• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
Forgot to mention Mad Hattah got his daughter back, so he ain't mad no mo

But the girl just accepted it just so easily lok

Cheska

I marathoned season one last week on Netflix and am now completely obsessed with the show. I honestly feel it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves, and I really hope we see more than just this season.

Snow White has always been my least favorite of all the princesses but this show has made me like her character so much more. Hope we see more of Pinnocchio,
I personally feel he's going to be the one to find a way back to the old lands to save Snow and Emma, yada yada

I seriously can't get enough of the show and am hoping a deal for the blu ray set shows up soon so I can rewatch :p

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
People think this show is well written. I am going to take a salad fork and thrust it into my face until I am no longer able to witness the internet.

aett

Forgot to mention Mad Hattah got his daughter back, so he ain't mad no mo

But the girl just accepted it just so easily lok

His daughter had been actively looking for him ever since everyone got their memories back. That's why he had the drawing she drew of him that said "have you seen my father".

I can't believe people are saying yesterday's episode was the "best yet" for this season. Too many illogical things:

1. Emma shooting the gun in the air, at night, after the "danger" that Snow White was in had been clearly diffused.

2. There's supposedly only enough water for one person to be healed, yet both Snow and Charming can drink of that water in the marriage ceremony, and the half-amount that Snow drinks is enough to heal her curse. So then why the heck couldn't Charming's mom drink the other half instead of wasting the sip on him??

3. David and Henry get into Regina's vault, which is clearly a storehouse for magic-related items. But while they both believe they needs magic to get the hat working again, David and Henry just just leave. He's SO concerned about getting Snow and Emma back, yet respects Regina's vault of magic without even looking around to see if something useful is in there???

Didn't King George seem supportive of Charming during the "Fairybacks" that occurred after this Civil War?

(referring to the episode with Cinderella.)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't believe people are saying yesterday's episode was the "best yet" for this season. Too many illogical things:

[stuff]

Don't forget all the awful, forced jokes, like Charming saying something about "tail between our legs" then apologizing to Red, and Emma's "turducken" comment about the chimera. This show is corny as fuck.

Oh, and Mulan is the worst character of all time, played by the worst actress that has ever lived (why is so hard to find Asian actresses that can act? I see shows and movies LITTERED with awful ones) and she has the WORST haircut.

Don't forget all the awful, forced jokes, like Charming saying something about "tail between our legs" then apologizing to Red, and Emma's "turducken" comment about the chimera. This show is corny as fuck.

Oh, and Mulan is the worst character of all time, played by the worst actress that has ever lived (why is so hard to find Asian actresses that can act? I see shows and movies LITTERED with awful ones) and she has the WORST haircut.

Don't watch it then?

Arment

I laughed at terducken.

1. Emma shooting the gun in the air, at night, after the "danger" that Snow White was in had been clearly diffused.

Yeah, this was really my first "Emma, why are you such an idiot" moment. There was no reason to fire the weapon, especially after Snow had already told her the ogres hunt by sound. Emma really seems to be contrary for the sake of being contrary now.

sharbhund

Yeah, this was really my first "Emma, why are you such an idiot" moment. There was no reason to fire the weapon, especially after Snow had already told her the ogres hunt by sound. Emma really seems to be contrary for the sake of being contrary now.

I was thinking it was stupid to waste the bullets, since it was a revolver.

3. David and Henry get into Regina's vault, which is clearly a storehouse for magic-related items. But while they both believe they needs magic to get the hat working again, David and Henry just just leave. He's SO concerned about getting Snow and Emma back, yet respects Regina's vault of magic without even looking around to see if something useful is in there???

The others didn't bother me too much, they seemed par for the course. This one however just seemed so dumb. That hidden vault should seem like a huge discovery to them. They just put the snakes back on their shelf and leave it as it is and go fake sword fight. I just didn't understand that at all.

Liked the episode overall though. I like that we are getting more bad guys. I can just imagine Rumple, the king, and Cora all being in the same place and semi on the same side.

On a side note(Preview related):
I'm not a big fan of Hook being younger. This guy is supposed to be the enemy of a group of young boys. He should be a crotchity older mean guy. This younger version just makes it seem like they are trying to cash in on the Jack Sparrow type popularity. I'll reserver judgement though, they could be going for a early years version or something.

Medalion

Banned
Aw shit I accidentally read that spoiler, I knew that dude was coming to the show but I didn't know...that detail, a tad dissapointmenton :(

EulaCapra

With King George's little speech to Snow about a lost love, I have a feeling someone will be half-siblings to someone else like Prince Charming and Regina which in retrospect would be 10% creepy.

ag-my001

Eh, I'm buying George's story on not having his own kid. Plus Charming isn't his anyway.

The thing this past episode made me realize was that characters we've seen in Fairytale-land but not Storybrooke may have met a not so nice end.

Storylines that still need covering:

How Regina's father wound up in Wonderland
Lancelot's end
Aurora's spellbinding
Any Neverland characters previously unknown in SB
How the kingdom was "retaken"

aett

I'm anxious to see who Dr. Whale really is. When the last episode mentioned a mercenary called "The Leviathan", I thought it would be him for sure, but it immediately turned out to be Lancelot.

Odinson

Liking the Capt hook story so far. I wonder if rumple brought magic back to even the playing field and continue to look for his son.

This year's storyline is leaps and bounds better than last year's. Like where this show is going.

So Doctor Whale is
Frankenstein? or Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde?

Ohwiseone

I've seen more and more rumors that Dr.Whale is
Dr.Frankenstein

Which from the preview for next week, That fits..really well.

I've seen more and more rumors that Dr.Whale is
Dr.Frankenstein

Which from the preview for next week, That fits..really well.

Is Dr. Frankenstein even a fairy tale character? I don't understand!

This week's episode was pretty good. I had a hunch Hook wouldn't be in Storybrooke about halfway through. Also glad they put Belle in the library, nice little touch.

Bossun

Seems like we're gonna have a coalition of bad guys. At least Cora and Hook.

I like Hook and its story so far.
Hope to see Peter Pan join the good guys.
Now that's the bad guys are the ennemies of the ennemies, and that the good guys are even good to a certain degrees to the bad guys, will we see Regina and Rumple allied with the rest of Storybrook?
Possible.

Also I'm sad for Lancelot. I wanted to see him more. And less Mulan, I don't really dig her character so far.

Also 2 : Emma is really useless.

LiQuid!

Best episode of the season = No Snow, No Regina, No EMMA. Hey looks like this show can be pretty cool without all the annoying, female leads!

Seems like we're gonna have a coalition of bad guys. At least Cora and Hook.

I was really starting to get this though in the last episode with the glimpse of the king. Seems like we would have Cora, Hook, the King and maybe more. I could see it causing a joining of forces with the majority of storybrooke. I would gladly welcome it over everyone being against Regina and Rumple over and over.

I really liked this episode. Still don't really like the younger Hook, but I can accept it being an origin story. Definitely like how they ties things together like him calling Rumple a crocadile and the "tick, tock, tick, tock" though the ladder was kind of weak.

Randomly I was thinking about Bae and who could have sent him the postcard in the first episode. I'm thinking it's going to be someone we haven't met yet. I kind of think there will be more fairy tail people that were like Bae and Pinnochio and were outside of storybrooke and retained their memories. It has to be someone who had their memories and it can't be Regina or Rumple so there is either someone else who had their memories in storybrooke or someone else outside of it.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
This year's storyline is leaps and bounds better than last year's. Like where this show is going.

So Doctor Whale is
Frankenstein? or Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde?

I'm personally hoping it's
Doctor Finklestein
from
Nightmare Before Christmas
.. that's disney.. and I'd love to see how they'd pull that off.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm kinda confused on Rumplestiltskin's whole timeline. For some reason, I was under the impression that he became the Dark One long, long ago - decades at least, maybe longer. But now I'm just confused, because things don't seem to stick together quite right.

We know he's been around for a while. He's the one who gave Cora her power, right? So at least since Regina was a child. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and they didn't state that. Still, he gave Regina her power, so he's been around at least since Snow was a child.

So let's say that's the earliest he had his power. Well, Bae went through the portal to our world shortly after he became the Dark One. Assuming that was around the time he gave Regina her powers, that puts Bae in our world for, say, 15 years of Snow growing up, and then 28 years while the town was frozen. So an extra 43 years on top of however old he was when he left? He should be getting kinda old in our world, in his 50s, possibly nearing 60.

And that's just assuming that giving Regina her power was the earliest known instance of him being the Dark One relative to another character, which is in all likelihood not the case. So Bae could have died of old age in the time he was looking for a way to our world. Maybe he should be looking for Bae's grandchildren.

Or maybe it's fucking magic and I'm thinking about it too hard. Rumplestiltskin's spell brought everyone to not only the place, but also the time where Bae had been transported. Yeah, whatever, I'm going with that one.

Piecake

Im liking the show, probably because shit actually happens (what can i say, i have low standards), and is a pretty fun, shut your brain off and relax show.

I'm not a huge fan of Hook's actor though. I just dont buy him. He just seems like suave, lady's man actor B, not a 'character' or, well, captain hook, which is a shame, since their other 'villains', Rumps and Regina, are the two best characters

KevinCow

Banned
Also I'm afraid they're going to kill the Mad Hatter now that he's got his happy ending. Now he's disposable. If they need a dramatic character death any time soon, then having him die to save his daughter would fit the bill nicely.

I really hope I'm wrong on this one though, because he's one of my favorite characters.

Arment

Also I'm afraid they're going to kill the Mad Hatter now that he's got his happy ending. Now he's disposable. If they need a dramatic character death any time soon, then having him die to save his daughter would fit the bill nicely.

I really hope I'm wrong on this one though, because he's one of my favorite characters.

I think I'd be alright with this. Makes room for more characters.

Medalion

Banned
I hated Pinitchyio arc, he was hyped as something earth shattering with the typewriter biker mystery guy...then turns to wood and we forget about him

Just as well

This show does 't know what fairy tales to focus on

So where the hell did Pinocchio go? I think this is the answer I want the most.

My theory is there are other people besides Pinocchio and Bae that are from the fairy tail land but weren't in Storybrooke. I would guess he left town for something to do with that, or he had other reasons he wanted to break the curse.

I'm kinda confused on Rumplestiltskin's whole timeline. For some reason, I was under the impression that he became the Dark One long, long ago - decades at least, maybe longer. But now I'm just confused, because things don't seem to stick together quite right.

We know he's been around for a while. He's the one who gave Cora her power, right? So at least since Regina was a child. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and they didn't state that. Still, he gave Regina her power, so he's been around at least since Snow was a child.

So let's say that's the earliest he had his power. Well, Bae went through the portal to our world shortly after he became the Dark One. Assuming that was around the time he gave Regina her powers, that puts Bae in our world for, say, 15 years of Snow growing up, and then 28 years while the town was frozen. So an extra 43 years on top of however old he was when he left? He should be getting kinda old in our world, in his 50s, possibly nearing 60.

And that's just assuming that giving Regina her power was the earliest known instance of him being the Dark One relative to another character, which is in all likelihood not the case. So Bae could have died of old age in the time he was looking for a way to our world. Maybe he should be looking for Bae's grandchildren.

Or maybe it's fucking magic and I'm thinking about it too hard. Rumplestiltskin's spell brought everyone to not only the place, but also the time where Bae had been transported. Yeah, whatever, I'm going with that one.

I read some stuff about timelines on the show earlier and saw something about Rumple having to be cursed for a long time. He ends the first great ogres war in which he ran from and in Red's back story Granny says something about 60 years ago was the 2nd great ogre's war. So I'm guessing there is some kind of timey whimey stuff going on.

There was also a lot of examples of where time has been brought up in the show. One thing it brought up that I thought was interesting was the apple that Regina used to make the turnover that Henry ate. She took the apple from falling out of Snows hand the first time she takes a bite so just from that point to when Regina takes it she sleeps for a while, gets rescued and marrys Charming, has a baby and get cursed and then 28 years pass. After all that Regina takes that apple from years prior.

Time in Fairytale Land seems awful wonky. It seems like nobody gets older unless it suits their story/they want the character to be older. Cora hasn't aged a bit, Hook I get (Neverland), but Regina, Snow, Prince Charming, Rumpelstiltskin, Belle...it's all so hard to keep track of what happened when and how old they should be but really aren't.

I don't think they will. He's one of the keys to traversing between worlds, and he's also right now the only connection to Wonderland, which I'm sure will be expanded upon in the future. I am surprised they wrapped up his daughter storyline so easily, though. I expected more difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom