. I would literally stop replying.

My advice would be to do the same. Why? You can find some girls online who at least have basic social skills. If they can't be even slightly creative online then they're probably very lame in person. Or they're not interested. Either way, I'd say find another girl.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Sometimes girls can reply even if they're not interested. Why? A few reasons exist that are not even worth listing. I've had a few girls message me first and still give these boring, one-word answers. I would literally stop replying.

My advice would be to do the same. Why? You can find some girls online who at least have basic social skills. If they can't be even slightly creative online then they're probably very lame in person. Or they're not interested. Either way, I'd say find another girl.

Im tempted to message her and ask her if she is interested in asking me anything and what her name is. Basically dont ask her anything other than posing to her she needs to speak up a little. She is a well spoken person and doesnt seem lazy, but its all been very dry despite my attempts at humor and stuff.

Edit: yeah so i just sent her a slightly playful message wondering if she was interested in knowing anything else since i was asking the questions.

We will see how she responds. If its plain and lame i might just wish her well and say i dont think there is chemistry.

Thanks for the message.

UFRA

Finally had a girl message me back. We have done about 4 rounds of exchanges so far. Which is reaching the limit i think. But its strange, because in my first message i told her my name, and asked questions. And every message after i asked a question and threw in a tidbit about myself to try and spark conversation.

But every one of her messages has just kinda answered the questions in a single sentence and hasnt really varied it up. She hasnt told me her name or anything. Im not even sure we have anything in common now or if she is actually interested.

Do i ask for a number, or give her mine and say 'call me if you want to talk more'? This would be the 2nd girl on the site that i was kinda interested in that actually messaged me back but now her personality is just seeming flat.

In my experience, a girl that doesn't engage me with questions in return is not worth my time.

It's one thing to be shy, but it's another thing to put no effort on the other end of a conversation.

Every girl that I've actually met up with via online dating has always had good exchanges with me. The current girl I'm about to meet up with next week - we exchanged 10 messages back and forth, sometimes as long as 3-5 paragraphs, always asking each other 3-4 questions per message. Then we've been talking on the phone the past week. It's refreshing when someone puts effort into it, since it shows their interest in you.

Jzero

Wouldn't that happen just as often offline if you're not careful? I mean, it's definitely shitty, but you hear about things like this in regular dating all the time. You gotta be more careful on dates, on or offline.

Yea, good thing i'm not a girl. I don't have to worry about it as much.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Got "stood up" (not sure if it can even really be called that in this sense, though) yet again. If a girl messages me at the last minute asking to change plans, I don't even respond anymore. Hell, yesterday it was actually kind of a relief since I was hesitant about meeting her anyway. When we finalized our plans she actually responded "yaaay!" (I mean, really?) which, among other things, lead me to believe that she might be a fake profile. Even if not, she kind of seemed dumb as rocks.

I probably sound kind of paranoid/skeptical, but it's happened multiple times now, with girls that I've messaged first and vice-versa. Reverse image search has never helped weed anyone out.

Got "stood up" (not sure if it can even really be called that in this sense, though) yet again. If a girl messages me at the last minute asking to change plans, I don't even respond anymore. Hell, yesterday it was actually kind of a relief since I was hesitant about meeting her anyway. When we finalized our plans she actually responded "yaaay!" (I mean, really?) which, among other things, lead me to believe that she might be a fake profile. Even if not, she kind of seemed dumb as rocks.

I probably sound kind of paranoid/skeptical, but it's happened multiple times now, with girls that I've messaged first and vice-versa. Reverse image search has never helped weed anyone out.

Eh it's happened to all of us on this thread, guys and girls. Just goes with the territory. People think they can be jerks because they haven't actually met you.

That said, sometimes shit does happen and you should just simply respond and be positive about it. Maybe they actually need to reschedule, this has happened to me and worked out nicely.

Prologue

Been talking to a girl for a few days. Seems really nice and decent. Conversation flows really well and we've talked a lot. I recently found out her last name though and looked her up on Facebook. Her profile mentioned she was curvy but her facebook shows her being actually just overweight. I feel like an ass for not wanting to talk as much anymore. I feel like shes being a bit deceptive and I do my best to actually take care of my body.

Been talking to a girl for a few days. Seems really nice and decent. Conversation flows really well and we've talked a lot. I recently found out her last name though and looked her up on Facebook. Her profile mentioned she was curvy but her facebook shows her being actually just overweight. I feel like an ass for not wanting to talk as much anymore. I feel like shes being a bit deceptive and I do my best to actually take care of my body.

I don't blame you for feeling that way. Someone lied to you.

stn

Don't feel bad, I've done that to. And one girl did that to me after I didn't want to send her more pics (I just thought she was a bit weird for certain reasons). Online dating is 90% physical connection and 10% profile, in my opinion.

So a week ago, a female messaged me out of the blue, we had a mini conversation, and she asked if we could continue the conversation over coffee.

I just got back from that. We walked through a park for 1/2 an hour. I think it went decent, though I was probably too boring, and a small part of me thinks she ended it early to go home. Should I send a follow-up text, or should I wait for her be the forward one like she was all along, or...?

So a week ago, a female messaged me out of the blue, we had a mini conversation, and she asked if we could continue the conversation over coffee.

I just got back from that. We walked through a park for 1/2 an hour. I think it went decent, though I was probably too boring, and a small part of me thinks she ended it early to go home. Should I send a follow-up text, or should I wait for her be the forward one like she was all along, or...?

You won't know unless you try. See if you can schedule a second date.

nOoblet16

How do you deal with girls who answer your first message with just a "hi" ?
Although in my case I think the girl was trying to be a little sarcastic considering the message I sent her since the hi was in quotations, but the general question remains the same.

not sure where to post, but here goes

i met a girl i really like, main problem being that its a long distance relationship as in we live 6hrs away. we both like each other and are willing to give it a shot. my question is, im going to go visit her for the first time in a week. what should i do?

also, she went on vacation for a 2 weeks (no phone). should i email her or give her her space, or wait for her to email me

thanks, i really think it could work just want a bit of advice so i dont mess up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom