• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Welp, that girl that I decided to invite to dinner with my friends is busy, but she said she's decided to jump in and go out to dinner or something this week! Aw yeaaaa

I started talking to a girl on OKC that went to the same Uni as me and we graduated together last year, but never met. We have mutual friends on facebook and stuff. Curious that we were in the same school for years and it took OKC to finally get us to connect. Spoke on the phone a few times, now gonna have dinner sometime this week.

crush7337

Banned
Sending girls witty one liners about their profiles really hits a snag when I come across the super generic ones. Nothing in their profile to build on for a joke. I don't want to be a dick and call them out for having a boring profile, but I don't want to return to sending those generic "Hey we have this in common, you seem cool, message me" messages.

Otherwise the witty comments still seem to be working. Sent out 6 messages in the past hour and have already gotten 3 replies.

The meet me feature on POF is complete rubbish.

POF really sucks. The poster who said that OKC is leagues better was making a gross understatement.

Sending girls witty one liners about their profiles really hits a snag when I come across the super generic ones. Nothing in their profile to build on for a joke. I don't want to be a dick and call them out for having a boring profile, but I don't want to return to sending those generic "Hey we have this in common, you seem cool, message me" messages.

Otherwise the witty comments still seem to be working. Sent out 6 messages in the past hour and have already gotten 3 replies.

I don't even message those people. Actually, I only message the women who mention at least one thing in common with me so I can say something like, "it's nice to see someone else who does xxx" or whatever.

mj1108

Yeah I hate the generic profiles too.

You should post some of the witty stuff that you've sent that has worked to help others in this thread.

Pastry

Banned

You should post some of the witty stuff that you've sent that has worked to help others in this thread.

I agree. Mind sharing some examples?

Ashhong

Yes this please. I changed my strat to the witty thing, and have only been able to do 1 so far. This girl put that her grandfather was Kim Jong Il, so I asked her if I knew her from anywhere because my brother was Kim Jong Un, his son. Lame? Maybe, but it got a reply lol.

OMG what if LA-GAF has tried dating the same girls but don't know it... so many degrees of separation.

I'm not even a part of LA-gaf yet. So this is even crazier. I think I saved her profile in one of my bookmarks because I laughed hard when she said she was related to Kim Jong-Il and wanted to show it to my friend.

OKCupid has been more of a miss than a hit for me. I've gotten responses from two girls on different occasions about how I'm sending too long of a message and I would get more of a response if I just said 'Hi.' It's not like I wrote a book or anything. It was just a paragraph saying something about their profile or whatever.

POF isn't any better when it's full of girls that say generic messages followed by 'wanna no more? HMU.' I have gotten more messages on POF though including someone who was currently pregnant and looking for the one.

Jhoan

This article is relevant to this thread (and the Dating-Age thread): Best and Worst States for Singles. New York swimming in a massive sausage fest is no surprise; it's why a lot of us New Yorkers have a massive amount of competition on the online dating front; NYC is flooded with tons of women, but for every one woman, there's 6 guys after her. New Mexico, Alaska, Rhode Island, and D.C. also get that honor.

If you live in the Midwest states, consider yourself to be screwed unless you live in a city.

ianp622

OKCupid has been more of a miss than a hit for me. I've gotten responses from two girls on different occasions about how I'm sending too long of a message and I would get more of a response if I just said 'Hi.' It's not like I wrote a book or anything. It was just a paragraph saying something about their profile or whatever.

POF isn't any better when it's full of girls that say generic messages followed by 'wanna no more? HMU.' I have gotten more messages on POF though including someone who was currently pregnant and looking for the one.

Don't just say "hi". Anyone with brains will delete that in a second. Mention something about their profile, make sure you ask a question, and keep it short.

I got a date with a waitress who practices pole dancing tomorrow.

She seems to be open about being horny when drunk and looking for sex at the moment.

:l

Taking her to my place after drinks and dancing, she seems pretty hot.

I think I need to change my profile pictures. I've gotten very low ratings on the "My Best Face" thing on OK Cupid. :( My friends don't like (taking) photos, so I was doomed to using low quality pictures I took at home from a horrible camera.

I read on OKCupid's blog that the following can get you higher ratings on your photos:
- Take pictures with an animal or do something interesting in it (e.g. hold a guitar)
- Use good lighting conditions and no flash
- Use a good camera and low f-stop/big aperture

Sources (all awesome reading):
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/dont-be-ugly-by-accident/
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/

FWIW, the best quality picture of me (even though it's my ugliest imo) got the best score.

If you want to see my pictures and my results, quote me and you'll see the hidden link. (I'm a little private about my pictures.)

mj1108

Well I changed my pic and it certainly seems to have gauged a bit of interest...especially from one woman who I had been talking to. I had exchanged a few messages with her, the last being over 3 weeks ago. I thought I had replied to her last one but didn't. She messaged me out of the blue complimenting on the new picture and thought it looked great. I apologized about not messaging her back saying I thought I had, thanked her.....and well, it now looks like we're going out on Saturday.
3AQmK.gif

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well I changed my pic and it certainly seems to have gauged a bit of interest...especially from one woman who I had been talking to. I had exchanged a few messages with her, the last being over 3 weeks ago. I thought I had replied to her last one but didn't. She messaged me out of the blue complimenting on the new picture and thought it looked great. I apologized about not messaging her back saying I thought I had, thanked her.....and well, it now looks like we're going out on Saturday.
3AQmK.gif

it'd be cool to see "before" and "after" pics of the profile!

crush7337

Banned

I agree. Mind sharing some examples?

Yes this please. I changed my strat to the witty thing, and have only been able to do 1 so far. This girl put that her grandfather was Kim Jong Il, so I asked her if I knew her from anywhere because my brother was Kim Jong Un, his son. Lame? Maybe, but it got a reply lol.

Alright here's 2 that I had some good success with. It really varies on a case by case basis, I just make this shit up on the fly.

First one the girl had something in her profile that she has a thing for a man in uniform so I sent this.

http://imgur.com/sOXpA

She's out of town this week, but we're meeting for coffee once she gets back.

Second one is by far the weirdest message I have ever sent out, and I am honestly surprised it turned out like this. Her profile was basically empty. Her "Self Summary" section just said, "If I told you about me then what would we have to talk about."

http://imgur.com/tF4VI

Still in the process of trying to set something up this weekend with her.

I probably need to sit down and rewrite my profile also in the next day or two. I think its okay as is, but I could probably add some more humor, especially if I'm just going to be sending out messages trying to make them laugh.

Let's just hope neither of these girls check GAF or I'm in trouble.

Sneds

I signed up for an account over the weekend and got sent a message today. I'm don't find the woman attractive and it doesn't seem as though we have much, if anything, in common. Some of the responses she gave to a few important questions makes me think we wouldn't get on.

She asked if I wanted to chat. I was going to write back a brief message saying that we don't have much in common but good luck in future - something along those lines. Or should I just ignore it completely?

I signed up for an account over the weekend and got sent a message today. I'm don't find the woman attractive and it doesn't seem as though we have much, if anything, in common. Some of the responses she gave to a few important questions makes me think we wouldn't get on.

She asked if I wanted to chat. I was going to write back a brief message saying that we don't have much in common but good luck in future - something along those lines. Or should I just ignore it completely?

I'd say ignore. Better to not make enemies.

Or you could invite her to group things and encourage her to bring friends. Maybe she's got some hot gal friends.

megamerican

A new girl just messaged me asking me where I want to go right now?

What does that even mean? Like she wants to go somewhere, or what my future plans are? Totally lost.

Ashhong

I was texting a girl all day yesterday, and then I think she must have passed out at night or just didn't know how to respond to my last text since I didnt really ask her a question. But anyway, not sure how to start the texting convo today. Is it weird if I ask if she slept well?

I was texting a girl all day yesterday, and then I think she must have passed out at night or just didn't know how to respond to my last text since I didnt really ask her a question. But anyway, not sure how to start the texting convo today. Is it weird if I ask if she slept well?

" Hey how are you ? " is all you should have to text and she will respond when she wants too. Chill.

BTW, I met the pole dancing girl today, she looked prettier in her picture but she's still cute. Totally a depressed woman though, she's probably really kinky. We made plans for beer tomorrow but now i just want to fuck her tonight, so lets see if I can convince her over the phone. She sounds kinky as hell, pole in her room and stuff, lives alone. Nice ass, skinny. Way into me. I probably should have shown more interest but it was my first day with her. We talked a lot. in hindsight I could have been a better date.

zlatko

Banned
Eh, but we were texting until 2am, and its only 10 hours later. How was your day or how are you dont really work

Try:

"Texting you makes my cock so hard that it presses up against the zipper and hurts like a MOTHER FUCKER"

:p

No really, just wait till later if it's only 10 hours later. Wait till it's like 7 at night to text if she doesn't by then.

Ashhong

Try:

"Texting you makes my cock so hard that it presses up against the zipper and hurts like a MOTHER FUCKER"

:p

No really, just wait till later if it's only 10 hours later. Wait till it's like 7 at night to text if she doesn't by then.

Too late, already sent that first one!

edit: Welp she texted me saying she passed out and with what she's doing today. I think she likes me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom