• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Had the nicest message sent to me earlier
"how is it even possible that your still single?"

Nearly 400 miles away from me though lol.

A few weeks ago I mentioned there was this chick I messaged for the hell of it (the one who just apparently got dumped by her boyfriend) and she asked me to email her because she wanted to quit okc cause she was getting stalked

Well I did, but she didn't reply for like two weeks...then I got an email from her tonight

she basically said "I was in a mess for two weeks cause I got into a fight with my landlord and got kicked out but now I've moved" and blah blah. then said "I normally don't do this so I hope you don't post it on the internet" and sends me a half naked picture of her with her hands covering her titties, and she then sends a link to this site and asks me to join but I don't have a membership and she offered to pay for mine. it looked like a virus but I checked her username and the site is linked to ihookup.com

something ain't right here right? why would she leave tameass okc because she's getting stalked to join ihookup

A few weeks ago I mentioned there was this chick I messaged for the hell of it (the one who just apparently got dumped by her boyfriend) and she asked me to email her because she wanted to quit okc cause she was getting stalked

Well I did, but she didn't reply for like two weeks...then I got an email from her tonight

she basically said "I was in a mess for two weeks cause I got into a fight with my landlord and got kicked out but now I've moved" and blah blah. then said "I normally don't do this so I hope you don't post it on the internet" and sends me a half naked picture of her with her hands covering her titties, and she then sends a link to this site and asks me to join but I don't have a membership and she offered to pay for mine. it looked like a virus but I checked her username and the site is linked to ihookup.com

something ain't right here right? why would she leave tameass okc because she's getting stalked to join ihookup

Gettin' stalked, sends you half naked pic two weeks later. Hacked.

Damn it, it's definitely a hack lol. I looked up her username and found her on other sites and basically everyone looks the same and has a similar username

and then I looked her name up on Facebook and I see that she lives in...Chicago. lol

is there some kind of weirdass business where girls get hired to do this shit and try to trick guys? I'm trying to figure out what her end game was

Damn it, it's definitely a hack lol. I looked up her username and found her on other sites and basically everyone looks the same and has a similar username

and then I looked her name up on Facebook and I see that she lives in...Chicago. lol

is there some kind of weirdass business where girls get hired to do this shit and try to trick guys? I'm trying to figure out what her end game was

Nah it's really a dude.

You must pursue this. For science.

Bollocks

how come im only hit on by gay dudes and never women? grow some balls you boobpeople

Maybe they aren't gay, are you this guy?
259138-to-all-of-those-women-still-chasing-zeddie-little-the-25-year-old-iden.jpg

Good lord. I just joined this week and went out with the weirdest girl tonight. Totally misjudged her messages/profile. When she said she was weird and boring, she literally meant it. She has social anxiety and depression problems. No personality whatsoever.

Please tell me it gets better, GAF.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Good lord. I just joined this week and went out with the weirdest girl tonight. Totally misjudged her messages/profile. When she said she was weird and boring, she literally meant it. She has social anxiety and depression problems. No personality whatsoever.

Please tell me it gets better, GAF.

Considering many of the people have been on the site much longer and have yet to go on one actual date, you're doing pretty well for yourself. LOL

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Haha. I love this thread. I retired from Okc since it became addicting. My total count after 6 months was 40 different dates. Take into account i'm in la.

BobLoblaw

Banned
how come im only hit on by gay dudes and never women? grow some balls you boobpeople
I find this funny, because the second I created my account and posted pics, I was instantly messaged by some random gay dude even though my profile clearly stated that I was straight. I immediately felt like I made a huge mistake, but the next 20 messages were all from chicks and thus order was restored.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I went on a date this week from okc. It was just ok. She was very very pretty. But sorta had bad taste and also had decayed toenail polish on her toes which grosses me out. Moving past the superficial stuff we didn't really "click" on our first date. But IDK we only hung out for like two hours and it didn't feel like the ice had been broken by the end of it. I think we're gonna hang out again on Sunday. This time I want to do it at a bar in the evening instead of 11am on tuesday morning at a crowded hipster cafe. I dunno.

Considering many of the people have been on the site much longer and have yet to go on one actual date, you're doing pretty well for yourself. LOL
I guess you can call it a date. She said she was into photography and what not, so I suggested we take pictures at a scenic place. Plan backfired because of it was really foggy, so we got some fro-yo.

She lacked a lot of social skills, which could've been overlooked if she actually had a decent personality.

Her: tell me something interesting about you
Me: *interesting story* how about you?
Her: ummmm... I have a secret but I can't tell you.

Me: so what's something you do besides work/school?
Her: nothing, I like staying home and being alone.

Thank you. She was a decent looking Japanese girl that could've at least been a friend if she had a personality. I even asked her how her other dates go and she said usually better than this-- in my head Im thinking, really? You're so dull!

Thanks for being a loyal and active member of the OkCupid community! We wish everyone could be such an upstanding citizen, but like any user-driven website, OkCupid attracts its share of trolls, scammers, and people who just don't follow directions well. To help minimize this element, we'd like to invite you to moderate the many reports of misbehavior that we receive daily.

Moderating can be fun, but it's not for the faint of heart. If you've never seen a rated-R movie in your life, you may want to sit this battle out. Otherwise, accept our gratitude for embarking on a journey into the dark recesses of online dating!

Moderation is now accessible from the main navigation!

Oh okay.

Darklord

Banned
Any tips on what to say to a girl on OKC that I used to know years ago in primary school and had a crush on her? I randomly came across her on the site but back then I was super shy and socially awkward. Should I mention I knew her from before as an icebreaker and just lightly joke about how I was back then?

Xun

Got a message from a girl who lives locally to me, but I'm not sure if I should message her back.

She's not completely my type, but alternatively it could be good practice if I managed to go on a date with her.

Thoughts?

Bleepey

I had like 400 messages in one day, and a good chunk of them acted offended and insulted when I didn't reply right away.

Fuck that site.

To be fair, men have no idea how many messages women get and women don't understand how few. You got more messages unsolicited in 5 minutes than any guy will in a year. It was like a 5-10% response rate for me on pof.

Darklord

Banned
It really is. It's like the asshole of free online dating sites. Only go there as a last resort.

There seem to be a lot of hot girls in my area but I've literally never gotten a reply back. I've already gotten 2 dates off the other site. So yeah, it kinda sucks.

Slavik81

Got a message from a girl who lives locally to me, but I'm not sure if I should message her back.

She's not completely my type, but alternatively it could be good practice if I managed to go on a date with her.

Thoughts?
Practice is worth it. I steadily improved as I replied to messages and went on dates.

Any tips on what to say to a girl on OKC that I used to know years ago in primary school and had a crush on her? I randomly came across her on the site but back then I was super shy and socially awkward. Should I mention I knew her from before as an icebreaker and just lightly joke about how I was back then?
Just tell her you had a crush on her and don't even mention why you never said anything. If she asks, you could say you were shy back then. It's a stronger statement when it's all about her.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just tell her you had a crush on her and don't even mention why you never said anything. If she asks, you could say you were shy back then. It's a stronger statement when it's all about her.

I'd personally actually avoid saying anything about having a crush on her. I'd save that for later if things are going well otherwise it might come across as being creepy and stalker-ish like you were observing her from afar haha. Her being an acquaintance should be enough to get your foot in the door.

Just my two cents...

Darklord

Banned
I'd personally actually avoid saying anything about having a crush on her. I'd save that for later if things are going well otherwise it might come across as being creepy and stalker-ish like you were observing her from afar haha. Her being an acquaintance should be enough to get your foot in the door.

Just my two cents...

Yeah, I dunno about messaging her 12 years later starting with I had a crush on her, haha. Especially if her reply is "We went to school together?". Maybe if I actually got a date I would say it then.

I guess I'll just message saying we used to go to school, that should peak her curiosity and get a reply then maybe right away ask if she wants to have dinner and catch up or something.

Well, much like okcupid, I made an account for fun and curiosity and intended to keep it up for as long as it entertained me. I deleted pof's after a day. I can't post exactly all the comments, but I remember a few.

During the night it was ok, I kept trying to reply to all messages (cuz I'm nice like that) but after a while I had to stop with the ones that were just "Hi", "Sup" and "You're hot". Since I woke up a bit early I decided to log in on the phone and reply some messages before going to college. Seems you still show up as online when you are on the phone and don't have Internet open.

But well, among other things, one guy (our exchange up to that point had been "Hi" and "Hi, what's up?") replied something like "I'm good, how are you?", ten minutes later said something like "Why aren't you replying?" and like 15 later "Nevermind, you're an asshole".

Another guy, who I had been messaging back and forth for a good 40 minutes, sent me a huge paragraph, offended, insulting me for ignoring me, despite the fact I told him I was going to college. This was 10 minutes after I didn't reply him. A couple of hours later sent me a gift, saying he was sorry for flipping in such a way. Wasn't till some hours later I could read it of course.

Other guy, also one who I had talked for a while the day before, sent me a message saying why I had lied to him, and faked interest and he'd rather me being honest than leading him on just to ignore him later. Apparently he had been trying to talk to me for 20 minutes on the chat but the chat doesn't work on my phone.

And there were easily about 50 guys who, when I took a bit in replying (and I mean, 6-15 minutes) sent one or two messages asking why I was ignoring them, and if they did something wrong.

I can't fucking stand being on a site that is so full of needy people, I could be online on OKCupid the whole day on the phone and nobody gave a shit. And the actual site is so much worse than OKCupid, too. Would not recommend.

Seguin

Banned
Well, much like okcupid, I made an account for fun and curiosity and intended to keep it up for as long as it entertained me. I deleted pof's after a day. I can't post exactly all the comments, but I remember a few.

During the night it was ok, I kept trying to reply to all messages (cuz I'm nice like that) but after a while I had to stop with the ones that were just "Hi", "Sup" and "You're hot". Since I woke up a bit early I decided to log in on the phone and reply some messages before going to college. Seems you still show up as online when you are on the phone and don't have Internet open.

But well, among other things, one guy (our exchange up to that point had been "Hi" and "Hi, what's up?") replied something like "I'm good, how are you?", ten minutes later said something like "Why aren't you replying?" and like 15 later "Nevermind, you're an asshole".

Another guy, who I had been messaging back and forth for a good 40 minutes, sent me a huge paragraph, offended, insulting me for ignoring me, despite the fact I told him I was going to college. This was 10 minutes after I didn't reply him. A couple of hours later sent me a gift, saying he was sorry for flipping in such a way. Wasn't till some hours later I could read it of course.

Other guy, also one who I had talked for a while the day before, sent me a message saying why I had lied to him, and faked interest and he'd rather me being honest than leading him on just to ignore him later. Apparently he had been trying to talk to me for 20 minutes on the chat but the chat doesn't work on my phone.

And there were easily about 50 guys who, when I took a bit in replying (and I mean, 6-15 minutes) sent one or two messages asking why I was ignoring them, and if they did something wrong.

I can't fucking stand being on a site that is so full of needy people, I could be online on OKCupid the whole day on the phone and nobody gave a shit. And the actual site is so much worse than OKCupid, too. Would not recommend.

Wow, this sounds so much worse then getting 1-2 unsolicited messages a week if you're lucky. You have it so hard.

Darklord

Banned

I like posts this like. Makes me feel like no matter what happens, I'll never be as bad as guys like these.

Takuya

Banned

Just bring up the fact that you know eachother and that you haven't seen eachother in such a long time. It'll help you get her into a 'catch up' convo and from there it's your game.

Cry more? I've never used online dating websites before, I just think it's bizarre for someone to be complaining about getting so much attention that they can't keep up with it.

Yeah, but you have been rejected and/or ignored.

Get over it.

EDIT- Unless, of course, this is the first time you've noticed that women get the right of refusal. If that is the case, welcome to the game.

Seguin

Banned
Yeah, but you have been rejected and/or ignored.

Get over it.

I'll be completely honest since I'm new to Neogaf and am not sure if you're just one of those posters that play a character on the internet, but what are you talking about? Yes, everyone has been rejected at a time in their lives. It happens. What I find strange is how this poster can be so dejected by having tons of attention thrown at them that they can't keep up with it. That should be a good thing, if the people sending messages are being immature jerks just ignore them.

I'll be completely honest since I'm new to Neogaf and am not sure if you're just one of those posters that play a character on the internet, but what are you talking about? Yes, everyone has been rejected at a time in their lives. It happens. What I find strange is how this poster can be so dejected by having tons of attention thrown at them that they can't keep up with it. That should be a good thing, if the people sending messages are being immature jerks just ignore them.

Read the edit, as it now appears to cover your case.

How did you not know this?

I am not being snarky.

Cry more? I've never used online dating websites before, I just think it's bizarre for someone to be complaining about getting so much attention that they can't keep up with it.

I'm not complaining about the attention, I used that as context to explain why I, who tried to reply back as much as I could, couldn't do it fast enough for some people.

I'm complaining about how fucking obsessive and needy people get there. It certainly doesn't encourage the use of this sites, which I'm pretty sure has a negative consequence on the nicer people I assume post here.

Seguin

Banned
I'm not complaining about the attention, I used that as context to explain why I, who tried to reply back as much as I could, couldn't do it fast enough for some people.

I'm complaining about how fucking obsessive and needy people get there. It certainly doesn't encourage the use of this sites, which I'm pretty sure has a negative consequence on the nicer people I assume post here.

Unfortunately a lot of people have been trained to be that way due to the fact that they are often ignored and that is a release mechanism of their frustration.

Slavik81

Just my two cents...
I think it could work during that first conversation since they'll probably end up talking about the past at some point, but you're right that it could come off really badly if she gets the impression he tracked her down.

I'd agree it's not really something for an opening message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom