• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Yep, the Ow is mostly Niall according to the producer.
I suppose it's because we like completely different types of music, but the two of you love Rock me and I don't like it at all. Sounds too much like mainstream pop for my taste. It's like an overproduced autotune fest. Feels like I'm listening to Rihanna with male voices or something like that. No offense, i just don't like it.
I like summer love a lot.

U should write a review.

DOOO EEET!

Nlroh

U should write a review.

DOOO EEET!

To be honest, I don't like writing about music, it's not my thing. I mean, I don't know a lot of technical things about music so I don't feel like I could properly write something. I love writing about films, but that's because I feel like I know something about it. I suppose I could just... write a couple of things about some songs... but I need to listen to this for quite some time to make a fair judgement.

To be honest, I don't like writing about music, it's not my thing. I mean, I don't know a lot of technical things about music so I don't feel like I could properly write something. I love writing about films, but that's because I feel like I know something about it. I suppose I could just... write a couple of things about some songs... but I need to listen to this for quite some time to make a fair judgement.

Lol true I suppose. I don't review music often myself. Just when I am really interested in the artist.

I imagine doing music reviews as a job would be hard.....not a lot of people like ALL genres and types of music. I would become so jaded after a while.

RM8

My review: C'mon C'mon is pretty okay, so is Little Things.

I think it's pretty clear it's not my kind of music. You guys can't say I didn't try, though!

My review: C'mon C'mon is pretty okay, so is Little Things.

I think it's pretty clear it's not my kind of music. You guys can't say I didn't try, though!

dA200.gif

How does one like Little Things?

If I ignore the lyrics entirely its ok I suppose

I do like C'Mon C'Mon though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

tbh I dont either, I just write how it sounds to me and it makes me feel. I can't get technical about the sound, verses, bridge, etc.

RM8

It's pleasant and not too noisy, plus I like its acoustic-ness. I admit I mostly don't care about lyrics in music, which is why rap does absolutely nothing for me.

Dany

Banned
Some of these gifs are making me question their sexuality, or am I reading too much into kids being kid?

Some of these gifs are making me question their sexuality, or am I reading too much into kids being kid?

That is the question.

Honestly I really do think it is likely that one or more of them is gay. However, their behavior is so all over the place thats its hard to tell.....and barring a sex tape they sure as hell aren't going to risk their millions by speaking up.

That is the question.

Honestly I really do think it is likely that one or more of them is gay. However, their behavior is so all over the place thats its hard to tell.....and barring a sex tape they sure as hell aren't going to risk their millions by speaking up.

Simon's Creation. Everyone's gay.

Nlroh

Lol for me its Niall.

Straight ---- Niall>Liam>Zayn>Harry>Louis --- Gay

Though Harry has a reputation as a total man whore so maybe he just isn't picky?

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo Niaaaaaall

I've to admit Niall doesn't strike me as gay, but sometimes he plays along with the others. Liam on the other hand, doesn't seem too comfortable I think. But yeah, Louis is easily the most obvious.

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo Niaaaaaall

I've to admit Niall doesn't strike me as gay, but sometimes he plays along with the others. Liam on the other hand, doesn't seem to comfortable I think. But yeah, Louis is easily the most obvious.

Liam comes off as uncomfortable but I don't think that really means much. I think he is just less socially adept than the others to begin with. Though I do find it unlikely that he is gay.

On the topic of their songs. Live While Were Young is pretty much dead on the radio right now...dropping fast on the charts. Will they give some time for it to marinate and maybe get Little Things some airplay? Or do they go straight to Kiss You.

Nlroh

On the topic of their songs. Live While Were Young is pretty much dead on the radio right now...dropping fast on the charts. Will they give some time for it to marinate and maybe get Little Things some airplay? Or do they go straight to Kiss You

Fixed.

They needed the promo for Live While We're Young, the x-factor performance gave it a big jump but I thinks its done in radio. Too little, too late.

Kiss You is impacting radio on Nov 20
http://www.allaccess.com/top40-mainstream/future-releases

Awesome.

Not that I listen to a lot of radio.....but I really did not want to listen to Little Things. It has been deleted from my Itunes.

I find it interesting that Little Things is selling so well right now despite the fact that now hundreds of thousands have the album so don't need singles.....I woulda thought the Today Show bounce would have ended by now. Plus no radio promo to speak of.

Nlroh

The music I like gets zero airplay, so I don't think I can say something about this topic.
Someone explain me, what/why/how airplay? Is it really like people asking radio stations to play something? how does it work?

The music I like gets zero airplay, so I don't think I can say something about this topic.
Someone explain me, what/why/how airplay? Is it really like people asking radio stations to play something? how does it work?

Well they release it to radio. Some add it to their regular rotation where it plays every x amount of time. Others randomly throw it in or take requests from listeners. Its all about whether the radio station thinks a song will bring more ears......if they don't think it will they won't play it.

Of course sometimes its just a momentum thing. You don't want to be the ONLY station not playing a big artists song even if it sucks because then that artists fans may go elsewhere.

With youtube/online listening options Radio isn't quite as important as it use to be.

What? So basically radio stations decide the fate of a single???

Essentially yeah.

Though as I said. In today's market it is possible to have a hit without it...... with youtube, etc. Its just more difficult.

The thing is that success is usually measured by Billboard hot 100 success......and a huge chunk of the formula is radio airplay. So.....it makes it hard.

Never heard of these boys, are they the ones from that Nickelodean show?

Nope.

Maybe you are thinking of Big Time Rush.

I'm assuming radio stations could be bribed to play something and make it successful...

It has happened.

Generally isn't worth it though. Too much risk. Airplay doesn't always correlate to album/singles/ticket sales.

Some perks to stations to get the ball rolling do happen (though its generally free concert tickets to give out to viewers, or interviews, etc rather than flat out bribes).

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm assuming radio stations could be bribed to play something and make it successful...

yes, Clear Channel does it a lot and its really no longer hidden. Some songs get huge radio deals during the time of release to make the radio stations play them mostly every hour.

Oh yeah forgot about them.

Madonna payed a boatload to get her last single on the radio around the super bowl. Still flopped though....once again showing the weakness of the idea.

Nlroh

Mmmm... The way I'm seeing this is that airplay has no value at all. I don't understand why you get all excited about this on pop gaf, it sounds like the system is practically broken. I suppose itunes is a better way to measure popularity.

Mmmm... The way I'm seeing this is that airplay has no value at all. I don't understand why you get all excited about this on pop gaf, it sounds like the system is practically broken. I suppose itunes is a better way to measure popularity.

Eh I still think that its fairly rare.

As I recall the formula for Hot 100. Is mostly Airplay+Sales. Then streaming/youtube? Maybe Marius knows.

I really can't think of a fairer way to do it though. If it was just by sales an artist could dominate through steep discounts/retailer deals.

ch9o0.gif

No, I just don't like Rock me. The lyrics don't help at all, they're stupid.

lol I like it....but now that I think about it I am not sure I can listen to it a lot and still like it. May get old quickly. We will see.....really the only three songs I am listening to are Over Again, Summer Love, and Nobody Compares. I am starting to like She's Not Afraid but the SOUND is so cliche.

Also I have a really hard time picturing Niall singing most of the songs in my head lol....he's so....asexual to me. I could cuddle him sure....but meh. Feels so wrong.

Nlroh

I feel like the first half of the album has the catchiest songs, not saying that the last half is bad, but they're not as catchy. I think I'll appreciate the last half more later on.

OYSXA.gif

He's extremely sexy! But now that I think about it, the things I find sexy are usually considered just cute, so I get why you don't like him, lol.

Lol I am the exact opposite. The second half (including bonus tracks) is where its at for me.

As to Niall.....its not that I don't like him. Its just that I never found being awkward or quirky to be sexy traits in general. I don't know.....I go back and forth on him.

Also hard to take anyone with an Irish accent seriously....TV has ruined me....the Irish guy is ALWAYS the joke character on TV.

Nlroh

Awkwardness and quirkiness are the sexiest things ever. But... Niall reminds me of myself, and sometimes that confuses me.

Awkwardness and quirkiness are the sexiest things ever. But... Niall reminds me of myself, and sometimes that confuses me.

lol.

Maybe Niall will grow on me. I certainly like him more now than when he was on X Factor. We will have to see.

Harry and Louis are still my fav's though from a pure persona perspective.

bGk5M.jpg

Nlroh

My revised list:
Niall >>>>> Larry> Zayn >>>>>>>>>> Liam

Louis is hilarious, that's why I decided to put him on the same level as Harry.

My revised list:
Niall >>>>> Larry> Zayn >>>>>>>>>> Liam

Louis is hilarious, that's why I decided to put him on the same level as Harry.

lol

Louis is pretty hilarious. When he does ridiculous things you can SEE him glance at the camera because he wants to make sure its watching. Such an attention whore....but I love it. Plus he has a pretty great bitch face. Harry can be pretty cheeky as well.

For comparison here were my favs ON X FACTOR way back when.

Harry>Liam>>>>>>>>>Zayn>Louis>Niall

Louis really didn't look so hot back then...hated his hair. Zayn was just boring in general.

Liam was mature for a 16 year old which I liked....but now he still seems too mature for his age and its not cute anymore.

Also lol.....tumblr. Them fangirls.

ye1qt.gif

Nlroh

Zayn looked so boring back then. I've always liked Louis and Harry, though. My Niall obsession started when I realized he's super awkward and funny.

f3LTb.gif

I am a bit of a singing show fanatic myself so singing is really important for me, which is what kept Louis off my fav's back then. I mean....bless his soul....but he is terrible. Niall is a bit better. Zayn has improved leaps and bounds though.

I have a hard time ever hating on Liam just because of how awesome his audition was.

Either way yeah. My favorites now are almost 100% personality driven.

I am not sure what I think about the copycat boy bands on the US and UK versions of the X factor. They just seem so....redundant. Can't make myself get interested.

Nlroh

Those new bands look so fake. I don't know if it just me, but there's something about 1d that doesn't strike me as fake.

Those new bands look so fake. I don't know if it just me, but there's something about 1d that doesn't strike me as fake.

Yeah the same feeling here. Though I feel terrible for them for being put in that situation.....its a lose lose. They will forever be known as the manufactured copycats whether its true or not :(

I also agree 1D didn't feel fake. Though I will admit I am worried that they could become that way.....they are far less candid now than they use to be in interviews. Everything is starting to feel very staged.

Top Bottom