• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrDev

My GF got me hooked to this at ep 10 from season 1. I remembered watching the pilot with her when it premiered and found it to be pretty uninteresting. Then I came home yesterday and saw her watching it; said she started rewatching the whole season on Netflix yesterday. And now we just finished watching the whole first season today. We are ready to jump into the second season where "magic is coming" lol.

Since they didn't want to kill Regina they should have just pushed her outside the border while they had the chance. But if she never lost her memory in the first place how would it effect her?

Loved tonight's episode!!!
I really hope Lana Parrilla gets some recognition for this role. It really reminded me of a LOST episode.

Much better episode than last week. This episode was actually good.

Last week they had a lot to do: resolve the cliffhanger from last season, set up the new season's storyline, have all the characters remember what was going on, lots of reunions and what-not. This episode was just a straight-up character episode like from last season and it was really well done. I like that the Mad Hatter is now even more mad, and I'm glad they only brought the other world into the picture in the last few minutes.

It's almost like a combination of Lost and Fringe now. I'm guessing it'll be a similar format in that one episode we'll get a Storybrooke episode with a Storybrooke character flashback, and the next episode will be an Enchanted Forest episode with an Enchanted Forest character flashback. Pretty neat.

I feel like no matter how hard they try, it's impossible to redeem a woman who literally killed her own father.

That said, tonight was good. Wonder where they are going having Emma and Snow meet Cora...

I feel like no matter how hard they try, it's impossible to redeem a woman who literally killed her own father.

That said, tonight was good. Wonder where they are going having Emma and Snow meet Cora...
I guess she is seeking revenge, so she's welcome on the LET'S KILL REGINA bandwagon :p (even if Emma/Snow don't really want to kill Regina)

Medalion

Banned
Sorry, I didn't quite feel tonight's ep probably until the very end

It seemed kinda off and cheesier than in some places

David's inspirational speech was so cliche, I half expected the crowd just to laugh and walk past the line

But it was nice to see the Mad Hatter back, albeit brief appearance again

I liked the episode, thought it was slightly better than last episode. Wasn't Cora sent to another realm/world when she went through the mirror?

ag-my001

The one thing that stuck out as missing in the first episode was addressed here (what about Pinocchio?), so that was nice. Not burning the book was a bit cliche, but now that Cora has been revealed, it may not resolve in the typical manner.

I still would like to see more Red involvement, and everyone having memories back highlights the problems inherent in the guest-of-the-week setup, e.g. shouldn't Cinderella and her Prince be helping to lead the people, too? Still, improvement over Episode 1.

TripOpt55

Yeah I liked this one. People in Storybrooke having their memories back seems like it will work out better than I thought.

Did Rumplestiltskin imply that Cora's book was originally his? I'm a little confused on when he became "the dark one" because it seems he was around a long time before any of the other current characters.

Did Rumplestiltskin imply that Cora's book was originally his? I'm a little confused on when he became "the dark one" because it seems he was around a long time before any of the other current characters.

Rumple most certainly must be that old. Recall from season one when jiminey wanted to free himself from his parents and instead things turned out wrong for gepettos parents. The potion used came from rumplestilskin. That was when geppeto was a boy and he is an old man now

He became "the dark one" during a war with... ogres (I think), which hasn't been mentioned by any one else so it stands to reason that it may have happened long before the current events. His son is an anomaly, but we'll see how that unravels as the season progresses - assuming the show hasn't completely discarded flashbacks in favour of parallel narratives across the two worlds.

It certainly makes him an interesting character if he's been involved with everyone's lives for that long.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
God I love this stupid show so much. The Regina sympathetic/redeptive arc off to a great start. Too bad the only emotion that actress is capable of registering is Rude Bitch, so I know it won't last long but shit gon be funnay in the meantime.

I really don't get the point of the "crisis center" (lol!) and why everybody wanted to leave town and lose their memory on purpose. The background characters in this show seem to be suffering from a severe case of nonsensical, TV-character groupthink.

Supposedly, but this is Rumpelstiltskin we're talking about. Who knows where she actually went.

Wasn't she sent to Wonderland? Maybe she is the Queen of Hearts? We know the Queen of Hearts can use magic, we know she's evil and we've never seen her face because it's hidden behind a red veil.

Still doesn't explain how she came to find Emma and Snow though.

Medalion

Banned
I hadn't considered for the moment that Cora was sent to Wonderland, I thought the Mirror took her to some other universe like our world or something else.

Intruiging... maybe she will be the big bad lol

I hadn't considered for the moment that Cora was sent to Wonderland, I thought the Mirror took her to some other universe like our world or something else.

Intruiging... maybe she will be the big bad lol

Well I mean she went THROUGH THE LOOKINGGLASS. Thought it couldn't be more obvious. They even talked about holding hearts in the palms of their hands.

Medalion

Banned
I suppose that would be this show's version of a big twist

but no really... it's Lady Gaga that's the Queen of Hearts

ouat-1x17-queen-of-hearts.jpg

Wouldn't that mean his son is (probably) long gone ? In that case we could probably rule out the man in New York as his son as he seemed way too young*. I suppose it fits with his "I've got all the time in the world. I will do nothing else.", but in that case shouldn't he be aware that his son is (presumably) long gone ?

Time could work differently. He was sucked through a portal, and maybe time passes differently in fairy tale world. I'm sure if they ever bring his son into the picture that's how they'll hand-wave it.

Wasn't she sent to Wonderland? Maybe she is the Queen of Hearts? We know the Queen of Hearts can use magic, we know she's evil and we've never seen her face because it's hidden behind a red veil.

Still doesn't explain how she came to find Emma and Snow though.

I was assuming she went to Wonderland, too, but I'm not 100% certain since Rumpelstiltskin likes to twist meanings. And since we know the Curse affected Wonderland since the Mad Hatter is in Storybrooke, it's not a far stretch to guess that somehow the curse kicked her back to the Enchanted Forest world.

One thing I'm slightly confused about, is the Enchanted Forest the name of the entire fairy tale world, or just the section that was unaffected by the curse?

It's hard to tell going by the dialogue, because the aren't being really specific.

One thing I'm slightly confused about, is the Enchanted Forest the name of the entire fairy tale world, or just the section that was unaffected by the curse?

It's hard to tell going by the dialogue, because the aren't being really specific.

The entire kingdom is the Enchanted Forest. The place untouched by time is where Snow and Emma wil; be heading with Mulan, presumably Neverland.

ag-my001

It wouldn't be too surprising to have Cora be the Queen of Hearts (or have some Wonderland connection), as we've yet to see how Regina's father ended up in her custody.

It wouldn't be too surprising to have Cora be the Queen of Hearts (or have some Wonderland connection), as we've yet to see how Regina's father ended up in her custody.

I actually thought this during the episode as well. Her book having a heart on it seemed to be a big focal point in the episode.

sleepykyo

Wouldn't that mean his son is (probably) long gone ? In that case we could probably rule out the man in New York as his son as he seemed way too young*. I suppose it fits with his "I've got all the time in the world. I will do nothing else.", but in that case shouldn't he be aware that his son is (presumably) long gone ?

Edit:Then again, he thought August was his son...

*Unless they play the "It's magic. It's fairy tales. There's gotta be a happy ending." card.

They could always argue that Gold's son was sent forward in time as well.

felipeko

About Cora's place, didn't mr Gold say to David he was unable to send people to other worlds?

Also i'm guessing
pinocchio will be able leave the town without losing the memory, getting the tree he and Emma traveled to real world

About Cora's place, didn't mr Gold say to David he was unable to send people to other worlds?

Also i'm guessing
pinocchio will be able leave the town without losing the memory, getting the tree he and Emma traveled to real world

I don't think can freely. I think it relies more on objects that he has like the hat or (seemingly) the mirror. He could just mean he can't at the moment.

dokish

Banned
Just watched the first episode of season 2, wooooowwww...

I'm speechless.

At the end of season 1 I thought it would be so cool if they
went to the magical land
, and that finally happened. Well, at least with 2 characters. I hope they stay there for a while, will be really great.

Just saw ep 2.

I am beyond happy that they addressed the ensuing mayhem from a town full of people who just regained their true identities. There's chaos to be had from that kind of happenstance.

Also, it was quite refreshing to having Charming and not Emma play the active role in an episode. It's likewise a welcome thing that there are still flashbacks, as opposed to set-jumping from the Storybrooke to what remains of the Enchanted Forest.

Regina's actress is just superb. Her nuances are subtle yet pronounced enough to see regret, anger, sadness, triumph from under a veil of a different emotion. Love her.

KevinCow

Banned
I hate the charming actor or character (not sure which it is) for some reason. I cannot stand his scenes most of the time

Seriously? I think he's amazingly cast. He's Charming as fuck. A manly man who still has a soft side.

I think all the casting has been pretty great. Charming, Snow White, the Queen, the Dwarves, Pinnochio, the Mad Hatter, and especially Rumplestiltskin. The only real exceptions are the stupid annoying kid and Belle.

Medalion

Banned
Emma continues to be a sore point for me in this show, but I did like they finally resolved her issue with her parents near the end, so that's some progress

Cora being bad all along was predictable

Black Lancelot... a brave and interesting choice.

Mulan is beginning to annoy me.

Aurora is growing on me though.

David/Charming is still awesome.

I was glad to see Regina's hidden underground vault again... I felt they neglected that too much from season 1.

I was sore on the lack of Rumplestiltskin in tonight's ep but he would've served no purpose yet.

I still find some choices and motivations really bizarre but I will keep watching

Enjoyed tonight's episode but I missed Rumple. :(

Didn't see the Cora twist at the end coming though. it appears we have a new big baddie ladies and gents.

Also, what the hell is the importance of King George being alive still? Where was he in Storybrooke all Season 1? What does he have to gain anymore?

Also, what the hell is the importance of King George being alive still? Where was he in Storybrooke all Season 1? What does he have to gain anymore?

He was a lawyer that was going to prosecute/defend(forgot which) Mary for David's wife disappearance. He was in like 2-3 eps briefly in S1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom