• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Every girl on that site only go on for the attention. You could be big ugly weird looking they only come on for the attention from all the messages. You try to make covo with anyone they act like you should be brad pitt. Lololol sociallifefail.
Not a wonderful attitude to have my friend. Thinking like that won't do you any favors. It's easy to get discouraged and I'm sure there probably are people that are like that but: there are girls there that want to date. Sometimes it takes patience. Don't give up easily.

Every girl on that site only go on for the attention. You could be big ugly weird looking they only come on for the attention from all the messages. You try to make covo with anyone they act like you should be brad pitt. Lololol sociallifefail.

Of course women are there for attention - how can you expect to date someone if you can't get their attention? I'm sure plenty of girls just use it as an ego boost, but we're not all like that you know. Good banter is more important than good looks by the way.

ianp622

Generalized statements like this might help for a bruised ego, but saying that "every girl" is there for that has no basis in reality.

Of course women are there for attention - how can you expect to date someone if you can't get their attention? I'm sure plenty of girls just use it as an ego boost, but we're not all like that you know. Good banter is more important than good looks by the way.

Ehhhhhh... That seems to only work 30% of the time. Some people just aren't interested in banter.

It's fun though.

Not many actually. I would get more if my profile didn't say in a relationship. The shit I've seen other women get though, that gets reported? Holy shit. And since I owe gaf one here you go, I have yet to see anything top it since:

7pEB2.jpg

Holy. Shit.

What. The. Fuck.

The dude is in dire need of a straight jacket.

Was back and forth with a younger red head (<3) last week and didn't catch a reply for a couple of days, then yesterday I accidently clicked her profile as I didn't notice the profile pic

Anyway she replied yesterday after apologising for being late, etc...I don't want to reply to her straight away. I think a couple of days will be silly, think I should bite my pride and reply soon though.

How have you not been stabbed yet?

I'm not a Real, silly. I said on my profile that I was not a Real after explaining that I am a geek.

It's funny, though. There's a real life Civil War going on right now between Reals that just dress up for birthdays and stuff, and the ones (led by Dark Phoenix, naturally) that think they should be actually busting coke dealers heads open.

Dark Phoenix has been quoted as saying that, while helping the homeless get meals is a good thing, it's simply not what superheroes do.

Oh, and in Seattle, there's a guy proclaiming to be a supervillian Real, and his mission is to rid the city of Reals so the police can do their fucking job.

cdyhybrid

I know there was a guideline/ dos and don'ts post as far as making an OKCupid profile, but I can't seem to find it or remember where it was. Can anyone link it to me?

Oh, and in Seattle, there's a guy proclaiming to be a supervillian Real, and his mission is to rid the city of Reals so the police can do their fucking job.

Rex is the real hero.

I've offended someone with one of my joke messages and I feel really bad. I was just kidding around based on her profile but she really took offense to it. I apologized, but she didn't message back and I feel bad :(

Rex is the real hero.

I've offended someone with one of my joke messages and I feel really bad. I was just kidding around based on her profile but she really took offense to it. I apologized, but she didn't message back and I feel bad :(

Some girl stopped talking to me because I fucking got a Shakespeare character wrong.

Now, I love the shit out of Shakespeare, I'm a playwright myself, but shit. Come the fuck on.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm not a Real, silly. I said on my profile that I was not a Real after explaining that I am a geek.

It's funny, though. There's a real life Civil War going on right now between Reals that just dress up for birthdays and stuff, and the ones (led by Dark Phoenix, naturally) that think they should be actually busting coke dealers heads open.

Dark Phoenix has been quoted as saying that, while helping the homeless get meals is a good thing, it's simply not what superheroes do.

Please tell me this was just viral marketing for Chronicle or something. There is no way this shit is based anywhere in reality.

Zomba13

So yeah, went on a date yesterday with a girl I met on here a while ago (she was ill at the original time of the first date and has had exams the past week) and it went great. It was both of our first times actually meeting someone from the internet and she was worried while waiting for me thinking that I was already there and looked nothing like my pics.
She looked a lot cuter than in her pic but the pic was a pretty bad and boring one.
I'm really looking forward to seeing her again and she seems to feel the same way but she has end of college stuff next week and the week after a family reunion holiday thing but assures me after that she'll have plenty of free time.

I guess this site isn't too bad after all :D

Be very, very careful when making jokes at a girl's expense. That shit doesn't fly as well as it would between us guys.

element

i fucking hate the site, but i am still on there.

i matched me with a local radio host that i recognized and adore, so i sent her a mail. she replied back that she was weirded out that i knew who she was.

blah. stupid site. i should really just start drinking more.

i matched me with a local radio host that i recognized and adore, so i sent her a mail. she replied back that she was weirded out that i knew who she was.

You should message her back asking why she'd become a radio host if she didn't want anyone to know it was her.

Coming up on four months pretty soon with the girl I met on OKC. We spent Saturday together at her co-worker's place around a bonfire, and all her friends said we made such a cute couple. I'd post pics of her in the Post Your GF thread but I guess there are some sick fucks on GAF that jack off to that stuff according to the confessions thread.

Feeling good about this one. :)

noah111

Still Alive

Or weirded out that you adored her? :p Tell her what nottheguyyoukill said. Also, is her saying she's weirded out by you the main reason why you're hating on the site so much? Because it seems like it, lol.

If you were what she was looking for she'd be flattered you know who she is. Basically she's just trying to get rid of you. It's like single women saying they're seeing someone when they turn you down. Lies.

noah111

Still Alive
If you were what she was looking for she'd be flattered you know who she is. Basically she's just trying to get rid of you. It's like single women saying they're seeing someone when they turn you down. Lies.
I was going to say the same thing but I didn't want to break the mans heart. Damn acer.

I've sent a few females on that site a quote by George cantstandya (hi I'm George, im unemployed and live with my parents) and they have all replied back one of them got dirty as fuck.
It can be fun during a boring day at work.

Instead of "curvy" in body type descriptions, why don't they just put "fat as fuck?" I mean, really.

Nah. The descriptor should be "Jabba."

This girl periodically bugs me on this site. Well, she sent me another message. She should have gotten the memo that I am not interested in her when I didn't reply back to her second message. Hell, we only have a 15% match rating on the site.This time she called me perfect. I'm freaked out and will ignore her again.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I hate when I send a message to someone, a week goes by and I see that they looked at my page, then they never message back. Really hits your self-confidence. Not to mention I've had 2 whole conversations the entire time I've been on the site. Blah.

Need some advice.

Met someone new, she's very nice. We were very straight forward about what we wanted and managed to talk on the phone for about an hour - it was lovely. In fact, she said she felt a connection. But the odd thing is, we've been pretty fast (only started talking a few days ago). When she called, she asked if she could do so from a withheld number (reasonable). Since then, we've iM'd a few times on the site but I feel its backwards to keep iM'ing each other now that we've talked on the phone. We agreed that she'd me give her number when she's comfortable, but at the same time I don't want things to stale as I fear they might if we stick to iM'ing.

What to do?

Ultima_5

Need some advice.

Met someone new, she's very nice. We were very straight forward about what we wanted and managed to talk on the phone for about an hour - it was lovely. In fact, she said she felt a connection. But the odd thing is, we've been pretty fast (only started talking a few days ago). When she called, she asked if she could do so from a withheld number (reasonable). Since then, we've iM'd a few times on the site but I feel its backwards to keep iM'ing each other now that we've talked on the phone. We agreed that she'd me give her number when she's comfortable, but at the same time I don't want things to stale as I fear they might if we stick to iM'ing.

What to do?

Meet in person?

Meet in person?

She's a bit shy about that, naturally. Despite people signing up for the site, it doesn't necessarily mean they would be willing to meet up immediately. Some want to get comfortable with you first, that's why we agreed to start on the phone. But, again understandably, she doesn't want to give her phone number out just yet.

I hate when I send a message to someone, a week goes by and I see that they looked at my page, then they never message back. Really hits your self-confidence. Not to mention I've had 2 whole conversations the entire time I've been on the site. Blah.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Bah,

So the girl I was talking to, she originally had a few photos in her gallery; a couple of the face and one you'd describe as a 'sexy' photo. I login this morning and see she put that as her display photo. There I was wondering why she's not called since the first time. I guess she wants to test the waters a bit more and find a better catch for her. Just confused because before this she sent me an email of how she felt butterflies when she talked to me

hoos30

Bill-Buckner.JPG

The Bad: You may have blown a golden opportunity, bro. You actually "know" this girl's personality and you could have presented yourself in the way most ideally suited to attract her interest. You know she's a public figure...just don't come off as a creepy stalker guy....yeah, you did that.

The Good: She actually wrote you back to tell you she was weirded out, so there is still some hope. I'd take a shot at doing what that other guy said at least. throw some humor in there.

NYR

Bah,

So the girl I was talking to, she originally had a few photos in her gallery; a couple of the face and one you'd describe as a 'sexy' photo. I login this morning and see she put that as her display photo. There I was wondering why she's not called since the first time. I guess she wants to test the waters a bit more and find a better catch for her. Just confused because before this she sent me an email of how she felt butterflies when she talked to me

I find these sites are all about "here is my floor...lemme see what I can do better"...she has you on lock down, you are her safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom