• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Official site- https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024
Official Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@Olympics/featured
Schedule - https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/schedule/26-july
Twitter channel - https://x.com/Olympics

I figured we needed a Summer Olympics thread to share great moments and keep up with the medal counts and cheer for our respective countries and favorites.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

2024-02-08t100907z-2025460963-rc2pt5a2isto-rtrmadp-3-olympics-2024-medals.jpeg

Official Music Video......

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Oui, Oui!

kids-in-the-hall-dave-foley.gif

Looking forward to Olympic basketball.

🏀 Here are my top 5 rankings:

1 - Canada
2 - USA
3 - Germany
4 - Serbia
5 - South Sudan

Ironically, I think the French team this year stinks compared to the rest of the world, even though they have the phenomenal rookie, Wembenyama.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I will say the French went all-out on this ceremony.

Doing this throughout the entire city is an insane decision, this must've cost a staggering amount of money.

Wow this Gojira segment is sick as fuck

Last edited:

Duellist

I will say the French went all-out on this ceremony.

Doing this throughout the entire city is an insane decision, this must've cost a staggering amount of money.

Wow this Gojira segment is sick as fuck
Ya it was killer. Probably one if not the coolest parts of an opening ceremonies I’ve ever seen.

SJRB

Gold Member
I kinda feel bad for them, this entire show would've been 100 times better on a beautiful summer evening.

The heavy clouds and rain give it such a drab and depressing vibe.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Lol it's absolutely bucketing down, what are the chances, anytime I've been in Paris during the summer it's been hot af...

T8SC

I kinda feel bad for them, this entire show would've been 100 times better on a beautiful summer evening.

The heavy clouds and rain give it such a drab and depressing vibe.

Team GB will feel right at home.

Not really feeling the boats though, I prefer them following the flag as they walk into the main athletics stadium. Feels like half the athletes are missing from the larger nations boats.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ya it was killer. Probably one if not the coolest parts of an opening ceremonies I’ve ever seen.
Cool. Imagine if Daft punk reunited to close the olympics out?

Anyway this ceremony varies from cool as hell to boring as fuck. But I love the French Flair.

Bravo

to be fair, almost all opening ceremonies are long and dragged out but I give France the props of not doing it inside the stadium. The rain is unfortunate. The logistics of coordinating this is way more difficult.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
to be fair, almost all opening ceremonies are long and dragged out but I give France the props of not doing it inside the stadium. The rain is unfortunate. The logistics of coordinating this is way more difficult.
London was incredible tbf, same with the Chinese one, this is... What the fuck where they thinking

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think half the athletes are going to catch a cold with this weather

Last edited:

Gp1

The rain and the metro problem really f*up the event. That skate track over the river would be very interesting. So far the Heavy metal / Gojira segment was the best.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Can’t wait to watch! I hope the weather clears up, though. Looking forward to skateboarding, b-ball, gymnastics, diving, volleyball, and badminton.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I like it. It's kinda like proof of concept because the rain is really fucking it up, but I can imagine the ceramony would be amazing without it.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I like it. It's kinda like proof of concept because the rain is really fucking it up, but I can imagine the ceramony would be amazing without it.
How would a lack of rain make this any less boring? Genuine question, am I missing something?

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
What the FUCK am I watching...
This is some of the tackiest, ugliest.and most kitsch opening ceremonies I've ever seen, lol man, the fucking French...
It's something between the ever kitschy Eurovision and a fucking circus, my fucking God it's ugly...

Bullshit disco, idiots prancing around like having epilepsy, Hip-hop, dudes doing parkour, a....fuxking catwalk of all things, the teams on the boats (lol) and the ugly, ugly, UGLY, dirty, grey, smog-soaked buildings/environments...what the fuck has happened to Paris man, last time I was there ('bout 20 years ago) it was OK but now, judging by the aerial shots and genral.building cleanliness (or lack thereof)...sorry to say but it looks like a shitshow.
Plus, the Seine looks like it's fookin' infested or something.

The weather ain't doing the ceremony any favours but, the director (s) of this shitshow should be fired on the spot, my fooking God is this thing terrible to watch...

I'm just waiting for Gojira to show up just to see if this thing can get any worse.

Absolutely horrible, horrible stuff

France/10

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
How would a lack of rain make this any less boring? Genuine question, am I missing something?
I think some stuff needed to change. You saw the BMX and break dancing floats didn't have much because they couldn't do much. I think it's actually more interesting than previous Olympics when the entrance of the countries was relegated to the end of the ceremony and was boring.

SJRB

Gold Member
lol pretentious fashion catwalks is not something I would showcase to the rest of the world.

Zeitgeist of the liberal West.

They're literally parading around women with beards and men in skirts. The point is probably inclusivity because I also so people with prosthetic legs, but still.. At least they cut away from it after only a fraction of a second every time.

Gp1

City of lights with that half-assed illumination on the Eiffel tower and a...

WTF is that guy in blue in a platter?

Last edited:
Top Bottom