• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

I sent a message out last night to a woman who is a nude model. We talked about our mutual profession (though my position as a nude model is very part-timey), and after a few messages, she sent me a collection of her nude shots. I was like "Gat damn!" when I saw her photos. Going to continue to talk to her, and see where this goes.

Jzero

I sent a message out last night to a woman who is a nude model. We talked about our mutual profession (though my position as a nude model is very part-timey), and after a few messages, she sent me a collection of her nude shots. I was like "Gat damn!" when I saw her photos. Going to continue to talk to her, and see where this goes.

She must get so many messages asking for sex.

Can I get some pics of you? For science of course.

How do you guys get women to message you?

Honestly, just take a really really good photo of yourself. I've made accounts on both POF and Zoosk with just a really good picture of myself (I used a different picture for my okcupid profile though) and have been getting a few messages a day. One girl even just gave me her number without anything else in the message. Smiling in your picture helps a lot too.

It also wouldn't hurt to have things in your profile that people can relate to, so they can spark simple conversations like, "OMG you like xxx? I like xxx, too! Xxx was like my favorite back in high school!"

bjb

Banned
I blame my bad luck on this site due to the fact that I live in a small city though I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

Was in a pretty small city as well. My girlfriend was also apparently using like 4 different sites. Perhaps I'm just lucky - I guess time will tell.

.GqueB.

Banned
Honestly, just take a really really good photo of yourself. I've made accounts on both POF and Zoosk with just a really good picture of myself (I used a different picture for my okcupid profile though) and have been getting a few messages a day. One girl even just gave me her number without anything else in the message. Smiling in your picture helps a lot too.

It also wouldn't hurt to have things in your profile that people can relate to, so they can spark simple conversations like, "OMG you like xxx? I like xxx, too! Xxx was like my favorite back in high school!"

Pretty much this. The first thing people look at are the photos. I doubt many check out your personality first then take a look at your pictures. 8 out of 10 times it's going to be the other way around. I know that's how I do it.

I'm back on this site after about a year or so. Still the same... still amazing.

I hate this fucking site.

Me too. But I can't stay away.

I've found that it helps to make your profile somewhat reject-able. Meaning specific and not just vaguely putting your best foot forward. Like I say plainly in my profile that I'm not looking for anything serious and if someone looks at my profile and doesn't send a message or doesn't reply to me then I just assume it's that. Kind of helps keep the ego unbruised. I used to fine tune the shit out of my profile and it used to fuck with me good because you're kind of stuck wondering what's wrong.

Jzero

Your main picture has to be amazing. I've rotated photos before and went from a few a day to nothing.

You also have to keep in mind that once someone views your profile they are less likely to view it later if they are not interested. I went from getting a bunch of views when i joined and a few weeks later but then the views started getting lower and lower every month.

Well, in my case, being far less attractive than literally every other guy in my area has done wonders. The pretty detailed profile that I have also helps.

I actually think I'm serious about that first part though. I mean, I'll sometimes scope out the local competition and think to myself, "I don't have a fucking chance here." And yet, I still receive random messages from time to time. I like to think that these girls just think they'll have a better shot with the most downtrodden dude on the site.

Well, the girl I've been seeing for the past two months and I have disabled our accounts after deciding to take it a bit further. Both of us clicked really quickly and it's been a fun ride since. Neither one of us were really looking for a relationship in the beginning, but we kinda said "why not" just recently and went from there! Feels good, man. :)

Bad7667

Thinking about trying dating again. Never had the courage to message anyone the last time I tried but I lost quite a bit of weight and I am feeling a little better about myself.

Just wondering if I should be upfront in my profile about my lack of experience. Never been on a date before. My last GF was grade 9 and it was like 3 weeks.

I am about to turn 24 in August so I am a little inexperienced for my age.

What do you guys think?

Bleepey

I have a one-strike rule, lol. If all I receive is the answer to my question then I move on. To be honest though I stopped messaging girls in general. I've been getting tons of messages but no longer feel the urge to randomly chat with people unless I'm attracted. I'm pretty sure I've gone from "replies often" to "replies very selectively" after ignoring the last 20 or so people. :S
What's your secret?

Thinking about trying dating again. Never had the courage to message anyone the last time I tried but I lost quite a bit of weight and I am feeling a little better about myself.

Just wondering if I should be upfront in my profile about my lack of experience. Never been on a date before. My last GF was grade 9 and it was like 3 weeks.

I am about to turn 24 in August so I am a little inexperienced for my age.

What do you guys think?
No, but I would recommend first talking to women with whom you wouldn't feel bad if you totally fuck up. Build up experience. Maybe you'll luck out and find the right person from the start.

Gonna go on a date pretty soon with a girl who had absolutely nothing in her profile. We messaged each other a few times, but she said she'd rather do the getting to know each other stuff face to face. Anyone have any tips? I'm kinda nervous that we won't have anything to talk about.

Jimothy

Gonna go on a date pretty soon with a girl who had absolutely nothing in her profile. We messaged each other a few times, but she said she'd rather do the getting to know each other stuff face to face. Anyone have any tips? I'm kinda nervous that we won't have anything to talk about.

I find talking about how weird online dating is to be a good ice breaker. I've been on 4 dates and it hasn't failed to start a conversation yet.

~Kinggi~

Banned
One day, i might stop being alone. But this site just reminds me thats never happening. Fuck this stupid ass site. Never a reply, im gonna fucking go nuts soon.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
One day, i might stop being alone. But this site just reminds me thats never happening. Fuck this stupid ass site. Never a reply, im gonna fucking go nuts soon.

Let me see that profile, son. Also, try POF. I get messages and meet request like crazy on there.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Let me see that profile, son. Also, try POF. I get messages and meet request like crazy on there.

I honestly just hate myself now. I mean how can i not. Im 29, virgin, with no experience with girls. Its not like im not trying. Like today i just went drinking with people from work. I mean, i think im fun to talk to, but these things never go anywhere. They never lead to meeting girls, even when i ask. I get to hear everyone's stories about their sex and their girlfriends and it just makes me miserable. They are so casual about it yet it might as well be impossible for me. I message girls but they just never reply. I have received a message form some girls, but they are huge, literally. I hate to be shallow there but i spent over 2 years going to the gym and busting my ass to lose all my weight and try and look good. I'm now growing a beard cause everyone said grow facial hair. For someone to have this much trouble is pretty fucked up. And ive already posted my profile. Not in the mood now.

stn

What's your secret?
Absolutely nothing, lol. If I show you my profile you'll see that its quite...plain (I did so deliberately). When I first started it was VERY slow, then picked up strong after a week. But honestly, a huge majority of the girls who message me are generally average looking, I'd say. There have been a few that were "hot" but things fell apart for whatever reason.

I used to be open to just chatting with girls on there, I replied to everyone. Then I realized that 99% of the girls replied very selectively and I figured what's the point?

~Kinggi~ said:
I honestly just hate myself now. I mean how can i not. Im 29, virgin, with no experience with girls. Its not like im not trying.

Slow down, son. A few things...

1. Love yourself. Not hate.
2. You're 29 and have no experience. AND? So?
3. Keep trying, be positive.
4. Don't be so quick to do anything just to meet women. You reek of desperation.

Sit back, relax, and go have fun. Go party, go to events, talk to strangers. Socialize with people. It all comes from there. In my opinion, the secret to meeting women is to form emotional connections with them created out of social interaction and fun times. Not growing a beard and hoping you'll meet girls.

Approach situations with the intention of meeting new people and making fun times for them and yourself. You will be successful this way. Just relax, ok? All is good, trust me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Shit, this a full on conversation now. Quick, WAT DO!?

No seriously im gonna run out of fuel in like 4 messages and she is replying quickly.

stn

I'm ripped? ...Huh? I'm 6'0 and 174lbs. That's pretty skinny, lol. I've never shared my profile on here so you've definitely never seen me. :)

Irish

Shit, this a full on conversation now. Quick, WAT DO!?

No seriously im gonna run out of fuel in like 4 messages and she is replying quickly.

Surprisingly, random questions followed by several back and forth responses based around that topic tends to work.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Welp, the convo has suddenly died. 6 quick exchanges and then bleh, nothing. Sent a message continuing it and then....this shit needs a masters degree. Seriously she better reply or im gonna be devastate.

stn

Bro, honestly: don't stress so much. I know you feel like you're running out of time and all that shit. You're not. Its true that it becomes more difficult as you get older but you get over that by becoming more comfortable with yourself.

So a girl online stopped messaging you. Who cares? People in general have short attention spans, don't be surprised. Don't over-think things, it never solves anything. My advice is leave the conversation be and go message other girls. It seems to me like you're heavily invested emotionally in this, and that's no good!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Bro, honestly: don't stress so much. I know you feel like you're running out of time and all that shit. You're not. Its true that it becomes more difficult as you get older but you get over that by becoming more comfortable with yourself.

So a girl online stopped messaging you. Who cares? People in general have short attention spans, don't be surprised. Don't over-think things, it never solves anything. My advice is leave the conversation be and go message other girls. It seems to me like you're heavily invested emotionally in this, and that's no good!

This one was a little different though. I noticed over the past year she had visited my profile a couple of time and i actually called her out on it, not expecting a reply at all. But she did reply and we were really into it for a half hour. Then i just responded to a comment she made and nothing....

Seriously i cant handle this shit. This stuff happens like once a year for me what the fuck

Jzero

This one was a little different though. I noticed over the past year she had visited my profile a couple of time and i actually called her out on it, not expecting a reply at all. But she did reply and we were really into it for a half hour. Then i just responded to a comment she made and nothing....

Seriously i cant handle this shit. This stuff happens like once a year for me what the fuck

Some chicks want you to ask them on a date right away. Or you're just boring ( happens to me)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Some chicks want you to ask them on a date right away. Or you're just boring ( happens to me)

yeah and some chicks go back into their shell as soon as you throw numbers at them. Seriously this is no-win.

Fuck, in the first message she even said how bullshit it was for guys on cupid think they'd get laid after just saying 'hello'.

stn

I sincerely believe in what I'm about to say. The best thing that could happen here is if she stops replying, but YOU take the initiative and stop caring. That means you forget that she stopped replying and move on.

The reason why guys who don't care are successful is because they don't fall into typical male habits. They're comfortable with approaching a girl and talking for five minutes, and then leaving if they need to and never looking back. I rejected and refused the best looking girl I've ever met for various reasons. I regretted it for years before I was the way I am now.

Now? I'm glad it happened. Great character builder. I have some issues of my own but I can say with absolute confidence that I'm VERY comfortable in my skin. So yeah, chill out. Keep working out, keep going out, and keep yourself happy and positive!

That's it for the night, I'm off to sleep. Good luck, dude. :)

~Kinggi~

Banned
I sincerely believe in what I'm about to say. The best thing that could happen here is if she stops replying, but YOU take the initiative and stop caring. That means you forget that she stopped replying and move on.

The reason why guys who don't care are successful is because they don't fall into typical male habits. They're comfortable with approaching a girl and talking for five minutes, and then leaving if they need to and never looking back. I rejected and refused the best looking girl I've ever met for various reasons. I regretted it for years before I was the way I am now.

Now? I'm glad it happened. Great character builder. I have some issues of my own but I can say with absolute confidence that I'm VERY comfortable in my skin. So yeah, chill out. Keep working out, keep going out, and keep yourself happy and positive!

That's it for the night, I'm off to sleep. Good luck, dude. :)

This is bullshit. If that was the criteria i'd be the grandmaster champion. Seriously.

Me being upset now is because there was exceptionally more than average. I'm used to be being turned down. Now im pissed.

Jimothy

What's your guys' policy on dating more than one girl at the same time? I'm texting a couple girls right now and it's kind of overwhelming. There's one girl in particular that I'm really digging but if she's not as interested in me I want to have a fall back of some sort. Should I keep my options open or just hone in on the one girl?

maxxpower

I'd usually follow this rule too but it was such a quick and casual conversation. such horseshit. I am never getting out of this pit.

I know how you feel dude. Even though you've got five years on me with every year that passes I feel like I'm moving backwards instead of forward. At this point I've realized and have just accepted that I'll be alone for at least the next few years. I've got plenty of friends but I'm also human and with a sex drive and like every other man or woman out there I would like to experience being in a relationship, but I guess that's not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom