• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayStorm

It's basically just setting up a fake account using your pictures. So, what's interesting about making yet another fake account on a site flooded with such?

I don't know that it necessarily has to be a fake profile. It could be quiet open about having a ghost writer. However that probably should be someone who knows him quite well to have some sort of sensibility.

here's a recent exchange i did

meechinacorner, would you like meinameech?

Sent to meechinacorner

Jul 22, 2013 – 11:53pm
You making a sex joke?

Jul 22, 2013 – 11:54pm
you making a sex?

Jul 22, 2013 – 11:55pm
Now, I dont know if you're mentally ill (I've gotten those before). Were you making a sex joke?

Jul 22, 2013 – 11:58pm
im not mentally ill
im looking for a girl that likes a dill
pickle that is, you look like you fit the bill
so shut up, give me your digits, and lets chill

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:00am
I dont think you'd like me very much. You're way too good looking.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:02am
nice lips nice eyes and i bet you got a nice pussy, whats not to like?

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:03am
Im 4'6 and a virgin.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:06am
im 6ft1 with a nice cock, i become a newly born again virgin every day, you know i can make you feel good

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:08am
I have no doubt about it, but again, I dont think you'd find me attractive.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:09am
you are sexy as fuck, im hard here just looking at your pics

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:12am
There's a reason why there isnt a picture of all of me.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:17am
do you have a nice pussy?

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:18am
Yes I do.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:20am
i bet it would taste good if i lick it, send me a pic of it ***

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:22am
Nope. We're done here. You're unbelievably gorgeous (if that is in fact you) and it's a damn shame you just want to get in my pants, but I must respectfully turn down the offer.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:24am
ok stay sexy in your future endeavors

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:25am
You, too. Seriously. :)

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:26am
have any friends that might want to fuck?

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:27am
You or me?

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:28am
both?

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:29am
Not for you. Sorry. I'm sure you dont have a problem getting laid.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:31am
its hard to find nice pussy

*listens to it's hard out here for a pimp by three six mafia

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:34am
You are a very good looking guy, if you're not getting "the pussy" its probably because you're an asshole.

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:36am
oh i can get pussy, its just not good pussy, it all feels different on my cock

Jul 23, 2013 – 12:47am
Well, try a different approach. try playing the game and maybe you'll get a nice virgin, with a nice pussy, and you'll be happy.

Jul 23, 2013 – 8:06pm
i play the game like donkey kong, i go ape on that pussy

Jul 23, 2013 – 9:36pm
Well I hope you find it :)Sent from the OkCupid app

Jul 23, 2013 – 10:34pm
Though I'd fuck you so hard right now if I could. Sent from the OkCupid app

Jul 23, 2013 – 10:34pm
I'm also super
Drunk

Leeness

Cheesy pick-up lines ever work on you, Leeness? lol

No. It's not like I even want to date anyone haha.

But it's more...try to spell like a normal human being, you know? Haha. I can put up with quite a bit of typing laziness but that quote is just...impressive in its stupidity. :/

Ohwiseone

Fuck it. So I am now at that point in which days will go by and no one will visit my profile. Like I check it once a week to see if anything happens.

I've tried revising and changing it, but with no luck. So gaf read it and then let me know what to change, I'm getting tired of the no views.

Okcupid.com/profile/mitchscampbell

Necrovex

Fuck it. So I am now at that point in which days will go by and no one will visit my profile. Like I check it once a week to see if anything happens.

I've tried revising and changing it, but with no luck. So gaf read it and then let me know what to change, I'm getting tired of the no views.

Okcupid.com/profile/mitchscampbell

Man, we have a 21% enemy rating. I gave you a 5/5 anyway.

Also, get rid of the selfies. They hurt you more than they assist you.

So seems like they added a "who saw you recently" thingy on the top right corner of the site but it seems like it's showing also A-list visitors since there are many girls there that don't appear on my visitors page. That would explain why I have a 58 visit average per week because I don't get that many on my visitors list. Anyone knows what's up with this?

So seems like they added a "who saw you recently" thingy on the top right corner of the site but it seems like it's showing also A-list visitors since there are many girls there that don't appear on my visitors page. That would explain why I have a 58 visit average per week because I don't get that many on my visitors list. Anyone knows what's up with this?

this terrifies me

does that mean people can see I'm seeing them anyways lol

Maybe it's just showing that you've appeared in search results.

stn

So, this new box that shows recent visits: is it showing most recent from the left? If so, I've been getting tons of visits unaccounted for. In fact, I recognized one girl I know in real-life, lol!

Can anyone confirm my speculation?

There is nothing worse than hitting it off with a girl and you get like 80 messages in with her and then it takes her forever to get back to you and you can see shes been on since you sent her the last message but she still hasn't responded and you start thinking "oh jesus christ I fucked this up and I really liked her, how did you already fuck this up you stupid idiot" and now you're hyperventilating and realizing you're socially retarded and you're going to be alone for the rest of your life.

OKCupid is pretty fun

Heh. I messaged a girl tonight. Just a jokey one about one of her questions. Wasn't expecting a reply but got one quite quickly after serving my opener. I did think this may have been a good sign, but the message was very abrupt explaining how she didn't want to revise any of her answers even though she knew it was the wrong answer.

She then deleted her account! Never been able to make someone quit a dating site before.

RC Cola

I can't confirm it, but it does seem like the most recent ones are to the left. The 3-4 people that I know are in my visitors section are arranged from left to right (most recent to least recent, going off of the visitors page). But as mentioned, there are others there who have never showed up on my visitors page. Not sure what that is all about.

I just updated my profile, and now pretty much all the visitors are different. Not even sure if any of them are on my visitors page. Hmm..

Yeah, maybe search results (or showing up on the activity page).

stn

Funny exchange I had on POF:

Me: I gotta run, I'll message you on Sunday!
Her: I'll probably close my account by then.
Me: Oh, fair enough. Good luck with everything!
Her: Okay, message me Sunday.

Its amazing how much you can win when you don't give a shit.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Dating-Age taught me how incredibly valuable not giving a shit is.
No. It's not like I even want to date anyone haha.
Then what are you doing on POF? To find "friends"? You don't fool me for a second, Leeness! You still want the love even if you can't handle it.
I'm thinking it's probably just the people that check you on quickmatch.

What I do notice is all of them are showing as online
It does say recently after all.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Well, it's easy unless you give a shit about the person and you like her. Of course it's easy when it's just some girl online you had no prior exchange with and know nothing about her.
That's not what I mean nor what I think stn means. It's more about having that the attitude that women are not scarce and those who turn you down are the ones losing out. I tell that to friends and sometimes say it here as well. Just try to find a lady/guy to have fun with first. If you can't accomplish that, then courting that person isn't even worth doing.

Do I really want the girl I met and walked around with for an hour last Thursday to text me to hang out? I sure do, but if she doesn't, it's her loss. I already asked her twice but she claimed one night she was working and the other time she wouldn't/couldn't be in the area I proposed. I really liked her but I'm not going to try to her impress her or hound her. If being me isn't enough, than it never would have worked out anyway.

stn

Yeah, what A Human Becoming said. Its a mentality of doing what you can to make things work, but not being persuaded into becoming desperate no matter what. You always want to dictate the plan, always want to be in control. You might lose out on a few numbers here and there but you'll build a VERY strong mind. With that kind of control you can go into the dating world without any fear.

@maxxpower - details? Elaborate, please.

Yeah, sorry, I'm just a bit grumpy today. Still I think you can only not give a fuck until a certain point. For me at least it's impossible to take rejection (or simple disinterest) that well when it's coming from someone I think I could be very happy with.

Anyway, this weekend I have 2 dates, let's see how they go.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Yeah, sorry, I'm just a bit grumpy today. Still I think you can only not give a fuck until a certain point. For me at least it's impossible to take rejection (or simple disinterest) that well when it's coming from someone I think I could be very happy with.
I had that problem before too and to a lesser extent still do. Just remember man, it's her loss. Not viewing it as rejection makes it much easier. It's all about perspective.

The best part about not giving a shit is the old advice of being yourself is much easier to follow.

I had that problem before too and to a lesser extent still do. Just remember man, it's her loss. Not viewing it as rejection makes it much easier. It's all about perspective.

The best part about not giving a shit is the old advice of being yourself is much easier to follow.

Well, I said rejection but sometimes it's just things not working out for many reasons and in those cases it's really not her loss at all, it's more my loss for not being able to have what I want. I agree sometimes you are detached enough from somebody that you can allow yourself to not give a shit and, I agree, the funny thing is that it tends to work, but normally not with girls I really care about.

At least that's basically my life's story :( The girls I like don't give a shit about me or have boyfriends and the girls that like me I don't have much strong feelings towards them. Sometimes I just get tired of looking and end up "trying" with some of these girls I don't care so much about just to see if it ends up working somehow. No, it doesn't, it's always been crap in the end.

Fuck am I pessimistic today.

Leeness

Then what are you doing on POF? To find "friends"? You don't fool me for a second, Leeness! You still want the love even if you can't handle it.

Friends would be fantastic. :D That's all I want. Guy friend to hug and go see movies with.

Except I just went and saw World's End by myself and that was awesome, so really, I don't even need a guy friend to go see movies with lol.

Friends would be fantastic. :D That's all I want. Guy friend to hug and go see movies with.

Except I just went and saw World's End by myself and that was awesome, so really, I don't even need a guy friend to go see movies with lol.

Honestly, I prefer watching movies by myself as well. Haven't been able to watch a movie with the person I've been seeing all the way to the end yet. I don't really like to hold on to people when I'm watching a movie in theatres and I get a little too close when at home.

Jimothy

There is nothing worse than hitting it off with a girl and you get like 80 messages in with her and then it takes her forever to get back to you and you can see shes been on since you sent her the last message but she still hasn't responded and you start thinking "oh jesus christ I fucked this up and I really liked her, how did you already fuck this up you stupid idiot" and now you're hyperventilating and realizing you're socially retarded and you're going to be alone for the rest of your life.

OKCupid is pretty fun
80 messages? Jesus fuck dude. I usually wait no longer than 5 to ask a girl out.

Leeness

Honestly, I prefer watching movies by myself as well. Haven't been able to watch a movie with the person I've been seeing all the way to the end yet. I don't really like to hold on to people when I'm watching a movie in theatres and I get a little too close when at home.

It can be nice to giggle and whisper with someone at the theatre but whatev. And never really watched a movie at home with a guy so whatever. Not missing much haha.

I would watch it with yall lol. I cant go alone. D:

Movies are more fun alone :p And it's much easier to coordinate a time with just yourself than with others :D

It's basically just setting up a fake account using your pictures. So, what's interesting about making yet another fake account on a site flooded with such?
When you say it like that, yeah, it sounds dumb... When I thought it up, I felt it was more akin to the handful of profiles I saw where girls put together a profile for a friend. =\

maxxpower

@maxxpower - details? Elaborate, please.

Well, we went out on five dates, and all five dates were great, but the time in between I just didn't give a shit. Basically I wasn't asking her if she wanted to go out again, I would just tell her after each date that I'd like to see her, leaving it at that, and thus she was always the one hitting me up to hang out with her. A week after the fifth date though she told me that she didn't feel that I was interested enough in her even though I was quite interested in her. She had made up her mind by that time though so that was the last time I talked to her.

I did the same thing with another girl shortly after and this girl was all over me, though I genuinely wasn't interested in her.

Before I definitely used to come off as needy, but I've definitely learned to just not give a shit. It works great when you're constantly going on dates with new girls but when you're having success in the dating world it can get to you.

Tsukumo

LOL. Priceless.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I never know what to make of women labeled "replies often" not returning my messages. My suspicion is the distance.
Well, I said rejection but sometimes it's just things not working out for many reasons and in those cases it's really not her loss at all, it's more my loss for not being able to have what I want. I agree sometimes you are detached enough from somebody that you can allow yourself to not give a shit and, I agree, the funny thing is that it tends to work, but normally not with girls I really care about.
It is still her loss. She didn't get to hook up with an awesome guy! And care about to what extent? Remember you can still be happy by yourself.
At least that's basically my life's story :( The girls I like don't give a shit about me or have boyfriends and the girls that like me I don't have much strong feelings towards them. Sometimes I just get tired of looking and end up "trying" with some of these girls I don't care so much about just to see if it ends up working somehow. No, it doesn't, it's always been crap in the end.

Fuck am I pessimistic today.
I'm sure many of us have any similar experiences. Hopefully you'll be optimistic today. :D
Well, we went out on five dates, and all five dates were great, but the time in between I just didn't give a shit. Basically I wasn't asking her if she wanted to go out again, I would just tell her after each date that I'd like to see her, leaving it at that, and thus she was always the one hitting me up to hang out with her. A week after the fifth date though she told me that she didn't feel that I was interested enough in her even though I was quite interested in her. She had made up her mind by that time though so that was the last time I talked to her.

I did the same thing with another girl shortly after and this girl was all over me, though I genuinely wasn't interested in her.

Before I definitely used to come off as needy, but I've definitely learned to just not give a shit. It works great when you're constantly going on dates with new girls but when you're having success in the dating world it can get to you.
Not giving a shit for me is not taking disinterest as rejection and putting yourself out there. Not giving a shit and showing interest are not mutually exclusive. Tell her when and where you want to hang out and if she says no/can't after a few times, throw the ball into her court before moving on. Don't take it personal or let it hinder you from seeking other women.

Most girls on okcupid for the section "Most private thing youre willing to admit"

1) Now it wouldnt be private will it?
2) That I'm on this site

I've been lurking the site lately, but, not ready to get back into dating yet, but I see a lot of things haven't changed in the past 3 years :p

Most girls on okcupid for the section "Most private thing youre willing to admit"

1) Now it wouldnt be private will it?
2) That I'm on this site

I've been lurking the site lately, but, not ready to get back into dating yet, but I see a lot of things haven't changed in the past 3 years :p

About Me: Working, going to school. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I like to go out as well as enjoy a quite evening at home.

Six things I can't do without: Family, friends, food, Internet, my phone.

On a typical Friday night I am: there is no typical Friday night!

Message me if: you're not looking for a one night stand. if you have something to say besides "hey."

Yeah, not a lot has changed.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
About Me: Working, going to school. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I like to go out as well as enjoy a quite evening at home.

Six things I can't do without: Family, friends, food, Internet, my phone.

On a typical Friday night I am: there is no typical Friday night!

Message me if: you're not looking for a one night stand. if you have something to say besides "hey."

This is 90% of everyone on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom