• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoos30

Oh, oops. But yeah, those towels and products are kinda disgusting. I know that's what real people are like but yeesh, edit.

Also, am I the only one that goes straight to the photos first and then read the profile later?
Only a fool would read the profile before checking out the pictures. :)

okay, apparently this girl has real life friends, but still posted a bathroom pic with the whole CVS beauty product aisle as the border of the picture?

Erasus

Just wondering, is being blunt and straight forward in your profile come off as being an ass? For example, I said that I hate incompetence in people and that if someone acts like an idiot, I will most likely call them one.

"Acting like an idiot" is such a blanket statement. I read it and I have no fucking idéa what you mean

Docpan

Met someone from OKC last night at the bar and it went REALLY well. Not a cheap ONS...I kinda like her..
1) She's even hotter than her pics
2) Conversation wasn't even initially awkward, partly due to me showing up there buzzed already and not giving a fuck
3) We went to another bar and drank more
4) She's actually pretty fucking cool

When is it acceptable to text her again? This is someone that I actually potentially don't want to fuck things up with, and there's no way someone like this would be a cheap lay. She's a world traveler and makes a shitload of bank. My guess is the only reason a gem like this is on the site is because she's rarely in the area.

Unicorn

Man, I hate the whole "gotta wait to change your answers" because now I'm starting to see how some questions really are important to me, when I compare them to some of the answers supposed "high matches" put.

What's that, You don't think gay couples should raise children or that abortion should be an option? Then we aren't a good match.

Al-ibn Kermit

I've been on it for about a week, messaging a couple girls a day, and I never seem to get a conversation going past the first reply. Usually I try saying an interesting comment on a shared interest or a music/film recommendation if it looks like exactly what they would be looking for.

Most girls don't respond at all though.

They know exactly what it means.

All the "curvy" girls I see are actually just healthy looking. Not fat.

It also seems like I get paired with a ton of bisexual polyamorous girls but I guess that's because this is a college town.

Centurion

Banned
Met someone from OKC last night at the bar and it went REALLY well. Not a cheap ONS...I kinda like her..
1) She's even hotter than her pics
2) Conversation wasn't even initially awkward, partly due to me showing up there buzzed already and not giving a fuck
3) We went to another bar and drank more
4) She's actually pretty fucking cool

When is it acceptable to text her again? This is someone that I actually potentially don't want to fuck things up with, and there's no way someone like this would be a cheap lay. She's a world traveler and makes a shitload of bank. My guess is the only reason a gem like this is on the site is because she's rarely in the area.

there is no set rules. I always hated that 3 day bullshit that people copy off of swingers. Just don't constantly txt her or freak out if she doesn't reply instantly. If she is sporadic in her txts, do the same. Always hated it when someone pretended like they got it later, so I'd dish the same shit back.

And if you have nothing to txt, don't just txt for the sake of it.

So I had my first ever meet with a girl from the Internet yesterday afternoon. She was from POF and she cOntacted me first. Average looks I will admit, but she was fun to hang out with. We went for coffee and had Pretty good conversation and found quite a bit of common ground.

I just wanted to get over the hump, cause its slowed down for me on the girl front. I'm hoping this kickstarts things.

Darklord

Banned
Started chatting to a girl on POF. Cute, into the same music and hobbies as me. She's chatting back. Then I noticed...she is from another state. Why did you even show me her, POF?! You arsehole! I just assumed it was showing me all local people. I wanted to meet her this weekend.

Rad-

Have been around for about 6 months now. My experience on dates so far:

50% = fat or ugly.
20% = okay looking but super boring.
10% = super religious.
10% = slutty.
10% = gf material but they then reject me. :lol

dark_chris

i met one girl already on okcupid and got laid the first meet. o_O lol.
Second girl wants to come over, hang out and play some xbox. Woot?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Have been around for about 6 months now. My experience on dates so far:

50% = fat or ugly.
20% = okay looking but super boring.
10% = super religious.
10% = slutty.
10% = gf material but they then reject me. :lol

so you saw their photos and went on a date anyway?

bjb

Banned
so you saw their photos and went on a date anyway?

Oh please. There's so many women on there who post old, misleading, shopped, or even fake photographs.

My advice is to ask for a skype chat. Some may be creeped out by it, but it can help weed out girls like these.

LProtag

I'm not having too much luck. Seems like the people I end up talking with stop talking with me eventually.

The site keeps telling me 6 users find me attractive, that seems low, haha.

Wonder if I'll ever get a date at this point.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
man, you guys just need to go out, nah mean? ain't a pussy game, still can make friends and shit.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm not having too much luck. Seems like the people I end up talking with stop talking with me eventually.

The site keeps telling me 6 users find me attractive, that seems low, haha.

Wonder if I'll ever get a date at this point.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. I don't think too many people bother with the star ratings.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Oh please. There's so many women on there who post old, misleading, shopped, or even fake photographs.

My advice is to ask for a skype chat. Some may be creeped out by it, but it can help weed out girls like these.

You have a point.

LProtag

Man, it's weird when a girl messages you and you message back, then get nothing back.

It was only a few sentences about the same subject each way, that can't possibly be enough to put someone off.

Man, it's weird when a girl messages you and you message back, then get nothing back.

It was only a few sentences about the same subject each way, that can't possibly be enough to put someone off.
I feel like this advice keeps getting repeated (in fact, the whole thread could be summed up with this), but no one pays attention to it once an interaction actually starts:

Desirable women are flooded with messages. They're also out on dates. You might not have blown it as much as you were just forgotten. Don't put time and thought into these things. Be funny, be concise, and be cool until someone really bites.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
Out of curiosity, what match% are most of you messaging or being messaged by?
I'm wondering because within 25mi(with my ages preferences set from 19-24) of me there are about 20ish girls at around 90%+ match with me but then probably hundreds more in the 80's so I'm not sure where to start at..

Unicorn

Out of curiosity, what match% are most of you messaging or being messaged by?
I'm wondering because within 25mi(with my ages preferences set from 19-24) of me there are about 20ish girls at around 90%+ match with me but then probably hundreds more in the 80's so I'm not sure where to start at..
I spent a lot of time today redoing questions to make sure to weed out the jesus freaks, homophobes, and prolife-ers.

30 mins ago I had a 95% match visit me, she's all for religion, against abortions, and generally answered the opposite to all my core questions. WTF happened?

mj1108

I'm thoroughly convinced that these online dating site are setup to attract the fat chicks and the bible-thumping-Jesus-freaks.

UFRA

How to spot a really insecure girl is to find skinny ones that label themselves as curvy!

lol yup.

Then there's the ones in denial who list themselves as "about average" when they're clearly overweight.

Then again, in the US "about average" could be considered overweight...

zing!

Pachimari

My gf showed me her OKC, and wowza she got more than 500 messages and so many of those guys seem so desperate and creepy... Yuck. And while she got that many, I got 3 when I last checked haha.

Also when she were riding me, someone from OKC called her - that was a freaking weird and awkward moment to me. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom