• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On ESPN right now: ESPN 25: Who's Number 1? Greatest Plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Greatest plays of the last 25 years is on now. Just a heads up. Should be some good stuff on here.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Eminem said:
yeah, The Headlines and espn25 are both really well done.

Unfortunately, Who's number 1 is the worst produced television show in the history of ESPN.

Also, it doesn't actually have clips of NFL games. Yeah, stills really do justice to Bo Jackson. Why even bother?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Eminem said:
meh, i like it. the greatest sports bloopers one was great.

I must have missed that one. What was number one?

Better question, what was number seventeen? SEVENTEEN! Seventeen? Seven....teen. SEVENTEEN?! Number... Seventeen.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Cerebral Palsy said:
#1 wasn't Dante Hall's backwards juke for a TD in Denver? WTF

He meant in the sports blunders list. Number 1 in this one is either "The Catch", some home run in baseball that I don't give a good god damn about, or something else that I don't really remember....(Top three were mentioned on Around the Horn today, not in order though)

The Stanford-Cal band play isn't in the top three, which is entirely ludicrous.

Another fucking golf shot is playing now. My roomate plays golf. I think I'm going to take one of his clubs and smash my TV.

edit: Of course. It's the home run that I don't give a good god damn about that got the top spot. At least it wasn't golf.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Gibson's home run against Eckersly.

I call shenanigans on this list.

On the other hand, I never before realized that the Vikings have given up what are likely the two best QB runs in NFL history. One to Young, the other in OT against Vick...er...I mean...the Falcons. Yes, the Falcons...the entire team was a playoff team that year. They just were off their game last season. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Bowser

OKAY, WHERE THE FUCK WAS THIS?

23jordan_unc_09.jpg

GOD DAMN ESPN SUCKS!

No one gives a damn about some stupid baseball homer, those are a dime a dozen.

pops619

Was Bill Mazeroski's 1960 World Series winning homer on the list at all? I never can understand why that is hardly ever considered the biggest home run ever. It was hit in the bottom of the ninth of game seven of the World Series to lead the Pirates over the Yankees. You can't get a much bigger play in baseball than that. It's the only game seven World Series wall-off homer in baseball history.,

Desperado

Bowser said:
OKAY, WHERE THE FUCK WAS THIS?

23jordan_unc_09.jpg

GOD DAMN ESPN SUCKS!

No one gives a damn about some stupid baseball homer, those are a dime a dozen.

durr, No one gives a damn about some stupid basketball shot, those are a dime a dozen.

=P

Loki

Count of Concision
Cerebral Palsy said:
#1 wasn't Dante Hall's backwards juke for a TD in Denver? WTF

God, I still remember that play clear as day, and I'm not even a football fan. That was one of the sickest moves I've ever seen in any sport. Unbelievable-- he burned like 3 or 4 guys.

Miguel

"I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW"

Definately the greatest radio call I've EVER fucking heard. There is none other like it. I get goosebumps every time I hear it. Same goes for the radio call of the end of both Championship clinching games (Rockets in 94 and 95) gives me goosebumps like that.

They didn't show half the fucking plays. When I watch a show talking about the greatest plays, I wanna see the goddamn plays!!!!! /rant

darkiguana

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Loki said:
God, I still remember that play clear as day, and I'm not even a football fan. That was one of the sickest moves I've ever seen in any sport. Unbelievable-- he burned like 3 or 4 guys.

That year had three great plays that I can recall. There was Dante Hall's reception-juke-spin-backhop thingy, Mike Vick's touchdown run in OT against the Vikings, and Woody Dantzler's return touchdown where he broke about twelve tackles and then hoped on one foot for five yards while trying not to fall out of bounds.

I couldn't pick which one of those three was the best back then, I still can't now.

As for the plays they didn't show, they haven't shown any NFL footage throughout "Who's #1?" I suppose they couldn't get the NFL Films rights/didn't want to pay for them.

methodman

Banned
This wouldnt make it into the top 25, or even 100, but I remember Randy Moss's before the half-40 yard catch, then toss back to his teammate for a td play. That was so sweet.

impirius

Loki said:
http://vid.impirius.net/nfl/superjuke.avi (since I can't find it on NFL.com anymore)

One of the most incredible plays I've ever seen.

Bowser said:
THE BEST FUCKING JUMPSHOT YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE.

EVER.

lol

also, they need to make a dvd with all these "sick" nfl/nba plays.

seriously, id buy it.

Oh and a great play I will always remember, probably not in the top 25, but its when Michael Vick was in college and I forgot but Tech was playing some damn team....And Vick ran a 82 yard touchdown on them.....it was so sick...a QB gettin a 82 yard touchdown run....ever since that play, I knew Vick was gonna be something great...and also the fact that he is from my hometown.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom