• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

SJRB

Gold Member
This event is not TikTok brainrot-friendly. Please make the next one 20 mins tops, directed by Mr. Beast.

Dude this visual of the Louvre is amazing. The heavy rain gives it a sick vibe.

Last edited:

Boralf

Now play Debussy - Clair de Lune

DO IT

Edit: Okay, it's probably better for the closing ceremony.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
CELIIIIIIINE

DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

(please bring Gojira back)

Edit: okay she is legit amazing live. Wow, insane vocals.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I though it was a great showcase of French art, culture, history and love. Using the city as a backdrop instead of some dull stadium was a great idea.

The people complaining are probably the type of people that install a game and immediately apply ReShade :messenger_poop:

What about when they recreated the last supper with drag queens. An Italian painting by an Italian artist and then add drag queen to the religious iconography. That was weird.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

That was amazing

Imagine displaying you've hanged all the aristrocrats and make blood color confetti explode out of the window. The balls on them to do that during an olympic opening. I'll tell you, so much better than the boring all "clean" presentations the other countries do.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Don't forget to cheer for the Dutch Pedo, utter disgrace that he was allowed into the country let alone picked to compete
I didn’t hear about that 😮

overall, I think it's interesting they went with an outside-the-box concept but it was too ambitious hence the execution was a miss. It also dragged on for way too long because it takes place across several areas instead of one centralized place. At least it started and ended on a high note with the Gojira and Celine performances. All that weird shit in between such as that dude in the blue body paint should've been cut.

I give props to all the staff behind the scenes that planned and coordinated the entire thing. The logistics required to do this is no joke. How do you even rehearse this without leaking it beforehand?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Didnt watch the opening except a bit here and there where athletes were shown parading on streets or on a boat. Seemed boring. The boats were hilarious because if you looked at the structure, the boats had big white ice cube metal racks to hold in athletes in case any fell over. So in each box, you;d get an athlete or two waving and holding on.

What about when they recreated the last supper with drag queens. An Italian painting by an Italian artist and then add drag queen to the religious iconography. That was weird.
It was actually Dionysus (the blue guy) and they weren't all drag queens. Just a slice of le principe de plaisir; the Pleasure Principle.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
YouTube tv took off the earlier recording I have of the opening ceremonies so you have to watch the live show tonight. Such a scummy practice.

Top Bottom