• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
England Sphinx, crazy I know, she decided to look around London as she's got family there and she come across my profile when it said on-line and said hi as it matched from our personality questions. We just talked off the bat and we both hardly went on the site and it was just crazy timing. We both can handle long distance relationships as we've done it before (I did with my first lover) and video skype is great talking live and I've got good resources, and same for her, to meet each other at her place or in the UK. Her family are very well off so it makes things easy for her. We both got a lot in common since we value good traditional values in things like family and very active for the outdoors, and our tastes are a lot in common. It's bloody crazy I tell you but I have no doubt in my being that it can easily work and it's only getting better from here.

Great Story :) Congratulations.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Great Story :) Congratulations.

Thanks man. It's nice knowing that I can feel for someone much again after the pain I come out of a long term relationship 8 months ago and felt like I wouldn't find someone that I would click well with so much. After this week of come across her and just talking for ages and how comfortably we talk to each other, laughing, seeing her pets and saying hi to her mum, it's like we've known each other for ages. I hope others here get the same experience because there is more than one person out there for them in their life times, no matter where in the world or if they are rich or poor. Being human and experiencing life in these situations that make you feel happy is the best thing to happen in the universe :)

gazele

Banned
Thanks man. It's nice knowing that I can feel for someone much again after the pain I come out of a long term relationship 8 months ago and felt like I wouldn't find someone that I would click well with so much. After this week of come across her and just talking for ages and how comfortably we talk to each other, laughing, seeing her pets and saying hi to her mum, it's like we've known each other for ages. I hope others here get the same experience because there is more than one person out there for them in their life times, no matter where in the world or if they are rich or poor. Being human and experiencing life in these situations that make you feel happy is the best thing to happen in the universe :)

Congrats dude! I'm in the same boat, its been tough since my last relationship ended, but this new girl is amazing.

It may take time people but you will find someone.

Ashodin

Uplifting. I love it!

Unicorn

Good for you man!

Wtf is that? How do they determine that? Kinda creeps me out..
no, it's not a stealth brag

wtf.PNG

zlatko

Banned
That message right there is seriously...fucked up. So the site is TRYING to get super hotties with super hotties? Haha wow.

Either way I disabled my OKC for now. Had my first date with a girl, it went amazing... let's just say we missed the fireworks show. ;)

Not 100% sure how it will pan out from here mostly because she is slightly getting around by going on dates with people on OKC. As in earlier in the week she went on one with another guy. Sort of makes me jealous, and a little ugh about it that I have to compete for her attention. I mean I'll try for 1-2 weeksish to see if I can get her off OKC and focusing on me, but if not it'll just have to be a friends only thing unfortunately.

Still an amazing last night though. :D

Prologue

That message right there is seriously...fucked up. So the site is TRYING to get super hotties with super hotties? Haha wow.

Either way I disabled my OKC for now. Had my first date with a girl, it went amazing... let's just say we missed the fireworks show. ;)

Not 100% sure how it will pan out from here mostly because she is slightly getting around by going on dates with people on OKC. As in earlier in the week she went on one with another guy. Sort of makes me jealous, and a little ugh about it that I have to compete for her attention. I mean I'll try for 1-2 weeksish to see if I can get her off OKC and focusing on me, but if not it'll just have to be a friends only thing unfortunately.

Still an amazing last night though. :D

If she's still going on dates (and rightfully so), why have you disable your account? Keep putting your self out there

zlatko

Banned
If she's still going on dates (and rightfully so), why have you disable your account? Keep putting your self out there

I'm genuinely interested in her, so I'd rather see how it pans out with me and her before I go checking out other lady situations. Plus, the last week I haven't really found anyone on there or vice versa that I wanted to message. The results keep coming up with the same pool of women, or ones that I have no interest in.

I figure in a week or two if nothing pans out here, then I'll restart it and maybe try more on POF too.

No biggy. I'm in no major rush to head into a relationship with anyone, and I find I suck at juggling women as it is so yeah.

Desperado

Here's my profile (open to public):
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/stardustsounds

Advice and suggestions for changes are very welcome. I get responses in messages about 10% of the time, but it has never lead to dates. I usually lead off with a funny comment about something on their profile, try to inject my personality into the message, and always ask at least one question. I know 5'5" and vegan probably puts some of them off, but whatever. I guess I just have to keep trying, right?

How long are the initial messages you guys usually send? Mine are generally 5-8 sentences. Should I be writing more?

Jhoan

Here's my profile (open to public):
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/stardustsounds

Advice and suggestions for changes are very welcome. I get responses in messages about 10% of the time, but it has never lead to dates. I usually lead off with a funny comment about something on their profile, try to inject my personality into the message, and always ask at least one question. I know 5'5" and vegan probably puts some of them off, but whatever. I guess I just have to keep trying, right?

How long are the initial messages you guys usually send? Mine are generally 5-8 sentences. Should I be writing more?

I'm automatically put off by a profile that says Vegetarian or "Mostly Vegetarian" myself unless the chick says that she consumes some meat. Obviously, it's because I know things wouldn't work out with the whole meat issue being prevalent. That said, your height and the fact that you're a vegetarian shouldn't discourage you from hitting chicks up; there should be plenty of Vegetarians out there. Just last night, I saw 3-4 profiles that said Vegetarian.

Any way to answer your question, it's completely subjective because some Gaffers send out extremely long and complex messages and get a reply back (ianp comes to mind). Whereas other Gaffers send a completely bold/random 1-2 sentence message and get and get a reply back (.GqueB and Ryaaaan14 come to mind). Mines are typically 2-3 sentences; a question about something that a chick mentions in her profile. Unfortunately despite my profile being up for about 2 weeks, I haven't gotten any messages or a replies back myself. I did get rated 4 stars by a chick, but I saw that she smokes which is a massive turn off for me; the smell of cigarettes and or/weed repulses me.

Honestly though I'm conflicted about that because last night, I read a chick's profile that sounded like she was a genuinely a cool person but saw that she does drugs often (weed) and drinks often; I don't do drugs and I only drink socially. Ultimately, I decided not to send her a message as a result because I keep picturing my reaction to the stench.

Since it was overlooked in the last page, here's my profile link again (although I could've sworn a male Gaffer visited my page but hasn't said anything): http://www.okcupid.com/profile/heightsartist

Nos_G

I originally signed up for okcupid for the personality tests. I believe a gaffer linked it back in the day. I kind of regret using my GAF username now, but that is water under the bridge.

I usually check out my matches whenever I get the email, but have never really done anything with my profile until recently.

I'm going to drop my profile, in hopes that I can get some feedback on how to improve it.

Also, drop me a line :p

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Nos_G

Ashodin

I'm automatically put off by a profile that says Vegetarian or "Mostly Vegetarian" myself unless the chick says that she consumes some meat. Obviously, it's because I know things wouldn't work out with the whole meat issue being prevalent. That said, your height and the fact that you're a vegetarian shouldn't discourage you from hitting chicks up; there should be plenty of Vegetarians out there. Just last night, I saw 3-4 profiles that said Vegetarian.

Any way to answer your question, it's completely subjective because some Gaffers send out extremely long and complex messages and get a reply back (ianp comes to mind). Whereas other Gaffers send a completely bold/random 1-2 sentence message and get and get a reply back (.GqueB and Ryaaaan14 come to mind). Mines are typically 2-3 sentences; a question about something that a chick mentions in her profile. Unfortunately despite my profile being up for about 2 weeks, I haven't gotten any messages or a replies back myself. I did get rated 4 stars by a chick, but I saw that she smokes which is a massive turn off for me; the smell of cigarettes and or/weed repulses me.

Honestly though I'm conflicted about that because last night, I read a chick's profile that sounded like she was a genuinely a cool person but saw that she does drugs often (weed) and drinks often; I don't do drugs and I only drink socially. Ultimately, I decided not to send her a message as a result because I keep picturing my reaction to the stench.

Since it was overlooked in the last page, here's my profile link again (although I could've sworn a male Gaffer visited my page but hasn't said anything): http://www.okcupid.com/profile/heightsartist

Just to let you know I'm checking out your page brah.

I've had a couple girls message me, but this one really cute black nerdy girl has started to talk to me. It's pretty cool. She's totally into anime and manga so that will be fun.

I've messaged over 30 women (!) on the site but I have only had a couple message me back. I've sent not overly long interesting messages about their interests and mine; the problem I keep having is I find a lot of women around here are more religious than not, and I think that's a big turn off for them when they view my profile. I've had more profile views than messages, sadly.

It really sucks.

Man, I hate it when it comes to that point where you find that one girl out of all the ones you're talking to and you want her to be THAT person. First date is coming up and now I'm nervous as shit, even though I wasn't with the other ones. Don't wanna mess this one up haha.

Jhoan

Just to let you know I'm checking out your page brah.

I've had a couple girls message me, but this one really cute black nerdy girl has started to talk to me. It's pretty cool. She's totally into anime and manga so that will be fun.

I've messaged over 30 women (!) on the site but I have only had a couple message me back. I've sent not overly long interesting messages about their interests and mine; the problem I keep having is I find a lot of women around here are more religious than not, and I think that's a big turn off for them when they view my profile. I've had more profile views than messages, sadly.

It really sucks.

Cool, thanks. Where are you at? Since I'm based in New York you can probably guess that many women aren't too religious here. Do you send messages to women that check your profile out (besides the ones that are religious)? This question goes out to everyone by the way; I'm curious to hear some thoughts about it.

Admittedly, I'm embarrassed and afraid to check who's viewed my profile because it means that they probably didn't find anything interesting (or maybe they want me to check their profile but not send me a message). It's kind of similar to how I'll catch a woman making eye contact with me (or check me out) and I'll look away after 1.5 seconds. It's a weird thing to have and it's something I need to get rid of; I suppose it's because it feels like I'm being scrutinized.

EDIT:^^OriginofHysteria, good luck man. It's perfectly normal to be nervous about the first date; hell, she's probably nervous too because of she wants to impress you too. But don't sweat it; take a nice deep breath and be cool about it. I'm sure everything's going to be fine; if she's extremely attractive, don't put her looks on a pedestal and don't let it bother you. Remember to be yourself, chill out, have a good time to the point where both are you comfortable with each other, and use light kino (PUA lingo for touch in case you don't know) as an excuse to touch her (e.g. grab her hand to look at her ring, touch her shoulder to make a point, etc.). But I shouldn't have to tell you this since you already know.

Ashodin

Cool, thanks. Where are you at? Since I'm based in New York you can probably guess that many women aren't too religious here. Do you send messages to women that check your profile out (besides the ones that are religious)? This question goes out to everyone by the way; I'm curious to hear some thoughts about it.

Admittedly, I'm embarrassed and afraid to check who's viewed my profile because it means that they probably didn't find anything interesting (or maybe they want me to check their profile but not send me a message). It's kind of similar to how I'll catch a woman making eye contact with me (or check me out) and I'll look away after 1.5 seconds. It's a weird thing to have and it's something I need to get rid of; I suppose it's because it feels like I'm being scrutinized.

EDIT:^^OriginofHysteria, good luck man. It's perfectly normal to be nervous about the first date; hell, she's probably nervous too because of the pressure to want to impress you too. But don't sweat it; take a nice deep breath and be cool about it. I'm sure everything's going to be fine; if she's extremely attractive, don't put her looks on a pedestal and don't let it bother you. Remember to be yourself, chill out, have a good time to the point where both are you comfortable with each other, and use light kino (PUA lingo for touch in case you don't know).

East Coast VA. It's not as bad as I say it is, just that I have very different views on certain things (a lot of my questions seem to get more negative matches than positive). So it's kind of an uphill thing. Do I send messages to the women who check me out? Well, right now it's mostly been the ones I've checked out and messaged that have looked at me (without any response, wtf?); but yeah if I see someone new looking at me, I will look at their profile, check their habits and interests, and see if I can fit into that, and then maybe send a message. There are a couple girls I have sent messages that do things outside of my comfort zone.

I'm not afraid to check the visitors - if women have looked at you chances are that they're interested in the first place to click on you. How interested is the question.

I'm wondering if it's because it's the weekend that the messages I've fired off haven't come back to me.

When women look at you man, they are snap-analyzing you, for sure, as much as any male snap-analyzes a woman by her overall looks. Eyes are the biggest thing for a woman - if you can look directly back at her and smile, then she will see confidence immediately. It doesn't have be a leering sort of thing - just return the eyelock and smile softly. It'll let her know that you appreciate her looking at you. :)

I would have to agree that soft touches actually arouse a woman. You're not afraid to lightly caress her (which will spark her imagination to greater things).

EDIT:^^OriginofHysteria, good luck man. It's perfectly normal to be nervous about the first date; hell, she's probably nervous too because of she wants to impress you too. But don't sweat it; take a nice deep breath and be cool about it. I'm sure everything's going to be fine; if she's extremely attractive, don't put her looks on a pedestal and don't let it bother you. Remember to be yourself, chill out, have a good time to the point where both are you comfortable with each other, and use light kino (PUA lingo for touch in case you don't know) as an excuse to touch her (e.g. grab her hand to look at her ring, touch her shoulder to make a point, etc.). But I shouldn't have to tell you this since you already know.

Haha thanks for the tips man, it was much appreciated. I think that being myself is probably the most important thing and just not to over-think it before hand because over-thinking is exactly what I'm doing now haha, but I still have a few days before it happens. I mean we've literally been messaging and texting each other novels and at this point I'm surprised we haven't run out of anything to talk about! The whole subtle touching thing is something that I haven't done on any dates with other girls in the past and while I did hear it is something good to do, I always overlook it. I've always been one to go out for the arm around the shoulder or the hand holding but maybe I can try that as well.

Ashodin

Haha thanks for the tips man, it was much appreciated. I think that being myself is probably the most important thing and just not to over-think it before hand because over-thinking is exactly what I'm doing now haha, but I still have a few days before it happens. I mean we've literally been messaging and texting each other novels and at this point I'm surprised we haven't run out of anything to talk about! The whole subtle touching thing is something that I haven't done on any dates with other girls in the past and while I did hear it is something good to do, I always overlook it. I've always been one to go out for the arm around the shoulder or the hand holding but maybe I can try that as well.

If you've both been novelizing each other, I'm sure you're probably at the point where holding hands might be comfortable. I'd say, do it right before you part, to make the connection, or depending on where you go, offer your hand to her to help her out of the car, a chair, or something like that.

If you've both been novelizing each other, I'm sure you're probably at the point where holding hands might be comfortable. I'd say, do it right before you part, to make the connection, or depending on where you go, offer your hand to her to help her out of the car, a chair, or something like that.

Haha I was actually thinking about doing it out of the car, but since we're both meeting up at the first place I'm going to have to convince her to have me give her a ride to the second place. But if that doesn't work, I can always help her up out of the chair after dinner.

Ashodin

Haha I was actually thinking about doing it out of the car, but since we're both meeting up at the first place I'm going to have to convince her to have me give her a ride to the second place. But if that doesn't work, I can always help her up out of the chair after dinner.

Good ideas, man. I applaud!

Fëanor

Totally checked out your profile my man. Latino, fuck yeah.

I think I have sent messages to about 25 different girls, and out of those 5 replied back. I did a greet and meet with one and went to see Moonrise Kingdom with her, it was fun stuff. Planning to do some other stuff once the heat wave comes down a bit.

Planning another meet and greet with this other girl sometime next week, she seems pretty cool so far, so we'll see how that goes. The other three are kind of work in progress, but I'm not expecting much. Been trying to find some latinas that may like the same stuff I like, but no luck so far.

I live in middle TN, I wonder if my hispanic background kind of puts off girls.

Ashodin

Fëanor;39619507 said:

I think I have sent messages to about 25 different girls, and out of those 5 replied back. I did a greet and meet with one and went to see Moonrise Kingdom with her, it was fun stuff. Planning to do some other stuff once the heat wave comes down a bit.

Planning another meet and greet with this other girl sometime next week, she seems pretty cool so far, so we'll see how that goes. The other three are kind of work in progress, but I'm not expecting much. Been trying to find some latinas that may like the same stuff I like, but no luck so far.

Middle TN? whereabouts?

I've been near there.

Jhoan

Fëanor;39619507 said:

I wonder what gave it away (I think I know what). What'd you think?. Really!? There are Hispanics that live in TN!? My mind is blown! We totally need to make a new Hispanic GAF thread; I have a few ideas kicking around in my head. Any way, what ethnicity?

It varies by women because some white women find Hispanics/Blacks to be exotic. As a result, they're curious about dating a person of color. A lot of women that I've been matched up with are white, but it's pretty hard to hit them up without getting a reply back. I suppose it's because they want to date someone who's in the same socioeconomic status as them.

Plenty of white women's profiles that I've looked at say they went to NYU, hold a Master's Degree, or are a working professional none of which I'm not and don't have so I can imagine why it might be hard to find someone; it's pretty intimidating. But don't get discouraged; there's bound to be women in TN that are into Hispanics. At least you got a few replies and you're progressing with them.

Ashodin

I wonder what gave it away (I think I know what). What'd you think?. Really!? There are Hispanics that live in TN!? My mind is blown! We totally need to make a new Hispanic GAF thread; I have a few ideas kicking around in my head. Any way, what ethnicity?

It varies by women because some white women find Hispanics/Blacks to be exotic. As a result, they're curious about dating a person of color. A lot of women that I've been matched up with are white, but it's pretty hard to hit them up without getting a reply back. I suppose it's because they want to date someone who's in the same socioeconomic status as them.

Plenty of white women's profiles that I've looked at say they went to NYU, hold a Master's Degree, or are a working professional none of which I'm not and don't have so I can imagine why it might be hard to find someone; it's pretty intimidating. But don't get discouraged; there's bound to be women in TN that are into Hispanics. At least you got a few replies and you're progressing with them.

Socioeconomic status is huge to women: If you're not trying to better yourself or take over the world, they won't have time for you.

Some women don't give a fuck though, and just want to be loved. Those are the type of women you need to go after.

There's this girl on mine who is insanely crazy a match; she just has INCREDIBLY HIGH standards and is a feminist to boot. I remarked to myself, goddamn, you're beautiful honey, but holy fuck are you rigid as hell. You're always going to be the aloof bitchy (not intentionally) beautiful girl that will be alone. I feel kind of sorry for her.

Nos_G

Whoo, gaffers on my profile visit list!

Ugh, I just realized that my photos go from fully covered to just my workout pants.

I stink at being self descriptive so my profile needs some work, one of these days maybe i will finish it. haha.

Jhoan

Socioeconomic status is huge to women: If you're not trying to better yourself or take over the world, they won't have time for you.

Some women don't give a fuck though, and just want to be loved. Those are the type of women you need to go after.

There's this girl on mine who is insanely crazy a match; she just has INCREDIBLY HIGH standards and is a feminist to boot. I remarked to myself, goddamn, you're beautiful honey, but holy fuck are you rigid as hell. You're always going to be the aloof bitchy (not intentionally) beautiful girl that will be alone. I feel kind of sorry for her.

That's definitely true. Women value that above all but sometimes the expectations are a bit too unrealistic. That's why it's nice when women understand that a guy who's a student is working on doing just that; it doesn't make a guy poor by any means. Especially in this day and age, it's pretty tough to get a job, but as long a guy paints it in a positive way, it doesn't matter.

Of course it's kind of hard to find women that are blind to that stuff, but they most certainly are out there. It's just a matter of digging through the dirt to find the diamonds in the rough. It's hard to get a that from reading a woman's profile, but thankfully, when women specify what kind of guy they want (e.g. Jewish guys only), it makes things easier. That's why people can't have ridiculously high standards of wanting to find the ideal person; it doesn't exist. All it's going to do create an illusion, intimidate people right off the bat, and ostracize the person who holds such standards.

zlatko

Banned
So semi update on my situation.

I had disabled the account for only 1 day, then said fuck it, GAF hasn't lead me wrong yet, so I put it back up to continue messaging ladies.

Now the girl I had went on a date with on the 4th, like I mentioned I'm interested in and would like to pursue. I tend to know what I want and focus efforts when I find a girl I click with. However, as I said she is going on dates with another guy. She even mentioned, "he's probably just looking for sex," and "but he's so good looking." That combination of comments is what made me reopen the OKC a day later to keep on fishing. At this point I'm 90% sure she has slept with the other guy during their date yesterday lol. Maybe I'm old school, or whatever, but I feel that if I'm interested in someone and vice versa, than I should be the only guy she's attempting to go past first base with. It's one thing if she was out on dates, and it was kissing going on, but it's hard for me to feel valued if another guy is getting it on with her.

Am I in the wrong here?

Either way I have a date this Tuesday with a different girl. Shitty thing is she lives 50 miles away so I got to drive an hour. Based off pics though she is cuter than girl #1, but then again girl #1 seemed cuter in her pics than the reality of the situation. She was still good looking, but yeah. Girl #2 date will involve getting ice cream/yogurt, walking around talking, then she wants me to come to her apartment to watch a movie under a blankey. She also is more like myself when it comes to sex on the first date/not wanting to use OKC just for booty. Similar experiences in dating as well.

Anywho, at this point I'm messaging about 3-5 girls a day if I can and hoping for the best.

Persistence has to pay off at some point right GAF? :(

PG2G

Damn, I shouldn't have filled out and surfed OkCupid while buzzed. Though, I am pretty entertained right now :)

gazele

Banned

I had disabled the account for only 1 day, then said fuck it, GAF hasn't lead me wrong yet, so I put it back up to continue messaging ladies.

Now the girl I had went on a date with on the 4th, like I mentioned I'm interested in and would like to pursue. I tend to know what I want and focus efforts when I find a girl I click with. However, as I said she is going on dates with another guy. She even mentioned, "he's probably just looking for sex," and "but he's so good looking." That combination of comments is what made me reopen the OKC a day later to keep on fishing. At this point I'm 90% sure she has slept with the other guy during their date yesterday lol. Maybe I'm old school, or whatever, but I feel that if I'm interested in someone and vice versa, than I should be the only guy she's attempting to go past first base with. It's one thing if she was out on dates, and it was kissing going on, but it's hard for me to feel valued if another guy is getting it on with her.

Am I in the wrong here?

Either way I have a date this Tuesday with a different girl. Shitty thing is she lives 50 miles away so I got to drive an hour. Based off pics though she is cuter than girl #1, but then again girl #1 seemed cuter in her pics than the reality of the situation. She was still good looking, but yeah. Girl #2 date will involve getting ice cream/yogurt, walking around talking, then she wants me to come to her apartment to watch a movie under a blankey. She also is more like myself when it comes to sex on the first date/not wanting to use OKC just for booty. Similar experiences in dating as well.

Anywho, at this point I'm messaging about 3-5 girls a day if I can and hoping for the best.

Persistence has to pay off at some point right GAF? :(

That sucks, but I wouldn't dwell on if she hooked up with that guy, if she did then you guys are looking for different things and it probably wouldn't have worked out too well, and if not she'll probably text you about how bad it was.

Good luck with this new girl and yes, persistence is the name of the game, I've been doing this since January and just now found a girl, I also deleted POF with her looking on, she liked that a lot haha

Fëanor

Yes, it is true there are lots of latinos here in TN. I'm from Mexico, born and raised. I have seen people from Peru, Republica Dominicana, Puerto Rico, Argentina and the vast majority from Mexico.

The bolded part is true, my previous exgf was white and she didn't care much about money, but sadly her parents weren't too open minded. It is also true that what you say about some white women finding us exotic.

I have definitely felt intimidated by some of the girls that I have found to be great matches, but doesn't stop me from sending messages! muahahaha!

Puckmarin

Banned
I'll post my OKCupid success story here, originally posted in the "Show off your wife..." thread:

I met my wife about a year ago via OKCupid. In fact the date of our first "contact" was 7/5/2011. Anyway, we dated for about three months until mid-September when she very suddenly broke up with me to date an ex. She explained that she felt that relationship was "unfinished," etc...

She's awesome so I decided to remain friends with her. Plus, I knew that the relationship with the ex wouldn't last so I'd be around to pick up the pieces. We talked everyday and ended up becoming best friends. We'd hang out on occasion but everything was platonic, even though things weren't going well with her and the ex.

During this time we had a running joke about my having to marry for tax purposes. I said it was either going to be her or a Russian bride.

On the Tuesday before Christmas we were talking on the phone (she had just had a fight with the guy she was dating and the writing was on the wall that she was done with that relationship) and at the end of the conversation she said to me "One day really soon we're going to have to talk about how serious you are about that marriage thing" and then she hung up the phone. The next day we IMed while we were both working (she's a teacher) and it was a very awkward conversation because she made it clear that:

1) She was very serious
2) I couldn't ask her via IM or phone

and I made it very clear that:

1) I couldn't ask her at all until she dumped the dude.

So, she broke up with the dude that night and we met up for dinner the next day where we proceeded to propose to each other over a basket of sweet potato fries (how romantic?). Evidently she had been thinking about marrying me for several weeks and had talked to a couple of friends and her mom about it. All of them supported the decision, even her mom who had never met me and had only heard about me through her.

We went ring shopping the next day and decided to get married right after Christmas. We wanted to do it in Maryland but couldn't because they have a waiting period after you apply for a marriage license. We ended up getting married in Michigan, where her family lives.

She met my family for the first time on Christmas Day and I met her family for the first time the day after Christmas.

I literally left my office the Thursday before Christmas totally single - not dating anyone, etc... and came back week later married. Everyone was shocked, even though everyone knew I had been totally heartsick over this girl since she broke up with me.

So yeah, it was a spur of the moment thing but it's been great. We bought and settled on a house less than two months after getting married as well.

One other thing. Her parents are separated and while she's close with her dad she's not *that* close so she didn't tell him we were dating when we were actually dating. She just told him she was going to marry me and his response was "Who the fuck is this guy?" So meeting him was awkward but he came around very quickly. It probably helps that he's engaged to someone younger than my wife (his daughter). :)

Sorry man but if she said that during YOUR date then I would let her go. Its not worth it especially if she's making it clear that she is having multiple suitors at the moment. I mean if you get her at the end of all this, then obviously good for you, but there are plenty of other better girls out there that wont toy around with you like that.

zlatko

Banned
That sucks, but I wouldn't dwell on if she hooked up with that guy, if she did then you guys are looking for different things and it probably wouldn't have worked out too well, and if not she'll probably text you about how bad it was.

Good luck with this new girl and yes, persistence is the name of the game, I've been doing this since January and just now found a girl, I also deleted POF with her looking on, she liked that a lot haha

Haha yeah no texts today, and I saw she visited my OKC profile at midnight last night, but I went to bed a little before that, so it's safe to say she didn't get back until then. It does suck just because I have a 90% relationship match and like 80% some friendship match with her, and it totally shows in when we hung out on the date.

I'll keep on grinding though. I'm using both POF and OKC at this point. Absolutely, NO messages back or to me on POF though, and it's scary how many of the women it finds are not attractive. A good comparison would be like facebook(OKC) vs myspace(POF)...although these days fbook is starting to get to myspace levels of dumb. :p

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So I finally took the dive and signed up for okc the other night. I've had a few guys message me. I've hit it off with a few and even exchanged numbers with them.

But that's as far as I've gone and I'm not sure why. Whether I'm still hung up on my ex (horrible breakup) or if I'm waiting to see if there's something with a guy I've been hanging out with.

I've never used a dating website before so it just seems really foreign to me :/

So I finally took the dive and signed up for okc the other night. I've had a few guys message me. I've hit it off with a few and even exchanged numbers with them.

But that's as far as I've gone and I'm not sure why. Whether I'm still hung up on my ex (horrible breakup) or if I'm waiting to see if there's something with a guy I've been hanging out with.

I've never used a dating website before so it just seems really foreign to me :/

It's just like finding friends via Facebook...except you don't actually know the people :p

Jhoan

Fëanor;39621413 said:
Yes, it is true there are lots of latinos here in TN. I'm from Mexico, born and raised. I have seen people from Peru, Republica Dominicana, Puerto Rico, Argentina and the vast majority from Mexico.

The bolded part is true, my previous exgf was white and she didn't care much about money, but sadly her parents weren't too open minded. It is also true that what you say about some white women finding us exotic.

I have definitely felt intimidated by some of the girls that I have found to be great matches, but doesn't stop me from sending messages! muahahaha!

I see. That's really fascinating to know. My brother's girlfriend is Russian and Ukrainian; they have an infant daughter together. His ex girlfriend was Russian. Occasionally they argue about her making more money than him (she's a CPA who works for an accounting firm) (he has a Bachelor's in Economics; works in Retail; is going for a second Bachelor's in Accounting) which leads to problems, but that chick loves him, and he loves her otherwise. Her mother accepted him; I even think she loves him more than her own daughter.

But damn, that sucks that her parents weren't too accepting of that; at least she was blind to socioeconomic status. I might be biased, but I think it's because Tennessee itself is a fairly conservative state unlike New York where almost everyone and their mother is a liberal.

Even if traditionally conservative parents aren't too accepting, I think that shouldn't stop a man of color from wanting to be with a Caucasian woman let alone an Asian woman and whatnot. The reality is that interracial dating is here to stay as it's becoming increasingly more common across the U.S.

That's pretty damn good that that hasn't stopped you; no woman should ever be too intimidating to guys unless she has some crazy high standards. I think a lot of women on OKC and even other online dating websites like to uplay themselves a little bit too much, so I take some of the information that have on their profile with a grain of salt.

EDIT: zlatko, I've been rooting for you from the lurking sidelines. You can definitely do it man. I've seen on the gaming side a lot so it's fascinating to see you here. Best of luck on
that date.

EDIT 2: For those of you that looked at my profile, is there anything that you think needs work (e.g. better pictures, information, etc.)?

Fëanor

I see. That's really fascinating to know. My brother's girlfriend is Russian and Ukrainian; they have an infant daughter together. His ex girlfriend was Russian. Occasionally they argue about her making more money than him (she's a CPA who works for an accounting firm) (he has a Bachelor's in Economics; works in Retail; is going for a second Bachelor's in Accounting) which leads to problems, but that chick loves him, and he loves her otherwise. Her mother accepted him; I even think she loves him more than her own daughter.

But damn, that sucks that her parents weren't too accepting of that; at least she was blind to socioeconomic status. I might be biased, but I think it's because Tennessee itself is a fairly conservative state unlike New York where almost everyone and their mother is a liberal.

Even if traditionally conservative parents aren't too accepting, I think that shouldn't stop a man of color from wanting to be with a Caucasian woman let alone an Asian woman and whatnot. The reality is that interracial dating is here to stay as it's becoming increasingly more common across the U.S.

That's pretty damn good that that hasn't stopped you; no woman should ever be too intimidating to guys unless she has some crazy high standards. I think a lot of women on OKC and even other online dating websites like to uplay themselves a little bit too much, so I take some of the information that have on their profile with a grain of salt.

You know I'm not against dating our fine latinas, but fuck man the ones I have met barely like any of the stuff I like. Then I start listing the stuff I like and they look at me like I'm some traitor to the latino cause or something like that.

Nice about your brother, had a Ukrainian classmate during highschool she was so fine. Easter European women are so damn fine. Going a bit livejournal here, the thing with her parents was that they didn't want her to date outside of her color of skin/religion, but my exgf did it anyways. We dated since 2006 and she ended the relationship 2 months ago. It came down to her parents threatening to disown her and all that non sense, even her brothers took the parents side and the bastards are dating minorities argh!!! Oh yes, her parents always hated the fact that she was dating a non religious person hahaha.

I message them because they don't know me and I don't know them, and besides you never know when you might strike gold even if they are kind of intimidating. Oh yeah, I got one girl to reply because she likes Mexican food hahaha. Food is the way to their hearts!

Kipe

Get rid of blurry pictures and post some clearer pictures. Remove air in things you could do without. Maybe add another picture where you're doing something that's not art-related. Other than that your profile seems alright. I would recommend changes if I knew how you were doing and were dissatisfied with your results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom