• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

ZLATKO

IM DONE MAN. IM FUCKING DONE.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Girl #3. The Homebody Girl. She finally noticed that I sent her my phone number. I had sent it a while back but she must have missed it. I don't care, she's fucking amazing.

Jesus Christ if I was a religious man I'd be thanking God or something like that for blessing me, but I know it was all me doing the work, and I'm fucking proud of my goddamn self.

She texted me last night while I was out, and I responded to her at work. This got us to talking, ALL NIGHT, ALL NIGHT WHILE I WAS WORKING, about everything we share in common.

And it's fucking EVERYTHING. Literally. I would name off things I liked. She loved them. She would name off things she was obsessed with. I was obsessed with them too.

She would explain how giddy she gets as a nerd when awesome stuff happens. THIS IS HOW I REACT TOO. WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

She remarks halfway through the conversation "Wow. It sounds like we'd be really good together." And I press the issue that I have the day off. Remember yesterday when I asked her and she was busy? Now she's willing to have coffee, and more importantly, most likely, bring me back to her house where we will watch all manner of TV shows and talk and talk and talk....

I'm fucking in love. Really I am.

THANK YOU OKCUPID

THAT SHIT WORKS. SERIOUSLY.

zlatko

Banned
Great news but just don't blow your load too soon. Girls hate clingy guys and if you come off love struck it might be a turn off. Keep it cool.

Seconded.

Then you find yourself alone in your room listening to Adam's Song by Blink 182 on repeat as you use your tears for lubricant to masturbate to her pics on OKC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God, I just saw this thread for the first time and all I gotta say is god damn is zlatko a handsome looking man!

:3

Love all the way from Sweden

zlatko

Banned
Oh my God, I just saw this thread for the first time and all I gotta say is god damn is zlatko a handsome looking man!

:3

Love all the way from Sweden

This is where the most undercore of undercore GAF gathers. ;)

Love all the way from America back atcha! Does OKC work for your country too Yoshi? You should try to find your rage co-partner in crime! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm in no need for (more) women right now :3

zlatko

Banned

Yoshi confirmed mack daddy?

So girl #3 is totally out. Haven't heard shit from her. No biggy.

Girl #2 we set up a date for Friday. Crossing my fingers it pans out. Talked to her yesterday a lot, and exchanged a few texts today too. So as far as I can tell it's sitting in a good spot, but if Friday falls through, then I'll have to give up.

Girl #1 I'm just friend zoning. The other guy she was going on dates with from OKC turns out she's the one who's had to ask him out to this dates, and he hasn't asked her at all. So I can tell she's super into him since she's chasing him. Plus, yesterday she wanted to hang out with him, but he didn't respond to her in 5 hours time, and when he did said he was going to the gym instead. So I just don't think she wants to pursue anything with me, even though I've been fuck awesome. Sucks since when we talk it's great conversation, and all that, but if she isn't going to put any effort towards me then we can just be buddies on facebook who talk here and there.

LProtag

So yeah, the only date I went on was kinda a boring flop.

I don't think the girl I'm super interested in will message me back again as the last response was a week ago, but then again it took her a week or so to get back to another one of my messages. If she does I'm asking her on a date for sure.

The vast majority of the messages I receive (which aren't many anyway) are from girls I'm completely not compatible with if you even just glance at both of our profiles side-by-side. It's weird.

Looks like I'm running out of interesting girls around here on this site. Oh well.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Finally had a bit of luck messaging two girls on here. One stopped about a week ago, I did a slight nudge but nothing yet.

2 and I have been chatting for a few days now. Seem cool. First luck at all I've had on here.

Ashodin

Great news but just don't blow your load too soon. Girls hate clingy guys and if you come off love struck it might be a turn off. Keep it cool.

Seconded.

Then you find yourself alone in your room listening to Adam's Song by Blink 182 on repeat as you use your tears for lubricant to masturbate to her pics on OKC.

Ahahahaha you guys are crazy. You see I think I found a girl who wants a clingy guy.

No this girl is exactly like me, once she gets into something she obsesses over it and is very intense, and I think she really really likes me.

She is basically telling me everything about her, and unfortunately she has a migraine today and can't hang out, but is willing to hang out first thing tomorrow morning (and all day) before I have to work, so while that sucks, I think I can handle some more space before getting all into her. Which I feel like once we meet it's going to be like two magnets on opposite ends. Just stuck together by magnetic pull.

zlatko

Banned
I just got an invite to be a moderator on OKC......wat.

Do you frequent it like a hawk or ?

Edit: @Max

We are just making sure you don't set yourself up too high and have to come crashing down. Take it easy. Slow and methodical. If it works out and shit, then loosen up of course, but if you go in maximum wesker on her, and even though you are saying you are two peas in a pod, you know people are complex(women more so) and who the fuck knows what could blow up in your face.

Ashodin

This really sucks because I've got like four more girls barking up my tree and I really want to hang out with that chick and tell all the rest (gently) to kindly fuck off if we hit it off.

I'm really excited about meeting her, and she's nervous too (having only been in one real relationship).

We are just making sure you don't set yourself up too high and have to come crashing down. Take it easy. Slow and methodical. If it works out and shit, then loosen up of course, but if you go in maximum wesker on her, and even though you are saying you are two peas in a pod, you know people are complex(women more so) and who the fuck knows what could blow up in your face.

EDIT: Trust me man, no one else is taking the more methodical and slow approach than me. I'm just enjoying playing into her nature of conversation, she LOVES to talk about anything and everything nerdy. I'm building rapport before going to see her, basically. I still have so much to ask her about even when meeting her, that conversation is going to be not an issue.

Hylian7

Do you frequent it like a hawk or ?

I leave the tab open in my browser, does that count as "frequenting like a hawk"? I first got on it back in February, was in a relationship from May until yesterday, and suddenly, moderator invite. I don't even...

zlatko

Banned
This really sucks because I've got like four more girls barking up my tree and I really want to hang out with that chick and tell all the rest (gently) to kindly fuck off if we hit it off.

I'm really excited about meeting her, and she's nervous too (having only been in one real relationship).

EDIT: Trust me man, no one else is taking the more methodical and slow approach than me. I'm just enjoying playing into her nature of conversation, she LOVES to talk about anything and everything nerdy. I'm building rapport before going to see her, basically. I still have so much to ask her about even when meeting her, that conversation is going to be not an issue.

I've had convos bleed out in past ladies, not just OKC, and they can always have something they are withholding that can turn it all into a shit show, or they may be hiding things in general.

Then again I naturally assume the worst in people and life lol. :p

Ashodin

I leave the tab open in my browser, does that count as "frequenting like a hawk"? I first got on it back in February, was in a relationship from May until yesterday, and suddenly, moderator invite. I don't even...

Three months of just leaving the tab open? no wonder, son

I've had convos bleed out in past ladies, not just OKC, and they can always have something they are withholding that can turn it all into a shit show, or they may be hiding things in general.

Then again I naturally assume the worst in people and life lol. :p

This is where you and I are opposites. I think the best in people and life.

PG2G

So, I've been messaging this girl for the last few days and her responses have started to get shorter and shorter. I'm thinking it's time to bail out? :p

LProtag

Haha, I found my first ex from high school's account, I think she just opened it. Pretty weird/interesting snooping around and seeing who she is now.

Edit: Also just curious, what's everyone's "X people have rated you highly!" thing? I feel like mine might be pathetically low, haha.

Unicorn

Seconded.

HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS PHASE

Haha, I found my first ex from high school's account, I think she just opened it. Pretty weird/interesting snooping around and seeing who she is now.

Edit: Also just curious, what's everyone's "X people have rated you highly!" thing? I feel like mine might be pathetically low, haha.

Isn't that a paid feature?

Maybe anyone that dumps money their way has "mod potential"

Air

Banned
Made an account on okcupid the other day for shingles and within an hour I see an old high school classmate. We joked about it for a bit than went on our way.

Unicorn

It's to the bottom right of the stars. Maybe it's being blocked with adblock or something?

Ga9Bk.png

commedieu

Banned
We should start a Do's and Dont's of profile pictures.

Why do women insist on doing mustache photos? 1 out of 3 photos is stached...

Also, Guys just do ab shots. Is it equally weird..?

Ashodin

We should start a Do's and Dont's of profile pictures.

Why do women insist on doing mustache photos? 1 out of 3 photos is stached...

Also, Guys just do ab shots. Is it equally weird..?

Guys do ab shots because they think girls are superficial and will only want that.

zlatko

Banned
Now explain the mustache pics... Its such a weird trend.

It's better than duck face. I see a LOT of duck face pics.

So, tonight I'll find out if my date for tomorrow is going to happen or not. Pretty nervous and not optimistic to be honest. Just one of those gut feeling things going on here.

Other than OKC and POF, what are some other free sites people recommend? I have yet to get shit back on POF, and OKC I swear the tank has run dry on who to message within the age range I'm looking at and within 50 miles of me lol.

foreveralone.jpg

Riggs

Banned

Yoshi confirmed mack daddy?

So girl #3 is totally out. Haven't heard shit from her. No biggy.

Girl #2 we set up a date for Friday. Crossing my fingers it pans out. Talked to her yesterday a lot, and exchanged a few texts today too. So as far as I can tell it's sitting in a good spot, but if Friday falls through, then I'll have to give up.

Girl #1 I'm just friend zoning. The other guy she was going on dates with from OKC turns out she's the one who's had to ask him out to this dates, and he hasn't asked her at all. So I can tell she's super into him since she's chasing him. Plus, yesterday she wanted to hang out with him, but he didn't respond to her in 5 hours time, and when he did said he was going to the gym instead. So I just don't think she wants to pursue anything with me, even though I've been fuck awesome. Sucks since when we talk it's great conversation, and all that, but if she isn't going to put any effort towards me then we can just be buddies on facebook who talk here and there.

Yoshi this is where we undercore congregate. You have found us.

gazele

Banned
It's better than duck face. I see a LOT of duck face pics.

So, tonight I'll find out if my date for tomorrow is going to happen or not. Pretty nervous and not optimistic to be honest. Just one of those gut feeling things going on here.

Other than OKC and POF, what are some other free sites people recommend? I have yet to get shit back on POF, and OKC I swear the tank has run dry on who to message within the age range I'm looking at and within 50 miles of me lol.

foreveralone.jpg

Unfortunately pof and ok Cupid are the best free ones, you could try match.com but that's not really free, might just have to wait for new people to join pof and okc unless there are other free ones I'm not aware of

zlatko

Banned
Unfortunately pof and ok Cupid are the best free ones, you could try match.com but that's not really free, might just have to wait for new people to join pof and okc unless there are other free ones I'm not aware of

I heard of some datemyschool or something. May have to google it later. As far as I know it's so college people can meet other college people from their universities and such.

Everything still smooth sailing for you and the girl you met?

gazele

Banned
I heard of some datemyschool or something. May have to google it later. As far as I know it's so college people can meet other college people from their universities and such.

Hmm, that could be good, are you in college?

Things are going really well, we've seen each other literally every day since last Thursday and she's slept over almost every day if she doesn't have to work early. And it's not like I'm pushing her to come over its pretty mutual, getting her to watch breaking bad which by my avatar you can tell I like haha

I'm usually the kind of guy that doesn't mind being alone but I really like spending time with her, just super comfortable

Ashodin

The girl 3 i'm conversing with has had migraines and is sick today, so we've set Saturday as the day we are going to hang out. She's really apprehensive but I understand being a homebody too. She wants to build trust before letting me into her world, and i'm taking great pains to communicate that we're made for each other.

Just today we started talking about political issues and she's utterly impressed with how well I match her. I think Saturday is going to magical, and I can't wait.

zlatko

Banned
Hmm, that could be good, are you in college?

Things are going really well, we've seen each other literally every day since last Thursday and she's slept over almost every day if she doesn't have to work early. And it's not like I'm pushing her to come over its pretty mutual, getting her to watch breaking bad which by my avatar you can tell I like haha

I'm usually the kind of guy that doesn't mind being alone but I really like spending time with her, just super comfortable

Yeah I am in college and working full time. I'm a fairly busy dude, but I have 4ish hours in the evening and more on the weekend to spend with a lady if I were to start trying to date someone.

I'm the same way that I don't mind doing my own thing at all, but of course enjoy company with a cute lady to snuggle up with. ;)

Yay! More rejection messages! /foreveralone

At LEAST they're communicating back to me, and not ignoring me.

I'm trucking on GAF, rejection ain't the end of the world. Just a door that leads to other opportunities.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Looking for an opinion on how to move forward.

Messaging this one girl back and forth for awhile. Hit it off really well at the start. Made an invitation for coffee, exchanged numbers, and as we've been texting back and forth I'm learning/realizing shes not quite my type. Haven't texted eachother in a few days (Been busy with other stuff), and wondering if I should just leave it be as is, or if I should respond and at least go on the coffee date out of courtesy/see if things feel a little different in person.

:/

LProtag

I'm so bummed out I didn't ask the super interesting girl out before she stopped responding.

If she happens to respond again, I'm doing it right away.

ianp622

How/when do I tell a girl I enjoy talking to her, but I'm not interested in a relationship beyond friendship? She's overweight and I realized I can't feel any attraction towards her.

zlatko

Banned
How/when do I tell a girl I enjoy talking to her, but I'm not interested in a relationship beyond friendship? She's overweight and I realized I can't feel any attraction towards her.

Do the gentleman thing and just stop responding altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom